Delicious Onion Bread Recipe : Renegade Health Show Classic

Wednesday Apr 6 | BY |

Hey guys, I have some bad news…

My computer just spit out a “Windows file: \SYSTEM\IS\COMPLETELY\BROKEN\DONT\EVEN\TRY\TO\FIX\IT” message and I’m without a computer here in Sedona.

A few days ago, I ordered a new one because there were some signs that mine was starting to die – so I’m lucky, but that doesn’t help me in Sedona right now. I basically have two options here, I can buy a cheap computer here, which I’ll have no use for in 5 days, or I can wait until I get home and use the new one that I ordered.

I decided to choose option #2. What this means is that I can’t render or make videos for the last three days of this week. I can still do articles, so that’s not an issue!

In terms of shows, it’s a different story. What I can do is provide you with some of the best Renegade Health Shows in the meantime. 🙂

This episode is with our friend Shea and in it she shows you how to make the most amazing onion bread. I still think about this recipe, it’s that good.

Check it out…

Here’s the recipe…

3 lbs Sweet Onions chopped
1 cup ground sunflower seeds
1 cup ground golden flax seeds
1/2 cup olive oil
3 oz Tamari
Agave to taste

Mix all together. Spread out evenly over Teflex sheet, will make two trays. :-)

Thanks to Shea from www.everybodycleansing.com and Cafe Gratitude!

1. Jeff says:

Honestly, didn’t have any interest in the onion bread recipe whatsoever. But I have to admit I still watched the episode because of how totally attracted I am to Shea!! She’s so strikingly HOT I could watch her do her thing all day!

2. yah get an iphone- does the lot including i can blog from it. Scary little thing sometimes also use it to call people 🙂

3. Beth says:

I enjoy the videos more than the articles, so watching a Classic isn’t an issue. Especially one that looks this good. Yum!

4. Athena says:

I love the onion bread I get from my local raw food spot, it is a little different just because they use brown flax instead of golden. Thanks for the video, everyone should at least try this yummy onion bread! I wish I had a dehydrator at home so I can go crazy while my husband is deployed, lol.

5. Debbie says:

Thank you Kevin Annmarie and Shea, I enjoyed this video, it gives me something new to dehydrate and I miss seeing Shea and her show from Cafe Gratitude 🙁 Happy day to you all.

6. Debbie says:

Oh yeah my favorite thing to dehydrate is Crackers it’s really all I ever “make” in it, otherwise I use it a lot to dry my nuts and seeds etc. (:

7. Favorite thing to dehydrate: Sunburger from Healthy Gourmet. At least the carrot pulp displaces the vast fattiness of these raw gourmet-ish recipes so as to at least TRY to maintain some semblance of human nutritional health and performance! And…If you do not want to juice carrots to get the pulp, the burgs can also be made with “cusinarted” (Yeah Sheah!) mushroom “meat”. PS: Kevin good luck with your ‘puter.

8. Trevor says:

I’ll bet that wasn’t even 2 oz of Tamari…

Be nice, Kev…

9. Paul says:

I dry nuts and seeds as well as flax crackers,onion bread,wrappers,and sun burgers. Thanks, this onion bread is easier than the one I make, I plan to switch recipes.

10. sheri says:

Thanks so much, this looks so good. We like to make apple cinnamon granola, from Rene Oswald’s book, also her cracker recipes and fruit roll ups for the kids.

11. Hi i am new to this. Can I make this onlion bread ina slow oven daliya

12. Pamela Pollock says:

thanks for this version of onion bread. i have been using nomi’s version which has the same first set of ingredients, but she uses dates and raisins instead of agave. i just made a batch of her’s this morning and was pleased to come and find another version here this afternoon. i added caraway seed to 1/2 of the batch and fresh rosemary leaves from my garden to the other batch. friends came over for tea this afternoon and freaked over the smell of it dehydrating in the kitchen! i was bummed that it wasn’t ready to give to them. have a lovely day!

13. Mary says:

that was great ….love the old shows..inspiring to watch someone making raw food things!

I haven’t tried onion bread because I find it hard to get the really sweet kind….you never know what you’re getting. I want to try it now, though, as I miss eating bread alot.

I dehydrate kale chips more than anything else.
    I used collards, too, the other day and they were good..thin as paper and crispy but I like it that way..probably will always like kale best. I do anyway…

I’ve also made lettuce chips and they’re good, too.
    And I like to make the cilantro/lime pistachios and pepitas like the Gone Nuts people, but mine aren’t as good!

14. phil says:

the onion bread looks great and it does seem really easy. i also have to agree with jeff above, shea is strikingly hot. i don’t have a favorite thing to dehydrate. it’s not worth the trouble to dehydrate unless what you’re making is real good, so everything i dehydrate is good.

15. Melissa says:

Makes me want to make a carrot pecan burger and add some lettuce tomato and pickle or a raw burger. Yum! Thanks! I have always been intimidated to make raw bread, but this looks so easy!

16. Cindy says:

I have made this bread often. I love it and make different spreads for it and different sandwiches. My husband likes it once it is done, but it makes his eyes water for the first couple hours in the dehydrator. One of my favorite bread replacements.

17. a says:

BTW, we’re in a Mercury Retrograde period astrologically. And it’s know for mechanical and computer breakdowns/glitches as well as communications issues of all kinds and delays. SO I think it’s interesting. You probably would pass it off as coincidence…

18. I don’t have a dehydrator but I have used solar energy to dry tomatoes on the patio. The only trouble is that birds liked them too!

19. Jackie says:

Get an Apple you’ll have no problems and no viruses.

20. Doris Dejwakh says:

I’m not familiar with some of the terms in the recipe, and I can’t get the video, ’cause I’m in China and Utube is blocked here. Tamari? Teflex? Please explain! Does this have to go in a drier? How about a toaster oven on a low heat? Will that work? How about if I use sesame seeds instead of flax? Don’t think I can find flax here… Thanks for the recipes! Looking forward to the next one!

21. Blair says:

KALE CHIPS!!! or crackers made from juice pulp!

22. Sara Rice says:

how ironic that I had just attempted to finish dehydrating the onion bread i was making and almost identical recipe except I was using chia seed instead of flax. But for some reason it would not dehydrate fast enough even after 10 hrs.

23. Jo says:

Just simply bananas are our favourite dehydrated snack. Wish we still had our dehydrator now!

24. Tyra McMahon says:

o.k. I just clued in that these are older videos. Makes sense. Cause I was thrown by Kevin saying” It tastes good and that’s all that matters for I know you wouldnt’ say that now. And also the use of Agave for you don’t like to use that anymore. But still the bread sounds quite yummy! I will try it and substitute the agave for the coconut nector and use coconut aminos instead of the tamari.

Thank you!!

25. marilyn says:

My favorite so far is the kale chips but after seeing this wonderful looking onion bread i will have to give this a try.

Thanks for sharing

gratefully yours

26. rainbow says:

it was great to see this video again. i made it shea’s way the first time i made it, and it was a big hit with everyone i shared it with. then as i often do, i tried more things with it and discovered to my and many other’s delight, this recipe is almost as boundless as it is wonderful. i mostly make it as crackers, and just some of the ingredients i’ve tried are soaked chia, almonds (soaked and chunked in the food processor first), garlic, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and lots more. i often add sprouted lentils, have used sprouted rye. this recipe opened up a whole new world of dehydrating for me, so this is definitely one of my favorite things to use it for. i also love dried bananas, and many other fruits. so thanks for the reminder of this food’s beginnings.

also kev, i empathize with you about your computer issues. just dealing with that myself. argh.

thanks for all you all do. peace for all life. aho. rainbow

27. June Savage says:

I made this twice, but added 2 medium size grated zucchini the second time just to cut down on the onion flavor. It was awesome!!!!! Plus that makes it lower in carbs as well as onions are higher in carbs, if you are interested in that aspect of eating.