Rene’s Homemade Kale Chip Recipe : The Renegade Health Show Episode #777

Wednesday Mar 9 | BY |

Annmarie made some delicious kale chips a while back…

I can’t tell you how many people have came up to us (no matter where we are) and said that they love her recipe.

In West Palm, Rene Oswald put together some goodies for us and they included her recipe for kale chips as well.

They’re great and easy to make, so check it out…

Your question of the day: How do you eat your greens?

To find out more from Rene, please visit: www.RawFoodRene.com.

1. Joshua S-H says:

In a salad for lunch/dinner

2. Leam says:

One forkful at a time…just harvested a large bowl full of spinach, many varieties of lettuce and watercress from the garden for dinner. Yum!

3. Megan says:

I have a weird question and I can’t find an answer on google so I decided to ask you guys! I did somewhat of a fast today for ash wednesday. Thats not the wierd part. The wierd part is that I am really bloated now! This is what I had today:
    5am: 16oz water with lemon
    6am: Green Juice of mixed greens, celery and an apple
    9am: 16oz herbal tea
    1pm: salad (greens, yellow pepper, cucumber, tomato, avacado, flax oil, salt, okra, little bit of hummus)
    3pm: 16oz water
    5pm: Smoothie with 8oz almond milk, 2 small bananas, about 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and a scoop of vanilla sunwarrior powder
    7pm: 8oz water
    8pm: 8oz green tea

So mainly liquids…not really a total fast cause i had a salad and a smoothie but I had to teach a workout class at 5:30 so I didn’t want to eat completly nothing. So now I am really bloated and it is super wierd! Any clues???

4. Anneli says:

My guess is, it’s the hummus. As good as it tastes, I only eat it occasionally. Especially if it was made from raw chickpeas…?
    I hope you keep your flax seed oil in the refrigerator! Why not try the newcomer, Sacha Inchi oil that needs no such precautions. It is made of jungle peanuts,mmmhhh. I wish I had had a taste already!

5. Jackie says:

Yesterday I maid some raw biscuits and crackers. I was getting the trays out of the dehydrator and I did see my kids 5 and 12 coming round my back all the time and I thought “What are they doing roaming round here?” Buy the time I got to the biscuits it was clear, there were hardly any left. I said to my boyfriend, “It looks like Kevin Gianni was here in the kitchen.” lol. Anyway they liked them apparently.

6. Dee says:

Salads, I love salads. These chips look so good.

7. Love the recipes!! But sometimes it takes so much time for the video to load, depending on where you are and which device you use. Love it when you guys also post the recipe underneath the video, especially to go back later and just make!! Kale Chips rock. If ONLY the government subsidized Kale………………..

8. Alyssa Boyle says:

I make a version of these chips with cashews and zucchini. I spice them with Mexican spices for “nachos,” and Italian spices and sun-dried tomatoes for “pizza” chips. Even my carnivore friends devour them! They are pretty economical compared to the pre-packaged ones from the health food store. And yes, it is ALWAYS best to make a double batch! :)))

9. Nadia says:

Get my greens mostly from fresh green juices… but love salads too and of course kale chips.

Megan, sometimes during a cleanse bloating can be caused by parasites being activated or by impacted fecal matter being released. Some sort of colon cleanse is usually helpful while cleansing, either an enema, colema or colonic.

10. Rene says:

Here’s the Recipe:

Crunchy Curry Kale Chips
    Makes 9 trays of chips!
    ———————————————-

1 1/2 cups raw sunflower seeds, sprouted and dehydrated

Place seeds in high-speed blender and pulse chop on medium speed until finely chopped. (Just takes about 7 pulses—if done too many times the seeds get hot and turn to a butter consistency)

3 bunches of kale (about 60 leaves)

Remove the spine from the kale leaves and break kale into palm size pieces. Place kale in large bowl.

1/2 cup raw sesame seeds, soaked in water for 8 hours or 1/3 cup tahini
    1 red pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1 1/2” pieces
    2 stalks celery
    1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1 Tablespoon curry powder
    2 teaspoons onion granules
    1 teaspoon cumin powder
    1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
    1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt (optional)

Combine above 7 ingredients in high-speed blender and run on high speed until smooth. Pour over the kale leaves and massage until all leaves are covered. Place on dehydrator trays lined with teflex sheets. Sprinkle crushed sunflower seeds over the kale. Dehydrate at 105 degrees Fahrenheit for about 8 hours or until crisp. Try not to eat them too fast, they are very addictive!

11. s.celsen says:

thanks rene for your recipie, i am really tired of cashew this and cashew that and cashews in EVERY raw food recipie!

12. Lori says:

Two glasses of green juice and one smoothie with greens and avocado every day. Salad and steamed green veggies when eating away from home. Thank you for the recipe, it sounds wonderful!

13. barbara says:

great kale chips recipe. thanks.

I get my greens from green juicing with celery, cukes, parsley, (if I have spinach, cabbage and kale).
    Green smoothies my base is spinach and any other greens I have plus avocados,

kale chips, & I eat avocados love them, zucchini pasta with homemade vegan raw pesto, salads,

and on cold, and or damp CT winter days I lightly steam greens, green beans or broccoli and make soup from the juiced vegetable pulp, slow cooked on simmer.

14. barbara says:

Forgot to mention, now that I saw a super easy way to make sprouts with AnneMarie, I will sprout. I ocassionally buy them to put on my
    salads.

and I take blue green algae capsules.

15. eyla says:

Green juice, green soups, chlorella, whatever is about, the juice is my favourite!

16. Sara says:

Megan- You consumed a huge amount of smoothie,tea,juice as well as water and salad. Anyone would be bloated. Add up the volume. Certainly very healthy food but not a fast.

17. vickie says:

Renee-thanks for posting the ingredient list, that is very helpful. I don’t have a dehydrater. Can this be made in an oven and about how much time/temp. would I need to give it?

18. kathi says:

what is a good dehydrator??

thanks

19. I put different kinds of Kale and spinach leaves in my smoothies. I also make meat wraps. They are kind of like sandwich wraps only without the “wrap”. I don’t eat much bread and try to stay away from gluten. I get lunch meat from Whole Foods (no nitrates). I spread some homemade hummus on it, thinly slice some avocado, lay on some greens (kale leaves, spinach, etc), some slices of red bell pepper and then roll it up like a wrap.

20. Marie says: