Best Renegade Health Recipes: The Best Raw Food Granola You’ll Ever Eat

Friday Sep 16 | BY |

This granola is so good, it will likely never make it out of your dehydrator.

You’ll eat it before it’s dry.

Take a look..

Here is the episode when we showed you how to sprout the buckwheat groats…

My thoughts after a few years of education…

1. Good thing we scraped the music.

There were some comments at the time that told us the music was distracting. I totally agree now that I watch this again.

2. Sprouting, soaking and dehydrating is not for us.

The reason?

I eat everything before it’s ready. I can’t wait. LOL!

3. Ceylon cinnamon would make this that much better.

This was 2 years before we discovered our Ceylon cinnamon. This recipe would be at least 10-20% better with it. LOL!

4. I didn’t realize that we were talking about cooking food at #62.

Annmarie mentions cooking grains on the stove in the episode. Thinking back, I didn’t realize that we had transitioned into a high raw diet (not 100% raw) so early in the show.

By memory, I would have guessed around show 200-300 or so!

I want to know your thoughts: What do you put in your granola?

1. Nancy says:

Hey, Kevin!
    The video is great, but could you post the written recipe?
    Thanks!

2. Sue says:

I used to love eating granola, but have never had the raw kind. Maybe it’s time I tried making the raw version!

3. sharon says:

I make this granola too. But for the “stickiness” to hold the nuts and seeds and grouts together, I use a couple of apples and a couple dates processed (food processor) together and fold that into the dry ingredients. Also, after it’s dehydrated, I throw in some already dried fruit such as goji berries, raisins, or my dried persimmons. This is stored, and when I go to eat it, I combine it with fresh fruit. yummm,

4. LynnCS says:

Thanks for showing how to sprout different grains. I don’t have a dehydrator yes, so I need to be careful not to sprout too much at a time. I haven’t done much sprouting yet, because the first time I tried it, I did too much (salad sprouts) and they did turn moldy in the refrig. and I was overcome by the nastiness and smell. I have been turned off to sprouting, but have started soaking seeds and using them quickly. I did buy some sproutable grains and had no luck with the Quinoa. Now I think I didn’t do it right. I have sproutable buckwheat too, so might give that a try with your instructions. Can they be eaten right away when sprouted or does it have to be made into a recipe and dried? Thanks, Lynn

5. LynnCS says:

I have 2 sites I go to about sprouting along with Sprout Man

The Nourishing Gourmet

and

Sprout People

6. Kuru says:

Timely granola recipe, as I’ve just finished watching Cherie’s Chef’s Showcase and was about to make the granola shown there. But I have to say, after all your raves, that coconut oil has got to be the secret ingredient. I just got the groats and will make it tomorrow. Btw, I really enjoyed the showcase and would never have known about it except for you. Thanks for letting us know about these inspiring and enjoyable offerings.

7. Raw Antonia says:

I always tried to stay away from sprouting because i couldn never get it done properly. I either sprouted too much and counldn’t consume all the sprouts, and for some reason felt so sorry that i had to throw away spoiled or moldy sprouts. Plus, i always kind of use the same method for anything i sprout, and i inadvertently end up throwing some away. My favorite things to sprout are chickpeas, because i love their taste and i just eat them as they are. Bottom line, beans are just so much easier to sprout than seeds, it is kind of unfair, isn’t it? 🙂