My Final Thoughts on Sugar and Why We Should Be Thinking Bigger : The Renegade Health Show Episode #891

Friday Aug 19 | BY |

This week in review video covers some thoughts about the back and forth about sugar on the blog the last few days…

I’m all for a little debate, but when you take a look at the bigger picture, it doesn’t really accomplish much. These days, we’re looking to make the biggest difference.

I this video, I explain what that looks like for us.

Your question of the day: Have you ever posted an angry blog post?

1. Niraja Golightly says:

In a word, no. I don’t think anything good can really result from an angry approach.

2. Geoffrey Campbell says:

Dear Kevin, I have a question about nutrition. I have found it helpful to freeze my surplus raw Kale and I have been using this in my smoothies for a long time, but worry that I may be losing substantial phytonutrients such as the sulforaphanes, glucosinolates & quercetin by freezing. I have never blanched as I have read that this does cause significant nutritient loss. Are my worries well founded?

3. Barbcam says:

Completely agree on the bigger picture approach, Kev. Saw an article in a magazine the other day saying that achieving good health should not be the end goal, but rather good health should support your ability to live a good life. We should view health as a resource, vs a destination. It’s more important to live the kind of fulfilled life you want to live, vs calculating what percent of raw foods you comsume.

4. Satori says:

No. Not even once. Hurting other people’s feeling is like damaging their mental health. As a proud health geek, I don’t want to do that. I want everyone to be happy and healthy:)

5. Lynn says:

No, I have never posted an angry blog. Anger is ‘catching’. It just escalates things & is never a tool of resolution.
    I do love deep discussion, friendly banter, a sharing of ideas, & best of all the opportunity to learn & grow.

I absolutely agree about ‘involvement’ & organized ‘community’ as a tool to protect our rights, our food, our health, our environment, & our world. In fact, I think it is only in banning together that we can gather the power to fight big corporation & big politics to save our resources from the effects of greed & ignorance.
    Getting involved in any way we can, such as simply signing petitions, spreading awareness, donating even small amounts & small activiities, will all be steps toward protecting our safety & well-being.
    Search the web for petitions, organizations & other means to get involved in ways that work for you.
    I think it will take ALL our voices & efforts to fight ‘big money’ from forcing their detrimental ways on all of us!
    Thank you for bringing it up.

6. JT says:

Don’t think angry posts accomplish much. I’ve noticed that the angry posts usually come from vegans who think that they are right and everyone else is wrong. It makes them sound arrogant and it doesn’t convert anyone to veganism. Sounds weird, but it makes me think we should not tell people whether we are vegans or not. Angry posts just turn people off, no matter what the issue is.

7. Dia says:

I so agree, I see this a lot. People who have all this energy and use it to tilt at windmils. They can’t let go and move on. I work for an attorney and we get these cases where one party won’t let go and they end up spending thousands in attorney fees for what was originally a small claim.

It always feels like they get caught up in a particular fight so they don’t have to deal with a more important issue in their life.

8. I’ve posted an angry post, but stayed on topic and didn’t call anyone names or anything. BUT I must say that all it did was incite others to get angry and fire back. Since then, I refrain – and mainly because it’s too easy to get sucked into the fray. Got to be careful there because it becomes a war of egos… and very quickly loses focus.

Thanks for the reminder, Kevin!

Lisa Marie