Home from Peru Update and What’s in Store for the Next 2 Weeks : The Renegade Health Show Episode #846

Friday Jun 17 | BY |

Just wanted to give you a quick update on where we are and what we have in store for you over the next 10 episodes or so…

Curious?

Check this out…

Your question of the day: What have you been up to? Let me know…

1. Pam says:

Can’t wait to see videos of Peru! I am a Renegade Health Show infant. Just found you on June 16th, and was instantly hooked. I have so much to learn and you two make it so fun. Wanting to begin fermenting foods. Thanks for it all. Be well. Pam

2. Pam says:

Can’t wait for the Peru videos, and fermented foods. Thanks for it all, Pam

3. Wendy says:

Drinking green smoothies.

4. oreganol says:

Just chilling in the sun.

5. Tara Burner says:

kickin back in the heat & sun here in FL, trying to sell a biz of mine and just whatever…

6. Em says:

Hey 🙂 What does your cat eat? Hope you guys had a great & RELAXING trip!!! peace & love

7. Cherie says:

Looking forward to the fermenting food information. We are planting tomatoes.

8. Sue J Thomas says:

Safe home! Chica Morada?? Got my purple corn handy. Beautiful wall hanging–good enough to eat!
    Been wrapping up lots of odds and ands so I can watch the tennis.

9. PE says:

welcome back, AnnMarie and Kevin. I’ve been to Missoula MT where I tried to terrorize some food scholars, without success so far, about the realities of extreme weather a-comin’, aka global warming. No, children, it is not a myth.
    And you are doing it. And it’s getting faster. And animals are dying faster than they did, yes with all the people helping to save the threatened and endangered. And cloud cover not only doesn’t cut the warming, it makes it worse. And corals are dying. And San Francisco is spending money to make dikes against the ocean. And Chicago is getting ready for more flooding. And food shortages are coming, short and long term. And there’s a Mad Tea Party where it’s always 4pm, tea time, and What Me Worry? And the wars (is it 6 for the US now?) escalate slowly. And…
    And without a great, positive, Shock to the species, doom is a mild word. And the great human vice is…distraction.
    Here’s a planet. Tend it. No, you can’t have another till you tend it. No, dessert AFTER you tend the planet. Tantrums won’t change my mind…

10. Parsley says:

I’m wondering what kind of raw food jhonny5 eats, and how do you prepare it?
    I’ve been looking into all kinds of foods to give my cat: vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, organic dry, you name it, but it’s hard to make a decision. There’s not much information out there about alternative ways too feed your cat, or at least I haven’t found it. Could you maybe do a special on this topic?

Oh, and looking forward to see what’s coming up the next two weeks! 🙂

11. Tammie says:

Tending the garden, bought a composter (YEAH!!), stripping wall paper, reading, exercising and TRYING to be more mindful of the food I eat….cutting sugar, enjoying the season!

12. Lyn says:

Driving me nuts to find a gluten free, wheatfree bagel. !!!!!!! help!..
    also..have tried recipes for healthy natural dog bones. My kitchen is a mess and I am the one who eats the dog bones..sigh..anyone??

13. Patti says:

I have been running teenagers around…it’s a full time job, you know. I live in the Mid West, and there aren’t a lot of health nuts out here, so I’m a bit of a novelty. However, I do have some fabulous organic farmers that I know well and get lots of great produce and eggs from.

14. Karen Beattie says:

OUT OF WORK FOR THE SCHOOL TILL THE END OF AUGUST, GROWING SUNFLOWER GREENS, CHILES, CROOKNECK SQUASH, TOMATOES, WATERMELLON AND MANGO SEEDS TRYING TO SHOW SOME LIFE! PERU HAS TO BE ONE GREAT ADVENTURE!

15. Karen says:

I was just reading in the newspaper today about irradiating our food. “They” want us to just fall in line and believe that irradiation is a good thing. We all need to band together to stop this killing of our food. Glad you guys are home safe.

16. Lorien says:

on the food for the cats issue, cats are not people, they are carnivors period. The best book I’ve found for feeding a species appropriate diet for dogs and cats is Real Food for Healthy Dogs & Cats by Dr. Karen Becker & Beth Taylor. Dr. Becker is a holistic vet and can be found on Dr. Mercola’s site. Or you can go to mercolahealthypets.com. Years ago I fed my dogs a raw meat based diet but could not find a copy of the book I’d read back then (38 years ago). I was very happy to discover this book.

17. Velda says:

Welcome back Kevin and Annmarie!! You looked a little tired – understandably so. I’ve been working and tending to my huge, huge, community garden I started in my back yard. It is more like a mini farm … so we named it “Good Neighbor Farm” 🙂 Love looking out my window and seeing all the produce out there. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store over the next couple of weeks.

18. Veronica says:

Welcome back!

I just completed a 32 day juice fast…never felt better. And am slowly coming off the fast – have kept the weight I lost off so far (lost 14 pounds). I started coming off the fast by eating nothing but fruit and veg. juice for 8 days…added salads and nut milk (8 days), and now am adding all types of raw vegetables, a few seeds, some nuts, a little oil. Still feel great! and I am exercising every day!

Question: Does anyone know how to sprout sunflower seeds? Mine rot too quickly. I have tried just rinsing as well as put on top of soil and covering, like wheat sprouts.

Veronica W.

19. Cita says:

Check WHAT out??

20. Dee says:

I went to Seattle for a long weekend. The tapestry hanging behind you is gorgeous. Did you get it in Peru?