How Do You Know If Your Fast is Actually Cleansing Your Body? : The Renegade Health Show Episode #890

Thursday Aug 18 | BY |

I’ve been straying away from answering questions on the videos, because I know I can answer them more thoroughly in an article, but…

Today, I have two questions that I can handle pretty well without having to write anything out. First up, is this one… I would love to fast for all those days, but a day is all I can handle. Any suggestions? Second is, “It’s all very well doing a 3 day fast because you want to cleanse your body, but how will you know whether it is cleansed or not?”

Here are my answers now…

Your question of the day: Is there a place for fasting near you? What is the name of it?

1. JT says:

I think everyone should schedule some sort of fasting cleanse at least twice a year. I know some of my favorite health experts suggest fasting one day a week to give your body time to catch up with all the digesting. That is actually quite easy to do.

Hey Kev,

Is wheat germ good for you? Should this supplement be included in a nutritional plan?

2. Marc says:

I find that when I fast or when I try to go completely raw for more than a day or two I get ‘shaky’, perhaps a low blood sugar thing. Is that normal?

Also, is urine pH testing any good for determining if you are detoxing (or health in general for that matter)?

3. maca says:

Thanks for answering my question Kevin. I am currently getting regular blood tests, and the readings are improving over time, so I know I’m on the right track. I think the best thing I have ever learn from you is to get regular blood testing and not to just assume you are healthy. I have some issue (quite minor), but it’s good to be sorted them out. Without testing they might have gotten worse without me realising.

4. April says:

Hello Kevin, I dig the hair btw.
    Okay this ones easy, I live in Santa Rosa, CA…soooo the closest one is True North Health Center. I have my “fasting friday” cocktailed with an at home enema (sorry if that grosses anyone out, but I handle it!) Thx for posting this, fasting is usually hush–hush, I think we should talk about it more:)

5. chris says:

Fasting requires backbone, especially if you have any doubts about the efficacy of fasting. You know it’s working because you feels like hell for 3 days (poisons enter the bloodstream on their way out; I shouldn’t have to expound on why one might feel poorly after being poisoned, may it come from inside or out). After 3 days you continue to realize it’s working because the pain goes away and energy levels rise(statistically 1 in 40 people continue to experience stomach pain and weakness after 3 days). Disease symptoms revisit during a fast, so just expect discomfort. But lo and behold, you begin feeling as if you might be gaining control over your life, your spiritual connection becomes stronger, physical ease (painful joints, blood pressure problems, untold numbers of ‘disease symptoms’,just start fading away. Unfortunately most of us have accepted a system in which we are required to spin on the hamster wheel, where scarcity is considered normal and even necessary for ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’. Sick! So it becomes difficult to fast for a long enough period of time for the required good to take place,and become a compelling arguement against those who would profit from one’s distress.I’ve gained benefit from short fasts (1 to 3 days) but I don’t eat much, so it’s easy and immediatly effective for me. When one considers that food is fuel one might also consider how little animals in the wild eat, yet continue to demonstrate explosive on-demand energy, and procreate with little complication, and without diseased offspring. Proper fuel for your body type is an example of ages of dietetic perversion but we have to go with it for now. If you’re serious about pristine health I recommend you purchase used books that date back at least 50 years from the present that cover such subjects so you don’t become confused by the present day market which insists you purchase and consume more garbage under the guise that you need ‘this or that’ for your health and well being. It’s foreign for me to believe that the answers to ill health are a matter of confusion to anyone, but I witness such at every turn in the day-to-day.I assume I’ll receive no positive response to this ‘comment to comment’, except for maybe a couple english speaking non-US nationals that might somehow have latched on to High Raw via the http://www., that are interested in historical truths. Going to a fasting retreat is wonderful(though a crutch for the weak minded) yet better than nothing. Fasting is free, everything else is unaffordable. Hamster wheel. Begin to understand life from the perspective that nature wants it’s offspring to do well, and that given the abilities that the human has been endowed with, the highest potential that life has to offer(i.e. the inner feeling that murder isn’t really very complementary to our general stature in the scheme of things). Health is oviously much more than what we suck up, then eliminate out, although the most base human could do very well understanding simple timeless truths that nature has established, though he’ll never prosper in the long term. My last fast(water only) was of 2 week duration. Nature required that I expend the bounty of energy that I was filled with. Were I not a weakling I’d have gone without junk for longer. Turn off the TV and don’t purchase anything that promises to improve your health, just clean out and and start over again, and be humble in your newly acquired understanding of life.Chris 435-477-8768

6. Toffler says:

I’m a huge fan of fasting. I’ve done a number of fasts, both guided and by myself, both juice and water. I’ve never tested my blood/urine/hair but that sounds like a good idea. And people always ask me so what benefit did you get? What’s the point of fasting? For me it is hard to put into concrete terms–it’s just something I know I should do and I have the sense of something good happening. Next time, maybe blood testing will be the ‘proof’ I can offer to all the nay-sayers. What’s the best/most affordable way to get the testing?

I’d like to fast more regularly and often but after about a day my energy level and strength just totally die. For example from day ~2-7 of a 7-day fast, I’m really too tired to even do yoga and I get dizzy. I keep waiting for the boost in energy that is supposed to come around Day 3 but never happens. 🙁 It sounds like I’m the 1 in 40 that are still hungry & weak after 3days that Chris mentioned.

So my question: is it possible that some people are just not cut out for fasting? Or do I need to do it even more often to get my body accustomed to it and in a fasting-ready state? Or maybe my solution is, I shouldn’t do water fasts, only juice? Besides eating raw, are there other ways to ease into a fast? Any other suggestions?