Raw Food Recipes for Peanut Butter Cups : The Renegade Health Show Episode #592

Wednesday Jun 16 | BY |

You asked for a raw food recipe for peanut butter cups…

So here it is!

There are two special ingredients that make it taste like Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, so if you’ve had impostors before, this is the real deal.

Just be sure to keep it cool with these guys… too much chocolate is… well… too much chocolate!

Your question of the day: What do you like best – almond butter, peanut butter or cashew butter?

Raw Food Recipe for Peanut Butter Cups

The idea for the best filling here: http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2009/11/raw-vegan-peanut-butter-cups.html

Chocolate Sauce

– 3 tbsp cacao powder
– 2 tbsp cacao butter (softened)
– 1/4 cup coconut oil (softened)
– sweeten to taste, I used 3 soaked dates but if you are looking for your chocolate to not have any white spots once frozen you will need to make sure the dates are completely dry.

Blend well.

Peanut Butter Filling

2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1/2 Tsp Nutritional yeast

Mix well.

Get some mini muffin papers and fill with a small amount of chocolate sauce. Add 1 tsp of peanut butter, then cover with more Chocolate Sauce.

Freeze over night or until it is fully frozen. Serve with friends!

1. jackie says:

I’ve gotta say….peanut butter is my favorite, though I don’t eat too much of it any more.

2. Crystal says:

Just curious… why use nutritional yeast instead of sea salt?

3. Stephanie says:

I cannot wait to view this and give it a go. Though I just had to chime in: peanut butter. Hands down. (Though I only use it as a comfort food at my parents these days. Hey, it’s better than carving into the endless blocks of cheddar cheese my mom insists on keeping around!!)

4. Samantha Hussey says:

Jungle Peanut Butter!!

Have loads of shedding, introspection and ceremony with the Qero in Peru!!

May we all be in Ayni!

Tukumunaynioq (all-encompassing love)
    Sam

5. Almond butter. Much healthier. But love peanut butter too – just try not to do too much of it.

6. Martha says:

I traded my beloved peanut butter for the greatest butter there is Cashew Butter! It makes a yummy snack when you put it on kale!

7. John says:

oh, raw cashew butter hands down. its the sweetest and yummiest!

8. heidi says:

almond

9. Lea says:

I literally wrote down on my list of things to do today “look up raw vegan reese peanut butter cups” about 30 minutes before I checked my email and got the link to this. Talk about good timing! These look awesome!!! Peanut butter is my favorite!

10. Kurt says:

We buy organic alfatoxin-free coconut peanut butter. It’s rather good.

11. Erina says:

peanut butter is really good – i dont eat it often – but my girlzzz love it & hope to make them your recipe soon- havent commented in few months but i still always watch & enjoy your shows – you both do an excellant job – ever come to cape cod?

12. paul says:

I got some raw organic almond butter from whole foods, wow, that stuff is great especially on toast.
    The peanut butter cups looked delicious. Thanks for the idea.

13. kari says:

Cashew butter, most definitely.

Quick question (for me but maybe not for you), what are some reliable places to purchase some raw foods online (ie hemp seed, yacon, etc)? Living in NW Ohio doesn’t afford much in the way of stores carrying raw items, even the local health food store.

Thanks! Great show!

14. James says:

sometimes i will have a spoon of almond butter and raw honey …mmmmm

15. Janet says:

I’ve never tried cashew butter, but I like both peanut and almond butters! I really like your recipes that you give on Wednesday’s. But how long do raw recipes keep? I’m the only one eating raw in our household (started a few weeks ago). I made a 1/2 recipe of the sweet onion bread, but I still had way more than I can eat at one time. Do I refrigerate the leftovers? Put them in airtight containers? Freeze it? I would really appreciate any advice.

16. Isabel says:

I love all three of them, but cashew butter is my favorite.

17. Blair says:

oh gosh….i used to be obsessed with cashew butter, but it was so hard for me to stay away from when i had it.

now i have a similar problem with the almond butter, just not as serious hah.

18. Denise R. says:

I just made up some almond butter raisin cookies in the dehydrator. I used some almond flour, milled flax seeds and shredded coconut to thicken the mixture and some honey to sweeten it. Yum! They remind me of oatmeal raisin cookies

19. Page says:

I second the almond butter w/ raw honey vote!

20. Great recipe, thanks.
    My fav right now is raw almond butter.
    Haven’t tried cashew yet.
    Yep, I also do the almond butter and honey mix.

21. Thomas M. says:

Great video! That said, is there a suggestion for an alternate oil for those with a coconut allergy?

22. RJ says:

Good to see Lyle and Ellie again. Hope your arm heals quickly, Ellie! And, Lyle, I didn’t think your hair was curly enough to be Kevin on today’s episode but you did a very good job pretending to be Kevin!
    🙂

I can’t wait to bite into this delicious treat after I make it!!

Thanks for the easy recipe!
    😉

23. Marcla Green says:

How refreshing, Ellie doesn’t know what a “peanutbutter cup” is!!!! Did anyone else notice she kept calling them “cupcakes”?

24. Megan says:

Hands down, Cashew butter!

25. Tyra McMahon says:

peanut butter and chocolate = YUM!!!

26. Melissa says:

almond butter! most definitely! 😛

27. Sue says:

Yum recipe thank you! All three of those butters taste great, with cashew just a tad yummier for me….but hazelnut butter is my alltime favourite!

28. Jo says:

Fun video – Annmarie and kids!

Thanks for addressing my peanut butter cup request! Yum. I can’t wait to try it.

29. nick says:

I just started making my own almond butter.

30. Brigitte says:

I know this was not one of the three asked about in today’s question, but I like macadamia nut butter the best, then followed by cashew butter.

31. Sophia says:

I can’t wait to make it! 🙂

32. john says:

Ann Marie this show you did is one of my favorites it is family and kids oriented and you are such a natural delight to see how you interact with these kids on telling them to lick the spoon ,this reminds me of what my mother would say when I was that age watching my mother bake leaning up on the counter or up near the stove. I am sentimental about things like this and hope the best for Ellie and Lyle in their baking experiences. I like all nut butters,but the tastiest on I think is Peanut butter. Great Show. Like to see more shows with you having kids help you in your show.It also serves any other kids out their who are also interested in making candies with their mother.Excellent show.Top Marks A+.

33. Nicole says:

Great hosting, AnnMarie! And your assistants filled the Kevin void well!

I used to love PB but after not eating it for a long time I noticed that even if I eat a spoonful, I burp it up…yuck. Not the same reaction to almond butter or tahini. Never had cashew butter.

Question: what do you think the best way to measure body fat is? I used a fancy scale that reads one’s body fat, hydration level, weight, etc. but I’m not sure how accurate that is compared other methods.

34. Kathryn says:

This was probably one of my favorite chocolate treats – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – I love the taste of chocolate and peanut butter together.

And this treat is actually full of zinc and magnesium which are very important minerals.

Dr. Blaylock has mentioned that magnesium can help with the toxic affects of MSG.

35. Brenda says:

Those look yummy. I prefer almond butter.

36. Celena says:

My favorite right now is almond. However, if i could find a good raw peanut butter, it would probably have to be peanut butter. I do have some raw jungle peanuts, is that what you used in your recipe??

37. Mary says:

Hi kevin,
    My son has been on Donna Gates’ Body Ecology Diet since January for autism and gut issues. He is high functioning, and his gut is back to normal!!! We are still trying to stay away from sweet fruits and sugars. Can you do a segment on Donna’s recommendation for Lakanto?
    The other kids like peanut butter, my son like cashew butter, until he became allergic to it (but now that he gut is healing, maybe he can try it gain soon) and I like the cashew and almond butter. I need to try this recipe, but with the lakanto or stevia.

38. Mary says:

Also, I just read that there is sunflower lecithin. Have you heard of it and can you do a show on it?

39. Charlotte says:

almond hands down! but I like the roasted variety the best 😉

40. Bina says:

Peanut butter!!!! I so love peanut butter. I try not to eat it too much and have also unsuccessfully tried to get my kids to switch to almond butter. But I make my own almond butter in the food processor but it gets too warm to be truely raw. The juicer doesnt really work as well as I had hoped when I bought it.

41. Ingrid says:

Almond butter baby! Great video this one, I’ll definitely be trying out the recipe for my dad’s bday this weekend. Love the blooper! We’re gonna want more of those from now on!

42. Mari says:

Love this recipe and the blooper was priceless… You go girl!

43. jasmine says:

I couldn’t watch this because i’m on day 4 of the master cleanse.

by the way, QUESTION:

What are your thoughts on the Master Cleanse? It doesn’t seem very intuitively “healthy” – lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, salt water flush? naaah.

I am w/o a juicer AND a blender at the moment so it seemed like the easiest/best solution. I’m feeling good, too. I really feel like I”m cleansing my digestive system.

44. Kathleen says:

For me, it’s got to be cashew butter. Home-made raw cashew butter is so delicately nutty and creamy! Yum! Never really liked almond butter, but I bet it’s good with chocolate. Thanks for the great recipe, and let Kevin know he has competition! 🙂

45. Kris says:

Cashew butter, for sure! Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks!

46. Sheryl says:

Why do Raw Foodist who know that Cocao is harmful to the mind & body keep supporting it?????????? I have seen what it does to those who use it – they are bouncing off the walls. Uncontrollable. The Peace & Harmony disappear. To support such a product can only bring misery into that persons world.

47. Melissa says:

I have only tried PB and almond butter but I love them both…maybe peanut a bit more! I should try the cashew butter too..yum!
    PS thank you for sharing the recipe. I love Averie’s stuff:)

48. Leam says:

Not a big nut butter fan – sometimes I like sunflower butter. When I had to gain some weight eating PB worked well.

49. Beth says:

That is one yummy recipe. I also saw it on Love Veggies & Yoga, but haven’t got around to making it yet.

Almond Butter is my preference, but my husband prefers Cashew Butter. If I am making something for both of us, I use a blend so we both get the taste we like.

50. Tonya says:

All butters in moderation, but hey it’s okay to indulge in peanut butter occasionally. Life is about living not limiting.
    -Tonya

51. YAY! I’m so glad you like Averie’s stuff as much as I do! YUM YUM YUM!!

52. Hi I’m Averie, the person who’s blog you linked for the recipe. Thank you for linking back to my site. One of my readers alerted me that this post was up!

I am so glad you feel my filling recipe is “the best”. I do too 🙂 I love using nooch (nutritional yeast) in it because it just adds that extra yummy dimension.

Hope your readers enjoy this recipe as much as mine have!

53. ivy says:

Cashew butter is my favorite for dips and cheese substitutes.

54. Dana says:

Hi Everyone,

I love PB but had a hard time controlling myself, the calories really add up fast. I found a powdered PB that has removed alot o the fat and only has 45 calories per serving. You just mix it with water. It’s a great fix when I’m craving PB. Here is the website, http://www.bellplantation.com/

Thanks Annmarie!

55. Cindy says:

I would also like to know how to store these and is it necessary to freeze them or just refrigerate them. Also is there a difference with “jungle” peanuts. i have not heard of them (maybe because I’m from Australia) and i try to not eat peanuts because of the “toxins” or fungus. Your comments would be appreciated as to what they are, the difference and your opinion on eating peanuts. I really miss eating peanut butter.
    Thanks

56. Jungle peanut butter is by far the best! It is so much better than hybridized peanut butter as well as almond and cashew butter.

57. Jacquie says:

Hey! Fab show, Annmarie! I will definitely be trying these babies. My daughter loves Reeses, so this will be a great way to get her away from those things. Hmmmm, I have to say I LOVE peanut butter, but I rarely eat it any longer. I tend to always make almond butter. I am going to get some jungle peanuts and give them a try. Great show! 😉

58. Almond butter! 🙂

This recipe looks fabulouso! Thanks! I have always been fond of Reeses PB Cups, until I discovered Newmans Own- Dark Chocoloate Mint Cups!!! mmmmmm I have to try to figure out a filling for that one!!

Thanks for the inspiration! Great show! loved the blooper, cute! Sometimes those are just the best part! Lol.

love ya tons~

C&S

59. Angie Leigh says:

CHASHEW BUTTER ALL THE WAY!!!!

60. Tamikko says:

my fave is cashew butter. There really is something special about peanut butter and chocolate though. I can’t wait to try out this recipe with all three and see if cashew butter is better tasting with the chocolate then the pb 🙂
    Great to see you got the idea from Averie’s blog 🙂 My kids are going to love this one.

61. Meri says:

Almond butter!

62. Edina says:

Peanut butter or cashew butter, but unfortunately noe of them are good for you. 🙁

63. Barbara says:

hi! this recipe seems awesome and I am definately going to try it. I haven’t had a peanut butter cup since I can’t remember when! Kudos to you Ann Marie! And the little ones are awesome as well! Peanut Butter is my favorite hands down! Apple slices with Peanut Butter…yummmmmm, heavenly!
    PS..Could you post some healthy Peanut butter brands to order or buy? Thanks for all you do….I appreciate you both!

64. Sara Rice says:

My fav would have to be truly live almond butter not the pasturized varities nor peanut/cashew butters which are rarely live- due to the high heat process to separate the toxic oils they grow in. I would like to know if you and AnnMarie have figured out how to make your own nut butters as I have had no success as of yet with my Blendtec blender getting the consistency of the store bought brands.

65. Gwen says:

I love peanut butter and used to eat a tablespoon everyday but now I only have some as an occasional treat.

66. Missy says:

um…hello…peanut butter?!?!? NOT RAW and filled with TOXINS – this is part of why it never appears in raw food recipes. Aflotoxins in a much higher concentration than cashew butter though best to avoid both, really.

67. Robyn says:

mmm, weakness for Peanut butter, but for health reasons, eat almond butter more often…=-)

68. Jessica says:

Hi,

I tried this recipe but couldn’t figure out how to soften the cacao butter. So I nuked it in the microwave and the texture was all wrong because it melted. Any suggestions for softening cacao butter?

Thanks,