Raw Food Recipe for Pear Honey Vinaigrette : The Renegade Health Show Episode #707

Wednesday Nov 24 | BY |

We’re prepping for our holiday meal here and want to be sure we bring some healthy foods so we can eat too…

Today, Annmarie is making a raw food recipe for honey pear vinaigrette that she’s going to put on an arugula and walnut salad.

Here’s the recipe…

Your question of the day: What can my mom do to shrink her belly? (She asked!)

Here’s the raw food recipe:

Pear Honey Vinaigrette

– 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
– 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
– 1/3 cup water
– 1 tbsp irish moss (after it was soaked), soaked 20 min and chopped
– 1 tablespoons minced shallots
– 2 tablespoons raw honey
– 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil

Blend water and moss together for 50 sec. Add in all other ingredients except the oil and blend well. Then slowly add the oil in at the end, this will help emulsify the dressing.

Enjoy over some bitter greens! 🙂

1. lm says:

Your mom is cute 🙂
    The best way to shrink a postmenopausal belly is through natural hormone replacement therapy, adrenal support, and the RIGHT kind of exercise (which raises testosterone levels so the body can build muscle/burn fat – it also stops the “turn all carbs to fat” cycle).

I have experienced this transformation myself, and would be happy to share my journey! Just contact me through my website… Keep up the good work! We really enjoy the recipes!

Happy un-turkey day!
    Have a wonderful and thank-filled thanksgiving!

2. RJ says:

Love these recipe shows, Kevin and Annmarie. You both are looking fantastic.

I think if you tell your mom to do everything you and Annmarie tell her to do with her eating habits and excercise…her tummy will go down.

But, if she decides to be a naughty girl and not listen to either one of you, this is the best short-cut secret I know of. Here are two links for her…

Happy Eating and the best of health to all three of you!
    🙂

3. Michael Bryant says:

LOL… I almost fell out of my chair watching today’s show… Thanks for working with me… Malibu Mike… Camera guy.

4. Gen says:

Looks good enough to eat! I make a similar dressing without the Irish moss, and using maple syrup instead of honey and 1-2 minced garlic cloves in place of the shallots. it is yummy, yummy, yummy.

For your mom’s tummy — adjusting what she eats is most important. I dropped 15 pounds without going hungry just by dropping breads, rice, potatoes, etc. and increasing raw veggies and fruits. She has two personal trainers there to help her with exercise as well.

Speaking of exercise, could you please recommend some back exercises for people with back issues?

And, no, it is not a holiday here in Canada tomorrow as we had our Thanksiving in October, as Annmarie correctly stated.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you there!

5. Sheryl says:

See Paul Nison’s Video he has posted on Face Book about Cocao with John Kohler. The Truth finally comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Heather says:

Thank you Thank you Thank you. I am going to try this one right away.

Have a wonderful Thanks giving. 🙂

Oh and being postmenopausal myself I was looking for info as I have never had a weight problem before. I was reading that women with optimal Vitamin D had less belly fat. I have upped my D and started taking “Rezilliance”from http://www.rezilience.net and Woo hoo I am doing great, (I also exercise and eat really well but I have been doing that for a long time).

7. Hi intensity cardio works! But make sure they are short bouts for example 45 seconds all out max, then recover.
    Your eating style goes along with that of course!

8. Anne says:

Ok just a comment to let you know that there are no holidays here in Canada for US Thanksgiving. We have a thanksgiving in October and get a Monday off (same day you guys celebrated Columbus day) for that but I’ll admit my family and I have never celebrated Thanksgiving so not everyone does.

Although being grateful is a great occasion to celebrate, just having a day off is always a treat for me.

For your mum…I think a raw challenge would definitely help her out.
    Happy Thanksgiving

9. Mary says:

Happy Thanksgiving to you both and your families as well. Thank you so much for all the helpful information and great recipes and great products that you’ve introduced to us over the past years. May you enjoy a day of thanksgiving!! And tell Mum not to worry a bit about her belly today (we’ll worry about that tomorrow.) I guess that’s MY problem … putting things off for another day.

10. Julia says:

Adrenal support and water kefir/probiotics, also make sure she gets plenty of good sleep, if not, try a little melatonin.

11. Lexica says:

There’s an exercise video called Callanetics that’s amazingly effective. It may be true that it’s not possible to spot-reduce, but it is possible to spot-tone, and *wow* does Callanetics tone up a body. It’s kind of like Pilates (they’re both based on the same system of ballet-training exercises, I believe) and is made up of slow, gentle, tiny movements (moving one’s arm back and forth half an inch, for example). Although the exercises look easy, they’re pretty challenging at first. On the other hand, one of the people shown in the video demonstrating the workout is Callan’s mother, who was 76 at the time it was filmed.

There are not many exercises that really work to tone and firm (and thus visually reduce) the outer thigh/saddlebag area, but the ones in the Callanetics routine… whew! Brutally tough at first, but they really work.

My mom got the video when it came out back in 1986, and I still do the routine periodically for variety. It’s soooo eighties, by the way — the hair and the leotards and the music… yikes. Gives me a flashback and makes me feel like I’m 15 again. *grin*

12. Sharon says:

Maybe Mom needs to make an appointment with Theresa Dale.

13. john says:

Another great family show got a bang out of the question of the day .I would think count ones calories like a hawk eat high density low calorie foods,eat less but frequent,lots of high quality water ALL day long. Walking ,gentle,excercise,sit-ups.And advice from Kevin’s beautiful wife Ann Marie as one of her areas of specialties is in Physical education. May All of Kevin’s family and Ann Marie’s family have a prayerful and thankful thanks giving ,giving thanks to God who reigns above in the heavens,for all good things come from God.

14. Ineke says:

Wonderful recipe. For sure I’ll be trying it. I took some chopping lessons from a professional chef to get the techniques to cut like a pro. One thing she recommended is using also the rind of lemon, orange or lime in your dressing. Apparently there is also oil in the rind. That way your dressing will become less sour. Of course you only would want to do this with organic produce. I have tried this and my dressings taste wonderfully and you need less sweetener. You also can add fresh herbs to it.

I have a question. I have been reading up on the body ecology and as you guys know they recommend highly eating cultured veggies and drinking young coconut kefir. I have been trying this but I found that my stomach did not react well to it (gas and cramps). FYI, I did not make the cultured veggies but I ate raw sauerkraut from the brand rejuvenation. I also tried a probiotic supplement from the HIppocrates Inst and here I do not experience any of this. In fact together with systemic enzymes I experienced quite the opposite. (better digestion) I also know that the HI does not think that fermented foods work well for everyone. What is your take on this?

I’m sure you guys can help out your mom losing whatever she wants to lose. Aren’t belly issues often helped with a good exercise plan?

15. Rae says:

I think the best way to lose fat is to avoid eating grains, especially wheat in its myriad forms, because wheat must be the most addictive food of all, and it’s acid forming. Wheat grass is altogether different, of course, but no one drinks wheat grass juice to excess anyway.
    There was a post regarding contributions to Monsanto a few days ago, and now BoKnowsEntertainment has a You Tube about the contributions that pro-S. 510 lobbyists and groups have made to senators. The amount that the opponents of the bill have been able to give the senators — the list scrolls through the entire senate, giving their names — is paltry in comparison. The You Tube is featured on David Icke’s headlines for Nov. 24.

16. Chris G says:

People who eat the most grains (whole grains like rice for instance) tend to have the lowest BMIs.

Also this recipe is definitely not vegan friendly unless you remove the honey. I keep seeing the name at the top of my browser, “Vegetarian,Raw Food and Vegan Diet Friendly TV” and it seems like it is getting more and more away from both raw food and vegan diet friendly as of the last few weeks (with cows milk and even hunting being discussed topics as well as returning to cooked foods).

17. andrew says:

for your mum,

maybe the 5 tibetan rites everyday

cut out the fluoride as it affects metabolism (thyroid), i.e get rid of the fluoride toothpate and fluoride mouthwash to start.

fluoridealert.org has a video for free on fluoride

ways to reduce:

18. db : ) says:

That was so real what your mom said about her belly LOL. However, I would guess your mom has the answer (from previous success) to her own question : ) Also she is fortunate to have you both to offer some guidance and encouragement!

I just have to add once again what a lovely interaction you and your wife have with each other on camera. Good energy comes across! Enjoy your spontaneous approach rather than a word-for-word scripted perfect presentation. It is fun yet informative to watch. Of course one must not forget the kitty…loved the meow at the end (a head-shot of kitty w/a meow at the end of the program would be fun to see).

Thank you for your genuineness and not being afraid to risk being child-like at times.

HOPE YOUR THANKSGIVING WAS A BLESSED ONE!

19. I made the dressing the other night and took it with me for Thanksgiving at my dad’s house. I had a nice walnut-greens salad with the honey pear vinaigrette. Thanks for sharing and hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

I don’t know what to tell your mom. I have a hard enough time trying to lose extra fat 🙁

20. Jan says:

I like the recipe videos but usually do not have one or two ingredients to make them. Can this recipe be made without the irish moss or something else instead? After trying it without the irish moss and if I liked it, I would be more willing to purchase irish moss.
    Thanks for making the shows, I learn so much about food, health, etc.. that I most likely would have not learned anywhere else. Thanks

21. Joelle says:

If you want to keep weight off long term you have to address the bowel. There’s a great product from Avena a company in Alberta Canada called The herb cocktail. It’s on sale this month. It works with the electricity of the body to cleanse and in particular rid the bowel of all the black plaque accumulating. If you really want to loose weight you take two tablespoons in the morning and two before bed with orange juice (fresh squeezed works the best) Just juice one orange and than add water until the right consistency. You have to drink it right away as it thickens immediately. Some believe colonics and enemas to be dangerous. But this product is made from living food and the body treats it as so. The websight is http://www.avenaoriginals.com I have a friend/healer who does her own research and tests, she says this product is the best on the market and has not yet found any others that come close to doing what this one does, it starts working immediately.

22. Angie Smith says:

Probiotics. Raw sauerkraut, kefir, good-quality probiotic supplements, etc.

23. Mary says:

I’m almost 66 yrs. old (1/16) and have had the tummy problem all my life. Eating raw has allowed me to lose weight such that I’m less than in H. School, and colonics have helped enormously!!! Also, doing internal processes which release old beliefs and patterns which I believe are held in the tummy areas. I’ve done the Landmark Forum (a weekend course)& other courses http://www.landmarkeducation.org it’s a worldwide education which releases past conversations & creates possibilities, amazingly. Currently I’m enjoying connecting with my ancestors (even those I didn’t or don’t know about) and ancient ones – they are being honored and recognized. My body feels so good now – I’m at desired weight, strength, etc. by totally loving the DNA flowing throughout me and being in Gratitude for it all, every moment. Exercise comes easily now – Yoga and strength training, and daily Meditation. Happy Holidays…much Love!! ox