A Fun, Non-Alcoholic Mimosa Replacement : The Renegade Health Show Episode #751

Tuesday Jan 25 | BY |

More from our tribute to Jack LaLanne this week…

Today, we have a fun non-alcoholic mimosa type juice that I know you’ll love!

Your question of the day: Do you drink champagne at a toast or do you have something else?

Here’s the juice recipe:

Fruit Fizz (From the Jack LaLanne juice recipe book that came with the juicer!)

1/2 pound raspberries
1 medium orange, peeled
1/4 lime, peeled
1/2 pineapple, skinned
splash of sparkling water

Juice all the fruit, then add water. Enjoy!

1. Emma says:

Om my gosh that looks amazing!!! I really need a juicer so bad!!!
    I have to invest in that…. Which juicers out there would you recommend? On to your question of the day… I just drink water if I am at someone elses house and we have to toast or I drink the champagne if it’s organic : ) But If I am at home and we are having a toast I just mix some fruits like strawberries and oranges =) I try to make juices without a juicer…. not so successful haha but I try at least…. =)

2. Kasey says:

For new years I just had some water when everyone else was toasting with champagne. They made me drink it from a champagne glass though lol.

3. Tyra McMahon says:

I’d drink the champagne mixed in with the drink you just made. Now that would be delicious.

I’m missing my juicer right now for I am far away from home. But I did find some organic non pasturized orange juice.

4. We toast with homemade mead! Check out Jim’s new eBook on how to make your own: http://www.bardicbrews.net/2011/01/the-lore-and-craft-of-mead-ebook-release/

Lisa Marie
    Owner, Rite Chocolate

5. Nadia says:

If it is toast made at our home I will have yummy non-alcoholic and nutritious options.

If I am out somewhere else then I don’t make a big deal out of it. I may hold the champagne glass high to clink glasses with everyone and just do a motion of bringing it to my lips as everyone else does but I won’t drink it. I have also often toasted with water or another drink if those are available.

I honour the toast in my heart and my intention is always one of love for the person, event etc being toasted. I think that is what is important and what is felt.

The recipe you made looks nice and inspires so many ways to make a great tasting drink.

6. Mamabird says:

I do have a Jack LaLanne juicer. It doesnt get rid of all the pulp but its good for a starting juicer till a better one is affordable. I usually run everything thru a nutmilk bag after juicing. I’ve made lots of his juice recipes and they are yummy. He’ll be missed. I use to watch his show sitting next to my grandma in front of her “fancy” black and White TV which got about 4 or 5 channels back then.

7. Steph says:

Last year we toasted with cranberry clementine kombucha that my sister and her husband makes. Yummmmmy!! I’m starting to make my own, so we’ll see how that turns out:)

8. Velda says:

Like Ann Marie, I sometimes drink the champagne. Usually, however, I drink water. Your recipe looks yummy. Will try it. Thank you!!

9. I do not object to a glass of champagne!

10. Geri says:

I usually drink water. You asked if this is getting us back to juicing and I have been juicing every morning since you started this wonderful tribute to Jack Lalanne! Thanks guys!

11. Michelle says:

Champagne all the way!

12. Sheryl says:

I do not attend activities where liquor is served. The radiation from individuals who are drinking is very destructive. You can be around individuals who are drinking and you will start to feel drunk even if you are not drinking. This is due to radiation which comes forth thru the skin and the Ascended Masters say is very destructive. Children who are around adults will also pick up on the destructive radiation and that is why a child that has grown up around such a thing ends up drinking too. Read about Radiation in the Ascended Masters Instruction by Godfrey Ray King.

13. Dairen says:

Jack on the rocks

14. nick says:

When @ a party I will drink a little champagne for a toast but water,juice or tea otherwise.

15. debbie says:

I drink one sip of the champagne………..it is not going to kill you!

I love you guys!

thanks for the tribute……he would be so honored!

HUGS!

16. bob says:

water all the way but this would change the tune of me and my friends. Juicer parties… salut!

17. bob says:

oh, and then there is sparkling water kefir (can be raspberry flavored) or even home brewed kombucha… Mmmmm!

18. suzanne says:

I like to drink sparkling water or if someone has organic sparkling cider, I enjoy that for the toast

19. JT says:

It totally depends on the situation as to which one I drink. Sometimes water, sometimes champagne. I would never make a big deal or inconvenience my host as to make them stop what they are doing to accomodate me. It’s not that big of a deal. You don’t have to drink it. It is the occasion that matters. However, if it is an open bar, I may just get a sparkling water for my toast.

20. I drink the champagne sometimes…everything in moderation…including moderation! 🙂
    I am juicing more because of these videos and as soon as i found out about jack i went in and fired up the juicer in his honor! Your videos always help to keep me on track, especially fitness fridays always give me a boost! Thanks for all the work and love you send out with each show!

21. Christine says:

Absolutely will I drink champagne! Actually, I had some tonight. But I stick to one glass only. During the day and at restaurants I drink a lot of hot water (once I got dirty looks from the waiter/waitress because they don’t make money from it, but I always tip a lot to compensate). … My juicer broker 2 weeks ago, which forces me to get more creative with my VitaMix.

Thank you, Kevin and Annmarie, you work so hard to bring us information that is so amazing. I try to send you lots of new subscribers. My newest addition to my health regime is Oregano Oil.

Hugs,
    Christine

22. Kathleen says:

Won’t it ferment if you let it sit there awhile?

23. Judy says:

Ooohh! Sounds good! I gotta try it! I remember my mom used to workout to Jack’s TV show. She’d put one of the kitchen chairs in front of the black and white tv set and work up a sweat! (Yes Mamabird, I remember too!) Mom is now 91 and going strong!! 🙂

24. Ingrid says:

I drink juice or tea usually. A few times a year I’ll have some red wine.

To Emma (1st comment): I have a Philips HR1861 Aluminium Whole Fruit Juicer and I’m very happy with it. It even came with a DVD by Jason Vale with lots of juice and smoothie recipes. It’s inexpensive and works well.

To Sheryl (comment #12): I understand where you’re coming from and if it was up to me I’d probably illegalize alcohol because of how many lives it ruins. But I spent my childhood in former Soviet Union and have been around a lot of drinking, and still choose to almost never drink.

But it’s nice to hear that other people understand the negative effects of alcohol. And you’re right, even if kids aren’t bothered by it, they shouldn’t be around drunk grown-ups. Peace and sobriety!

25. Cindy says:

It depends on the situation and more so how i am feeling. I will rarely have a sip (even more rarely a glass) of the champagne but usually i will just toast with what i am drinking which is always water.
    I have never juiced berries but i was thinking would it be better to blend them separately and then mix in at the end to get the most from them. I’d like to know if juicing removes the seeds and if so maybe i could strain the blended mix before adding. What do you think. I don’t know about in the US but here in Australia berries, esp raspberries are really expensive. i tend to use frozen ones which might be nice to add an icy touch to this juice.
    I have a question, does he have any recipes or suggestions for the Pulp that is leftover?.
    It seems such a waste to throw it out. If he doesn’t do you? and does it depend on what’s in the pulp.
    thanks and have a great day

26. Charlotte says:

Champagne!

27. Kristine says:

I will have a bit of champagne or wine, but it has to be organic or my ears block! Yes, I am officially allergic to the sulfites used on grapes. I had this confirmed by an ear, nose and throat doctor. Right now I am into Kombucha – love it (in moderation, of course.)

28. This was an amazingly cool recipe. I’ve tried similar recipes in the past. I’ll have to put this on the list. My only issue is I HATE the clean up after using my juicer. It stinks. That’s why I try to just make blended smoothies. I tried a version of this using a great cinnamon smoothie recipe. I just added the Pelligrino and I liked it. It was a lot faster clean up as well. Its a shame they haven’t made a self cleaning juicer yet. Anyway, Thanks for the video!

29. Angela says:

You twoareAbsolutely,Unequivicably?,Beautiful and Adorable (that’s inside… (heart)… and out)…..And I do not drink Alcohol,so I will toast with water/preferably with a lemon/lime in it or some juice….Thank you for all that you do for the health of the Planet and Our lives… AP

30. David Barriga says:

Drink Cranberry everyday for health reasons, but can’t drink enough coconut juice.
    Have used the Champion Juicer for more then 10 yrs.

31. I drink the champagne. Well, the sparkling wine anyway. I have no problem with a glass of wine once in a while. I have even checked out to make sure that the wines I buy are strictly vegan and use no animal products. Organic wine is great if you can find it.