Raw Food Recipe for Cooling Cantaloupe Ginger Soup : The Renegade Health Show Episode #612

Wednesday Jul 14 | BY |

It’s summer and the cantaloupe this year so far has been awesome…

Today, Annmarie makes a raw food recipe for Cooling Cantaloupe Ginger Soup.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: What is your favorite melon right now?

Here’s the raw food recipe for Cooling Cantaloupe Ginger Soup:

I have been craving and loving cantaloupe lately. It has been so so sweet!! So I looked on www.GoneRaw.com, have not been to that site in a while… and found a wonderful cantaloupe soup that I have modified!

Ingredients:

1 half a cantaloupe
1 medium sized carrot
1/2 bunch of fresh mint leaves (to taste)
handful of soaked almonds and cashews
And a dash of freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon of lemon juice

Blend and enjoy. (Boy I did I miss the VitaMix in Peru!)

Kev and Ann

1. Jo says:

I’ve read that melon is a ‘lonely fruit’. This means you should never eat it at the same time as anything else as it is digested quicker than anything else.

2. Missy says:

Watermelon! Sometimes I feel I could survive through the summer eating watermelon alone 🙂

That cantaloupe soup looks yummy. I have an asian market nearby, and I’m thinking I’ll experiment with the different kind of melons they sell, see how it turns out.

3. Bruce says:

Persian melon Rocks…Reminds me of ice cream when cold.

4. Nicole says:

Watermelon all the way

5. Alexandra says:

Melon from Cavaillon, France. The best of the best!!!

6. Amanda says:

The kids TOTALLY make the show & Annmarie’s energy.

7. Misty says:

Watermelon!

8. lubov says:

watermelons are the best in the summer, so refreshing and sweet

9. Ryan says:

Ive have Watermelon the last few weeks and its been really good…Ive also been eating raspberries, loquats, and papaya

10. Mary says:

Muskmelon — looks like a cataloupe only larger. The texture is a little different too, softer. We have tons of them at Trader Joes this week, so I’ll try the soup tomorrow with a muskmelon.

11. Watermelon rocks, especially since it is in season.
    Seeded is better, but seedless is not hybridized as you might think. Frederic Patenaude of http://www.rawvegan.com sent an article to his subscribers to explain how they do it. You can go to his website to see if you can find the information.

RIP George Steinbrenner, THE BOSS who passed away yesterday at 80 of a massive heart attack (what blows my mind is that his Yankees are worth 1.5 billion dollars and he was not the epitomy of health and all that money wasn’t used to increase his longevity. 80 is not o-l-d at all.

RIP Bob Sheppard, THE VOICE OF GOD for the Yankees who dies before THE BOSS at 99. Now that is living a full life in my opinion.

I have not been blogging at all since April, but you can still check out what I started last December, that includes a day-by-day journal account of my 42 day coconut water cleanse and also have some health-related articles that I wrote, too. Go to the archives for December 2009 to read about the cleanse from the beginning. http://www.rawsomegal.wordpress.com

By the way, Dr. Paul Bragg and his daughter Patricia would do 3-5 day watermelon only cleanses a few times a year because it is the only food that is a vasodilator (opens up the clogged internal pipes/arteries). Dr Flora Van Orden (Ann Wigmore’s assistant for over 20 years) also mentioned that watermelon does this.

Namaste!
    Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beauty

12. Kristine says:

Small French Cantaloupe in season.

13. Veronika says:

Watermelon! I love making a watermelon slushi in the vitamix, and making a drink with the green rind and all.

14. Fontrella says:

Watermelon for me!

15. Qtee says:

Watermelon with honeydew as a close second.

16. RJ says:

Good to hear the kids again! Thanks for the wonderful recipe! I agree that cantalopes had a good year. I had the tastiest one of my life about a month ago.

Love your jewelry from Peru that you are wearing, Annmarie. I just received an email from Cafe Gratitude. I am excited to hear that you will be speaking online about your skin care line on July 19. 2010.
    🙂
    I just placed an order for 2 more of your great skin care products. Also added Frederic’s ebook from your store and look forward to hearing Kevin’s FREE teleseminar that is included with the ebook.

Welcome back to the US, happy you both had a safe trip to and from Peru! Don’t know how you found the time to create your new website, Annmarie, but it is one spectacular website!
    🙂

17. john says:

Excellent Excellent Excellent program AnnMarie and Kevin ,got a real bang out of the kids and their comments and your blooper Ann Marie, shows we all make mistakes,probably still overcoming Jet lag, and your million dollar smile with the kids ,your such a natural with kids and an inspiration to the families. I like sweet watermelon WITH the seeds at times Honey Dew also. Again AnnMarie Excellent Family program ,you to Kevin excellent job covering the fine details ,my hat is off to both of you.

18. Charlotte says:

I don’t know about right now but the best one i’ve ever had was a small variety in France. I forgot the name but the flavor is incomparable to any i’ve had here. It’s the epitome of summer! 🙂

19. Charlotte says:

Also I’ve been doing a lot of research on blood type diet and metabolic typing. Many of the things I’ve read about blood typing makes a lot of sense but I’m not totally convinced yet. Metabolic or nutritional typing makes even more sense to me! However I would love for you to do a show on it explaining it in more detail. I feel it’s so important especially when one diet is not compatible for everyone. Some people do well on higher protein and fat, others on higher carb lower fat, and the rest are mixed. I’ve taken the mercola test and another test and i end up being a mixed type. However, I’m not convinced that a questionnaire can really determine your metabolic type.
    Please please do a show covering metabolic typing!!

20. Cheryl says:

Gotta go with my luv for Honeydew 🙂

21. Barbara says:

My vote is for Watermelon! Loooovvve it!!

22. mk says:

melon – on is own or leave it alone !

23. Leam says:

Honeydew – love it! I like Kevin’s idea of melon and mint soup. I’ve been making one with melon, mint and ginger. I absolutely agree simpler is better. Melon and carrot and nuts…oh my!

24. Susan Bessette says:

Please help with this problem. I started a 30 day raw challenge and had to end at day 24 because I was pooping 15 or more times a day. I’ve added cooked rice, potatoes, and stir fry.
    Here it is 21 days later, and I am STILL pooping 12 – 15 times a day. and gassy.
    What a waste of time! and I’m SORE.
    What happened to me, and how do I get back to normal?

25. Ann Marie Huntington says:

I’m addicted to watermelon right now. I’ve been making this juice every morning and I can’t get enough of it. Very cleansing and anti inflammatory.
    watermelon, 1 lg slice
    1 lemon peeled
    1 inch of ginger
    Juice and drink up!
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Health and happiness , Annie , nutritional consultant

26. Stephanie says:

Seriously, they’ve all been fantastic. I try to keep an open mind and get whatever looks fabulous at my co-op, but I swear to all that’s beautiful and holy I had the best honeydew the other day. And having grown up on white-fleshed, dry, bland conventional honeydew, I was VERY surprised! Juicy, green, sweet. AMAZING!

27. Tamikko says:

I’ve always love cantaloupe and honeydew, but I am loving, craving and living on watermelon right now. I’m on a green smoothie feast for the summer, and watermelon is so quenching for me that I’m juicing it and eating it whole. We’re going through 2 a week 🙂

28. Cherie says:

Watermelon! yes, less kids will save the health of the show. 🙂

29. Nihacc says:

My favourite melon right now is ‘piel de sapo’, tipical in Spain, which means ‘skin of toad’. Here you can see a picture: http://azahar.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/piel-de-sapo.jpg
    I like to prepare melon soup with lemon juice and mint leaves as well, it’s so refreshing and yummy!!!

30. Trout says:

I like the recipe. Those kids are beautiful! I think the kids are great, but seemed more the focus than the raw soup aspect. I watch gardenfork and maybe you could use their technique of filming. Anyway, thanks.

31. Maggie says:

What am I craving right now? Mangoes and Papaya. Can’t get enough of either!

32. Gen says:

Watermelon juice, first thing in the morning cleanses out the kidneys or in the afternoon as a refreshing pick-me-up.

33. Judith says:

Watermelon! Can NOT get enough! I’m juicing them daily, and occasionally blending with almond milk. Or just eating straight up! Anyway you slice it, bring it on!

34. As for digestion, I have to say, that soup is a bomb. I love watermelon, but one day, I ate a piece after some cantaloupe, and I gained a stomachache. I believe a very delicious cantaloupe soup (for breakfast) is just blenden cantaloupe with some ice. Yummy.

35. Krista says:

Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, and then papaya…..I would love to try all the different types of melons someday….Gotta love summer for the variety of great foods you can get!

36. Nancy says:

Hello, My 16 year old cat Libby loves cantaloupe. How about Johnny 5, does he love cantaloupe. The soup sounds yummy and cooling. Blessings, Nancy