Why Athletes are Acidic and How They Can Stay Alkaline : The Renegade Health Show Episode #877

Monday Aug 1 | BY |

This week, I want to start with Part 1 of my interview with health and fitness coach Yuri Elkaim (El-came)…

He’s worked with professional and collegiate athletes over the years and has learned some pretty interesting things about why they don’t perform as well as they could.

In this episode, he shares why athletes tend to be acidic and what you can do to stay alkaline (healthy!)

Your question of the day: Have you ever felt acidic after working out?

To check out Yuri’s programs be sure to click here: Eating for Energy or Fitter U.

1. maca says:

In the past I used to feel really awful after a hard workout. I know don’t push myself so hard and also make sure I eat better so that I recover more quickly.

2. Sarah says:

You are looking so much healthier these days! Please do a show with you and Annmarie explaining what you all typically eat on a day to day basis including what superfoods/supplements you take. We need some insight!

3. Nicola says:

Dr. Robert O. Young – thoughts???

People are obsessed with food because they are starving for electrical potential which gives the body energy to run. The body runs on converted photons to electrons, not food, but people do not understand this. They think that they need more calories or that their body runs on sugar. Or they think that the brain runs ons sugar. This is far from the truth. The brain runs on light and energy and the light is called photon energy that is converted into electrons or electricity. The electrical energy transformed from photons comes from green foods and green drinks. Yes, it can also come from the sun as well. But, the plants absorb and the absorb photons into the plant cells called chlorophyll where these photons are held by their center atom, magnesium, until they are released into the body through mastication. Bottom line? The body runs on light that is converted to electrons that is carried through our body fluids on a matrix of sodium or salt ions to power every anatomical element that makes up every living cell, even the genetic matter is powered with light or photo/electrons.

4. Satori says:

“you could be fit, but not necessarily healthy” sounds fancy to me…. I go work out now…!

5. Dee says:

I don’t consider myself an athlete at all. However, I have had periods of struggling with an acid condition. Edgar Cayce talked about the acid/akaline inbalance in his readings. That’s where I first heard about it.

6. alex squirl says:

to Nicola- sounds plausible.

I am an athlete and feel acidic or alkaline from day to day. I read a good article that eating spinach decreases muscle tissues need for oxygen and honestly when i eat greens (everyday i graze on a tub of greens) i feel like a freight train!

7. LT says:

Great videos. I saw today both of them.
    They came at the perfect time, I was working out today and I felt acidic and I was wondering why, because I only had raw veggie salad and some fruit today…now I know it was from the workout 🙂
    Keep up the great work you are doing here!

8. Teemu says:

Great video and good information. Thanks for this.

I don’t consider myself an athlete anymore, but back in the days i felt terrible after workout. (i was eating “not the best food ever”..) I always thought it was normal to feel that. Now i eat much better, don’t excercise so much and most of all don’t stress anymore. Funny thing, i feel great, don’t get sick so often and i’m in better shape then ever. We are what we eat, drink and think.

Thank you for a great website, keep up the good work.

ps. greetings from Finland, it is wild blueberry (and other berries as well) season at it’s best! 😉

9. Candice says:

I workout daily, but I’m only an athlete under Yuri’s very generous definition. I’m sure that in the days I worked with a personal trainer (many years ago) I was constantly acidic. Her recommendation was the typical–oatmeal, eggs, white meat, repeat.

I was first introduced to the concept of acidity in the athlete’s body by ultra-marathoner Stu Mittleman’s book, “Slow Burn.” It was one of the books that started me on my path to raw food. Bravo, Mr. Mittleman for that.

Thanks for sharing Yuri’s resources.

10. Jean says:

Even though I’m not an athlete, I follow my pH very closely with pH strips. Being slightly acid during the day (burn-off, tear-down cycle) and slightly alkaline at night (build-up, repair cycle). This is the natural rhythm of the body. Indeed, cancer feeds off acid when it consistently is dominating. Dr. Young’s book – “The pH Miracle” is good – maybe just a bit rigid, which I determined during Kevin’s Great Health Debate in Feb. when Dr. Young presented his side, but if one has cancer, maybe not!
    The body’s correct pH is so important for great health!

11. Annie says:

Cancer can not live in an alkaline body

12. Velda says:

I am not an athlete – I have been acidic. Don’t believe I am now (although I have not done the acid test) because of the way I eat. Besides, I just finished the 7 Day Raw Food Challenge 🙂