Best Renegade Health Recipes: Raw Kale Chips

Thursday Sep 15 | BY |

Every time we speak at an event, it’s inevitable that someone will come up to Annmarie or I and tell us that they loved the kale chip video.

I don’t know why kale chips are so good, but they are.

Even people who aren’t really into health can appreciate them.

Here’s this recipe now…

Here are some thoughts almost 3 years after the fact…

1. Annmarie was so nervous.

It’s funny to watch Annmarie’s first solo try on the Renegade Health Show. I know she was very nervous, but she doesn’t show it at all.

It’s amazing how different what you think in your head can be from the reality of the situation.

2. Hint, hint.

“Adventure?”

Can you guess what that was?

I can’t believe that 3 years ago, our RV trip was just an idea. That went fast, huh?

3. Ingredient swap.

These days we’d do this recipe a little differently…

I’d choose cashew or macadamia nuts with blended red pepper and lemon juice in place of the tahini and tamari.

The reason why is because tamari or nama shoyu and tahini are somewhat irritating to us, personally.

If you don’t have a problem with these ingredients, feel free to use them. If you do, you can substitute these other flavors for chips just as good (maybe even better!)

4. The Global knife is still good.

We still have that Global knife and it’s still sharp. Great quality. I don’t think Annmarie would buy a knife of lower quality based on her experience with this one.

5. That trip in January was the last vacation we’ve taken.

When Annmarie mentioned that vacation, I had to track back and figure out which one it was. I realized it was a trip to Honduras for a yoga retreat. It was great. I actually couldn’t get online while we were there because my computer mysteriously stopped working when we got there. The minute we got home 8 days later in the San Diego airport it started working again. Very, very strange.

I want to know your thoughts: Do you like kale chips? Yes or no?

1. erp says:

I love kale chips. They never last more than a day or two @ my house. I always have to make extra because my non-raw coworkers love them as well.

2. Cindy says:

I love the cheesy kale chips. I crumble them up & sprinkle them over salads. It’s like having croutons, but so much better.

3. Leam says:

We grow loads of Swiss chard in the garden so this is the green used to make chips every once in a while. Love them – eat the whole tray in one sitting. I guess this is better than eating a bag of potato chips.

4. Dia says:

Love Kale chips, great video, she did really well. Nice look down memory lane.

5. Nadia Harper says:

Fun to look back in time…

Kale chips are a real favorite in our home too, the cheezy (raw, vegan) version is always liked the best.

Here is the recipe that we use in our home;

6. Abby says:

Recipie sounds real good. Is there a way to fix these in oven since I do not have a dehydrator?
    Also, pin your hair back. It keeps floppy in your face and you keep pushing it back. Very unsanitary for a video. (Did you wash your hands after each swipe back – didn’t seem so).
    Other than that, I liked your presentation. It went smoothly and was very informative.

7. Rose says:

Hi, I was wondering if you could please put the recipe for Annmarie’s kale chips here. It wasn’t on this just the video. Thank you. You guy’s are awesome.

8. Irene says:

Could you please list the ingredients of the kale chips sauce & the temperature & time to dehydrate it. Thanks.

9. Sue says:

I think I would like to make some kale chips. Most of my kale goes into smoothies, so now it is time to try something new!

10. LynnCS says:

I haven’t tried making them either. I have been collecting appliances, but no dehydrator yet. No oven either because I was in the process of “remodeling” my tiny kitchen when I started going raw. Now the stove and vent etc sits in the dining area and I could care less about getting them installed. Times a wasting though, and I should get it done. I first used nutritional yeast lately in a few dishes, so I will try this when I get a dehydrator. I can imagine them coming in handy when the munchies hit. I love AnnMaries video. You are an awsome teacher. You are relaxed and give good explanations of what you are doing. I never use recipes either, so I will change things up depending on what’s in the frige. But I get the gist of it all. Kevin Who? luv ya k, Really, Meanit!! Lynn

11. Jan Turner says:

Annmarie, you did great – go girl! You two are a great team (everyone loves Kevin, naturally!)

This looks like a wonderful treat – never done anything like this. Do wish the uingredients WERE listed below as you indicated they would be – they weren’t.

Ah well, I enjoyed it – thanx

12. mary says:

I thought that she did a great job, but would like to have the recipe/ amount.
    where do you get tamari and tahini? also nutritional?.

13. Jessica says:

Great job! Love kale chips and can’t wait to try your recipe! thank you

14. CherylH says:

I am drooling thinking about those kale chips. Where is the recipe so I can make some. I didn’t see it where you said it would be.

15. Lori says:

Yes, please post a written list of the kale chips recipe.

16. SUSANA says:

recipe????

17. roseline says:

Great! pls do post the recipe for the kale chips. thankss

18. Barb says:

Liked the video, but I have clicked on every link to “kale chip recipe” on your site and I still haven’t found the recipe. What shows up is the introduction, ending with Here’s the recipe… and then the rest of the page is blank. Anyway will likely google and find a recipe. Thanks

19. Natasha says:

Here’s another one really, really wanting the recipe in a written form…!! 🙂
    Thanks

20. Kenwyn says:

the kale chip recipe souns great .But could you pin your hair off your face insted of sweeping it off your face while you are prepareing the food .its unsanitary .I don’t know if kevin needs a vacation or not maybe it couldn’t heart. I love your show renegade health .have a good day peace onto you.

21. Tobey says:

Great Video! I was wondering if you can give us some info on a good food dehydrator to buy?

Thanks

22. Henriette m says:

Can you send mé your kaLe chip recipe?
    Thanks
    Henriette

23. Margaret Pruett says:

Can you please e-mail me a written recipe for your dehydrated kale chips.

Thank you so much!!

Maggie

24. Louise says:

I hate to belabor the issue, but a printed recipe, as promised(!) would be so helpful.

25. Tom says:

That is a lot of salt. Salt or sodium from rocks (i.e non organic) is not a healthy thing for the body, whether it’s sea salt or pink himalyan buddha angel ascended master salt or not, it is not healthy. The best or, least bad, way of getting saltiness into your food if you must have it is with liquid amino’s type condiments…

26. Sarah says:

Can you please e-mail me the recipe for you kale chips? Thank you! And, Annmarie, you did great on this video!