Best New Health Products of 2011 : Best of Health 2011 #910

Monday Dec 26 | BY |

Today, I’m back on video, but with commentary underneath…

It’s amazing how split everyone is about video or written articles. I have to admit, I’m not much of a video watcher either, so that’s why I have been leaning toward articles over the last year. Plus, I think it’s much easier to make a clear and well organized written argument than it is with video.

But when it comes to award shows like these, they’re fun to have on video, so that’s why I’m doing it this way… also some of you really wanted to see how we were doing too. 🙂

So here we go… best new products of 2011…

Your question of the day: What were the best products that you discovered in 2011?

For those of you non-viewers, here are the winners!

Runner-Up: Best New Health Product of 2011 – Sunwarrior Warrior Blend (www.Sunwarrior.com)

We’ve liked what Sunwarrior has been doing for a while. Not all of their products are for the purists, but they are doing a fantastic job making sure people take high quality protein while also taking a load off of the environment and the overproduction of the dairy industry. Amen to that and amen to an upgraded version of Sunwarrior’s original protein powder. The Warrior Blend has a wider array of amino acids and is a great way to supplement protein without excess dairy.

Top-Dog: Best New Health Product of 2011 – Bearded Brothers Snack Bars (www.BeardedBros.com)

I love these bars. You probably haven’t heard of them yet, but I hope you get a chance to try them. Co-owner Chris Herbert is a class guy and is passionate about what he does. We’ve had him on the show before and I’m thrilled that he started making these delicious bars. Go on over and order a few and see if you like them just as much as I do!

1. Thanks for the product info. I also have a favorite new bar – http://www.thegoodonyabar.com/ have been ordering them for a few months now and am quite impressed.

2. I will definitely share in all the social net works, but I have no chance for knowing about all these things as I am far away in south india. Fruits and vegetables are left with nothing to boast of as nutrients, due to depletion of nutrients from the soil everywhere. Hence there are many sick people who become sick due to lack of appropriate nutrition. Food and Drug Insecurity has reached some recognisable levels, when we find it difficult to get some reliable organic or ordinarily grown food supplies. Thanks for everything Kev.
    d.parameswaran,www.sunflowerdance.com

3. Marie says:

Can you get the Bearded bar in Canada? Hope so. thks.

4. peggy says:

Is the protien powder a good way to lose wieght, I would like to make this years new resolution my last ever to love weight. this will be the year I hope. where can I buy it in chula vista ca or National city ca 91950 area code. thanks Peggy

5. Kathleen says:

Great information – Manna360 would like to be on the Best of 2012 list! Relatively new, but its all natural ingredients can be added to the best smoothie recipe.

6. frances says:

Thanks for the tips, Kevin, and also Michael (comments).
    What I am wondering about is this: I always read full product disclosure (ingredients listings) before ordering anything. Warrior Blend does not seem to be listed that way, nor does there appear to be a place to ask. Suggestions?
    Thanks again for the tips!

7. frances says:

Actually, I found a place to connect. Started looking into shipping to Canada, and found an email address. Have now sent off my question, and hope to hear back before too long!
    Cheers,
    Frances

8. anita says:

i have been so disappointed that you have quit doing very many videos. i am a busy person and i used to always listen to you videos no matter how busy i was. now there is so much writing to find the link at the bottom of the page. so i only get to your article when i have time, so i miss 75%. please put the link at the top when you do a video and put “video” in the headliner. that way i won’t miss the videos you do. thanks!

9. anita says:

i just sent a comment and i don’t appreciate it being deleted because they said it was a duplicte! it was not unless somebody else commented the same comment as i did! how else to i get a comment to you?

10. wendy green says:

the best part of watching your vids is to see your brilliant, clear shining blue eyes!!

best new product? we can finally buy quinioa here in honduras! 🙂

11. MJ says:

I miss the videos. That’s why you are the renegade health SHOW. Not renegade blog. I have hardly paid attention to you this year because of all the articles. Not that I don’t like you (love the both of you!), but I want videos, not articles. There are a bazillion articles available to read on the internet – what sets you apart from the pack and it’s even how you became so well known is your videos, and how charismatic you are in your videos (and with Ann Marie as a team).

12. kris gallagher says:

Oh my god, i discovered so many great products this year ( not new )that have increased my energy and wellbeing ten fold! They are….. maca powder, hemp seed oil, barley powder, cacao powder, coconut oil, cinnamon, chia, agave, tumeric and cayenne pepper….all i might add go into a smoothie with RAW ( vegetable ) protein and kefir. Im nearly 50 and have way more energy than most 20 year olds. My mental state is also way more positive and i dont get stressed….i think a key issue to good health.
    Thanks Kevin for a great website, some of your links given have led me to study up on the importance of eating raw and digestive enzymes, amazing stuff 🙂

13. pearl says:

my favorite new find is http://www.azurestandard.com ! they have awesome organic and natural bulk foods, superfoods, herbs -even food for my chickens and garden! all at fantastic prices! they deliver in trucks over a large part of the country. please share it with you list! people will love it! Blessings to you all! Pearl

14. Kaye Herbert says:

thanks for the love kevin and annmarie! 🙂 we miss you guys and hope this new year is filled with blessings for your business and family! shalom!

15. Caleb says:

Kevin (Chris’ business partner here) thanks for giving us a plug. And thanks to all of you who have already placed orders. We greatly appreciate your support. For those that don’t know, our Vanilla Blueberry bar actually uses Sun Warrior protein, so you get the best of BOTH worlds!

16. Frank Berg says:

In 1941 when I was in grade three, we were taught,to replace the worn out cells throughout our body we need at least 90 minerals every day. If we don’t get all of our minerals,some parts of our body will not be rebuilt with perfect new cells. It takes different minerals and combination of minerals for some parts of the body. The body will be rebuilt, but only to the measure that it can rebuild with the minerals we provide for it to work with. In North America mineral-deficiency is our worst health hazard. It goes ahead of stroke, heart attack, diabetes and cancer. In measure I think all of these exist because of mineral depravity. There are hundreds of ailments brought about by mineral depravity.

There is a reason we in North America can’t easily get the minerals. That is because they are not in the soil in which we grow our food crops. Plants don’t make minerals. They only absorb what is in the soil they grow in. Therefore if there are no minerals in the soil there will be no minerals in the plants that grow in that soil. Some people say the soil has been depleted. Yes! Soil can be depleted in the amount of potash, nitrogen and phosphoric acid. These are necessary for plants to grow healthy and strong. However, this has nothing to do with the minerals in the full-grown plant. An argument can be made here but I think the proof really seems to lie in the fact the minerals were never there in the first place. I think God planned it to be that way so that we would trade with countries whose soil is made up differently. We can improve our lot by fertilizing with ocean water fertilizers. They have 98 minerals. I use it for the food plants we grow in our deck garden.

My first choice product for the year 2011 has to be ADYA Clarity. It gives me the purest water available in our area. I like the very low cost per gallon. And it gives me 98 minerals at the same time.
    My next choice is “Ocean’s Alive,” It is a Super Potent Micro Algae Marine Phytoplankton concentrate. It can be purchased from http://www.ActivationProducts.com

I own and manage my online wholesale/retail shopping mall http://www.aboveandbeyondmall.com but my first love and passion is to teach people about the minerals our bodies need. It seems that all such important teaching was taken out of our schools by the time I was in grade five. Other people my age back me up on this. I think there is a whole generation or two who have never heard of the need of minerals to make a healthy body.

17. Chris says:

I appreciate what you do and the effort you put into this, but find that I have been quickly skimming over your articles, as a good portion of it is a plug for one thing or another on your website anyway. It is only natural that you want to share your information, but sometimes I just find it off-putting. I just need to divide my somewhat limited time among several other health content information sent to my email. I guess that’s why I enjoyed your videos so much.

18. Anne says:

In 2011 I was impressed by the reformulation of the Vega sports products including the Vanilla performance protein which is my favourite. Also their whole range of Sports stuff has been redone with introduction of new products most of which I haven’t tried yet but just wanted to mention their Performance protein as I became a fan when I tried a single portion pack one day.

I also love the Sun Warrior Warrior Blend although I mix the vanilla and Natural as I find the vanilla too sweet. I still probably prefer their rice protein though to be honest to the taste but am sure the Warrior Blend packs more bang for your buck!

Love the video format…sorry. Although I do like the articles too I find it takes so much more time to read that I find it hard to keep up. Maybe some balance between the two. 3-4 videos for 1-2 articles.

19. sue says:

I think the best new product for me has been this site! I have been finding out more this year about health and health foods than I have ever done before! Keep up the good work!

20. maca says:

I’m also a big fan of Sun Warrior. I’ve never heard of Bearded Brothers Snack Bars though, so I’ll have to check them out when I’m in the USA (hopefully very soon). Happy New Year.

21. Stephania says:

best new product (new-to-me, anyway):
    Karthein’s Organic Sauerkraut (unpasteurized)
    Carrot & Ginger
    so yummy, it makes EVERYone a sauerkraut lover
    great to add to raw vegan sushi…..mmmmm!

it’s also available in Original and Traditional (with juniper berries–that’s what gin is made of)

22. Dawn says:

Sorry but I just looked up the energy bars..(beardedbros.com Too many calories and way to many carbs.. ingredients did not sound to bad. But that would cause an insulin response that would not be healthy.. maybe in a pinch but i’m sorry don’t think its a good idea.

23. Gina says:

I agree with some of the others. Ever since you started with the printed articles in place of the videos,I haven’t been keeping up with you guys. I really don’t have time to read all that. It is much easier to have the video playing while I am preparing dinner or other things etc. Isn’t that what made you guys who you are today!!

24. alice says:

The best products I’ve discovered this year are:
    Hydrabrush toothbrush, an electric toothbrush that brushes top and bottom teeth at the same time.
    Coral White toothpaste which contains no flouride, no lauryl sulfate, no synthetics and no glycerin.
    Be Young essential oils. They’re very pure and the best available.
    My favorite raw bar is Wild Bar (expensive but worth it.

25. fruit says:

best health product. fresh air, spring water, love, happyness, sun, and fruits and othern ice things.

26. Betoman says:

Bearded Brothers was a great find for me in 2011. I live in the Austin area. I also discovered PureGreen Protein from Vibrant Health, Version 2.0 Vanilla. It is a yellow pea, alfaalfa, rice, spirulina protein powder sweetened with Luo Han Guo. It tastes really good with hemp milk, avocado and a few greens, blended well. Found it at HEB, surprisingly.
    Thanks for the updates on improved products. I’ll be trying Sun Warrior stuff soon.

27. Lorien says:

I’m with the love the videos folks. I don’t take the time to read the articles, my time is very limited. I can listen to the videos while I do other things and just replay as many times as needed to really hear it all. So I miss most of what you folks are doing now.

28. Jock says:

Fascinating about the videos versus the articles. Maybe it correlates with age, I’m a geezer and in my life, I have no inclination to watch a video on my computer. When I’m on the computer, I’m busy with other things. But with articles, I simply print them out and read/reread them at my leisure. So I’m guessing that you have mostly a relatively youthful audience — which is wonderful, really, because if there’s any hope for us, it is through the younger generations

29. Sheryl says:

The info is great on the product… however, it seems everything I would have been interested in ordering was “out of stock”

30. Best new products itsalivefoods.com
    kraut, raw crackers, spouted, flavored seeds, green smoothie crackers are the best. Eric makes them with love.

31. Nomi says:

About the video vs reading thing. I think it’s also an ‘age’ thing. Pretty much folks under 45 prefer videos and over 45 prefer to read.
    Videos drive me crazy! One of my very few true talents is that I read very fast. I can ALWAYS read faster than any video and I get very antsy when trying to watch a video as I can’t speed it up like I can with reading.
    And, my retention is 100% better when reading
    than watching/listening.
    I realize how very much in the minority this makes me. And, Yes, I’m OLD but that’s no secret…just keeping young with high raw but I still have birthdays!
    Whatever you do and however you do it, you are brilliant!

32. VJ says:

Are there any other Australians out there with suggestions? My best find for 2011; elektralife.com based in QLD, Australia. They are distributing magnesium salts sourced from the Himalayas and complete with trace elements, in crystals, sprays and creams.

33. Thanks for the great video! I am on a mission to make your Best of 2013. 🙂

Thanks Dr Mike for the plug and all your support.

Dawn, I wanted to suggest you check out our bars, http://www.thegoodonyabar.com. I totally hear ya on the sugar, most bars are up around the 20-30g mark. We have about 10, and our new bar due out in a few weeks will have 6.9! It’s called Superhero. 100% raw, we use a touch of raw honey and mostly coconut BUTTER! Totally insanely cool and different:)

Kevin I heard about you from Sean at Underground Wellness. And I loved your Health Debate. Awesome. Do that again one day:)

Keep saving the world everyone, one step at a time!