Why Do You Sell Nuts When You Said They Weren’t Healthy? : The Renegade Health Show Episode #865

Thursday Jul 14 | BY |

Alright!

A few questions today, but the main one addresses why we sell almonds when we mentioned that we didn’t eat nut pates so much anymore in a post last week.

It’s a good question and I have – I think – an equally good answer. I also answer questions about eating beans and legumes as well as if you can eat horsetail in your smoothies.

Your question of the day: Do you eat beans and legumes?

1. Ry says:

some people have trouble digesting nuts and they are also high in fat & good fat but they should be consumed in moderation…they are bases of many raw food recipes which I dont care for do to that fact of high fat and sugar…

Jameth Sheridan also talks about beans and legumes…I love black beans & also roasted black sesame seeds for the fact they are tasty and are also Jing foods in Chinese Medicine which I enjoy…

2. Yamina says:

Never. I feel stressed after having eaten them. One day, I ate lentils, and had nightmares and slept really bad, overtensed all night long.

3. maca says:

Yes, I eat beans and legumes in moderation. I also eat nuts in moderation, as I find them to be very difficult to digest. I used to scoff a whole packet at a time and feel really sick, but now I just eat a few at a time. Like you, I learnt the hard way. LOL.

4. Cindy says:

I love beans, especially pinto beans. I like to make a big pot of them & eat them several days in a row, or put them in a soup.

5. Janet Kent says:

I make almong milk every day for use as a drink and as a base for my smoothies. I live in Scotland UK where many good greens are not available so have to use what I can find. What is your opinion on almond milk as an alternative to cows milk ?

6. Robin Janis says:

Got it Kev, thanks! Never thought it was black and white- this is not a black and white issue. Just curious. I agree COMPLETELY with you answer. I am always gently shifting my diet.

7. mindy says:

I apologize if i missed your answer to this question, but what is it about kidney beans that is toxic? are black beans okay (if eating some cooked food) Which beans are ok to sprout? I love sprouted lentils.

Thanks for all you do!

8. Dr. D. says:

Great video. I appreciate your honesty in sharing your experiences and understanding that moderation is key no matter what you consume. Thanks for sharing

9. Dr. Casey says:

I don’t buy them.but occasionally will have them if I am eating out. They are hard to digest, don’t think they are very good for you.

10. sue says:

I like to include beans and legumes. As my diet evolves, I believe in trying a variety of foods!

11. Dee says:

I am not a big bean or legume eater for the usual reasons. I do cycle in and out of hummus phases. I liked your answer, you are not our expert, we have to find what works for us.

12. Robina says:

As you know, we’ve been about 85 to 100% raw since the 80s. We do eat beans. They are not raw. I sprout them and then cook them in a special clay crock pot at about 150 degrees until they are very soft. The beans we like best include adzuki (a hangover from macrobiotic days)and lentils. We eat about a half to three-quarters cup a couple times a week. We found them to be very strengthening and sustaining. They are great with salads. We have had no digestive issues with them.

13. Kym says:

I enjoy Indian style curries, Middle Eastern food, etc. so I eat beans and legumes fairly regularly. Results vary but generally no problems. I’d also like to ask about the toxicity of kidney beans. Presoaking does not sufficiently address this? Black beans don’t have the same problem?

It’s a good point about lists. People are usually looking for “answers” so putting words like guidelines or suggestions in the title might help. It may even be useful to express the lists as questions: How do you feel when you combine foods x and y? Do you experience symptom z? Hth

14. Laura says:

Yes. I eat beans and legumes.
    I have a question though.
    I have had a herniated disc and some degeneration. So I’m wondering if you’d happen to know of foods and supplements that would help to regenerate the discs?

Thanks.