Raw Food Recipe for Carob Pudding Parfait : The Renegade Health Show Episode #896

Friday Aug 26 | BY |

You guys know that I’m not a huge fan of excessive or even moderate consumption of chocolate.

Every once in a while, you’ll be fine, but for the long term – excessive every day use – is not great for those who have adrenal issues or want great vibrant health.

Carob is a good alternative – and it definitely isn’t the same type of stimulant.

In this delicious recipe, Annmarie shows you how to make a carob pudding parfait with fruit that you’ll find as delicious as it would be if it were chocolate.

Check it out now…

Your question of the day: What was your favorite thing to lick off the beaters… (watch the video if you think this sounds strange!)

Here’s the raw food recipe:

Carob Pudding Parfait

– 2 avocados
– 1 cup dates
– 1/2 cup raw carob powder
– Water as required
– 3 tablespoons banana powder or flakes

Blend all ingredients in a blender, food processor or with a hand blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Adjust flavorings to taste.

This recipe is from Karen Knowler! You can find out more information about her here… http://www.therawfoodcoach.com

1. lisa says:

without a doubt, fresh whipped cream!

2. Yamina says:

I am right now going to get some banana sugar that I hope is available here in Paris to try this delicious recipe and then, surely, lick off the beaters ! Thks Ann cause at the moment I have an acute greed issue !

3. Satori says:

Whipped cream for sure:)

Kevin, do you guys still go to school? How is California College of Natural Medicine? My husband and I are finally going back to Los Angeles from Taiwan, and I’m thinking about attending the school. Any updates on your school and study? Did you find the clinical nutritionist course a good match for you?

4. Joel says:

My mother was a fantastic cook and her chocolate cake was to die for. So licking the beaters after she was done was heaven for us kids.

5. LynnCS says:

I don’t have the banana sugar and wondered what could be done by adding just some banana? It might be a bit watery. Maybe try a half banana first and wait on the water or just a little water till I see. Thinking out loud here. :~\
    Being seriously addicted to food from the time I was a little kid, I did a lot of cooking from the time I was 7 So I probably didn’t wait to the end, but loved the puddings, especially butterscotch. Choc never was my fave, but would eat anything. (plus it was harder to get away with it.)
    I am seriously thankful to find the raw food diet and am trying right now to stay with fruits and vegis and not do to many gourmet foods. Keeps it simple till I get thru some of my physical issues. That way I can tell what is going on. Kevin and Annmarie. You help so much in allowing for diversity. Thank you.

6. Dia says:

Chocolate chip cookie dough, frosting. We used to fight over the beaters as there were 4 of us.

7. Michelle says:

I loved to lick the beaters when my Mom or sis made chocolate cake!

8. I’m goin with fresh whipped cream too…

9. jackie says:

Chocolate chip cookie dough.

10. Velda says:

This recipe looks great. I am having a hard time finding carob powder. I’ll keep looking. Thanks for the recipe!!

11. Catherine says:

My favorite thing to lick off beaters was chocolate chip cookie dough.

And by the way, “parfait” is French for “perfect.”

12. Kuru says:

Merengue, chocolate frosting, pound cake batter, you name it. Mom was a baker using only the finest ingredients, always from scratch. Hard to conquer that one, but I did it.

Thanks for the reminder about carob, Annmarie. Looks great.

13. sharon Samtur says:

A cup of dates….lethal for hypoglycemics, too sweet for most people, hard on the pancreas. Remember being at Ecopolitan in Minneapolis and having a dessert that was not that sweet but had dates…could barely walk out of the restaurant after eating it. Wish the raw food community would keep the sweet tooth in balance.

14. Sundaram says:

Anything and everything sweet on the end of the beaters, whether it was chocolate or vanilla or whipped cream or cookie dough, etc…Laughed aloud at your definition of “parfait”! A pudding and fruit sandwich! Surely a sign of good health is your wonderful sense of humor and smiles together! That’s as great as the recipes!
    Love you both

15. Gosh this looks amazing!!!! Have to try it… I will just buy some banana-powder first.. : )

I LOVED to lick the beaters when we had done brownies…. mmm yummie yumm… and whipped cream as so many others hehe. : )
    Now I just lick the spatula when I’m making raw food desserts… yum that too 😀

16. LuAnn says:

I agree with Emma, fresh Brownie batter. mmmm…. I remember more was eaten before they went into the oven then came out of it. See, I was RAW before I knew what was good for me. Just Kidding…
    Second place was chocolate chip cookie dough.
    Thanks for the memories… 🙂
    I bet your viewers would enjoy a spoonful of Cashew Whipped Cream on top.
    I Googled raw recipe cashew cream:

NOMI’S CASHEW FLUFF
    1 cup of cashews, almonds or filberts soaked 10-12 hours, drained and rinsed.
    4-6 soft pitted dates soaked in 3/4 cup water 8-10 hours. Reserve soak water.
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional) or a vanilla bean
    Place nuts in blender. Grind, gradually adding date water until it is of ‘whipped cream’ consistency. Add dates one at a time. Blend until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate. Keeps well for up to a week. Yields 2 cups.
    Notes:
    Medjool dates are the best, but Khadrawi or Honey dates work well also.
    Adding vanilla to the fluff gives it even more of a ‘whipped cream’ flavor.
    If you are unable to soak the nuts and dates 8-12 hours, soak them for at least 4 hours to achieve best results.

THANK YOU NOMI SHANNON, ANN MARIE, KEVIN AND KAREN KNOWLER!!! You all make this lifestyle DO-ABLE. Bless You!

17. Simon says:

Butter Icing 🙂

18. Selene says:

Instead of “beaters,” I’ll substitute food processor blades. In that case, I’d say my favorite thing is pesto!! Yummmm. Self-restraint is necessary or else there isn’t enough to stuff into the mushroom caps before slipping them into the dehydrator for a few hour. Yummm, love that pesto that I scrape off the processor blades!