Raw Food Recipe for Garden Sunburgers : The Renegade Health Show Episode #712

Wednesday Dec 1 | BY |

Today, we’re getting ready to bring some snacks on the plane…

Annmarie decided to try a raw food recipe for garden sunburgers. Good news is that you can use either a dehydrator or the oven to get these ready to go.

Your question of the day: What do you like on your burgers?

Here’s the raw food recipe:

Garden Sunburger

1/2 cup ground sunflower seeds
1/2 cup ground chia seed
1/3 cup chopped carrot
1/3 cup chopped celery
1 shallot, chopped
2-3 scallions, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tsbp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1/2 tbsp olive oil
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
water as needed

Mix together all ingredients in a bowl except for the water. Slowly add water until it is easy to form patties. Once texture is achieved shape into patties and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 3-4 hours on one side then flip and let them dehydrate for an additional 3-4 hrs. If you don’t have a dehydrator or the time, you can cook these at low-temp (approx 200 degrees) for about 40 min or until crispy. Yields 4-5.

1. Beth says:

I like to top my burgers with whatever I can get. Usually: mustard, ketchup, mayo, tomato, lettuce (use it as my bun), onions, pickles, horseradish. If peppers or olives are around, I’ll toss them on too.

2. I love to put either slices of avocado’s or make guacamole and put it on top. then either put lettuce on each side for my bread or use a big flax cracker on each side. We are going on a plane to colorado next week this sounds delicious to take with me. THANKS

3. Mamabird says:

My sons comming for a week and wants to eat nothing but raw!So I’m going to make your burgers with a raw bar-b-gue sauce and red onions,and tomatoes if I can find some decent ones. I also like to pile little salads with sprouts on top of raw burgers.

4. Donaji says:

That looks so good, I’m making them tonight! I like mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, avocados 🙂

5. Erina says:

i like to top with salsa corn greens wasabi tomato slices tons of good healthy things – sometimes i use the tops as the bottoms or maybe even as the middles instead of the tops – thanks for your great shows

6. Great video! Will make them this week even though I am not going on an airplane. And,
    mustard, mustard, mustard of course! To be served on a leaf of romaine lettuce and garnished with some chopped red onions. Wish I had one right now. Also, were the nuts soaked?

7. CINDY says:

kevin did you get a chance to listen to the lectures. http://www.pomegranatehealth.com/teleseminar/eventdetails.php
    one is on adrenal by DR. JAMES WILSON
    CINDY

8. Recently, while reading a transcript of an interview that Dr Mercola had with another health expert, they were talking about omega 3 fatty acids and the “expert” said 3 tablespoons of Chia seeds was an overdose! Please can you comment on a safe levels of vegan omega 3’s.

9. Eve says:

Hey Kev!

Nothing to do with burgers, but is your head spinning a bit from the new IOM report on VITAMIN D???!!!

IMNSHO, their report is bogus. One can only speculate on their motivation/ blind spots.

I thought you might enjoy some more rational “expert opinions”, in case you don’t already know these guys:

Personally, I shoot for 80 ng/mL, so I think even the good guys’ recommendations may be a bit low… but I’m still researching 🙂

10. Andrew says:

I can’t remember the last time I had a burger. I’d probably go for tahini. 🙂

11. Kathleen says:

I like to put salsa on burgers.

I am wondering how your plane trip went. Did the TSA find the burgers a security threat?

12. Vitamin B12 says:

I like my burgers with some salad – no sauce.

13. Angie Smith says:

On my burgers, I like any or all of the following (maybe other things, too): raw cheese, bbq sauce, lettuce/sprouts, tomato, AVOCADO, sauteed mushrooms…Yummmmm! I have some raw bbq sauce in the fridge that needs to be used, and since it is my day off work, I am in the kitchen preparing food for the coming week. I’m going to add these to today’s line-up. Thank you so much for a filling & non-sweet recipe!

14. Angie Smith says:

Now that I’ve watched the video & read the comments, I remembered a few more: bacon (uncured & pasture-raised), sliced red onions, and home-made mayo.

15. Charlotte says:

hmm, I like avocado, goat cheese, tomatoes, some home made raw kefir, pesto … so many delicious possibilities!

16. Something saucey (is that a word?). When does the Renegade Restauraunt open? I’m thinking “franchise”.

17. RawGuru says:

Definitely some fresh sprouts, avocado, fresh sweet red onions, a thick juicy slice of tomato. Also love raw ketchup made from soaked sun dried tomatoes and acv, and mustard! The tahini idea sounds really good too….

18. freedom fighter says:

me since i not completely raw i use grass fed bacon from the farm organic also lettuce, tomato,onions, avocado,and some awesome organic BBQ sauce

19. Aaah those burgers look great! My mum makes some killer vegan seed/nut burgers every so often when i come home, she puts avocado in them, theyre quite special and tasty.
    On my burger i like anything with avocado, like plain or as guacomole.. heaps of sprouts, fresh vegetables, baby spinach..
    anything really. tasty tasty!

20. roni says:

i would probably go with a miso tahini dressing! these look great – even for NOT travelling! i want a raw barbeque sauce recipe! that sounds great!
    TSA is OK about bringing any foods that are solid on – its just the liquids they won’t let go. i actually had someone once tell me that was “yogurt of mass destruction” (pudding consistency things are considered liquids) and I had to take 10 deep breaths to keep from saying something that might have had me strip searched. of course now they are doing that too…
    hope your trip went well!

21. Thanks for sharing the knowledge! I like red onions, pickles, & jalapeno peppers, with a drizzle of catsup & mustard. I’m just starting this RAW diet lifestyle & I find you guys very inspirational. Keep up the GREAT work!

22. cheytan says:

looks like it has too much fat! i will stick to my black bean and brown rice burgers thank you!

23. Jacqueline Davis says:

I like to top my veggie burgers with avocado slices, Vegenaise, horseradish mustard and ketchup…yummy! I really want to try these burgers that you posted. 🙂