Mineralizing Miso Soup with Franky G. : The Renegade Health Show Episode #762

Wednesday Feb 16 | BY |

Annmarie loves Franky G.’s recipes…

This recipe is full of minerals to keep you healthy and sharp.

Your question of the day: Do you like Curry? Yes or no?

Here’s the recipe…

Mineralizing Miso Soup
From Frank Giglio of www.FrankGiglio.com

5 brazil nuts (I generally soak then dehydrate them before using)
2 strips kelp, soaked in warm water until soft
2 Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
1 tsp ume plum paste (optional)
2 tsp curry powder (not sure if you still have Frank’s Blend)
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic
3 Tbsp miso paste
4 cups of warm herbal tea-Gynostema, Nettle, Twig Tea or warm water
1 small chili or cayenne pepper
1?2 cup carrots, roughly chopped

In a high powered blender, blend up all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!

1. Leam says:

Enjoy the taste but often get a headache after eating something spiced with curry. Not sure which ingredient sets me off.

2. Chelsea says:

Dude! I can’t wait to make this! Gah!

3. Chelsea says:

And do I like curry? Yes. And by like, I mean love. And by love, I mean ob-sessed. And by obsessed, I mean absolutely positively infatuated with green and yellow curry; red not so much.

4. Shira says:

Love that recipe! Franky’s got some good ones. I just decanted my 2 year ago garbanzo bean miso a few days ago….wow. There is nothing like the homemade version. I will have to try it out in this soup recipe.

Thanks Kev for all your hard work with the debate…we enjoyed it immensely!

I am a BIG curry fan, I was born right after my mother ate a spicy curry dinner. It always gives me a boost of energy!

5. I love curry!!!! 😀
    I will by some kelp and then try this recipe, thank you guys! ; )

6. I do like curry…just not a lot of it. Mainly use it when making veggie chili 😉

7. Beth says:

I love curry.
    This looks delicious. Time to restock on Kelp.

8. Jonathan says:

Red, green yellow – absolutely love all forms of curry.

9. natalya says:

My kids didn’t like this soup, it came out too soapy and no taste of miso. They refused to eat it and told me that was it was “pretend” miso soup and asked me to make a real one. If I would do this recipe again I would cut all ingredients in 4 exept miso part and wouldn’t blend kelp, but cut it in strings and NO curry.

10. Connie says:

Yes, curry is my favorite spice. I would like to try your recipe. Has anyone else tried it? Do you need a Vitamix for it to come out right?

11. Abigail Taylor says:

Hi Kev and Ann, thanks so much for sharing. I like to see you guys on the Youtube. I do not get the kelp leaves here in St. Kitts, and I feel sure that soup will be delicious. I love curry, and cook it often. God bless. Abi.

12. jackie says:

Yes, I like curry…need more recipes to use it in. Thanks for all your work with the Great Health Debate.

13. Nihacc says:

Yesh! I love curry 🙂

14. Donna says:

I love miso soup! I still haven’t gotten around to trying any raw soups, I’m almost a little squeamish at the thought of it. I think they could come out tasting really awful, but THIS I could go for. No problem! It will be a good introduction for me, thank you!

Curry… I do like it, but I really have to be in the mood for it. I’ve kind of overdone curry as a spice in different dishes in the past, so I’m a bit more careful now. But yeah, if I’m in the mood for curry I love it. I certainly love the smell of it!

Thanks for all your effort and the great skill you brought to The Great Health Debate, it was awesome! I’m still trying to let all that information sink in, but it has already inspired me and changed my thinking. You were awesome, I hope there is another one.

15. Karen says:

I love curry – and I have Frankie G’s blend. Another of his recipes I absolutely love is his raw tomato soup that also has miso in it.

Thanks so much for doing the recipe shows. It looks like it’s a challenge in the RV.

16. Sharon says:

Definitely like all forms of curry! Especially with Thai basil or cilantro.

17. dara says: