So Where’s the Proof That Toxins Can Be Removed From the Body? : The Renegade Health Show Episode #844

Wednesday Jun 15 | BY |

Today, I have a list of three questions from Paul…

I can tell he’s an analytical thinker and that’s a good thing.

The questions he asks are these:

1. Has your organization–or any other–ever identified and measured in human bodies at least some of the harmful substances generally addressed by detox treatments (e.g., toxins, heavy metals, etc.)?

2. Assuming the above has been done, were measurements then made upon completion of the treatment which showed elimination or at least a significant reduction of the undesirable substances?

3. Are there reliable, randomized, and blinded studies which show objective and significant improvements in health as a result of detoxification treatments?

I answer these questions as well as a question on infrared heating pads.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: Do you want to wait for scientific studies to determine what types of treatment you use for your health?

1. Cindy says:

This question is great. A year ago, my daughter warned her ex about letting their daughter (who was only 4 at the time) use a cell phone. He thought my daughter was crazy & didn’t see anything wrong with it. Now just recently, he said he read some research on the bad effects of a cell phone, especially for children, & has decided that now he won’t let his daughter use one. Who knows what damage it would have caused my granddaughter in the future if she had been allowed to use the cell phone without any caution. My motto is that I would rather be safe than sorry. And who in their right mind would let a 4 year old have a cell phone anyway.

2. Jenna says:

Loved the Q&A today… I feel the same way — it just makes sense. It makes sense that a combination or synergy of things can help heal the body — not just one isolated thing or regimen. We are all so unique and it makes sense that some people just experiment with their body while others are more cautious (and want to wait for science to prove things). I try to use my senses, including my hunger pangs, to determine whether or not my body is hungry and/or what it needs for fuel.

Jenna

3. Mike Snyder says:

I am a big fan of cleansing and detoxification, especially through juice fasting, fresh green vegetable juices, and wheatgrass juice. I use Dr. Gabriel Cousens’ zeolite supplement to assist in chelation and removing heavy metals & toxins: http://site.therawdiet.com/liquidzeolite.html

4. Kevin,

Today’s show reminds me of my own experiencing with detoxing. My hubby learned last year that he had prostate cancer, which drastically changed both of our lives. After doing much research, we decided to go with alternative healing instead of standard treatments. One thing we both did back in Nov/Dec of last year was go on the Breuss Cancer Detox for 42 days. It was rough, but guess what? It worked! No science. The specialists are amazed and of course, we have continued with a healthy lifestyle.

There’s no science for many alternative treatements, yet there’s plenty of evidence that our bodies can heal themselves, in many cases. We probably never would have gone on this detox had we not know our friend who did this protocol. He was sent home to die with liver cancer. That was 30 years ago.

So…what if he would have waited for scientific proof? What if my hubby would have waited?

I realize every person has to make their own decisions about their health, based on what they feel comfortable with, so my point is NOT to say that detoxification alone works for every case. All I’m trying to say in my broken way is that alternative treatments/detoxification/lifestyle changes do work, in MANY cases, even though there is no scientific proof. 🙂

Kevin and AnnMarie, we love your show. Keep up the good work!

5. Art Martin says:

Health is an extremely personal subject. The healing process starts in the mind. After a person studies out all the information available, he/she makes a decision as to what will work. If a person needs facts and numbers, that person probably has the mentality to accept the negativity of the American Medical Industry over decades, and in some cases thousands of years of positive results of natural “remedies.” That person will probably never attain “optimal health.”
    It’s called the “Dumbing Down of America” and is identifiable with the masses of Americans that no longer are able to think, reason, and discern the truth for themselves.
    They’re the reason our healthcare costs taxpayers over $3 BILLION a year.
    They’re the reason over 5,000 Americans die
    every DAY from cureable diseases.
    They’re the reason over 130 MILLION Americans have died since 1940 from cureable diseases. “The Worst Hollocaust Ever.”
    “When the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again.”
    Does Edith Hamiltons quote sound like it’s also a reference to America? No answer needed.

6. Joel says:

I’ve really enjoyed your videos lately Kevin, thanks! I’ve detoxified myself from candida yeast (changed my life!), parasites (most people have them!), mercury (I had all my amalgam fillings removed first), and other heavy metals. I’ve cleaned out my colon, my liver, my kidneys and decalcified my intestines and pineal gland (with EDTA). I always feel better after a detox and I would recommend that everyone at LEAST detox their colon every year.

Joel@brightlightsite.com

7. france amala says:

beloved
    you speak very fast when you read the question
    it is difficult to catch up
    thanks anyway

8. Trish says:

To answer the question- no I usually do not wait for a scientific study. However, there are some things I would not go out and buy until I had come to understand how and why it would benefit my personal health (whether or not it was a scientific study that said so). Typically, when I am making a decision about purchasing something for my general health and wellbeing, I make the decision based on how I feel about the person selling it. If my overall impression is that they are someone who I’d like to emulate, that they are being honest, and that what they are saying makes sense…then I’m likely to take action. If scientific research backs it up, great! I believe that we all have different spiritual gifts, and different ways of knowing what is true/will benefit us. So that is my process and I recognize that other people have their own process too.

9. I lowered my mercury levels with detox.

I had tests that showed my viral load had reduced too.

Detox works.

10. Velda says:

Great question, Kevin. The thing is, we can’t go around supposing that something is harmful just because we think it is. We become radical and paranoid. However, there are also things that we need to think about and use some sense about it and use with caution. No one had any idea that electro magnetic fields and cell phones and watching TV and sitting in front of your computer could have physical consequences. How could we know? When people start talking about it, then I think we owe it to ourselves to look into it, and certainly protect our children from it until we know all the facts, and take reasonable precautions with ourselves until we know the facts.

When it comes to whether or not we need to have all the “scientific” evidence to treat ourselves with dietary supplements and super foods, (such as cleansing) then we don’t need to wait for that. We can tell how our body responds and how we feel. Why is it that when it comes to taking prescription drugs or OTC drugs, that everyone says that it works. But when we take an herb or natural supplement, or even improve our diet, and get better, people are willing to say that it could be “mind over matter”, or the “power of suggestion”? Really? Herbs are just as powerful in treating aligments of the body as drugs, but they don’t have the side affects, and most that we get in this country are not hazardous to our health. I’ve always found that puzzling.

Anyway, good information, as usual, Kevin. Thank you!!

11. Velda says:

Christian Dodson …. what a great story. Congratulations on making such a good choice. The funny thing is that there is plenty of science to show alternative therapies work better than traditional therapies. The problem is they it is not as readily accessible. The FDA does not want you to know about it and the big pharmaceuticals do not want you to know about it, so it becomes difficult to obtain the information. Kudos to you and your husband for choosing the non-toxic way.

12. tim says:

detoxing is great i,m a believer …three years ago i had a mental illness i was on five meds taken multiple times a day… i could not take it.. so i stepped down slow got off meds at the same time i was doing rounds of detoxing … in three months or so i was really feeling it and no meds … DETOX RULES. OH YA the stuff i learned hear from renegade and this community has been a cornerstone in building my health back with a clear view …big pharma SUCKS …they had me right were they wanted me .. one script. cost 900. others 560. 10. 10. 10. a month.. no more . the Excalibur comes next week…and the mangoes are getting ripe . and its my tree .. soooo . THANKS A LOT .

13. Axel says:

Has anyone read the book “A Cancer Therapy: Results of 50 Cases” by Dr. Max Gerson? In 1958, Dr. Gerson published a book in which he claimed to have cured 50 terminal cancer patients. I believe scientific evidence already exists. This book is evidence. The problem is getting the medical community to accept it as evidence. And when it does become factual, some doctors may fear to lose money. In my opinion, combining traditional medical methods with diet therapies like Dr. Max Gerson’s treatment will be the future for most medical treatments.

14. Brenda says:

I’m not waiting, nope. On with the health!
    😀

15. Rebecca Cody says:

When it comes to scientific proof, I have NO faith in most of it any more. There is a lot of evidence that Big Pharma manipulates drug trials to show what they want to show. A year or so ago an article came out in the Wall Street Journal about a doctor who had been paid over $500,000 by a drug company for doing drug trials and all he had done was make up fictional patients and results! And that is just the ugly tip of the giant iceberg of “science” in today’s world.

And we’ve all heard horror stories about how the FDA squelches natural cures for anything and everything.

Not only that, we have all read diametrically opposing views about pretty much all aspects of nutrition, and all sides claim science is on their side. One example is Weston Price, who studied groups of totally healthy people all over the world, people who had not begun eating processed foods, and only their traditional diets. ALL of them ate animal foods, all of them prized the fatty parts of meats, especially organ meats, all of them, no matter where on this planet they lived, had these and about 20 other things they did in common.

Next comes the China Study, teaching that those who ate no more than one ounce of animal protein daily had less heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc.

So there is your science! Are you as confused as I am? And I’ve been studying nutrition for over 40 years! Sometimes I wonder why I keep trying to find answers!

16. Dejana says:

Paul, who do you think is going to do a scientific study and question the dental industry that is still heavily using mercury and the government that stands behind it.
    I had 8 big amalgam fillings since I was 10y old, I am 39 now. What I’ve learned about the mercury is that the amount you have in your body IS important; and second our body/liver is continuously clearing it out until you have a major stress. Then the body can’t handle it anymore and people start to get seriously sick. I spent tens of thousands of dollars and was incapable to work for more than 5 years. Before I finally figured it’s amalgam and decided to take it out, I could barely walk. I went to a specialist dentist who gave me natural remedies for mercury and other heavy metal chelation. The speed of my recovery was remarkable. I started loosing symptoms I had all my life that I didn’t even know were not normal. One year later I am full of energy, and the best of all I have my mind and my memory back.
    You want to wait for the scientific study. Be my guest. I’ll live my life in the meantime and try to catch up on all those lost years when my life was in the gutter….

17. Catherine says:

I don’t care about studies. I am going to do what works. Drugs only suppress symptoms and add new health issues (side effects). They do not remove the cause of chronic disease. But diet and lifestyle changes have made a huge impact on my health, all for the better.

18. gfxcasa says:

you speak very fast when you read the question
    it is difficult to catch up
    thanks anyway

19. josephine says:

If an idea is basically healthy and has been used by others for decades or centuries, I don’t wait for “our” people to get around to noticing that they don’t yet know everything.

20. People in many cultures have been cleansing for thousands of years. Gee, I wonder why….doh.

21. william d. morgan says:

From us to “the man”, we have one thing to say to you…WINNING!