Raw Food Recipe for Sweet Carrot Corn Chowder : The Renegade Health Show Episode #692

Wednesday Nov 3 | BY |

Ann’s mom and dad love soup, so today, she decided to make a raw one for them…

This raw food recipe is a great fall soup that everyone in the family will enjoy.

Your question of the day: What’s your favorite type of garlic (Did you know there were that many kinds)?

Here’s the raw food recipe:

Sweet Carrot Corn Chowder

2 cups sweet corn
2 1/2 cup coconut water
1/2 Tsp olive oil
2 Tsp fresh thyme
1 small carrot
2 cloves garlic
1 stalk celery
1/3 yellow onion, chopped
Pink Himalayan sea salt to taste

Blend all the ingredients except thyme, salt and 1/3 cup corn until semi smooth. Add the the spices to the blender and pulse for 5 seconds. Cover and set aside at room temperature for 10 – 20 minutes.

Garnish with the rest of the corn and maybe some parsley 🙂

I got this recipe from www.gliving.com… thanks guys!!

Ann and Kev

1. Shaina says:

Wow! Your are my kinda people! I love garlic!!! My family, particularly my mother, gets sooooo nasty to me when I eat it or use it because they find it offensive. I personally love the smell, and the effects it has on my body. I never really considered the different types of garlic, the bulk type garlic I purchase tastes like butter to me after I have consumed it and a little time has past.

2. Tyra McMahon says:

I love all garlic. I knew there was alot of different kinds but not that much. wowser!

I really like Yuguslavian. Sorry for the spelling.

The recipe sounds yummy. Nice to see your folks Anne Marie!

3. Angelique says:

Ann, it looked like you used a lot more than 2 tsp of fresh thyme (and it looked dried). Since your parents seemed to love the outcome, would you be able to share the amount if thyme you used when you made that soup? Was it around and 1/8 of a cup or 3 tablespoons?

p.s. Nope, didn’t know there were hundreds of kinds of garlic.

4. Velda says:

This sounds like a wonderful recipe. I really like garlic. Thank you. I did not know there were different kinds of garlic. I’ll check that out.

5. Craig says:

Love any Garlic that isnt from China and has purple int the skin.. Like Your parents House it felt very relaxing to watch this.Good energy!!!

6. hyesun says:

any kind!! can’t live without garlic – i eat so much of it. i put a clove or 2 into my blended salad everyday. i used to juice it as well but stopped after everyone told me i reeked of garlic. oh well.

i have a question……what do you all think about juicing during the winter in the midwest, where it gets really cold? i used to, but now i’m rethinking it because i want to eat more seasonally. i don’t really want juice during the winter – i want more warm stuff, like soups and broths. and steamed veggies. if i lived in singapore or hawaii it would be a different story.

7. Mmmm! I could almost smell it through my laptop :). I was not away of all the different types of garlic out there. So I guess they’re all my favorite. great post.

James

8. Donaji says:

Awww what a lovely show, loved that you introduced us to your parents, felt a WHOLE lot more personal and I loved that! The soup looks wonderful, I’m gonna try it this weekend. And no, I had no clue there were many different types of garlic, I hadn’t even thought about that either! Loved this post, thanks!

9. Beth says:

I LOVE your mom, AnnMarie! My maiden name was Pezzopane, so I understand growing up in an Italian family and having everything cooked in olive oil and garlic(and sauce!). Lol!

Btw, the soup looks yummy! 🙂

Peace and Blessings!

10. Beth says:

Also, where did you find coconut water in Ithica? I’m in Ohio and can’t find any that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, and is fairly fresh (like not a year old!). Lol! The closest Whole Foods to us is like 2 hrs from here!

11. Muriel says:

I love love love the Russian Red garlic.
    I buy it at the market in the fall and store it in my pantry in a paper bag and it will keep for most of the winter.

12. Megan says:

Thanks SO much for the soup recipe! I am going to try it tomorrow! 🙂

13. nick says:

I knew there was a wide variety of garlic but uinfortunately I rarely can find much of a variety. I mainly eat whatever organic GArlic I can find from my local stores or wild gariic from my yard or park.

14. i love the huge elephant garlic they sell at the farmers markets – they really have some flavor! You know I once made a soup very similar to the one you guys made on the show, however mine had raw pine nuts in it, which made the soup more like a rich creamy vegan chowder and it was fabulous! try adding some pine nuts to your soup recipe and it will be even better!

15. Jentree says:

I knew there were different kinds but I’m not sure what I have had before. I have not bought garlic at a farmer’s market, only in the grocery store. I don’t know if there is a typical variety that most stores sell, or if they mix it up?….I’m curious now!

16. Dee Dee says:

I am from Washington state and I can tell you we are known for the amount of rain we get here. We get more gloomy weather than not which is why I love soup. It is a comfort food for me. Many years ago when I didn’t know any better I ate the can stuff which was loaded with sodium! OMG! that’s when I started searching a healthy way to make my soup here at home. I found that it taste way better becuase I am using wholesome ingriedients. I am going to try to make to make this soup Friday. No I had no idea there was so many different types of garlic. I will have to take a trip to my farmers market to see what they have and later the supermarket. I would certainly aappreciate more soup reciepes you have to share.

17. MMMMMMMMmmmmmm….GARLIC! Love it! I knew there were different varities, but i didn’t know there were so many! I love the wild garlic in my yard, great flavor. I just found some unpasturized pickled garlic at the farmers market and have been feasting on it, so good! There’s a garlic festival in gilroy, CA where i’m told they have roasted garlic ice cream. any ideas for a raw version..hee hee hee? thanks for another great recipe…i think you have psychic recipe skills…you always have recipes for things i just bought at market..its very handy! thanks again!

18. Irina says:

I love garlic! My favorite at this time is pearl garlic, and russian garlic is my second favorite.

19. db ; ) says:

I haven’t tried a lot of different garlic. Elephant garlic is good for a mild garlic flavor, but I prefer the regular garlic. I really enjoy it sauteed with onions until brown (comfort food) in coconut oil with red potatoes for a cooked dish. Sometimes I have added raw greens for more health benefits However, the raw Sweet Corn Chowder look great!

I enjoyed how much everyone interacted with each other in the video. I could sense how much you love each other. What a sweet family. Lot fun and laughs too.

Thanks for sharing : )

20. Joe says:

Hello family! 🙂

Wild garlic is the best ever,
    but the garlic flowers in salads…
    are the way to go! 😉

“L’ail fumé d’Arleux” is a smoked garlic from north France
    that as a really distinct flavor http://www.ailarleux.com/

21. Emma says:

woow that looks amazing! : ) I have to try that recipe! But I haven’t found any organic raw corn here where I live in Sweden =(( Is it really bad to use the corn that is in a jar? :S

And NO I didn’t know that there was sooo many garlic types out there!!
    I love garlic though… hehe =)

Best,
    Emma

22. Christy says:

Wow…I had no idea there were different types of garlic. I love that one is named Music! Like Anne-Marie, I would be drawn to that one simply because of the name. Anne-Marie is really lucky to have such supportive parents. I get lectured, ridiculed, and made fun of for my food choices every time I see my parents. You are blessed!

23. Tina says:

I can’t believe you passed up the opportunity for some kind of pun about the thyme! Something like, “I put a lot of thyme into this soup I made for you.” 🙂

24. Leam says:

I worked on a farm years ago that planted many different varieties of garlic, but unfortunately I don’t remember any of the names. I used to use the lovely curly garlic scapes very often.
    Isn’t it a shame when people feel they have to damper their enthusiasm when someone else present may have a different point of view. I assume Mama wanted to say pasta con aglio e olio – makes me hungry just thinking about it. Annemarie, you had a lovely way of sharing your recipe as well as being inclusive – such as saying that your grandmother’s souffle is delicious. What a pleasant exchange!

25. brian says:

Great show guys! Question, do you guys use olive oil at all? Is it included in raw food diets?

26. Liz says:

Buongiorno from Rome, Italy! We are garlic FIENDS too (italian cooking- of course!). Wish we could get the fresh sweet corn here- it rarely makes an appearance in the markets in this region (Lazio). I miss it as I’m an ex-pat from No. California and used to get really great white and yellow corn. I think most of corn in central italy must go to animal feed and making polenta meal….

Love your videos and info. Complimenti!! Great job both Ann Marie and Kevin.

Raw fooders are definately hard to come by in Italy, but I think that in general, italians probably eat more healthy than americans.

27. Jessica says:

This sounds so good! I just got some Himalayan pink salt, HimalaSalt, from Sustainable Sourcing https://secure.sustainablesourcing.com and I think I’ll try it out in this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

28. sandra says:

looks yummy!

29. Julia says:

Love garlic and that recipe looks yummy. I planted garlic before and knew there were different types, though not “hundreds”. Did you know some of those pre-packed coconut waters are made “from concentrate”? I went to the company websites and did more research on them. Be sure to read the labels.

30. I get this great local Russian Red garlic. I love the big cloves which make it great for grating into things. Now I will have to go try out the recipe.

31. john says:

Enjoyed this program very much ,thank you Ann Marie for sharing your loving and caring mother and father, who share your interests as well ,missed your sister,maybe next time. GARLIC ,OLIVE OIL AND GIANNI LOVE NOW THATS FAMILY, ITALIAN. This video has all the bells and whistles of a loving caring family ,you are most fortunate AnnMarie for your your loving parents and hope you relish them . I am not versed on all the kinds of garlic ,I only know that their are various species of them. I heard somewhere that the Garlic capital is Gilroy California.I hope the very best for your mother and father.God Bless.

32. cid says:

Love your parents. TY for sharing them with us.
    Wow, hundreds of kind of garlic, did not know.

33. Sophia says:

I am so excited to make the soup! 🙂

34. Mary says:

I love Garlic and I did know that there are alot of different kinds. My husband doesn’t like that I always smell like Garlic when he kisses me good bye in the mornings.:)
    Now, the hard part is to find coconut water. It is very hard to find around here in Indiana. I am not willing to travel an hour , each way, to go to Whole foods. I will try the Ethnic food aisle at the store.
    I can’t wait to make the recipe, until I find the coconut water.

35. pat says:

How much flavor does the coconut water contribute? What would you substitute if you didn’t have any?

36. JOHN says:

I am just new to your site and enjoying it. My favorite Garlic is Siberian Red Garlic (BIG CLOVES!). If you are needing to fid out about different varieties and are in Canada check out http://www.simplygarlic.ca or the USA try http://www.wegrowgarlic.com.

Happy Raw Eating,
    John

37. ann says:

No I did not know that their were so many kinds of garlic thanks that was good info.

38. James says:

This is my first opportunity to view. I am looking forward to trying this recipe.

Thank you for your emails, as they have been very helpful to me!
    James

39. Jan says:

Soup looks great and I have everything to make it.
    There is an organic farm about 5 minutes from me that has over 20 different kinds of garlic. With so many choices it is hard to choose. I did not know there were 100s of different garlic.

40. Alice Sutton says:

I did not know that they have, differcent gralic. Want can you used differnt then corn to for this wonderful soup?

41. I had some sweet garlic (whole cloves) on a salad last summer. It was mild and delicious. I wish I knew where I could get more.

42. Josephinesped says:

I grow the garlic that has a lingering aftertaste once it is cooked. Don’t remember the name–I get it from a catalog and it is organically grown for the seed bulbs.
    For fresh eating, I like the California garlic that is so common in stores,and I grow some of it sometimes.