Delicious Recipe for Homemade Gluten-Free Italian Wraps (Part 1) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #772

Wednesday Mar 2 | BY |

In West Palm Beach, we met up with a friend and author who is really good in the kitchen…

In this episode, Rene Oswald shows you how to make homemade, gluten-free Italian wraps (completely raw!)

After we left, Rene gave us a few and they were fantastic, so we’re really happy to bring them to you!

This is Part 1 or 2.

Your question of the day: What is your favorite Italian spice?

We’ll have the recipe tomorrow with Part 2!

If you want to learn more about Rene, please visit here: http://reneoswald.com/

1. Leam says:

basil, garlic, rosemary…

2. Sarah says:

Thyme! All types!

3. yep, me too – basil

4. Danielle says:

Mine is definitely basil too!! I put it on everything and use tons of it!

5. s.celsen says:

Thyme!

6. Dr. Debra says:

I vote for basil also. Don’t think of garlic as a spice or particularly Italian but I like it a lot also.

7. casey says:

parlsey mmmm

8. Lori says:

basil

9. barbara says:

basil and oregano, I grow both in the summer.

can’t wait for part 2 of the wraps, they look delicious (so far).

10. Anne says:

Oregano of course!

11. oreganol says:

Mine in asil as well, although in the UK we pronounce it differently to you Americans. ba-zil.

12. Mary Kay says:

Hmmmm…can’t decide on my fave It spice.

But I have soaked my buckwheat overnight –actually, I usually do – and have never had a prob with it sprouting!

Thanks for the demo Rene.

13. Kym says:

Great show, Annmarie. Yes, basil here too (http://spezzatino.com/vol-7-basil/) and Italian parsley. Not so keen on that curly parsley — tickles when you eat it. 😉

14. amedea says:

basil, basil, oregano and rosmarin

15. looks spectacular my mouth is watering. hmmm..spice, how do i know if its italian or not? 😛 ill say .. rosemary?
    Oh parsley is pretty good too.. all of them!! 🙂

16. Yamina says:

Hi Annmarie !
    Beurk ! What a mixture ! I’d rather eat a normal piece of pizza ! I am just discovering the american rawfood movement, and am amazed by all those recipes tending to resemble the average meals ! Because of… guess ? Greed ! Frankly, it would be better to eat with appetite junk food rather than those horrible mixtures ! My philosophy is avoid what you cannot eat in its natural state ! And if you are greedy, assume your greed with no culpability ! We are designed to eat fruits, that is the only truth, all the rest is a funny deal with our junk food cravings !
    I was deficient in B12 (eating some ice creams, cookies which I love…) My doctor gave me some pills that I didn’t take. After returning to my fruitarianism, my B12 became normal. “You see, said my doctor ! You’d rather obey to the medical skills ! – You’re right, doctor… Hum… Hum…”
    Thank you for your honesty and please transmit my best wishes to Kevin…
    Yamina

17. Marie1225 says:

Basil for sure! I have it on my window sill right now! Love you Annmarie!

18. fatima says:

basil ,thyme ,oragarno and tarragon

19. Adrianna Dhliwayo says:

HI, this is a response to an older post, not today’s. That raspberry plant in video (about wildcrafted plants in Colorado forest) looked like a thimbleberry to me, they are similar and grow in the same areas, but are a little different. Just wanted to let you know, not criticizing.

20. Donna says:

Oh don’t make me decide! Seriously though, it’s a toss up between oregano and rosemary. I love them both.

Great tips from Rene, especially the ones about garlic! I’d never heard either of those facts before. I’ll definitely start using them. Great tip about the buckwheat too. I have gotten buckwheat groats to sprout after soaking them for longer, but they definitely start going weird and mushy the longer you leave them soaking. Thank you Rene! The wraps look delicious, I can almost smell them from here 😉 I can’t wait to try them.

21. CC says:

Oregano, without a doubt! Rosemary is great also.