How Much Alkaline Food Should You Eat and What to Eat After a Workout : The Renegade Health Show Episode #878

Tuesday Aug 2 | BY |

In Part 2 of my interview with health and fitness expert Yuri Elkaim, we talk about alkaline foods, how much to eat and what to eat after a workout.

Here’s where to check this out now…

Your question of the day: What do you eat after a workout?

To check out Yuri’s programs be sure to click here: Eating for Energy or Fitter U.

1. Thomas says:

This guy needs to take a class in physiology. Talk about spreading myths just to sell a book . . .

What is the normal pH of blood, urine, and saliva?

“The measure of acidity of a substance is known as pH. Pure water, which has pH of 7, is neutral. Substances with a pH less than 7 are considered acidic and substances with a pH of greater than 7 are considered basic.

The normal pH of blood running through arteries (large elastic-walled blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the body) is 7.4; the pH of blood in the veins (vessels that transports blood to the heart) is about 7.35. Normal urine pH averages about 6.0. Saliva has a pH between 6.0 and 7.4.”

Source: Guyton, Arthur C. Textbook of Medical Physiology, 8th ed., pp. 331, 340, 711.

2. Rajkapoor Sirju says:

After my workout I used amino acids, and after I make a cocktail with (1)4 egg whites (2)1 young coconut water (3)Ground flax seeds(4)Ground pumpkin and sun flower seeds (5) cinnemon they are blended together.

Please tell me what is my fault.

3. gruz says:

very funny i am on Yuri Elkaim newsletter since weeks.i alsways a bit cautious cause he has no hair.. im sure he is right in a lot things. not maybe in all. and i dont like the way he spam a lot information out. in his newsletter he uses RE: to make people thinking its personal answer. he not that nice al the line and im thinking how sustainable is his health conclusions.

Yeah he is used in profesional footbal. what does say on sustainable health. footbal players are know for having lot of injuries and surgereys at leat in germany. what is sutainable excercise. sorry for spelling. yuri has interesting and wise advice. beside this. his major hail loos and his attitude and his way of marketing is absolute not friendly . and that he hasnt got the braveness to show hair. this is a sign that he cant really feel who he is. he wish to be something what he isnt. im sure this guy will be different when becoming old.

4. maca says:

$47 for a raw food book? Is this a joke? Come on Kevin, stop promoting this overpriced stuff.

5. Antonio says:

The best point Juri made was about sustained healthy eating that will automatically help you recover from workouts. Start with the foundation … always.

6. rosemary says:

Kev,

What’s your opinion on fruit/Fructose. Gabriel, Avocado, Mercola all still say low fruit is better. Curious what you think. Thanks!

7. QC says:

Tons of fruits and vegetables!!!

8. ryan says:

what’s up with the first comment? i just watched the video and don’t recall him saying anything about blood ph that contradicts the basic info on ph that the commenter pasted from wikipedia.

and for the commenter who is a little skeptical of yuri because of his hair loss: correct me if i’m wrong, but i have never seen any claims about male pattern balding being caused by nutrition, or lack thereof. isn’t a hereditary issue?

i don’t have connection to yuri by the way; never heard of him until now.

9. Josephine says:

I know I feel better when I eat more alkaline-forming than acid-forming foods. And high-raw helps a lot.
    More and more often, I am eating some protein and veggies before my workout–about 1/2 hour before.
    The exercise gets my metabolism up so I use the carbs as I digest them, the proteins are available within an hour or two or three, for recovery; and I am learning to not over-eat by considering what activities I am going to be doing for the next hour or so.
    The book THE 4 HOUR BODY by Timothy Ferriss, talks about this technique.