Raw Food Recipe for Crepes! : The Renegade Health Show Episode #884

Wednesday Aug 10 | BY |

Mmmm…

Crepes used to be one of my favorite foods, but now I don’t eat them.

Annmarie talked to Chef Joni Sare recently and she found out there is a way you can make these delicious French specialties raw food style.

In this episode, Annmarie shows you how. In Part 2 (tomorrow), she’ll give you some options on what to put in them!

Your question of the day: What do you think we’ll put on these crepes?

For this entire recipe, please click here!

1. diana says:

New to raw food. Been watching your show the last few weeks. Great information in a fun format!! I think Ann Marie will stuff them with a raw rif on pekin duck… Maybe tamari or nayma shoyu marinated shitake mushrooms, mushrooms and green onion

2. Lana Martin says:

Plum Hoisin sauce is what Joni suggests, but I think Asparagus and mushrooms, for a classic Krrepp I am so going to make this now, thanks for the reminder:)))

3. Ingrid says:

Sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, and something creamy? That’s what I’d like to see in there at least!

4. Jasmine says:

Some kind of nut cheese and berry mixture like blintzes! oh, but you used scallions, so maybe something savory…

5. Satori says:

avocados!

one avocado costs about $3 in Taiwan! one thing I hate about Taiwan. I miss my home…California!

6. Cynthia says:

mmmm…. was just stopping by for the kale chip recipe and this caught my eye… I will try these tomorrow since I will need to buy some buko and squash (mine is just not quite ready, late season here on Vancouver Island). Before I forget (and this is not entirely related to your request), WHY is the purplish coconut meat/water “not good”… there seems to be some controversy. Is it because it ‘tastes off’ because we pay big bucks for our buko here in the Great White North (if they are even procurable) and if it is just an aesthetic thing, well, no biggy… but if it is because the coconut is rancid and cancer-causing, hmm… another story.
    Okay… I’m guessing you might use sundried tomatoes, zucchini, un petit green onion and a curry-flavored sauce.

7. Melissa says:

How about a tahini/lemon juice/tamari dressing over thinly sliced yellow squash and basil leaves? -all wrapped up in the crepe, of course. That is what I had for lunch today, except I wrapped it in untoasted nori. YUM

8. Nick says:

Apple and ciNnamon is what you would fill it with i would fill it with chocolate and bannana

9. Kath says:

Creamed spinach: Shredded spinach, mushrooms, spring onions and red peppers creamed with cashew sauce.

YUMMMMMMMMMMMM….. 😛

10. Velda says:

Those look really, really good!! I have no idea what you are going to fill it with, but you are creative and I’m sure it will be great. I have been trying to find an excaliber dehydrator. Can’t afford a new one, but when I find one that someone is selling, I’ll grab it up 🙂

11. Heather says:

These look great and I love that they use yellow squash which I always have too much of in the summer! I think you are going to fill it with a yummy broccoli and creamy sauce mixture…possibly with mushrooms…sounds delicious to me!

12. Tyra McMahon says:

can’t wait to try those. I bought some coconut wraps from Raw Food world that only consisted of coconut meat, coconut water, salt, curry powder. They are so yummy!

Lately I’ve heard so much controversy on the Thai young coconuts saying that the bleaching and chemicals they use on the white coconut get into the coconut water itself. I think you might of spoke on this before.

Yes Kevin I worry about too much estrogen so I don’t use flax. Plus I don’t like the taste of them.

Now what are you stuffing in those crepes! Tomatoe, avocado, lettuce, sprouts, carrot, cucumber, some kind of herb like basil or cilantro, drizzle of lime , onion, tiny sprinkle of salt.

Hmmm! sounds like what I had yesterday.

Great to see Anne Marie making a recipe again.

13. mary says:

I had a problem with the video. You didn’t mention all of the ingredients or amounts, and it stopped half the way through, and when I went our and back in it wouldn ‘t do anything.

14. dottiedaniels says:

Annamarie, I have been watching your shows for over 6months. tonight is the best ever of you, you are smiling more and more alive than ever, whatever you are doing differently keep it up.

15. Mary Harris says:

Hi Kevin and Anne Marie, They look delicioius!!!!!! I was thinking apples, cinnamon, and raisins.

Can’t wait to try this- I want to try it with fermented coconut milk kefir instead though.

Take care, Mary Harris

16. Steve Price says:

These look so good. I’m thinking some avocado, sprouts, peppers, lettuce, and scallions. Yum
    Thanks for the great show.

17. jackie says:

They look great, but I wish you had posted the recipe since I’m not sure of the amounts. Hmmm. I would think you might fill the crepes with asparagus, avocado, a little mango and some sprouts or shredded lettuce.

18. How about avocado with tomato, mushrooms and onion. I have been going crazy over avocado lately!

19. marlene says:

I think Anne Marie will put slices of mangoes, blueberries, and little cream or custard. I can’t wait to try your recipe. Thanks!

20. CJ says:

hi there looks great!! one problem i live in a place where i cant get thai coconuts do u have any ideas as to what i can use for a substitiute for the coconut meat?

21. geoffrey2300 says:

mmm may sprouts, baby spinach and avocado, with a hint of thinly sliced garlic and a dash of freshly squeezed lemon or lime.

22. Kuru says:

I’ve made a similar recipe called spicy pancakes that suggests sunflower seeds (soaked) if you don’t have coconuts.

I guess zucchini, tomato and some kind of seed or nut sauce. Yum.

23. Donna says:

@Velda #10 They sell refurbished excalibur dehydrators on the website. http://www.drying123.com just enter the word “refurbished” in the search box.

24. Joel says:

U was thinking of a dessert crepe, like with fresh berries, but then someone earlier reminded me in their post that you mixed in scallions which rules that out. I don’t know what you’re going to do but if it was me, I’d probably go with something Mediterranean like maybe a spicy eggplant filling.

25. zyxomma says:

There’s nothing at all wrong with the violet-tinged young coconuts. They’re just too young to use in a recipe like this. When they’re that young, we call them jelly coconuts, because the meat has a gelatin-like consistency. They’re great in soups and smoothies. You made it sound like they’re garbage, spoiled, etc. They’re just younger than what you’re used to, and wrong for recipes where the coconut meat needs more body.

Health and peace.

p.s. I don’t really care what you’re going to fill them with. I’d make live creamed spinach and marinated mushrooms, and fill them thus!

26. mary says:

I don’t get all of your shows for some reason.

27. CarolG says:

Just got a great idea. Conference at hotel for a few days. Why not pack crepe shells and then fill as desired at hotel. Can even be with salad. Many attending won’t have a dehydrator but most likely a “living” oven (mine died over year back so not plans to fix) so they can make this up and fill as they wish. Maybe a crepe party? Love the idea. Okay to share?

28. Enid Staggard says:

Grated vegies & salad & oil dressing

29. Jia says:

Hi … this looks like an amazing recipe. I can’t wait to try it.

My suggestion … use natural kitchen parchment instead of the wax paper. It works great! and your marker would take on the parchment.

Can’t wait to hear what the filling will be.

Blessings …

30. Bea says:

Hi, everything from you was perfect.
    Can’t wait for more.
    Thanks.

31. Linda-Marie says:

Looking forward to part two 🙂

I’m guessing you will fill them with a mixture of avo, nutritional yeast, tamari, scallions, mushrooms and tomatoes. Spiced up ofc so that the mango chutney will go perfectly with it 🙂

32. eve says:

Crepes will be stuffed with:
    Strawberry sauce

33. Laura says:

Marinated mushrooms maybe? and some nut cheese? Yum!

34. sheri says:

Yum…I think a nut cheeze with herbs like basil.. and sun dried tomatoes, with veggies like avocado, zucchini, sprouts, greens, aslash of lemon, and salt.

35. Devi says:

I am guessing you might fill them with mushrooms and spinach or bananas with walnuts.

36. Tammy says:

Please give us the written recipe for both the crepes and the mango salsa. Merci.

37. roni says:

mmm, kale or spinach chopped up with some lemon tahini miso sauce? maybe with some mushrooms and / or tomatos?

38. Robin says:

I made these crepes today with no success 🙁 While dehydrating the batter separated as it dried, and I got a bunch of little crackers instead of a crepe. So I’m just going with it and going to dehydrate them more to make them a little crunchy instead of pliable since I won’t be able to fill them anyway. And they are tasty, just not what I was hoping for. What do you think happened? Maybe My flax wasn’t ground enough? Or too much?