The Best Bodyweight Exercises for Toning Your Legs (Fitness Week!) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #833

Tuesday May 31 | BY |

Yesterday, we tackled arm exercises…

Today, I’m on to showing you some of the best bodyweight exercises that you can do for your legs to tone, tighten and strengthen.

Check ’em out…

Your question of the day: What is your favorite leg exercise?

If you want over 100 more exercises just like these, be sure to check out our “Bodyweight Fundamentals” Exercise Book here: http://www.renegadehealth.com/bodyweight

1. My favs are walking, squats, deadlifts, & lunges.

2. Tara Burner says:

I LOVE squats and lunges
    like to run too

3. Judy Furie says:

I love all the kettlebell and clubbell exercises, and many of the yoga exercises are also good for legs. My favorites are the KB/CB swings, the one-legged deadlift, Russian curtsies, and the exercise where you sit/squat in a chair position with your back against a wall or pillar, and hold that position for 30 seconds or longer (usually I do it holding a KB). Running backwards uphill slowly is a good way to work the hamstrings and bring them more into balance with your quads (it’s also a good way to get a lot of unsolicited comments from passers-by!).

4. Annie says:

Biking is my favorite leg exercise and also chair pose and goddess pose.

5. Matthew Pollard says:

One legged squats are my favorite.. and rebounding..

6. Frank says:

Squat to Press with dumbbells! The dumbbells provide a good counter-balance so I can go down lower.

Thanks for showing bodyweight exercises, nice for travel!

7. Barb says:

Zumba – it has some pretty nifty leg workouts. I am going to give yours a try too. As we age, our legs can’t be too strong.

8. judy says:

your exercises are GREAT! Thank you! Fabulous.

It would be even better if on the last one the cameraperson actually aimed the camera at your feet and exactly where Ann was putting her hands/weight…… that was completely left out as the camera aimed at your lovely smiling faces (only).

thanks!

9. Angi says:

My favorite is kicks and jumpkicks from kickboxing and bodycombat! It is so empowering!

10. Anne says:

Fav Leg Exercise is probably leg press but that is not a body weight exercise unless I sit someone on my feet and push them up.

Running is good for the legs but I find I need a bit more than that. Cycling develops the calves really well I find.

11. Margaret says:

Ballet! Done properly, and with the correct posture, it is an amazing leg and butt workout.

12. Euneka says:

Dancing and rebounding…

13. Adrienne says:

I used to love to walk, in the mountains, so much, it was my reason for being.
    Sometimes I felt like I was flying or floating and I really enjoyed the feeling of working hard and how strong my legs were. Now, after several years of feeling my general health decline, walking has become a painful effort. Raw food has helped me quite a lot,to regain my health, but I dont see myself ever being as springy as Kevin looks doing those leg exercises. Ah, to be young again (and I am only 50). I am having trouble imagining any exercise i can learn to love as much as walking in the mountains, especially in the alpine.

14. Meri says:

Walking, lunges and karate kicks. I’m loving fitness week 🙂

15. Paul Trewavas says:

I enjoy walking along the beach in the dry soft sand

16. Sue says:

I have improved my walking time during the past year. Just this past weekend, I started running at the track so that my endurance might improve. I already know that my lymph system is improving beyond what the rebounding has been doing. As for today’s segment, I’m glad to see that you mentioned not doing that which can’t be done at this time. I hadn’t realized that my arms could not handle all of yesterday’s exercises! So, now I plan to do what I can do and retry doing the difficult ones later!

17. Om Baby says:

Round the clock lunges and plie squats. Dead lifts are killer too! Yoga is another great avenue for toning and sculpting your legs.

18. Keith says:

Running up stairs with or without weights, jumping up stairs skipping every other step,then running down as fast as you can.
    Great cardio as well.

19. There is nothing better than ballet technique!

20. Gail says:

I’m with Adrienne, # 13.
    I love walking, especially when it includes lovely scenery and varied terrain.

I remember, in HS. I refused to get my driver’s license while all my friends couldn’t wait. I wanted to ride my bike everywhere, and my legs were like powerful pistons.

I still prefer biking and walking to anything else for exercise.

21. I like doing basic squats (without weights) for the legs, but instead of doing high reps, I really focus on making each rep as hard as possible by making each rep as slow as possible. That way I can gain a bit of muscle in addition to general all round conditioning.