We Still Do Videos! (Plus I Want Your Ideas) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #821

Friday May 13 | BY |

It seems like everyone missed the memo a while back… πŸ™‚

So for those who did, here’s an explanation of where you can find the videos as well as what we’re doing moving forward to help you find them easier.

Also, I have a question for you at the end that asks for your help and ideas, so be sure to watch all the way to the end.

Your question of the day: What are some cool features that you’d like to see on the blog?

To get the free trial of MySpeed, you can click here: http://www.enounce.com/myspeed

Kevin Gianni is a health author, activist and blogger. He started seriously researching personal and preventative natural health therapies in 2002 when he was struck with the reality that cancer ran deep in his family and if he didn’t change the way he was living β€” he might go down that same path. Since then, he’s written and edited 6 books on the subject of natural health, diet and fitness. During this time, he’s constantly been humbled by what experts claim they know and what actually is true. This has led him to experiment with many diets and protocols β€” including vegan, raw food, fasting, medical treatments and more β€” to find out what is myth and what really works in the real world.

Kevin has also traveled around the world searching for the best protocols, foods, medicines and clinics around and bringing them to the readers of his blog RenegadeHealth.com β€” which is one of the most widely read natural health blogs in the world with hundreds of thousands of visitors a month from over 150 countries around the world.

1. Karen says:

Have a really great trip!

2. Sue J Thomas says:

Best wishes for a wonderful trip!

3. Annelies says:

This is quite an awsome feature (you might have seen it already): http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/snake-oil-supplements/, maybe you can use it in any way, perhaps just for fun, but I figured you might like it. Safe travels to Peru!

4. Paula says:

I’d like to have a place like your website where I could go to find out what cool raw things are going on around the country (and the world). Maybe it would be a tool where organizers of raw/ health related events, health food stores, and restaurants that provide raw items could post to it and then users could click on the map in the area where they are going and see everything raw that is happening in that area.

5. Tara Burner says:

I love everything the way it is, think you and Annmarie do a great job πŸ™‚

6. Katherine says:

I’m still getting two emails a week, double value you may think….unfortunately they’re both the same!
    Any ideas what’s happening there?
    Love the idea of having listings of events happening around the world…I’m in the UK, could be useful when travelling too.
    Thanks for all the articles and videos.
    K x

7. Marianne says:

Hey Kev that ROCKS!!! about the search facility…I have been LIVING (well almost hahaha) to see the Wednesday ‘In the Kitchen’ show you did, ALONE, pre-RV(am pretty certain) when Annmarie was with Victoria Boutenko doing the Byron Katie retreat.
    HAHAHAHA you threw everything in WHOLE it was so funny (and reminds me of aspects of myself). I could never find it using the search engine, lol;-)xxPs no ideas right this sec – honestly rarely on any blog but yours at mo…x

8. LT says:

Me too, I mean I’m getting also 2 e-mails/day, the same content…one is with the name
    Kevin Gianni (Renegade Health) and one only with
    Kevin Gianni…

Have a safe and great trip!

9. tim says:

what about household cleaning products , oh yah that change is good …peace…

10. elf says:

Taking Jonny5 with you?

11. Hi, I would like to know if a person with type O negative blood type can be a vegetarian? Does this blood type require a person to be a meat eater? Thank you, Carol

12. Joan Lapsa says:

I much prefer the blogs and other printed material to the videos. I often would like to print them for later reference, but they are not in printer-friendly form. Could this be done somehow? Printing them as they are now wastes a great deal of toner.
    Thanks!

13. Ry Vita Phi says:

I also get 2 emails aswell…

Itd be cool to possibly have a comment reply feature…they could also be notified if someone posts a reply but that would require email…

14. Dawn B says:

Have a great time in Peru!

15. oreganol says:

Have fun in Peru. Looking forward to seeing the new site.

16. Anna says:

You want to see more comments on your blog?? Start giving stuff away to one commenter a day, haha (or at least a 50% off coupon or something). Then you’ll see more!

I agree with you that the search feature leaves much to be desired. I LOVE the recipe videos and I haven’t had any luck searching through them. If you improve the search feature, that would be amazing!

Another thing I would be VERY interested would be home/handmade beauty products (yes, recipes…). Not Annmarie’s personal recipes, but the simple fact of the matter is that to use high quality beauty products – even one’s as amazing as Annmarie’s – is enough to break one’s budget. I’m sure I’m not the only woman out there who would like to know how to make lotions or facial cleaners or deodorant from someone I know and trust like Renegade Health.

I would also love to know what you do with coconut keifr, do you just put it in your smoothies? I tried searching for that, but didn’t get very far.

I love you guys, though. Even if you didn’t change a thing I’d still read most everything and watch all the videos. Having your knowledge along with your recipe videos has been a huge encouragement to me as I make the switch to mostly raw. Keep up the great work and I hope you have safe travels to Peru.

17. Katya says:

Would be great if you and followers around the country could create a frequently updated list of places to find raw and vegan food. It is so frustrating to arrive in a new place and have no idea where to eat out. Sometimes, even conventional restaurants will have something on the menu, but who would know, but the locals. At least, that is my most frustrating experience trying to keep on the diet.

18. Anne says:

Hey Kev,

Like some others have commented I also receive two email (same title, same content) everyday. One is from Kevin Gianni and the other from Kevin Gianni (Renegade Health). I believe this started about at the time of the Great Health Debate as before that I was only getting one and I suspect you have two lists, one from the Great Health Debate and another. It seems some of us are duplicated and are on both. Of course I didn’t want to unsubscribe for fear of being canceled from both.

Is there anything that can be done to work around this issue?

Wanted to wish you both a wonderful trip. Get some sleep on the plane!
    Thanks for all you do.

19. barbara says:

Have a “rawkin”, “wild” time in Peru.

I look forward to some awesome new Peruvian and wild crafted recipes.

I too have what #8 and those following say about 2 emails and yes it’s since The Great Debate that I signed up for too. One Just from you and the other is from you and with the company name.

To Anna. I’ve been looking into homemade organic and herbal beauty products myself. Just started. There are a number of e-books online if you do a search and when you search Amazon sells some as well. They are not expensive for the knowledge within. Not meaning to take away from Annemarie’s products here, the more people read about this and if they don’t have the time, they will understand her products better or maybe suggest some they like that to her and she could decide whether or not to produce and offer.

Technical ideas:
    Some blogs websites have guest writers periodically which further enriches sites/blogs and gives the site/blog owner a break here and there.

Live visual streaming of national or international holistic, environmental, agricultural, etc. events, summits of interest for those who can not travel to them, or who are very environmentally conscious and prefer not to fly alot, either “free” to annual paid member subscribers that you would set up and pay as you go rates. You could probably negotiate a group rate deal with the event host for each event since they will get more attendees this way in person and virtually.

20. Jana says:

I love sites that have printer friendly versions of the recipes. Andrew Weil’s site is one example of what I’m describing. I just made the spicy pineapple jicama salad and I was really wanting a printer friendly version.

21. Hubert says:

Hi,
    I also got two emails for a year or so and then half a year or so ago, just one. Without me doing anything.
    But after reading a mail and putting it in the archives it comes in again in my inbox (no other emails have ever done that) but only the last part. It feels like it’s something gmail does because I can click on the upper part and the full email appears again (which I have already put in the archives). Not a problem for me but related, I guess, to other comments/problems.

Thanks for the great work you do.
    Your dedicated fan from Holland,
    Hubert.

22. Kuru says:

Thanks for updating your search feature! So much great stuff we need to find.

I’d like to see an occasional personal update. Like: are you and Ann still in school, how are you liking it, and what are you learning? Are you still liking yoga and what have you learned about it? A video of your living space now that you’re really living there; do you have a sprouting corner; any indoor herbs? Do you miss RV life? What’s your exercise routine of the day? How tall are you two? It would be fun to see you both participate.

Happy travels!

23. eyla says:

Thanks for all the amazing work guys, not really phased by the layout, so I’m not going anywhere πŸ™‚
    Any improvements can only be good though.

24. Carol says:

Hey Kevin! Love everything you guys do–so informative and helpful and all encompassing. A quick question: When you recently interviewed Andreas Moritz I understood there was to be a second interview focusing on cancer? Has that been published? Once again, you guys are awesome πŸ™‚ Thanks, Carol

25. Daralene says:

Katherine, I think you have the same problem I did. What happened to me is I had gone to the site for different things and each time it asked for your email address. I think that is how we ended up getting 2 of the same emails. I unsubscribed from the duplicate and now I am getting only one email. Hope that works for you too.

26. Christine says:

So glad to hear you’ll be updating the search feature -that’s exactly my complaint about your blog right now: I’d love to be able to search for a particular issue / subject better.
    You might also consider an index page with subjects links to posts.

Thanks for all the info.

27. Jasmine says:

I just thought of an amazing feature. You could call it the “Question Drop” or “Question Drop Box” where you link a page or a blank field where people can ask you questions to either answer via video or article or through Dr. Williams articles. I guess similar to the comments section but on a different page – one that is specifically for people’s health questions.

THanks, kev!

28. Angela says:

Kevin and Annmarie, Have a Beautiful time in Peru….looking forward to hearing all about it in your e-mails…Love your website and will look forward to any and all improvements…Take Care and have the Best Trip Ever…..

I also receive two e-mails each day, same as the peeps above….

Again safe and Happy travels….

29. jackie says:

Hi,
    I also receive 2 emails/day which are identical.
    I may be in the minority, but I prefer to get the Renegade Health videos in a separate email. It takes way too much time to scroll down to look for the link in the blog and involves too much pasting and clicking. I’ve missed several of them now, which I never did before. And some of the blogs don’t even have a link in them; at least I didn’t see it or missed it while scrolling down. Who has time to re-scan the whole blog to keep looking for a link? It seems much more efficient to have separate emails, then if someone doesn’t want to read or watch one of them, they can just delete it with a click; much, much faster.
    That being said, I hope you have a safe trip; wish I were going with you!

30. Cathie says:

I also receive 2 e-mails/day which are identical.

How about some willow basket craft or glass painting demo’s
    Enjoy Peru

31. Medkid says:

A list of other sites/blogs that you recommend would be nice, and a button that led to a series of videos/articles explaining your general view on health and how to get started living the way you believe is healthy, though that would require you to have some sort of baseline ‘ideology’ towards health , something you don’t seem quite sure about – fyi. I dont eat a diet poor in animal foods, but otherwise like a lot of your information, also kevin you seem to be comming around.
    Btw. I really liked your the interview with deep nutrition author. Dr. Williams’ articles on centenarians are also quite interesting, though I think some of his conclusions are mistaken.

32. Medkid says:

ps. I also get two identical emails a day, for some reason. Sort of annoying – and yes one email a day is plenty.

33. Medkid says:

good idea with the question box

34. Medkid says:

also what about a forum – where people could have a sincere evidence (and possibly experienced) based discussion on health

35. Beth says:

The third member of the Gianni family needs a little corner of his own. Jonny 5 keeps insisting. Hopefully with the site renovation we’ll see/hear him more. Glad I came across Renegade Health!

36. I would love to see more food preparing videos and excercise videos! : ))
    I would also like to see more of your daily life, like how and what you guys eat and excercise in a day! : )

37. and… I forgot something!
    I would also like to see videos and articals how you can make some home remedies fro different things : )

38. Dee says:

I also get 2 emails a day. I prefer the videos to the blogs. I rarely read the blogs for the same reason I don’t like ebooks. I don’t enjoy reading content on computers. And with the new email format, I find myself hunting for the videos especially if I have been away and need to catch up.

39. Beth says:

I do get your daily emails, but I also subscribe to the RSS feed in Google Reader.
    I find that Google Reader is so much easier, because I can catch up with your content no matter where I am and what computer I’m using.

Glad you are still doing the videos. Prefer the videos to the articles.

40. Elisheva says:

Thanks for all the great stuff! Also getting every e-mail twice – but they’re identical! Like both the articles & the videos, but find it overwhelming receiving them together. Also 5x a week is too much, unless maybe you alternate the article with the video.This was the reason I’ve unsubscribed in the past & when it gets too overwhelming, I might just do that again! Appreciate your honest approach to everything. Enjoy Peru!

41. Elizabeth says:

Love your show! I would love to see more shows or recipes that incorporate using a dehydrator.

42. Cherie says:

Thanks for the update. I am also still getting 2 emails a day.

43. Abigail says:

Hi Kev, thanks for the videos. I always like to see you and Ann. Video raw recipes, and talking about nutritional information, such as what natural suppliments are good for the heart, what herbs are good for blood cleanse, etc., not forgetting something about each of your product, and what it does. I find you all have a very interesting program, and I like the way you communicate about all that you do talk about. May God bless you guys with a safe and exciting trip.