Raw Food Recipe for Olive Tapenade : The Renegade Health Show Episode #667

Wednesday Sep 29 | BY |

We interrupt our normal programming for a quick raw food recipe…

LOL!

Today, before we close out with Philip’s interview, we’re going to bring you a raw food recipe for olive tapenade which is great for parties and an appetizer.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: When was the last time you had some olives?

Here is the raw food recipe:

Olive Tapenade

– 1/2 cup black olives
– 1/2 cup green olives
– 2 tablespoons sacha inchi oil
– 1 clove garlic
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– black pepper to taste

Put all in blender or food processor and chop into small chunks!

1. I had olives about an hour ago

2. Gretchyn says:

Well..it’s been maybe a month! I’m going to have to get some that sounds sooooooo yummy! How do you get johnny 5 to meow on cue? too cute!

3. james says:

About two weeks ago. Went to great olive bar and had about 15 different kinds of olives. Too good.

4. I keep it simple- chopped black olives on top of cucumber slices- so yummy. Hmm its been a few months, time to have some!

5. Julie says:

About 4 hours ago… dehydrated black Botija olives… oh dear… I have never had anything like it! They almost have a chocolaty taste… unbelievable!

6. Rae says:

Last night as far as the olives, speaking of which, the only raw olives I’ve had were already drenched in oil in the package, so I take it you were using regular canned or bottled olives.
    On another subject, the latest Nutrition Action Newsletter says that coffee, whether with or without caffeine, can reduce one’s chances of getting gout. Any thoughts on this? I’ve read that decaf has chemicals left over from the extraction process unless only water is used, and that even decaf still retains some caffeine. This newsletter is put out by the Center for Science in the Public interest, and thisi issue has a lot of info about keeping arteries flexible.

7. nancy says:

i have them very often.
    i put them in many dishes.
    i just lovvvve them!

8. Ineke says:

I like olives but my belly seems not to like them so I don’t have them and if I have a hard time staying away from them I have them in moderation but I have to admit that they are great snack food

9. KAREN BEATTIE says:

I USED TO EAT DRIED OLIVES. MOST ARE CURED IN A SALT BRINE? JAFFE BROTHERS IN VALLEY CENTER SELLS A LOT OF GOOD ORGANIC PRODUCTS.

10. Janet says:

A long time. I don’t like the taste of olives. Yuck! But I love olive oil 🙂

11. Sharon says:

Looks interesting! I got totally spoiled by some green raw sun dried olives last month and haven’t wanted any other ones after that. They were amazing.

I went over 40 years not liking olives and now I just love them.

12. Jet says:

I love olives, but my digestion doesn’t really like them 🙁 So, I haven’t had them for quite some time now..

13. Kathy says:

What do you use the olive tapenade for?

14. Kathy says:

Sorry, i also needed to ask if i can replace the sacha oil with cold pressed virgin olive oil as we do not get this oil in Swaziland and then we do not use black pepper can i use cayenne pepper?

15. mary says:

I and a daughter had some 2 days ago and last week. We ate them alone and in a salad as well as a soup we made. grammarpinks1@gmail.com

16. eyla says:

I had olives a couple of days ago, they were really tasty but made me feel unusually dehydrated.

To Rae, comment no. 5;

I would be really interested to hear by what means they said that coffee reduces risk of gout.
    As gout is generally a disease of excess and acidity, and coffee is very acidic within the body, I can only see coffee doing damage.

Although if coffee is made into the drink by cold process it is less acidic, so it may be that they were testing with coffee that wasn’t heat treated/brewed.

Either way, I don’t see that drinking coffee is the answer to cutting risk of gout, I would say that avoiding an over acidic diet would be a more logical place to start than adding an anti-nutrient into the diet…

17. Cindi says:

Had some olives yesterday…yum love them. This recipe looks really good and I’m all about easy!

18. john says:

Excellent program and creative menu .Love olives but are fattening .I have them quite occasionally.Great program.

19. Dee says:

I love olives and love making olive tapenade. I have used the recipe in Jennifer Cornbleet’s book. I add herbes de provence to it. Haven’t made it in awhile, but will now.

20. Leam says:

Olives are a favorite snack in our house – green for some, black for others. Soak them in water to remove some of the saltiness if so desired.

21. Tyra McMahon says:

Actually had black olives last night in my ceasar salad. green ones give me a tummy ache.

This new sacha inchi oil sounds interesting. Will do some research on it myself.

Recipes looks yummy Anne Marie! I actually made a new raw cracker recipe that Angela Stokes Monarch posted in her newsletter. It is one of the best crackers I’ve ever made. But instead of using a cup of ground flax I used half the amount and substituted freshly ground chia seeds. What a difference. Really don’t like the taste of flax. Anyways your olive tapenade will be delicious with the crackers.

Thanks!!!

22. josephinesped says:

I keep some stuffed, green, pickled olives in my fridge and munch on a few when I want a salty snack. They aren’t raw, but they aren’t potato chips, either.

23. Kristine says:

I LOVE Peruvian bojita olives. They don’t seem as salty as other dried olives. I love to snack on them while making dinner. But I do ration them because of the salt. (3 olives is 5% of the RDA if you go by that standard.)

24. Isabel says:

I had olives yesterday! Although my country’s (Greece)specialty are black olives, I prefer green ones. Every evening I make a salad with green olives, sacha inchi oil and lemon juice, among other ingredients.

25. Beth says:

Great timing Johnny5!

I have olives every weekend. Yum!

26. Angelique says:

Annmarie — where did you get that hand cherry pitter? I like that!

27. Christi says:

I had some Kalamata olives about two weeks ago.

Why does Johnny 5 meow so much? It’s so funny to hear him in the background of your videos.

28. Brenda says:

Lately, I rarely eat olives. I had one off of my friend’s plate at the raw food restuarant in Costa Mesa last weekend. 🙂 I was hoping to talk to you two for five minutes at the Longevity Now Conference. Busy you. 🙂 I gave Kevin my (big) card. Next time you two are in the SF Bay Area, look me up and come for a complementary healing session in the East Bay. I would love to give back to you two. You are awesome (and you know that).

29. Charlotte says:

more than a month. It’s hard to find good ones here. I love olives!!
    I love going to the outdoor markets in Europe, they always have so many varieties!

30. Annick says:

I’m a real fan of olives… In the moment, I have a rage for cerignole olive. There not as salty because there ripe when picked up so they don’t have to be in a brine as salty. My girls call them the Olive Shrek since there real green (not faded by the brine).

Have a nice day!

31. Gordy says:

I had some sweet little black greek olives yesterday in a pasta salad with sun dried tomatoes, fresh zucchini and calmata olive oil!

Also, one of my favorite add-ons to sauces or pizza or top off in a gin martini once in a while is jalepeno stuffed green olives!! Yummy!

32. John says:

I bought a 2 kilo package of mixed olives recently so I eat them nearly every day. Yum!

33. Fontrella says:

Wow, this looks great. I have not had any olives hmmmmmm, since January or February.

I am going to have to make this and make it just a little smoother because this would be good on a raw sandwich as a spread. Yummmmm

34. nick says:

use olive oil every day but not a big fan of olives

35. Sazzu says:

Does anyone know what kind of olives you can eat on a raw food diet? I absolutely love them but have been staying away from them lately because I can´t find any that have no preservatives/chemicals.

36. Angelo says:

Yummy… You should take my word and ALWAYS look for olives from Greece. You’ll know what I mean when you taste them!