Renegade Health Names the Best Health Conference of 2011 : Best of Health 2011

Wednesday Dec 21 | BY |

It’s been a while since I’ve been on video, so please don’t criticize me for being a little rusty…

But, what I’m going to share with you may be one of my favorite things to do over the past few years – recognize the people, companies and products that we think are some of the best of the best.

This year, for our Renegade Health Best of Awards, we’re going to tackle 8 distinct categories and share the runner-up and Top-Dog. It’s going to be a lot of fun and – for those of you who needed a Kev fix – I’m back on video for at least the next week and a half!

For those of you who can’t stand my high energy approach, I’ll write the names of the people and companies that we wanted to award below the video. LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

So today, without further ado, I want to share the groundwork and process of how we decide as well as the Top-Dog and runner-up for best health conference of 2011.

Your question of the day: What is the runner up and best health conference that you’ve been to in 2011?

For those of you non-viewers:

Runner Up for Best Health Conference: Superhero You (www.SuperHeroYou.com)

This is a first time event – new for 2011 – that focuses on building your potential to the fullest – which includes health, mindpower and more. The event not only had fantastic speakers, but also fantastic attendees! Great education, great networking. Next one’s in May…

Top-Dog for Best Health Conference: The Longevity Now Conference (www.thelongevitynowconference.com)

David Wolfe, Len, Rebecca and team do a great job putting this great event together. Each time there are more people and even better speakers. Be sure to add this one to your calendar on a regular basis.

Kevin Gianni is a health author, activist and blogger. He started seriously researching personal and preventative natural health therapies in 2002 when he was struck with the reality that cancer ran deep in his family and if he didnโ€™t change the way he was living โ€” he might go down that same path. Since then, heโ€™s written and edited 6 books on the subject of natural health, diet and fitness. During this time, heโ€™s constantly been humbled by what experts claim they know and what actually is true. This has led him to experiment with many diets and protocols โ€” including vegan, raw food, fasting, medical treatments and more โ€” to find out what is myth and what really works in the real world.

Kevin has also traveled around the world searching for the best protocols, foods, medicines and clinics around and bringing them to the readers of his blog RenegadeHealth.com โ€” which is one of the most widely read natural health blogs in the world with hundreds of thousands of visitors a month from over 150 countries around the world.

1. Marc says:

Wow Kev, after watching this video, it seems you need another memory conference! Ha ha. Happy Holidays.

2. The recent inbody mind, & Spirit Conference with Jordan Rubin, Alex Loyd, and Dr. Caroline Leaf was small (couple hundred) yet excellent. There is a repeat in Georgia next month. The Health Freedom Expo in Chicago area was good. Dr. Mercola was awesome. He also spoke at the Weston A. Price Foundation meeting in Dallas. That was a huge show with great speakers.

3. You know the $37.6MM fine against Kevin Trudeau was upheld in appeals court end of nov 2011? Might not want to throw his name out. Guilty or not, his past is very checkered at best.

4. Kuru says:

Kevin Trudeau’s name is good in my book. I applaud his boldness in offering solutions to the masses. And David too for having him speak. Longevity Conference is truly awesome as are the video clips of it David so generously shares. Great to see you back on video, Kev, and hear Annmarie in the background. Even though you’re long-winded, I really appreciate your humanness: on this one: forgetting plus obsessing about sector. LOL! Oh, and the best one of all: being open to ribbing!

5. Annette says:

Longevity Conference is definitely the ‘gold standard’ in health conferences.

6. Velda says:

This is fantastic! I’m glad to see all these categories for nominations. It is will help point us to other resources. Looking forward to seeing who the winners are. You never know, your nominations may eventually help to set standards so that people/companies will want to strive to achieve so they can have a win, place or show in these categories. Thanks, Kevin!!

7. Meg says:

Hello, I have a really important question that I feel you are perfect to answer but didn’t know where to ask it so I used this comment section ๐Ÿ™‚ sorry if that was the wronge thing to do!
    I have been a vegetarian for 8 years and vegan for the last 4 of those years and on a high raw food diet for about a year or 2. I haven’t had a menstral cycle in about 6-7 years and I have been working with doctors on this for a while. I do not agree with using birth control to cover this health glitch up and I started going to a nateropathic/ holistic doctor and he has told me everytime I go in that my cholesterol is too low and people cannot live off a vegan diet long term because they need certain things like this to live healthfully. I also had acne really bad because my hormones were jacked up! I FINALLY agreed to taking cholesterol supplements (sources from eggs) while maintaining a vegan diet in all other aspects of my life. Well…my acne went away instantly and I hate to think he could be right! Being a vegan is who I am it is hard to surrender to going back to animal products, but is a long term vegan diet really not okay?
    Help with any knowledge you can give ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks! Meg!

8. Velda says:

I agree with Kuru – hats off to Kevin Trudeau. You know that he knew he would be challenged big time for his boldness in informing people and waking them up. The “powers that be” like to silence anyone that will get people thinking about what is right.

9. barbara slaine says:

My question that we discussed about David Wolfe is that as you
    experienced there is no science and by eating to much of
    his superfoods you may experience issues. I remember you sharing that experience with me and I believe it was the cacao.
    So I think David is great but there always has to be a warning..proceed with caution and do your research..don’t you agree??

10. Robin says:

Meg,
    Tonya Zavasta (Beautiful on Raw) talks about your question in one of her blogs. I was fascinated by this and immediately thought of this when I read your question. Here is the web address.
    Hope this helps.
    Robin

11. nilsholgerson says:

What is the runner up and best health conference that youโ€™ve been to in 2011? Ive been to lot a small meeting with nice people here in Germany:)

12. LynnCS says:

Kevin Trudeau? Really, kev? Really?

13. Karen says:

The Longevity Now Conference is the only one I’ve been to – five times. Absolutely am hooked. And Kevin Trudeau is and was awesome. It’s really great to see you and Ann there too.

14. Patti says:

The longevity Now conference is the only health conference I have ever been to. I felt like a groupie, because so many of the people I respect were there…including you. I wanted to talk to every one of them, but they were all busy with hundreds of other people that wanted to talk to them, too. It was the most amazing conference, I would love to go again and again. I know Kevin Trudeau is controversial, and I didn’t know what to expect from him, but he was fabulous. His subject and his information were well worth listening to. So if you don’t like him, allow the rest of us to appreciate him.

15. Betoman says:

I’ve actually never been to a health conference, but would consider attending a regional one, like in Texas. How does one find out? Is there a central source where all of the “health” conferences are posted?
    Thanks!

16. Justin says:

As of yet I have not attended any seminars. I want to attend the longevity now conference in 2012 assuming the world doesn’t end ;/ (I have no excuse as it’s only about a half hour drive from me) as well as some of the paleo stuff that Mark Sisson puts on.

I’ve been a fan of David Wolfe and his crew for 8 years now! Talk about being on the cutting edge….

17. Chris Armstrong says:

Kevin Trudeau was my introduction to natural health through his books and informing shows. there will come a time when the courage and respect for truth necessary to do these things will be recognized and appreciated. all of us who are determined to maintain our freedom of choice, owes Mr. Trudeau a debt.

18. Anna says:

David you are absolutely right. I do not know of another natural health educator having a past like his.

19. Russ says:

Top conference I attended this year was by far: The Ancestral Health Symposium.

My vote for The top dog this year is Sean Croxton.

20. So great all that you give to us, I use adult stem cell nutrition http://jdimlm.com/miracles, having great results with it. It is the new way, we have to take care of ourselves. Thank you, God Bless

21. Edith says:

Portland OR vegfest is my absolute favorite. This conference covers health, animal rights, cooking, gardening, and every aspect of a healthy lifestyle. They’ve had superb speakers (McDougall, Campbell, Esselstyn, Greger, Robbins, and my favorite Barnard). The entrance fee is only $5. You can’t beat this one. It is held in September. Thousands attend.

22. Edith says:

My suggestions for other categories…
    Non-profit PCRM
    Person Neil Barnard or Michael Greger

23. Sue says:

I have not been to any health conferences. Where and when are they held? Kevin, please let us know how to find out about these events with enough time to get them into our schedule and budget constraints! Thanks!

24. satori says:

Kevin, you’re not rusty….at all! I can’t believe it’s already the holiday season again. I remember you’re doing shows on the same spot and mentioning about your grandma’s painting last year…. Time flies even faster when you get older LOL!

I’ve never been to The Longevity Now Conference although I watched so many videos of it. I’m kind of scared of going there. The conference is too massive that it makes me feel like I have too less knowledge and passion for health to even be there!

I did go to the health freedom expo in Long Beach. I liked it. It’s closer to LA than San Diego too:D

25. this is for BETOMAN.
    you mention you are looking for a regional conference in Texas. Try Mannatech in Coppell, Dallas. i live in Cape Town, SA and have been consuming Mannatech’s glyconutrients for 3 years. I have optimal health at the age of 66 years old.
    They have a patented technology which is being hailed in many areas as the most exciting medical discovery in the last 100 years.
    Go down to their offices in Coppell and find out when the conferences/trainings are held.
    Regards
    Coral Vorster
    Cape Town, SA

26. Hi

Great video, love the energy.

Also thanks to everyone above who had positive things to say about Kevin Trudeau, I can tell you he is very passionate about Natural health…even with a $37.6m fine:)

Lee

27. Gabrielle says:

Well…I don”t know if any voting from Holland also counts….but for the last 3 years I have visited David Wolfe’s conferences here in Holland. Every year it is growing bigger; this year ( 7 weeks ago)it was awesome again; he just has the right mix of knowledge and great entertainment.I think it is great that he is traveling all over the world to spread the knowledge and passion for healthy living.
    He is really inspiring to the relatively small raw-food community in Holland, but also for a growing audience of health seeking people in general.
    Love and light, Gabrielle

28. Barbara W. says:

Just wanted to thank you for coming out of hiding and doing some videos this week! I had been watching for about 3-4 years and it’s been a bit sad not having any of your personal energy lately. Much appreciated!!! Happy Holidays to you and Ann and hope she makes an appearance at some point.

29. Hey don’t mean to only being negative energy here. David Wolfe is great and Longevity Now (both program and conference) are fantastic.
    Of course everyone has the responsibility to do their own research and make sure they know what they are doing and not just going hog-wild on something (eg. superfoods). But especially if you have a health issue, particular superfoods can be a life saver (literally!). Keep up the good work Kev.

Dave

30. KowKow says:

Well, Kevin I think your World Cancer Summit was fantastic, especially the post summit lecture with Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy. That alone was worth the time spent.

31. ben says:

I like the mushroom conference every year in arcadia

but is there a comprehensive list of all health conferences (those mentioned and even those he did not)??

32. michael westrick says:

Cute…..First 5 to 7 years everyone loves david and kev Tredaeu…Talk to long term vegans 15 plus years and you here a different story..Hats off to you Kev for all you do in sharing different options…..