An Unbelievable Mushroom Bruschetta : The Renegade Health Show Episode #787

Wednesday Mar 23 | BY |

http://www.therenegadehealthshow.com – This raw food recipe for mushroom bruschetta is killer…

I don’t even know if it’s “legal” to make bruschetta with mushrooms, but if you make this and try it, you won’t even care – it’s that good.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: What is your favorite mushroom?

Here’s the raw food recipe for mushroom bruschetta!

Mushroom Bruschetta

1 cup mixed mushrooms, wiped clean and chopped
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped into small trees
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp leak, cut thin and into 1/2 rounds
1 teaspoon of thyme

Dressing:

1/4 cup Olive oil
1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Sea salt
sprinkle of red pepper flakes

Once you have everything chopped combine in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top and let marinate for at least one hour before serving.

Serve on a bed of Romaine leaves or with your favorite savory cracker. Enjoy πŸ™‚

Kev and Ann

Kevin Gianni is a health author, activist and blogger. He started seriously researching personal and preventative natural health therapies in 2002 when he was struck with the reality that cancer ran deep in his family and if he didn’t change the way he was living β€” he might go down that same path. Since then, he’s written and edited 6 books on the subject of natural health, diet and fitness. During this time, he’s constantly been humbled by what experts claim they know and what actually is true. This has led him to experiment with many diets and protocols β€” including vegan, raw food, fasting, medical treatments and more β€” to find out what is myth and what really works in the real world.

Kevin has also traveled around the world searching for the best protocols, foods, medicines and clinics around and bringing them to the readers of his blog RenegadeHealth.com β€” which is one of the most widely read natural health blogs in the world with hundreds of thousands of visitors a month from over 150 countries around the world.

1. Veronika says:

Shiitake!

2. Barbara W. says:

Shitake and portabella. Recipes looks yummy. πŸ™‚

3. eyla says:

Mushrooms are my nemesis!
    I don’t like them and they don’t like me.
    It’s great to see you in your very own kitchen though πŸ™‚

4. Dee says:

I am not a fan of mushrooms, but this definitely looks good.

5. Oh that looks soooo yummie!!! I HAVE to do this today πŸ˜€

I love portabella and shitake as Barbara! =))

6. shine says:

button
    made this and just eaten it..was fab thankyou

7. scott c says:

Crimini mushrooms because they are cheap and delicious and remind me of eating them out of the pan when my mom cooked them.

And Chantarelles because they are amazing and have so many layers of flavor.

8. Leam says:

Don’t really care to eat mushrooms. I’m a little surprised that an Italian would mispronounce bruschetta – bru’sKeta. Sorry Annmarie.

9. Nadia says:

I like baby bellas and crimini mushrooms. Watching the video gave me the idea of making lettuce wraps like this. Chop everything up smaller and add different seasonings, then serve it with lettuce leaves for wrapping. YUM!

Marinaded mushrooms like this are great to add to any wrap or soup.

Thanks for the ideas!

10. Portabella is my fave! Big fat one in a raw sandwich is so delicious. I’ve been trying to stay away though as I have heard something unpleasant about them, like that mold tends to grow on them or some such thing, maybe you guys can comment on the healthfulness of eating raw mushrooms?

11. Jane Gudge says:

i thought bruschetta was bread?
    and as someone living in the mediterranean i can assure Anne maria her pronuciation is correct

12. oreganol says:

I can’t imagine Kev waiting an hour for the veggies to marinate. I’m sure he would have eaten it long before the hour was up. LOL.

13. Gini says:

I’m obviously the only one that thinks mushrooms should be cooked. You did a raw mushroom recipe about a year ago that my body actually cringled at. So I just did an internet search for other opinions about it- copied below.

I found this on Give it to me Raw:
    David W. , Gabriel Cousins, and Robert Young to name a few, all agree I believe that raw mushrooms contain carcinogenic compounds, dangerous molds of mycotoxins, and “mutagenic enzymes in mushrooms and you have to destroy those with heat” (David W. from Best Day Ever entry).
    BUT! That extracts in medicinal mushroom powders are good because they exclude the natural toxins.

Also
    Directly excerpted fro Gabriel Cousen’s book Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine, pg. 26:
    “Edible mushrooms are another common food that is highly mycotic. Mushrooms are acid forming and full of mycotoxins. All contain various levels of amanitin. Some are immediately poisonous and others with lower concentrations may cause slower moving chronic diseases. One cancer researcher, Dr. B. Toth, found that the mycotoxins in mushrooms were associated with cancer of the lungs, liver, thyroid, nasal cavity, stomach, colon, and gallbladder in mice. According to Sick and Tired all mushrooms contain a minimum of five active ingredients that have been shown to cause cancer in animals.”

Also
    the new whole foods encyclopedia” reads:
    “the contemporary practice of eating raw mushrooms lacks historical precedence – and with good reason. Carcinogenic compounds found in raw common mushrooms are destroyed in cooking.”
    The author, Rebecca Wood is an expert on Ayurvedic and chinese medicine.

14. Morel is my fave. I foraged them in Nebraska where I grew up on a farm

15. Gen says:

I love all mushrooms, especially wild foraged ones. I tend to agree with Gini that they need to be cooked a little though.

16. Gini says:

Annmarie,
    I reread my message (#13) and didn’t mean to be so blunt (a fault of mine). I do appreciate your recipes. Pleae comment on why you think they are beneficial raw.

17. Barb Rysdale says:

All I want to say is – Keep it up – this is so refreshing – you are willing to give your knowledge out there – you got the product thing going – you are doing it right. Don’t change a thing.
    Thanks and thanks again, Barb

18. Woofgang says:

Cremini! I love you guys – always entertaining and fun to watch your videos. One tip though, bruschetta is pronounced “brew-sket-uh” – the “ch” is a hard “k” sound.