The Dangers of Bone and Osteoporosis Drugs (Bisphosphonate) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #795

Monday Apr 4 | BY |

Our theme this week will be preventing bone loss…

There are side effects associated with everything you take, but when a side effect is the exact thing that you’re attempting to prevent, this becomes an issue.

In this episode, Dr. J. E. Williams discusses the dangers of bone and osteoporosis (bisphosphonate) drugs and why you need to be cautious if you take them.

Your question of the day: Do you know anyone on bone drugs?

To learn a natural way to build strong bones and prevent bone loss, please click here: Prevent Bone Loss Naturally

1. Linda Miller says:

I have a friend who was taking it – not sure if she still is or not. Another friend tried it but she couldn’t handle it so discontinued.

2. Ellen says:

I have been on Rainbow Light Calcium Plus for 13 years..I am 67 and my bone test is perfect. Fell over my cat and went face down on a hard wood floor and landed on my hip and shoulder. No problem. I swear by this product. It has a ratio of 500 mg. of calcium to 1000 mg of magnesium.

3. jasmine says:

I know someone who took a drug from this class of drugs for osteoporosis for years and recently she stepped off a sidewalk curb and broke a bone in her leg. When she went to the doctor, the doctor said her bones were at 100% risk of fracture and that in fact her bone was probably fractured before she stepped off the curb. The doctor told her that this type of fracture is the one they are seeing as an effect from the bone drug she was on. She also broke her wrist in the fall.

4. Kuru says:

Dr. Christiane Northrup speaks of this major fault of drugs. She also says that loss of bone density does not necessarily mean one is at risk of fracture.

5. I’ve heard that vibrational machines work for bone loss. I have one now, but I have not been tested yet. I take horsetail root for my bone loss. Like I said I have not been tested yet.

6. Carol says:

I actually took Fosamax for a couple of years and had to stop when I began having extreme darting pains in my bones. The dr then recommended I take Actonel but by that time I had begun reading on the dangers of these drugs so I opted to not take any of them. That was about 8 years ago and thru watching what I eat and exercising, I’ve actually had better results had my bone scans. My younger sister who was also on Fosamax and then chose to go with taking a calcium supplement with no exercise, has seen much worse bone loss.

7. Kuru says:

Susan Weed has had remarkable results at restoring bone loss using Nettle, Oatstraw, and Horsetail. http://www.susunweed.com/An_Interview-Weed3.htm

I’m bought Dr. Williams’ talks and am interested to hear what he suggests and some case studies of improvement. Glad to hear the program is 2 hours instead of 4; manageable! Thanks all.

8. Jana says:

My mom was taking fosomax. She’s 83 and I became involved with her doctor visits last summer. I was astonished to learned she took a dozen or more prescriptions every day, and when her recurring uti’s reappear, she is expected to take cipro.

One thing I’m hoping will give me a double benefit is drinking filtered water from glass gallon jars. They weigh 3 pounds empty and 12 pounds full. I wonder if my bone strength is benefiting at all from schlepping these bottles around every day? I have a smaller version of the same thing going at my mom’s house. Her containers are half gallon glass pitchers.

9. I am blown away by the number of people I know that are on these drugs… and have never considered that diet could factor into their bone health. Kevin, will you address (or have the doc address) what types of foods contribute to bone density loss?

Thanks… as always,
    Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate

10. Theres says:

My mom takes Fosomax. I tried to convince her to stop taking it but she wouldn’t listen to me. Maybe Dr. Williams’ talk will help her. Thank you guys!

11. Jackie says:

I am thankful for all of the free information you provide to us, Kevin. I am really disappointed that all the preventing bone loss “secrets” will only be available in the $39 program. You really piqued my interest with the two shows about this topic! Please share with us a couple ways we can keep our bones strong naturally! I would rather purchase tangible products from your store to support you guys than audio programs. On that note, I am LOVING Annmarie’s skin care products. I have used them for three weeks and I am extremely happy with everything!

12. Tracy says:

Thanks for the heads up about these drugs. We enjoy your website very much. Keep up the good topics! I do have to second what Jackie, the commenter before me, said. I, also, would rather purchase tangible products from your supplement store than audio programs regarding bone loss.

13. Kim says:

I do know someone who was on the drugs for a long time. Can the damage done be reversed?

14. jasmine says:

Awwwww Kevin, LOVE the bone program, SO HELPFUL!!! One question. How come you are making it so hard to print out. I had to cut up my good art paper to print it with your layout (and still be a readable print size) – I mean… I DID pay the 39.95 price already, surely I can have an easier print out option, no?. I just don’t like to read on the computer screen, prefer the bathtub! 🙂

PS. Also, check your title numbers for modules 1 & 11 as they need to be corrected.

Cheers, these are minor details, truly. The real gem is in what you and Dr. Williams provided. Thanks for healing the world with your work. xo