Do You Cheat or Fall Off the Wagon with Your Diet? : The Renegade Health Show Episode #758

Thursday Feb 3 | BY |

Everyone cheats, everyone falls off the wagon…

While in the health world it may not always be diet related, everyone has something that they do that they know – while doing it – is not healthy.

Those who say they don’t… are flat out not telling you the truth.

Here’s how to deal with “cheating” or “falling off the wagon” when it happens and how to stop it from happening more frequently.

Your question of the day: When was the last time you fell off the wagon and what did you to do correct your path?

1. Lilith says:

Hi!

I wrote about visiting byondvegetarianism.com =>
    I found this website recently: http://beyondrawfood.com/blog/

This guy i stating it is NOT about raw or cooked or what you eat. It is about Ormus! The micro nutrition! (That is developed in fermentation among other things…)
    So. About the native diets you wrote about (27/1). One thing that is common between all this people is fermented foods!

What about the quero’s? Do they ferment?

Would be interesting to see you dig into the subject! 🙂

2. Diana (Ohio) says:

I did fall off the wagon, but this year instead of kicking myself and feeling guilty throughout the holidays, I decided to just get over it and enjoy my family, friends and, yes,food.

I had a great stress free, guilt free holiday filled with great memories!! Yes, I ate some things I normally don’t and gained a little weight, but I am now back on my regular routine and the weight came off – maybe because it wasn’t stress induced weight?

I think the key here is balance, and getting to the point where I realise eating certain things once in a while is not going to kill me and it does not mean I’m a failure, it means I’m real and only human. I used to be too hard on myself, but it’s time to cut myself a break.

Diana (Ohio)

P.S. I have celiacs, I may splurge in other areas but not in the area of gluten, just like someone severely allergic to peanuts would never splurge on them. Some things you have to draw the line at.

3. Ruth says:

I admire your honesty greatly. I am still only just introducing the practicals, though I’ve read up a bit over the years. I have the compulsion to do this perfectly, yet the practice reminds me I have a way to go. I am managing my idea of perfection better now and doing more, possibly as a result of this. I like the idea that even slip-ups evolve…I see it even at my level. I had the compulsion to get cake recently…I realised I had to go with it…when I got to the supermarket, I realised how terrible they all looked and then I became inspired to buy myself berries for a smoothy instead…big steps for Ruth-kind 😀

4. Usually for me falling off the wagon is eating tons of nuts like the bad ones peanuts.
    Or if I am over someones house and see some hard candy I will have a piece.
    Nothing to crazy for me. Processed junk food just tastes horrible to me.
    Love being on vegan whole foods diet.
    Don’t complain when it is 46 degrees most people right now would love that.

5. Joseph says:

Kev,

What is spirituality?

Thanks

6. Emma says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie!
    First I want to say that I love your show and articals! : )

I fell of my wagon earlier this week by eating some roasted organic peanut butter… It’s one of the very few things that I have been missing since switching to a raw diet last year in April…

I wonder what do you think about peanut butter? Is organic roasted peanutbutter with nothing more added then peanuts and 0.2 % sea salt really SO bad as they say? Does peanut butter like that really contain carcinogen? I have googled this, but it’s really hard to find!!!!!
    So I wonder if you can help me with this? : )

7. Ingrid says:

I fall off the wagon all the time. Heck, I was off the wagon for pretty much the entire 2 weeks I was on vacation up until last week. Feels good to be on loads of fresh greens again though! My system was so clogged. But I don’t feel too bad about ‘sinning’ anymore.

Years ago, I used to feel really terrible and think: ‘Now I’ve ruined the entire week’ and then eat too much crap till Sunday evening.

But then I came across a random article about this very thing, where they said that you shouldn’t be too hard on yourself about it. Rather, realize that you’re only human and that one mistake along the way doesn’t mean you’ve failed.

That put everything into perspective for me. From then on, if I ‘fall off the wagon’ I’m right back on the next day and don’t feel bad about the previous day. So Kevin, your “What can I do today…” really sums it up!

8. It happens about 3 or 4 times a month for me but I try not to beat myself up about it and my body lets me know that it doesn’t appreciate it!!!

9. Betoman says:

The fall-off-the-wagon food at our house is blue corn chips (organic) with sunflower & safflower oil. I grew up on chips and salsa, really good hot salsas, and this is a hard one to shake & break.

10. Betoman says:

… and I correct the fall off the wagon by just starting over. I don’t fret over it.

11. kimme says:

I have special routine that I intuitively do after I have fallen of the wagon nutrition wise. I go into the kitchen, boil some hot water. While waiting for the hot water to boil, I get on my hands and knees and scrub the kitchen floor with a warm wet towel. Then while I drink my hot water I think about what healthy food I most want to eat next…then back on track. If that doesn’t work and I am having an especially hard time getting back on track then I start eating bitter fruits like kumquats or grapefruit and drinking green drinks or green vegetable juices. If that doesn’t work then I pull out my favorite back on track routine. I go for a barefoot hike or beach run and treat myself to something I have wanted to try at a health food store or restaurant. Yes, I fall off the wagon often:)

12. Stephanie says:

I stick to my diet like glue, as I love feeling healthy, and happy. I feel fitter with more energy, than I have ever felt in my life.