Did I Do the Liver Gallbladder Cleanse Right? (Plus, More Q & A): The Renegade Health Show Episode #817

Monday May 9 | BY |

There was some feedback that I didn’t do the liver and gallbladder cleanse the right way…

While I admit, I didn’t follow it step by step, I also understand that the body doesn’t – in most cases – cleanse or not cleanse.

In this episode, I share my thoughts on doing cleanses right and answer questions about who should do a cleanse. (I also share how fast it takes me to do a Sudoku puzzle – since you guys asked!)

Take a look… (LOL, don’t mind the freeze frame here… I didn’t put it up on purpose. I’ve changed it in YouTube and it will take a few hours to switch!)

Your question of the day: What do you do to flex your mind?

1. Donaji says:

Kevin! It’s SOO-DOH-KOO 🙂 I play Sudoku as well, do jigsaw puzzles, reading, crafting, and painting although those are not puzzles, they really help me clear my mind and relax 🙂

2. Ryan says:

My mom loves that game…I believe it is sue-doh-koo

I enjoy taipei, majhong, solitare, toy story ipod app,reading and listening to certain things, being in ceratin places…

3. casey says:

too much brain workout.. but it’s not tired, i question if i should do more, but i’m trying to slow my life down and minimize hobbies.

Mostly just fix watches (my job), and play guitar, but I also teach fencing and fence, tai chi, yoga, constantly experimenting in different ferments, sprouting and of course researching health 🙂

4. Hi Kevin, i believe you are correct in that not every body is the same. things just are not black & white :0. It was really nice to meet you and ann marie on saturday. take care…cheryl 🙂

5. Julie says:

I dream up floor plans in my mind to “flex it.”

Kevin! Your proof is in your skin and your eyes – they are so clear and bright! Doing good and thanks for the constant inspiration.

6. oreganol says:

I mind workout for me is finding my way around a new city that I’ve never visited before, especially a non-English speaking one. It’s a great way to flex your mind.

I used to play sudoku a lot but found that it was affecting my eysight. Looking at a small screen or small area of the newspaper for long perioeds makes my vision go blurry.

7. Jessica says:

I play this great puzzle game called Blokus! There’s an online website http://www.blokus.com where you can play all the different versions they have or there’s the real life version, which I prefer.

8. shine says:

i play board games to work out my mind – stuff like agricola, caylus, le havre..check out game geek its a whole new world!

9. Cindy says:

I like Sudoku a lot, but one of my favorite things to do is building 1,000-2,000 piece puzzles. I can build one in 1-2 days. That really challenges the mind, especially really difficult ones. I also love to read, & usually manage to read 8-10 books a month.

10. Wendy says:

I love crossword puzzles and jigsaw puzzles (winter) and mindless games on the computer.

11. kathy says:

I’m 56 and started a master’s program in holistic health studies to improve my mind (and learn more about the fascinating world of alternative healing.)

12. The information you share is awesome!

I didn’t criticize you for not doing the cleanse correctly, but, as I read the comments of those who did, I thought perhaps they were thinking that you COULD’VE achieved better results by drinking the apple juice prior to your cleanse as per suggested protocol. By not doing that, you might have had less benefits. And as a “leader” it might seem to others, that that part of the cleanse wasn’t that important. Anyway, you didn’t really say WHY you didn’t do the apple juice??? Your explanation still left me wondering.

Thanks for all the work you put into getting great information to the public!!!!

13. Claire says:

Hi Kevin,
    We do the gallbladder flush slightly differently to the ‘book’ as well but with amazing results! We eat apples and drink apples juice only up until 1pm then just herbal tea and water for the rest of the evening until you have to drink the epsom salt then a couple of hours later, the salad dressing 🙂 Then the next morning after the epsom salts have done their job we go back to eating fairly normally, although our ‘normal’ is mostly steamed veggies our veggie soup and juice.
    I think you need to really understand the procedure and what each step involves in order to make any changes. I have read and re-read Andreas’ book many times (plus a few of his other ones!) and do know what my body is capable of and what results to expect.
    Good on you for giving it a go. Your second time will produce different results. Each flush is quite unique. Am doing my eighth this week!
    Great job!

14. Velda says:

Points well taken, Kevin. However, I think it’s like when you are making a new recipe for the first time, you follow it according to the recipe. After the first time, you then decide how you would want to change it, if at all.

I would still like to know if you can do the cleanse with coconut oil instead of olive oil? Thanks,

15. Annette says:

1. Kevin your eyes are so Bright & BLUE to-day-WOW, was it the cleanse or your sweater..LOL…and yes your skin is also very clear…you look bright and shiny “clean”.:)
    good for you.

2.I heard a saying the other day that relates to your “mentor-NHP” talk…
    A Good coach gets Coached (or mentored),
    I agree whole-heartedly.

Have fun in Peru…

Annette

16. Jon says:

What about the lemonade cleanse? Do you have any insights on thag cleanse?

17. Paul Palmer says:

Hi Kevin

As someone who has a strong attachment to fatty foods, even of the right kind, and consequent gallbladder problems, the topic interests me. I find that the combination of fats (oils), starches, and salt is the worst.

As to the gallstone cleanse, I read that the apple juice/olive oil cleanse doesn’t expel gallstones but makes soapstones. The soapstones will melt whereas real gallstones don’t. Note also the size of some of the “stones”; clearly too big to be expelled through the bile duct. I found a low fat,high fruit/veg diet, along the lines of 80/10/10 diet helpful in prevention. But as you pointed out, anyone with an acute attack of gallstones should consult a health professional.

18. Carolyn Landry says:

I am 58 years old and a college student, I work a full-time job, I am an avid reader, I do jigsaw and crossword puzzles.

I have tried sudoku and so far I am not very good at it.

19. Kristi says:

While waiting for a friend I started counting in the 3 languages that I’m most familiar with. Every number is said/thought in a different language (ie. English, Korean, German, English, Korean, German). That’s some mental aerobics!

20. Melissa says:

I use the Tetris Puzzle Game. 🙂

21. Beth says:

Recently started doing Sudoku puzzles, so I’m still learning. The learning curve is stretch and working out my brain which is good.

I do math in my head as often as possible and only use a calculator as a last resort. When grocery shopping I try to keep a running total in my head as we shop – and then see how close I am when we cash out.

22. Heather Her Oni says:

Sudoku, sudoku, sodoku, languished reading, art appreciation, breathing deeply and letting my mind travel.

23. emm gee says:

I just did my second flush yesterday and the results are not the same the first time on. No expelling of any greenies this time. The reason for the second flush was because I started experiencing pain again. (No pain for two months after the first flush).

Any ideas what the duration between flushes can be coz the pain is very nagging and irritating.

Thanks much