My Favorite Green Juice Recipe : The Renegade Health Show Episode #753

Thursday Jan 27 | BY |

Today, I’m going to share my favorite juice recipe with you…

I’ve been drinking this for years and I love it.

It’s green, tangy and spicy all in one.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: What do you like better, lemon or lime?

Kev’s Favorite Green Juice (From “Juiced! The Healthy Way”)

1 cucumber
3-4 kale leaves
3-4 stalks of celery
1 handful parsley
1/2 lemon
1/2 inch ginger

Instructions: Juice. Easy. 🙂

1. Jana says:

I prefer lemon in my green drink, but I use limes more often because my neighbor has a lime tree. I like some apple in my green drinks. I like some coconut water added also. I use a champion juicer. Some ingredients do need some finessing to get through the machine. Example, shorter pieces of celery behave better, and I don’t juice the leafy part. Ginger seems to work best when paired with the citrus. Parsley and sprouts will go through the machine as long as you intersperse with other ingredients that are firm and juicy, like apples and cukes. Same would probably apply to a Jack LaLanne juicer too.

2. Jana says:

….wish there was an edit button! My neighbor gives me permission to pick the limes. I don’t want to sound like a lime pilferer. lol

3. Tamikko says:

yummy recipe! nom nom nom 🙂
    I love lemons!

4. Leam says:

Lemon!
    A few years ago, I visited a very poor, downtrodden eastern European country. They had only a few hours of electricity and water during the day. One family we visited with very little means waited into the late evening for the power to come on to make something special to offer as hospitality. They pull out a Jack LaLanne juicer and made juice from freshly harvested produce! We were so surprised that this humble family from a formerly Communist country had a Jack LaLanne juicer purchased at the local bazaar. What far-reaching impact this man had!

5. Dee says:

Most of the time, lemons. Thanks for these shows on juicing, very motivating.

6. Peg says:

While I use both, I would have to say lime is my favorite. I make a fresh chutney with ginger, salt, and lime.

7. Tyra McMahon says:

mostly lemons but like using lime if I’m juicing cilantro. My basic juice recipe is:

Celery, carrot,cucumber,lemon,different greens each time,apple. Sometimes I’ll use beet without the greens.

I have an Omega juicer which works awesome!!

8. Pat says:

Peg, I would love to hear your recipe.

9. cyntac says:

Love the limes for cooking and lemons for juicing. Thanks for the great green drinks! 🙂

10. Judie says:

Leam, I so enjoyed your Jack LaLanne story. It truly is a small world. I love lime with some things and lemon with others. By the way,Kevin, your hair looks great!

11. Candi says:

Kevin, I love watching your videos! Even just watching you make juice makes me happy. Love your energy and love Annemarie too!! You guys are great.

I’ve enjoyed the Jack-tribute! This juice today looks like a great one. As for lemon or lime…I think I’d prefer lemon especially with the ginger.

Take care and thanks for sharing your dedication to health with all of us!

12. Kuru says:

I would like to see the liquid coming out of the juicer, please. I was interested in how much juice parsley yields, but the camera was on Kevin. Also, the juicer quit because you were pushing it too hard. When you hear the motor slow down, give it a break! Gentle pushing keeps the motor purring.

I love lemons and limes in equal amounts. Meyers lemons are going off here right now; wow, what a yield! But seedy.

Thanks for the juice inspiration! I’ve had some every day this week.

13. Ineke says:

Until we had our green power (which I believe is the next after green star) I had the Champion juicer and I loved it. I did not get rid of it because it is such a strong machine. Unfortunately it does not do wheat grass which we needed after my husband got back from Hippocrates and we are still using it also for wheatgrass.

Leam’s story is very touching. I do know that Europe has quite a number of health institutes where part of the protocol is drinking fresh made juices. I knew and experienced about the benefits of juicing when I was very young. Years ago I had a friend whose husband periodically went to Romania for arthritis treatments in some sort of health institute where he also did mud baths etc.

I haven’t juiced lime yet so I should give this a go. I can imagine that it would be a bit less tart than lemon. I love garlic and ginger in my juices.

14. maria says:

Definitely lemons. 🙂

15. Nicholas says:

Use lemon with an Omega juicer which is great it has a reverse mode
    which makes it easy to unclog but it rarely clogs, its easy to clean and
    is built to last a long time I try to use it every day.

16. Mary Kay says:

Lemon. We use more lemons.

I make much the same juice as you, but often don’t use ginger. Thanks for the inspiration to add more ginger.

I currently have sev’l juicers, and just don’t want to give up my first one – the Jack Lalanne because it just does sch a good job with bulk items–like carrots, cukes, etc – even though I rarely use it.

Leam, your story also brought tears to my eyes!

17. Garrett says:

I am truly amazed. This is the FIRST time any “guru” has dared publish a green drink recipe that was not laced with tons of sugar.

GOOD for you, Kevin!!

I don’t know what is up with all the so called “health gurus” who simply cannot stop peddling the poison, but sugar is the downfall of our entire health system. So, congratulations for having the courage to confront that head-on.

I hear people say all the time: “well, I know my body… and we’re all different… so go stuff it with this business about sugar!” For them, I offer the simple challenge: go without for two weeks.

Lime with ginger and LOTS of cilantro and a little sea salt and a whole avocado and some fresh spring water. Mondo YUMM!! That is my green drink. Just a little lime goes a very long way… so, maybe just a splash… or maybe not at all.

Live AWESOME (no sugar needed!)

Garrett

18. Jonathan says:

Probably lemons, although I love limes too. Kevin, your hair looks great short, and the beard is great too!

19. Page says:

Meyer lemons – tangy and sweet!

20. Not sure why but I use lime a lot in the summer and lemon in the winter…it is a taste thing for me. I put lemon in my teas sometimes as well.

21. Mar Raw says:

The green ones, which ever they are.

22. Blair says:

That is one of my favorite green juices too! I loveeee lemon in my juice and lemon water first thing in the morning to start working my digestive system.

In reference to the question though, I love both lemons and limes.

23. Esther says:

Lemons!!! my favourite food after green salad and avocado

24. symea says:

I make almost the same juice BUT I put a peeled clove of garlic…beet…1/4 apple too! it’s like a meal, you can go all day.I whip it all together in my magic bullet, with water and fresh lime. because it is blended, it is thick and chewy and yummy. sometimes you get a little ginger bite SURPRISE!!!

oh yeah…. i actually prefer limes.

25. noeli says:

Love Lemons in my juice but I am a bit scared because of the acidity for the dents.
    the same for sourcraut. I love juicing sourcrout in my morning juice and of corse it is acid as well. I think a lot of rawies overdo the lemon thing, what do you think?
    Another question is, I would really like to know if there is a lot of protein in green juices??? Is the protein nnow in the pulp or in the juice???
    Is a green juice a good source for protein???
    What do you think about Dr Mercolas comment that fast oxidisers do better with a bit of fat like avocado or flaxseed or so in their green juice???
    Lots of love
    Noeli

26. Michelle says:

Me likes both lemon and lime…in green juices,though, probably lemon more. If you’re a fan of cilantro, green juice tastes great with it!

27. Donna says:

I LOVE lemons!!!! Never thought of putting it in my green juices thanks for the idea. I use a vitimix and nutbag to juice.

28. Anne says:

Well, I like both lemon and Lime. I make a recovery drink for my post workout and I put 2 for 1 Lemon and lime juice in it along with other things.
    However I use lemons more often and have the juice of a lemon in water every morning upon rising. I will use lime in anything curried and that tastes fantastic.

I just bought an Omega juice fountain and am happy to finally start juicing mostly greens and cucumber and celery. Can’t wait.
    Have a great weekend

29. Tony Lee says:

Lemon..although I use a citrus juicer,and pour a full coconut in it too..with rainbow chard pear apple parsley,ginger,and eanything else thats organic with some juice in it..ha ha..and i always juice on an empty stomach because i love to fil the rush it gives me.I always use radish also..
    I would like to hear about how each veggie are fruit can help different organs to heal and rejuvinate..especialy the kidney,s Thanks guys for all of your videos ,They rock my cell,s..

30. Geri says:

Lemons but I use limes also, but definitely lemons. We have lemon and lime trees here so I am lucky and get to choose.

31. debbie says:

I like lemons much better and seldom use lime. I think because you get more juice out of a lemon…….
    Anyway, I have enjoyed this week and thanks for the tribute to Jack……..

green hughs

32. D says:

Lemons hand down. Kevin, I have a question about juicing. I read that centrifugal juicers oxidizes the juice and masticating juicers don’t, so you get more nutrition from the masticating ones. What is your take on this or have you read anything regarding this. Also, the same question for the blender, if you blend smoothies in the Vitamix which is a powerful motor, I wonder if any of the nutrients oxidize?

Thanks a bunch! I also love green juices and just use half an apple to sweeten.

33. Jennie_Raw says:

dude! Did you know that in Trinidad “Limin'” (lime-in) is a verb?? They use it the way way say “hangin’ out” or “chillin'”.
    What are you up to mon’?
    Just limin’!

34. Jennie_Raw says:

and oh yeah- limes for the salad. lemons for the juiced salad!

35. As a little girl about 3 or 4 I remember getting up in the mornings with my mom who always had Jack Lalane on. We would exercise in front of the black and white t.v. together. My mother is also deceased. Brings back good memories of both of my heros!

Lemons or Lime…love them both!

36. James Israel says:

that was funny when you clogged up the juicer….i do the same thing with mine, lol=shalom

37. Lori Shecter says:

I’m with you on the green juice Kev. I don’t like fruit in it. Sometimes if the kale is a little to bitter, I’ll use one carrot to sweeten it a bit. But mostly I just like the taste of the greens. I never used lemon in my green juice though. I will give it a try. I’m new to this and I’m so thrilled with the videos and all of this great information. I love avocado, so thanks Garrett for your receipe.

38. Peg says:

Pat (post number 8) My ginger chutney is very simple. I just chop the ginger very fine, cover with lime juice and salt to taste. For the amounts, I let the lime juice determine the amount of ginger–just so the ginger is covered by the juice. It keeps for several days in the fridge. Besides being very tasty, it is also good for the digestion.

39. Peg says:

hehe–I meant to post to read number eight–I rather like the smiling face, though

40. oreganol says:

I prefer lemons, but there are expensive here in Thailand. Limes are very cheap, so I use them more often.

Another great way to use lemons and limes is to add hot water to the juice and drink first thing in the morning when you get up.

41. Dale Ewing says:

I definately prefer lemons, but when I’m preparing something mexican-oriented, I’ll use limes all the time! Makes it so much better!

And I’m off to make this juice right now!

42. Kristine says:

I use lemons. I cut my cuc in half and start with it and end with it. I pair up dark greens with a stalk of celery in the chute. It seems to process easier that way. I could not imagine starting my day any other way. Green juice forever!

43. Alice Sutton says:

My person love you show, I learn a lots for you and your wife. I love to used lemon in my green drink. It is a great taste.

44. Debbie says:

Lemon

45. Wilhelmina says:

Hi,
    next time try to wrap the small leaf items in a big one like kale nice and tight, then to support it through the juicer I put the celery stalk beside it,and slide the whole “wrap” in the juicer. I find this way I get way more juice out of my leafy greens, like parsley and spinach.This works great for this juicer.

GOOD LUCK,
    Lemons are my fav, just because more available in organic here in Ontario.LOL

46. cheytan says:

I love a good green juice thanks guys!

47. Bob says:

We are new to your site. Today we checked your recipe area and saw you making juice. You mentioned using the fiber in the back container for making crackers. Do you have a recipe for crackers made from the fiber and then dehydrated? Thanks. Bob