How to Make Raw Popcorn : The Renegade Health Show Episode #603

Thursday Jul 1 | BY |

Hey guys!

Today was quite an interesting day…

Since we were traveling, I attempted to upload the video for today, but ran out of time. The internet speeds here (uploading) leave much to be desired. 🙂

So for today’s video, we’re going to do a little re-run of on of our most popular shows. (Plus, it works out great, ’cause we didn’t do an “In the Kitchen” segment this week anyway!)

Here it is…

Your question of the day: What is your favorite movie in the last 6 months?

Back to normal tomorrow!

1. Sophia says:

Looks yummy! 🙂

2. Rachel Ngai says:

I will try to dehydrate it. Thank you so much!! When I eat, I will think: it smells and tastes like popcorn. popcorn, popcorn.

My favorite movie is Food Inc.

3. Juliana says:

Can you PLEASE put directions to dehydrating in on here (ie: how long? how to lay it on a round dehydrator ?)

4. Carolyn says:

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

5. Yvonne says:

I have been making this raw popcorn, since you first aired this video! It’s so, so yummy. I like best raw, not dehydrated. Nutritional yeast is so yummo, my dad used to put it on our popcorn when I was a kid, that and Bragg’s! I love it like that, my daughter is “learning” to love it. 😉

My favorite movie in the past 6 months…
    Probably Alice In Wonderland, but also Extraordinary Measure, because that one hits closer to home, and I bawled my eyes out! Toy Story 3 was cute, cute, cute and made me cry at the end also. 🙂

6. herbman says:

I would have to say Avataar, was the best movie, and I could also offer that Cauliflower may be the best vegetable ever.

7. My favorite movie is “Avatar” and my second choice is “Star Trek (all of them)”.

Also, I do love ‘real’ popcorn and if you have a vacuum chamber you can have raw (real) popcorn also. It doesn’t take much vacuum, all you need to do is catastrophically boil the water that has absorbed naturally in the popcorn kernel (is about 11% water) and since water boils at room temperature in a vacuum you can have real popcorn without heating it. I got my one gallon vacuum chanber on e-bay a year or so ago. Happy movie timew to you all…

8. Ooops, I forgot to add – as the water in the popcorn kernel catestrophically boils, it turns the popcorn kernel inside-out. Normally to do this, you have to heat the popcorn kernel to several hundred degrees to turn the water opsorbed in the kernel into superheated steam, but not so when exposing it to a vacuum. The popcorn is also muchn tastier. I still like my organic butter though. Bon apitite with the raw popcorn…

9. Marlene Denny says:

This tastes great! I think I prefer to separate the “branches” of the cauliflower rather than just chop it as it is a little neater. Thanks for another great recipe. I can’t wait to try it dehydrated.

10. Mari says:

I love this re-run as it was one of the first shows I watched on your website. Even my husband liked the cauliflower popcorn. Thanks so much!

11. Sharon says:

The Blind Side.

12. Kirsten says:

William, I love popcorn and it really is the one thing that keeps me from being raw and vegan (I love the butter too). I’m interested in this vacuum thing. What model do you have and how do you heat it? Thanks!

13. heatherp says:

I’m still confused as to whether the glutamate in nutritional yeast is a neurotoxin or not? I have done so much research, my head is spinning.
    Kevin could you please clear this up?

14. Ruth says:

Wings of Desire

One it’s an amazing film, it’s in three languages, which tickles me pink, and I had an amazing experience after watching it. I came out of the cinema and my feet were literally not touching the ground, though I could see them do it. I love my films too!

I’m one of those that hasn’t seen ‘Brother Son, Sister Moon’ yet. So thanks for the recommendation!

15. Jan says:

Can’t wait to try raw popcorn. As for the movie I really do not have a favorite one.

Thanks for another easy and raw recipe.

16. Kim says:

What kind of nutritional yeast do you use? The cauliflower popcorn looks yummy!

17. The Man In The Moon is one of my favourite’s…

Kevin is Nutritional Yeast a good or bad thing to use? I keep getting mixed reviews. I do very much enjoy the taste, but sometimes I feel that I may have a sensetivity to it.. I don’t know for sure though.

18. Paul L says:

My all time favorite movie is an oldie but a goodie (well not THAT old): Ruthless People.

Thanks for asking.

19. Christina says:

UP and Toy Story 3 with my children.

20. Brenon says:

Ghandi.

21. Tamikko says:

Just love Philip 🙂 His love for his life is so contagious and his energy always makes me smile 🙂 :):)
    My favorite movie was just a couple of weeks ago, Toy Story 3. Absolutely amazing on so many levels. There’s a part where they all hold hands in the face of the inevitable and I cried so hard. It’s one of my all time faves now and I can’t wait to see it again 🙂

22. Amy Davidson says:

I love movies!
    Alice In Wonderland
    Raw For Life
    Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days

23. Julie says:

I really liked Karate Kid (the new one), I like the “buddhist” flair, heehee!

24. gardenia says:

my favorite movie is

hedgehog in the fog.

it can be watched here:

25. Chilliwack Dan says:

My favorite movie is V for Vendetta.
    Dan

26. Sean Christopher says:

Yeah, looks yummy! I can even see how once dehydrated it might resemble popcorn. I wish more new food recipes got respect for what they are, not what they’re supposed to remind us of or attempting to take the place of. Imagine a kid who grew up in a raw food family eating dehydrated cauliflower curry snacks for years and then one day after moving out into the world had popcorn at somebody’s house with the same spicing. I wonder if that kid would think, “Wow, this exploded corn kernel stuff is a lot like my favorite cauli-snacks but kinda different also. I could probably learn to like it, but there’s just something about those crunchy cauli-snacks that Mama use to make that’s like nothing else.”

27. Sean Christopher says:

Oh, and Baraka is still my favorite movie.

28. Bonnie Carney says:

I’m always looking for cool things to do with cauliflower. Thank u! My favorite movie is, “The Birdcage.” Fantastic performances! 🙂

29. Stephanie says:

The only movie I’ve seen in the last six months is Food Inc, which I enjoyed very much.

All time? Singin’ in the Rain; Cinema Paradiso; Charade (Cary Grant AND Audrey Hepburn! How can you lose?) Also, of course, the original and very first Star Wars and Star Trek IV.

30. Susan : ) says:

I have made this popcorn recipe from the day you first posted it! I have been known to purchase 12 heads of cauliflower at once just to make this! : )

My FAV movie is Simply Raw…I know every word by heart…

31. Jan says:

I’ve probably made this recipe 3 or 4 times since watching it the first time. Thank you, I love it. I substituted the Cayenne with Turmeric which added nutrition and gave it an even more yellow color.
    My favorite movie is generally the last one I watched. I loved Avatar, and
    Alice but Toy Story 3 still has me thinking about it. Such a well done movie, I laughed, cried, gasped, was on the edge of my seat more than once. It teaches values and appropriate behavior on so many levels.
    A real ‘how to have fun’ movie.

32. Elaine says:

I’m a big Sherlock Holmes fan.

33. sye says:

The Karate Kid was awesome. Total Inspiration!

34. Bob says:

Fav movie: Pulp Fiction

35. Cindy says:

Thanks for the replay. i had forgotten about this and it is a timely reminder as I just bought a HUGE head of cauliflower yesterday, so guess what I’m making for a snack later today!
    Thanks guys have a great day.
    P.S. I love “When a man loves a woman’. Two of my favorite actors, Meg Ryan and Andy Garcia.

36. Judy Pokras says:

I’d like to be in touch with William Farver and would appreciate if he could message me on Facebook, where I am the only Judy Pokras. Thanks!

37. Karly says:

I have used and loved Nutritional Yeast for many years. Recently however, through a Naturopath I had an allergy test done and discovered that I am allergic to Nutritional & Brewers yeast. I was a little bummed at first but extremely glad to know what I personally need to avoid. Luckily my allergy list is extremely small so there is so much I can have and enjoy, it’s really no big deal. If you’re not allergic to nutritional yeast, I highly recommend it!

38. Susan says:

Thanks for this video. I have two favorite foods in the world HotDogs and Popcorn… high indigestion and going vegetarian – so hot dogs are off the menu and because popcorn kept getting stuck in my teeth, my dentist said NO more popcorn. So now I can have a popcorn alternative… and the dehyrator will give it that crunch I still need.

Favorate movie…Shirley Mclain’s Out on a Limb… lots of Machu Pechu scences in that Kev & AnnMarie..

Susan

39. Kuru says:

I’d like to know about Brewer’s Yeast too. I’ve heard it’s not related to Candida, and now I’ve heard it is. I love it and have used it as a staple for years, but gave it up a few months ago. Such a great source of Vitamin B.

I liked Departures, a sweet poignant Japanese movie. Not too much talking, so the subtitles are not distracting.

40. Wes Davis says:

I can’t wait to try making this kind of popcorn while watching my favorite movie: ACROSS THE UNIVERSE – It is a musical and I usually don’t like musicals, but throughout the whole movie, nothing but the best Beatles songs are being sung. I like The Beatles! Who doesn’t though.

41. kris says:

pulp fiction, alice in wonderland, fear and loathing, gone with the wind! im going to try this popcorn soon!!

42. Pat Godinez says:

Philip (one L) is a sweety. I’ve been following his progress for a few years. Thanks for having him…

43. tabitha says:

Where did the video go?? I was so excited to try the recipe out, and the video has disappeared! Could you please get it back up for those of us who are a little behind on your episodes???
    Also, my favorite movies are Baraka and Spirited Away.
    Thank you for your amazing contribution to uplifting the health and wellbeing of America!

44. Gab says:

Definitely Monty Python’s “Meaning of Life”… well then of course there’s Hitchcock’s “Rear Window” with Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly … only Hitchcock could create a suspense movie that all takes place in one room. Suspense galour! Think I’ll watch it this aft and have this popcorn!