Delicious Recipe for Homemade, Gluten-Free Italian Wraps (Part 2) : The Renegade Health Show #773

Thursday Mar 3 | BY |

Yesterday, we teased you with Part 1 of how to make these awesome raw food Italian wraps…

Now, today, we “wrap” it up for you.

Your question of the day: What would you put on your wraps?

Here’s the recipe:

Homemade, Gluten Free Raw Italian Wraps

1 medium red pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1 1/2” pieces
1 small sweet onion, quartered or 1 teaspoon onion granules
1/2 cup water

Place red pepper, onion and water in high-speed blender and run blender for 2 second intervals at low speed until medium chopped. Strain off water and reserve for later. Transfer red pepper and onions into large mixing bowl. Pour water back into high speed blender.

4 carrots, cut into 1 1/2” pieces
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 15 minutes
2 cloves garlic
1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for 8-10 hours
1/2 cup buckwheat groats, soaked for 15 minutes, let sit for 8-10 hours
2 Tablespoons tomato powder
1/16 teaspoon cayenne

Add above ingredients to blender with reserved water and run on high with tamper until smooth. Transfer mixture to the large mixing bowl with the red pepper and onion.

1 cup ground flax seed
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons basil
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Stir the above ingredients into the batter in the large mixing bowl. Spread the batter onto 4 dehydrator trays lined with Teflex sheets. (There will be about 1 cup of batter on each sheet.) Place another Teflex sheet on top and roll to edges with a rolling pin. Remove top Teflex sheet and dehydrate at 105 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours. Then flip over onto dehydrator tray with mesh sheet and peel off remaining Teflex sheet. Continue dehydrating a few more hours until dry, but still flexible. Top with your favorite vegetables and salad dressing or sauce or use as a pizza crust.

If you want to learn more about Rene, please visit here: http://reneoswald.com/

1. Nadia says:

mmmmm looks delicious! I would put avocado, sprouts and a bit of miso paste inside (no salt needed if you use miso paste).

These look like they would be great dehydrated into crackers too… to crumble on salads or in wraps.

Thanks for sharing!

2. lisa says:

i thought rene mentioned in the video that you sell tomato powder on this site? i cannot find it anywhere (including on your site). also, wanted to know from annemarie if her mint body cleanser is mild medium or super minty, b/c i have found that mint body washes can burn.

3. Rene says:

For Lisa,
    So sorry, the tomato powder is on my site at http://reneoswald.com/food.html You’ll need to scroll down ..it’s the last item on the page. I’m working on a new website right now that will be easier to navigate!

4. Leam says:

Looks delicious! I’m so glad that there were those few oops in the video because this is exactly how I am in the kitchen. I always leave things out or forget a step. Thank you, Rene, for your gracious display and recipe. I would like to spread it with mashed, cooked white beans and wrap it around a spinach salad. Yum!

5. Karen says:

I have Rene’s book and it is so awesome – everyone should have it. It is chock full of wonderful stuff!! It is also a wonderful reference. Hope you have her on more often.

6. barbara says:

I would fill the wraps with:
    generously spread my homemade raw basil/parsley/ avocado pesto on the wrap,

add sprouts,

chopped cucumber,

grated raw zucchini

sprinkle hemp seeds.

7. mmmm looks really yummie 😀
    I will try this recipe this weekend with my mom!
    I would put sundried tomato sause , avocado, shopped kalamata olives, fresh tomatoes, fresh red pepper, raw corn, some baby spinach and some oliveoil inside I think : )

8. Yamina says:

Hi Annemarie !
    Your guest doesn’t seem to know that mixing buckwheat with lemon, and sunflower seeds with lemon or tomato is the worst combination in the world ! Sorry, but this mixture resembles that one mother used to give to the hens when I was a child ! I persist : a piece of pizza would be more digestible, because the thin tomato coat would be neutralized by the heat, and the acidity flown away, and above all, because one surely will secrete ptyalin, the enzym of, to be short, appetite, that for God’s sake, this dreadful dish, for sure, will dry up for several days !
    Yuck…
    Yamina

9. I noticed the wooden sprout rack in the window because I’ve been looking for something like that. Where can I find something like that (or did you make it)? Thanks!

10. Sounds awesome. Can’t wait to try it although I might use sprouted wheat (from making rejuvelac) instead of the buckwheat. 🙂

11. Jennifer H says:

Is there any way I can make the wrap without a dehydrator?