A Great New Raw Food Book, Plus Crazy Baby Talk : The 7 Things I Learned This Week

Sunday May 1 | BY |

green juice kick
Green smoothie or green juice? As long as it’s green, I think you’ll be alright… (Before shooting with Kimora for Life in the Fab Lane)

There was some crazy baby talk on the blog this week!

I want to thank all of you for your comments and tips. We’re not ready yet, but your advice will be archived.

Today, I have The 7 Things I Learned This Week…

These include a great new raw food recipe book, why we’re onto green juice again, a lesson in change and a question I wanted to ask you to help me out.

Let’s get started…

1. A great new raw food book.

There are a lot of raw food books that come across my desk (or lap, or coffee table…)

Many of them are good, but not great.

The dilemma I face when this happens is that I want to help spread the word about raw foods and the work my friends create, but I also want to spread the word about something that I’m really, really excited about.

Promoting raw foods is awesome, but it’s hard to get excited and feel really congruent about promoting something like a book that is only “kind of” cool, wouldn’t you agree?

Anyway, a few years ago Annmarie and I met Judita, a raw foods educator and chef, at an event that we put on at Au Lac.

It was one of the very few talks that I’ve done on building a health (online or offline) business.

At the event, Judita told us she was writing a book on raw foods with recipes and tips.

This wasn’t the first time I’ve heard this.

What Judita didn’t know is that over the last 6-7 years, there have been maybe 100 times someone has said this to me and have only seen about 3-4 books come out of those instances. To make matters worse for Judita, one of those 100 was Vicotoria Boutenko who was writing her “Green Smoothie Revolution” book – another was Ani Phyo who was working on her 3rd or 4th one. So clearly these two already had success in the publishing world.

Regardless, over the last few years, we’ve seen Judita at events and she’s updated us on the progress of her book. Eventually, she secured a publisher, then sent over some sample materials – it looked like it was all coming together.

And it did…

Recently, I received a copy of the book in the mail.

It is a beautifully done book with fantastic recipes and step by step instructions on how to make them great every time. Judita learned many of her tricks from Cherie Soria at the Living Light Culinary Institute, so her professionalism and attention to detail in her recipes is super-high quality (just like all the students that Cherie mentors!)

I rarely get excited about a raw food prep-book because I’ve seen so many, but I see this one right up there with Nomi Shannon’s “The Raw Gourmet,” and Ani Phyo’s “Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen” as a must have in your library.

There is also some great information on raw foods in the beginning for those who are just starting out – this gives a primer as to why you’d want to eat a large portion of your diet raw.

Anyway, I don’t want to gush any more. I’m sure you’ll know what I’m talking about when you get the book for yourself.

If you’d like to check it out, here’s where to go now…

(We don’t make any money on this recommendation, we just want you to have the book in your collection!)

We’ll have a recipe or two from the book in an upcoming Renegade Health Show, so stay tuned!

2. Bring back the green juice.

We haven’t been drinking too much green juice over the last year or so.

Why?

We were on a green smoothie kick.

For some reason or another, smoothies were just more satisfying while we were traveling.

A few days ago, Annmarie decided to make a green juice using some of the fresh produce from the Farmer’s Market.

The juice was amazing.

Every day since then, we’ve been having a juice with our breakfast in the morning.

I’ve always said there is nothing more refreshing and energizing in the morning than a fresh glass of greens.

And it’s been confirmed again this week.

Drinking a fresh juice is better than any pick-me-up a cup of coffee can give you because there’s no downside to it. You drink your juice in the morning and you’re “up” all day.

I can’t believe we’ve left this tool out of our diet for so long, but at the same time I understand that the body wants and needs certain things at certain times.

All I can say now is that juice is back.

Have you taken a juice break for a while? Maybe it’s time to bring it back into the wheelhouse.

For those of you interested, the juice I’m drinking today is romaine, cucumber, fennel, lemon and parsley.

3. Everyone loves talking about babies!

Judging from the comments that have been posted over the last 24 hours on my Continuum Concept review, I have concluded that many of you (or most of you!) love talking babies… LOL!

I guess this is a good thing for Renegade Health moving forward, since eventually Annmarie and I will have our own to raise and tell you about that experience.

Unfortunately, though, you’ll have to stay tuned a bit more because in order for me to talk about having babies, we need to have one first.

That’s some time off in the future… or at least as long as I could negotiate out…

LOL!

4. Video views down, article views up.

Since our addition of daily articles here, I’ve noticed a very distinct trend.

The video views have tailed off a bit and the article views have significantly increased.

We’ve actually nearly doubled our web traffic since the Great Health Debate.

If you remember, I put out a survey a few weeks ago that asked if you liked the articles or the videos best.

The results were here:

Liked Videos Best: 15%
Liked Articles Best: 35%
Liked Them Both: 50%

So that means that a significant number of you like the videos as well as the articles.

So for the foreseeable future, we’ll continue to do both. Which is good news for everyone…

I will reassess this decision if the number of views continue to drop for the videos. So if you do like the videos, be sure to watch them and comment to make sure that I know the time I spend on them is appreciated!

5. I have an idea.

I can’t share so much of it with you now. It’s in its stages of infancy.

But I there’s a new book coming.

Give me 1-2 years, but it will totally be worth the wait.

The reason I’m telling you know, is because I know the value of having public accountability for your goals.

Like I said above, of the 100 people who’ve told me they were writing books, only 3-4 (now 5 with Judita) have materialized.

I know if I tell you, you’ll hold me accountable, right? πŸ™‚

6. Sometimes plans have to change.

Initially, we were going to Peru for 3 months.

Then 6 weeks.

Now only 4.

Once we got to Berkeley, we hit a stride in our own personal lives as well as with our business.

We’ve found out that Annmarie really likes working the office. She gets more done there.

I like working at home. (I’m a total disruption in the office… LOL!)

We’ve started to meet some people who we want to spend more time with and we’re starting to form a little community around us.

Going to Peru for 3 months would have completely disrupted these developments.

So we cut the trip down to 4 weeks (we’re leaving in 2) and we’ll still be able to explore, find new products to share, further our spiritual journey with the Q’ero and Dr. Williams and to take a break from U.S. life for while.

(BTW: This trip was not planned after the nuclear disaster in Japan, for those wondering.)

The reason I’m telling you this is because sometimes plans are meant to change.

If you listen closely to the clues that are given to you, you will know which ones need to stay and which ones need to go.

At first, Ann and I resisted the change from 3 months to 6 weeks, but when we took some time to think about it, it made sense. When we made the initial plans, it was 12 months ago. We were on the road, we were attempting to hold on to any plan that seemed solid, since nothing else was in the RV.

Plus, how can anyone know what exactly they need a year in advance?

I think this type of flexibility is extremely important in many aspects of life. Sure it cost us some extra money because we had to change our flight. It also cost us a month of rent at our apartment in Cuzco because we cancelled in short notice.

What we gained though was a lesson in flexibility. Bending and not breaking.

It’s important to make goals and plans, but it’s also important to know when some of them have to go and others take precedence.

You’ll never always be right, but being flexible allows you to easily (somewhat) navigate through the situations you’re faced with.

This can be applied to diet as well.

When I was 100% raw, I thought I would be that way forever.

Life threw me some interesting situations that didn’t allow me to eat that way anymore. If I wasn’t flexible about it, I would likely be much worse off than I am now.

7. I want some more book ideas from you.

Since I’ll be in Peru for a month, I need some cool book suggestions from you.

I’ve read many of the well known health books, as well as many of the not-so-known ones.

What I’m looking for is 3-4 suggestions of books that would blow my mind.

I don’t want to give you any further lead than “books that would blow my mind” because being more specific might limit what ones you suggest.

I’m sure you’ve read some fascinating books that I would never come across – that’s why I’m asking you here to give me some suggestions.

So if you have a second, please be sure to suggest a book or two for me here…

(If I like it and I read it, I’ll likely put some commentary on the blog here as long as it applies – or can be applied – to how we think about health.)

I want to know your thoughts: What books should I read in Peru?

Kevin Gianni is a health author, activist and blogger. He started seriously researching personal and preventative natural health therapies in 2002 when he was struck with the reality that cancer ran deep in his family and if he didn’t change the way he was living β€” he might go down that same path. Since then, he’s written and edited 6 books on the subject of natural health, diet and fitness. During this time, he’s constantly been humbled by what experts claim they know and what actually is true. This has led him to experiment with many diets and protocols β€” including vegan, raw food, fasting, medical treatments and more β€” to find out what is myth and what really works in the real world.

Kevin has also traveled around the world searching for the best protocols, foods, medicines and clinics around and bringing them to the readers of his blog RenegadeHealth.com β€” which is one of the most widely read natural health blogs in the world with hundreds of thousands of visitors a month from over 150 countries around the world.

1. Tina says:

Just a thought. I wonder if video traffic is down because… now that I don’t get the two separate emails… I completely forget about the videos… PLEASE start sending a reminder again! πŸ™‚

2. Abakash says:

One reason the videos may have dropped off is that it’s harder to get to them. they used to just pop up when we entered your site. Now we kinda have to work to find them. Still worth the effort, just a little harder.
    LOL

3. Meredith says:

Kevin & AnnMarie, enjoy your trip to Peru. My nephew has been living there for over a year. My brother and SIL just came back from a visit. I hope to go someday. My nephew Anthony runs a hostel called Taita Home. If by any chance your paths cross, please give him a big hug from his Auntie Meredith!
    Thanks! And keep up all of your good work!

4. Mary Himmer says:

Lierre Keith, The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability

Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger’s by John Elder Robison. It is autobiography that reads like fiction.

5. rawtothecore says:

iam going to guess that youve read this but its new to me and its gabriel cousens rainbow green live food cuisine it also has a companion dvd with an hour of food prep that iam sure would be to basic for you too but none the less this my suggestion for you send lots of pics from peru ill use them as screen savers and one last thing i like the videos and like best the recipe ones also the new product items this is my vote for the vids p.s. iam going to the store tommorrow to get things for green juices thanks for everything you to do over there i myself like working at the home i call my desk command central ok see you later

6. Katja says:

Reading The God Delusion (Richard Dawkins) over the last christmas holidays was not only good for my mental health, but for some good laughs too.

7. Kitty says:

hi – i really liked getting the video email separate from the article emails.

Now i have to dig thru the whole email to find the video and usually don’t have time to see the video and read the article…….so i read the article and wait for the “summary” email that you periodically email out and just listen to a few videos that strike me when i have time.

My suggestion……..which is contrary to what i gather you received in feedback is to do one thing a day……either an article or a video. Then i have a chance to keep up……and i’ll bet your video views go back up.

K

8. Hugh says:

I agree with Abakash re the videos and their accessibility.
    On the book front, it’s been around for ages now but if you’ve never read The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle you should! It’s perfect for people with your disposition (mine is the same!). I have reread it in many times and every time I do it resonates deeper.

9. nina says:

Kevin,
    You, causing chaos at the office? I find that so hard to believe! (lol)

Anyway – so funny you’ve gone back to green juices, as I have just gone back to green smoothies! You’re right – my body just told me, it’s time to go back (after 6 months or more). I’ve been juicing much more all of this time. I’ve also just begun reading/rereading Victoria B.’s updated “Green For Life”, also. I don’t know which came first – the updated book or the smoothie cravings!
    Otherwise, I’m sure there’s not a book out there, which I have read, that you haven’t also. You’re way far ahead of me in that department. However, why go there and read? Maybe on the trip there and back, but I can’t see reading very much during the 4 weeks.
    To each his own! Have a great time, you two!!

10. Liesel says:

Hi Kevin,

I’ll recommend a book I am reading right now. It is called “Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life” and was written by Thich Nhat Hanh and Dr. Lilian Cheung.

It is a book more for people who have weight issues, but you might enjoy it as insight into the practice of mindfulness and how to apply it to eating, exercise, and daily activities.

Take care,

Liesel

11. nina says:

Hi, again!
    I lied – I did recently read a great book –
    “Born on a Blue Day” by Daniel Tamet.
    Mary Himmer’s reply reminded of it. It is also non-fiction, but reads much like fiction.
    Very interesting read.
    Hope you get a great list to choose from.

12. Denise R. says:

How can I get to your show to watch it? I used to watch it every day, then I took a break, came back and cannot find it! I love the videos, but where are they? hehe!

13. Women Food and God by Geneen Roth.
    I am sure you have read it. I would be curious about your take on it. You have a lot of wisdom around the issues of food addiction. It’s confusing though- to want to develop a healthier relationship to food and health but to not be all or nothing re: focused on raw food or even just plant based healthy food.

14. Tara Burner says:

I love the videos and articles…i’m one of the “love both” πŸ™‚

as far as books…sorry no help to you there

I wanna go to Peru!

baby talk…I didn’t add my .02 on that..since my ‘babies’ are now 15 & 22 and both raised differently, different results but dont want to put all their info out there since they tend to ‘find’ me and my comments! LOL

geee no surprise you’d be a distraction in office setting! lol

green juice vs smoothies…weirdly I’m not in love w/either..think it’s a psycho thing thing
    though…may have to get over that and start drinking more greens

15. Gail Jensen says:

As for the book..going to Peru..”Hind’s Feet on High Places” by Hannah Hurnard.
    I like to read a book/watch a movie that I know nothing about, so I’m entering in with a clean-slate mind and no bias. This was given to me about 25 years ago and I have not parted with it, even moving 15 times since then and across country.
    I see that it has a Kindle version (Amazon) for only $5.99.

Darn. Went grocery shopping today and was going to buy a bag of lemons and put them back. Now I remember that I wanted to make Green Lemonade and was really needing and craving it. I, too, have been craving more of a green juice than a green smoothie. Just needing more of a beverage than a ‘meal’.
    As far as videos go, if there’s one on this page, I watch it (unless it’s too long); but otherwise, I’m not aware of any other location for your videos, so I’m probably missing them (?).
    I’m also one of the 50%.

16. Gail says:

As far as reading goes..Peru..I would say “Hind’s Feet on High Places” by Hannah Hurnard. I like to read a book or see a movie having no idea what it’s about; therefore no bias, no pre-conceived notions, and that’s what I recommend for you, too. I have had my copy for 25 years and it has moved with me probably 10 times and across country. I see that Kindle (Amazon) has it for $5.99 if you like Kindle.
    I’m one of the 50%, but the only videos I see are whatever is on this page. Is there someplace else? Oh..
    Darn. Already went grocery shopping today and forgot a bag of lemons. Forgot that I wanted to make Green Lemonade as I’m really craving it. I, too, have been craving green juices versus smoothies. I feel more in need of a beverage than a ‘meal’. πŸ™‚

17. Annette says:

I like the articles because I don’t have a lot of time to watch the videos…although when I have watched them, they’re good.

18. Kate says:

“Body of Health”, by Francesca McCartney. The sub title is: The New Science of Intuition Medicine for Energy and Balance. Blew MY mind, at least. It’s a fantastic book for beginners of meditation, energy, and the like… and for seasoned folk as well (I think).
    I’d recommend it to the world. πŸ™‚

19. barbara says:

I love green smoothies and green juice. When I have the time, I start the day with a green juice and for snacks or lunch I make a green smoothie.

Regarding videos or articles, I prefer articles for the more “important” information that I may want to read over more than once, and videos for something like recipes, if you are putting something together, showing us how to cut open a coconut, or showing us a restaurant-garden as you did recently. These wouldn’t come across as well without the visual.

With how fast time flies by, I don’t know if I could have given up Peru. The office will always be there and the community will be there when you return, AND I give you alot of credit to evaluate the situation and make the change in plans and know what it means to you to do that change.

20. eyla says:

The biology of belief by Bruce Lipton is great!

Please don’t axe the videos, they are great.

21. Anna21 says:

I had to stop the green smoothies because of a thyroid imbalance (most of the green powder mixes have raw cruciferous veggies, a no-no for sluggish thyroids). So I am growing greens to put in my smoothies- lettuce, purslane, claytonia and sunflower sprouts. I also planted squash, kiwano, ground cherries and berry bushes (currants, lingonberries, blackberries and blueberries). Some of the bushes are mature, so I hope to get a crop this summer to put in my green smoothies. There’s nothing like home grown- no pesticides, no chemicals, lots of vitamins/ minerals/ sunshine and love : )

22. EMC says:

My book recommendation, because I found it fascinating and read it like a novel, is Enzymes for Autism and Other Neurological Conditions by Karen L. DeFelice. Enjoy! πŸ™‚

23. Mario S says:

Ah Peru, fabulous! We’re off to Brazil soon for business and sight seeing too.
    Fave books:
    “The Fundamentals of Thought” by Hubbard is the most thorough address to the mind that I’ve read. Amazon.com
    ” Breakthrough” by Jim Humble.com explains how Sodium Chlorite eliminates ALL pathogens in the body by adding oxygen to assist the immune system. He’s healed a million people of many ailments. I’ve personally experienced many of these healings.
    “Zeolite natures heavy metal detoxifier” by Dr. Howard Peiper, ND Attracts positively charged particles to it’s negetively charged cage structure, trapping them and the body eliminates them. Zeohealth.com
    “Enlightenment” An incredible out of print book I can e-mail you if you like, it’s been forced out of mainstream for telling too much spiritual truth. Sound familiar?
    Sunshine, courage and happiness to us all, Mario.

24. Melissa says:

We like both the articles and the videos – my KIDS like the videos! But, we don’t have time to sit and watch every one, so I probably skim through the articles more often. You have probably read The Body Ecology Diet – that’s my favorite right now!

25. Michelle says:

“Ruling Your World,” by Sakyong Mipham …
    peace ; )

26. Kymbo says:

Thank you so much for this post Kevin… Have purchased Judita’s new book and please don’t get rid of the video’s I LOVE them. Your followers say they don’t have time to watch them…I say MAKE the time for your healths sake…have fun practicing for those babies as I reckon you are having TWINS…LOL πŸ™‚

27. Hey guys,

Thanks for another great week of updates about healthy living and unbiased news from the world that matters. Once again, you guys RAWK!

First book suggestion:
    The Biology of Belief By: Dr. Bruce Lipton. This is a must read for anyone living a life for the progress of human evolution and really should be included in 7 th or 8 th grade biology. Please check this one out.

#2. The Education of Little Tree
    super fast read. True story and packed full of lessons about life. This is one excellent story

#3. Benjamin Franklin, The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin By Benjamin Franklin.
    These are letters he wrote to his son over a span of several years and leaves one with a sense of what the discovery of true democracy is really all about and how one goes about living these virtues daily.

#4. Mycellium Running By: Paul Stamets
    If you ever wonder and care about how our food grows and why, and how mother earth is truly hard wired for global communication then read away. Simply a fantastic read and one gains an understanding of the inner workings of SOIL. This is real inspiration and one of the best educations I have gained from a book, and like The Biology of Belief, should be included in our national academic program.

I know I got carried away, but four weeks is a long time and all these books can be read in a short amount of time. And if not finished, the flight should eat up several hundred pages.

Wishing you all the highest and greatest good,

Jimmy Jangles

28. Ellen from Davis says:

Enjoy Peru!

I just finished Stress Less by Thea Singer, and I think you’d find it fascinating.

Cheers!
    Ellen

29. cid says:

Like the videos and the articles.
    But both in one day is hard to do,
    usually one gets sacrificed keep it but very hard to get back to the it.

Love Kitty’s suggestion, do just “one” a day. (Either a video or an article per day)
    Would be appreciated and the plus is less work for you. πŸ™‚

30. mark e says:

It seems I get couple of emails and an RSS feed or two from you on a regular basis (daily? every other day?). There is some overlap between the two sources and I have yet to completely wrap my head around which source is which and what to expect from either.

What I mean by that is, I haven’t yet figured out if the RSS feed is the same thing as the email or if both are pointing to different content. More importantly to me, I have not yet figured out if I can cancel one because I’ll still get the content through the other so I don’t have the duplicate information hitting me twice each day.

One thing I can say for sure, though, is that it seems the number of links and paragraphs you write concerning things you are selling has really SKYROCKETED in the past couple of months. Though I understand you are running a business, I, personally, find it annoying and a bit of a turn off to have to dig through so many ads just to get to the content.

So my question for you would be, could you tone down the selling a bit? Though I love your videos and written content, I spend less time here in recent days because of it.

That’s my two cents, thanks!

31. bella says:

Of the many books I have read over the years, these books (below) have BLOWN ME AWAY!!!!

“Sensitive Chaos” by Theodor Schwenk (the creation of flowing forms in water and air – fascinating!!! and shows importance of the ‘flow’ of our drinking water)

“The Energetics of Food” by Steve Gagne (shows the energetics of individual foods – their Temperament [warm/dry/cool//damp], their Direction [up/down/in/out], their Position in body [upper/middle/lower] and their Rhythm [fast/slow/regular/irregular]. Very comprehensive. Not a ‘raw’ book – it shows the energetics of different cooking methods too but for raw enthusiasts who struggle with winter his detailed account of the energetics of food is great – and for those not 100% raw it shows the best cooking methods for warming etc. Warning – it IS complex!

“Refuse to Choose” by Barbara Sher (for those who have MANY interests in life and feel they don’t fit into the ‘One’ career life – this is an amazing explanation and has fantastic solutions)

“Journey Into Nature” by Michael Roads (by a fellow Australian, this fascinating book explains his experience going into meditations with different aspects of nature – trees, water, rocks, etc – and explains his communication with them. Absolutely beautiful book and i re-read again every few years)

Hope this helps! Enjoy your journey…
    PS i prefer articles – love to choice to skim through them quickly OR read slowly in detail – videos you don’t have that option…

32. pat says:

Wouldn’t the nutrition in green smoothies and juices be about the same? Smoothies seem better to me because they include all the fiber. Am I missing something?

33. jackie says:

I love your videos, but since you started with your blog, they aren’t easy to access any more. It’s annoying to have to keep copying and pasting the link to see them; it was much better before, when they were sent separately. On the survey I responded that I liked both, and I do enjoy reading your blogs, but it’s almost getting to be too much now since you’re becoming like “the others” out there in health computerland. I find myself starting to skip some of them (thus skipping the videos as well since the link is in the blog), whereas I never skipped the videos before. You and AnnMarie were/are totally unique, the videos didn’t take much time to watch, and looking at your cute faces and Johnny 5 was a bright spot in my day! But now there’s just too much to read…there is so much information from different sources out there now that it’s almost impossible for one person to read everything every day, and though your blogs are great, they require us to use up even more time. Why don’t you incorporate those ideas into your videos and carry on as before?

34. bella says:

one more book! “The Brain That Changes Itself”
    ( http://www.normandoidge.com/normandoidge/MAIN.html )
    … am sure you’ve read it by now but if not, do your LIFE a favour!!!

35. Denise says:

I agree with some of the others…. “…number of links and paragraphs you write concerning things you are selling has really SKYROCKETED in the past couple of months… find it annoying and a bit of a turn off to have to dig through so many ads just to get to the content.”…”since you’re becoming like β€œthe others” out there in health computerland”…

In other words, you repeat yourself often… hard sell… turn off. Of course you need to sell products, and all of this doesn’t negate the value of what we do end up reading on your site. Your team is doing wonderful things for all of us, and I certainly appreciate that.

36. holly says:

You are well balanced. videos are great to listen to while getting ready for the day. It feels like a friend checking in on me which has meant a lot to me lately. Reading Celestine Prophecy for the first time on a trip to Peru would be fun. Have you tried ‘Influencer’? a challenging intellectual read, I think. Great stories of success, particularly Mimi in San Francisco! Talk about changing lives…
    You must have quite an impact on many people, some actually stirred to complain about the extra ordinary service you are giving! So cool:) Rock On!

37. sharon says:

Guess each subject lends itself to EITHER a blog post or a video. Some things you just have to show us, and others you can tell us. I do like the written word more because I can read it faster than watch a video. (Life is all about how much one can get done in the least amount of time πŸ™‚

A couple of book suggestions: “Integral Life Practice,” and “Healing Our Planet, Healing Our Selves,”

38. Cyndi says:

I like the videos. I don’t think you need to do them every day though.

Books:
    I second several others on Lipton’s “Biology of Belief”. Add: “The Biology of Transcendence”, by Joseph Chilton Pearce.

A new favorite of mine that is one of a few books I have felt a divine presence in, is Stuart Mooney Jr.’s “American Buddha”. Also available as an ebook from his site: americanbuddha.net

If you haven’t read it yet, the classic, “The Red Lion” by Maria Szepes will keep you absorbed.

Someone mentioned Michael Roads books, he has several new ones, I would suggest intuitively picking out one of his books. The new ones “Through the Eyes of Love, Journeying with Pan” looks great. http://www.michaelroadsusa.com

39. Daralene says:

Tibetan Book of the Living and Dying. I thought it would be very technical but it is wonderful and beautiful. Wishing you a wonderful trip.

40. Angela says:

Hey Kevin –
    Two book suggestions –

The Art of Power by Thich Nhat Hanh
    and
    Shadows on the Path by Abdi Assadi

41. Denise says:

Healing Code, by Alex Lloyd. OUr chiro just recommended it and the Amazon reviews look good. Enjoy!

42. Carmen says:

Hi Kevin,

I can recommend “Busting loose from the money game” from Robert Scheinfeld. Its a fantastic book and can change your life if you give it a try. Great read!

Regards

Carmen

43. marijke says:

The 40 rules of love by Elif Shafak, brilliant and unusual. It will have you spellbound!

44. Brooke says:

Hi Kevin! Since you are going to Peru, you should read “The Celestine Prophecy” by James Redfield. The book takes place in Peru. It’s an easy read and it will make you think about your philosophy of life πŸ˜‰

45. Nadia says:

Hi Kevin,
    I prefer the videos to the articles. I don’t often have time to sit and read a long article and all the comments after it, but I can almost always find time to watch a short video and read it’s comments.
    Also I liked when you use to make your interviews available as a download. I don’t like having to ‘watch’ an audio interview in 5-10 minute segments. I much rather listen to an interview in its entirety and at my leisure.
    Thanks for all you are doing and for asking for our opinions, hope they help you to get better and better.

46. Joe W. says:

“Spiritual Enlightenment The Damnedest Thing” and the other books by Jed McKenna. It’s not what you think and it will blow your mind, if you dare πŸ™‚ Entertaining and insightful!
    Cheers!

47. Joe W. says:

I also seconds Carmen’s (Comment #42)choice of Robert Schienfeld’s material. The books are great and his new material (the on-line course) is even better. Another excellent one that is free and priceless is John Sherman’s message. You can download free .pdf’s from his site.
    Enjoy!

48. Annelies says:

Hi Kevin,

Just read the reviews and judge for yourself… I picked the Kindle versions for you πŸ™‚
    Number 1: http://www.amazon.com/Frequency-ebook/dp/B001QNVPYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1HC3MLVT7QPHY&s=digital-text&qid=1304546859&sr=1-1

Number 2:

By the way: in the number one thing you’ve learned this week you briefly speak about a talk you did on setting up an (online or offline) health business. I am at the verge of doing such a thing in The Netherlands – you’ve got to start small πŸ™‚ Do you happen to have some of that content on video/in text? I would be very interested… Thanks and have a great month in Peru (I just got back from a four month world trip, so I know what it feels like to be away for a while (even if it is not as long as you would have wanted)! Enjoy, Annelies

49. Beth says:

I get your RSS feed in Google Reader, so I can watch the videos there, but have to go to your actual site to read the articles.
    Maybe others are doing the same?

50. sarah says:

I agree with the previous posts.
    Too much content! It’s all very interesting but it’s very difficult to keep up with all of it. I prefer 1 video or 1 article per day.
    Try it for a week and check the results.
    Just a suggestion.
    πŸ™‚

51. Lori says:

I also would prefer one video or article per day.
    Smoothies VS Green juice, which is the better choice to start the day and why? Is it beneficial or not to add kifer, avocado, nuts, seeds and or raw eggs to a smoothie?