Healthy Oat and Carrot Cookies for Santa and Friends : The Renegade Health Show Episode #722

Wednesday Dec 15 | BY |

I know it’s a funny title…

But, look, do we really want Santa to get even fatter? 🙂

Today, Annmarie has concocted some awesome oat and carrot cookies that will keep Santa’s waist trim.

Your question of the day: What do you think Santa wants?

Here’s today’s raw food recipe:

Oat and Carrot Cookies for Santa

1.5 Cups of Almond Meal
1 cup of raw oats, soaked for at least an hour
1 cup of dates, pitted and chopped
1 cup of grated carrots
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Process all ingredients in a food processor until it forms a cookie dough. Scoop out onto tefflex sheet and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 6-8 hours, or until the cookie is hard on the outside and soft in the middle. You also can bake on a coconut greased cookie sheet at 200 degrees for 40 min. or until hardened on the outside.

1. I don’t celebrate X-mas so I’m no expert on Santa. But according to the size of his belly I believe he would want one of Kevin’s Raw Food Cook books :).

Who knows, maybe I can be his personal trainer. So next year, we can have a super fit Santa coming down the chimney with a six pack wearing a Tank Top. Just a thought.

2. Sue Rushford says:

I’m pretty sure Santa wants some of Ann Marie’s Oat & Carrot Cookies – and Santa’s not the only one! I’m totally going to have to make those – we’ll see how long they last in the dehydrator – LOL – sounds wonderful!!!!!

3. Ryan says:

Those look really good…I shall have to try them…

I do have a question though…im sure u guys dont eat muffins but Ive tried to make some w/ coconut flour and brown rice flour…wanna make some that arent sugar and fat and have ingredients like this that would still hold together…would something like this recipe work…hope u guys can suggest or work something up…

4. Vero Mateus says:

yes im making this! do you think it will be good with raisins instead of dates?

5. Satori says:

I think Santa wants some beer, but I would give him a gym membership instead…LOL!

6. Satori says:

BTW, have you guys watched this video before? It’s so funny, and one of the cats looks like Jonny5…haha!

7. Katie says:

my vegan son said “Mommmm, santa wants us to leave chocolate milk”ha ha… OK, how about choc almond milk? 🙂 and these cookies.

8. healthEfairy says:

X-Balance Chocolate Mix is wonderful and super healthy! But I was thinking Santa needed James as a personal trainer…

9. jackie says:

The cookies look yummy, and I think Santa would love them, especially with the tea. But I think he’d want to enjoy them with the pleasure of your company.

10. Mary Kay says:

Thanks again for your vid. Some of your charm lies in the fact that you are so impromptu—however, it would have been nice to have seen these dehydrated, or even baked to get a sense of the final product.

Also – boy am I a party pooper or what? – unless you get truly raw, hull-less oats and then roll them yourself (I have a nifty little hand grinding machine that works great), oats are not truly raw.

But that aside, I’m just having trouble with the fact of eating grains uncooked anyway, and would like to know the science behind soaking such things as wheat berries or oats and then using them in raw recipes.

11. Nick says:

Naturally, Santa would want us all to stop what becomes light airborne toxins cuz a relatively disproportionate amount gets concentrated up at the North Pole, maybe due to the Van Allen Belt & the way things go, circulation-wise generally.

Then in Canada we can get Wild Oats, from an ironically named company, Robin Hood, cuz eating it doesn’t give sustained energy thruout the day. From what I’ve heard the wild oats have more, uh, something, nutrition-wise. So they’d give something to the poor in health. Also, they’re like a byproduct (in a weird reverse way) of the regular conventional oat growing biz. So I believe they’re at least genetically feral.

Still, wouldn’t we have Dr. Cousens breathing down our necks telling us stored grains have mycotoxins & to avoid them while stopping/healing the fermenting/composting process that the digestion process can sink into from indulging in our SAD lifestyle. As he as much said in his Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine book. I dunno, maybe I’m not recalling that clearly?

12. ALICE says:

Hello
    I am very interested in your cookies, want can you instead of Almond meal. I have a son that has food allergy?

13. Marie-Line says:

HI!
    Can anyone tell me what is Almond Meal, which is the first ingredient in this recipe and if it is available here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Thanks!

14. Andria says:

I love you guys!!! What a great way to start my day! This vid actually had me giggling out loud at my local coffee shop where I enjoy your blogs and a green smoothie daily. Can’t wait to make these cookies and share with family, friends, and SANTA!! Thank You!!! 😀
    P.S. I sew, so I would be happy to alter Santa’s suit when he adopts the raw way!!

15. Patty says:

Happy Healthy Children

16. Dee says:

Peace on Earth, Clean Air & Water, Non-GMO food for his elves and reindeer.

Neat recipe will try. Just made the Garden Sunburgers and they turned out good.

17. Jennifer says:

My kids said, “Santa is so fat, I think we should leave him a salad instead of cookies!” So that is what we will do. But we will try this recipe as well.

18. Beth says:

Marie-Line:
    Almond meal is almonds, with skins removed, processed into a powder. Some stores label it as almond flour.
    Did a quick search for you. Call Bulk Barn (Place Roland-Therrien, 2243 Roland-Therrien Boulevard, Longueil) and see if they carry it. The Bulk Barns it Ottawa carry it as almond meal.

Loved this video. Very spontaneous and impromptu comments 🙂

I think Santa would want a dehydrator so he could warm his raw foods up at the North Pole.

19. QC says:

Great video! Every time I see you guys talk, your faces so close is like you are about to kiss! 🙂

I think Santa wants more love!

20. RawGuru says:

If i were Santa i’d be totally stoked to get those cookies! This brought back a great memory for me. When i was little i remember on Christmas Eve my grandfather would take little nibbles of the cookies and drink some of the milk, making it look like santa had really been there. I still remember how that made me feel to this day!

21. RawGuru says:

stoked rather! = ) = )

22. Fontrella says:

I will have to make these. Thanks for the recipe.

I think Santa wants to start eating healthy so he can keep living and making everyone happy.

23. Hey Everyone!!

I am sorry that we did not post this… I got this recipe from our dear friend and amazing team member Lisa Miller! You can check out her blog at http://lisamillerwellness.com/

We actually ended up putting these in the oven at 200, for about 35-30 mins. and they turned out like Muffins Ryan.

And yes Mary Kay, rolled oats are not truly raw. Please don’t feel that you are a party pooper!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Much Love,
    Annmarie

24. Nomi Shannon says:

You can make your own almond flour or meal simply by putting raw or soaked/raw/dehydrated til very dry almonds in a blender or coffee grinder and grinding. It wouldn’t bother me if they were not peeled.

Suddely I can view videos! My internet connection has been too slow for the past two years. I am happy happy AT&T must have done something good recently for this neighborhood…waaaay out in the country…for California…

25. Gini says:

I made the Oat and Carrot cookies before going to bed last night. I woke up to the smell of cinnamon and delicious, chewy, warm cookies for breakfast!! (115 for 12 hours minimum, longer for chewier cookies). I substituted dried organic apricots for the dates because I was out of dates. I used up all my almond flour so will try it with raw coconut flour(Coconut Secret)tonight. I did wonder what kind of oats- whole, steel cut, or rolled so used thick-rolled oats. I would think you could also use quinoa flakes instead of oats which would up the protein. Thank you Annmarie Great recipe!

26. Lori says:

A Rebounder. For sure. 🙂

27. Lauren says:

What would be really YUM would be to take the cinnamon tea, let it cool off, and then make almond milk with almonds + cinnamon tea (instead of water). I usually make a medicinal chai tea and use it as a base for almond milk and it is amazing!

28. Jennie_Raw says:

So making these cookies tomorrow!! I mean today… it’s already 3 in the morning (oops!). Wow, I can’t wait.

I think Santa wants a Detox- if he knows what’s good for him. 😉

I just love you guys! Have an absolutely wonderful day when you read this. You help make such a difference in the world. Keep livin’ in love!