Spirulina Crunchies Sweet Chlorophyll Smoothie : The Renegade Health Show Episode #572

Wednesday May 19 | BY |

This is the exact smoothie we drank every morning during the juice fast in Costa Rica…

I would wake up every morning craving this spirulina crunchies smoothie, and all through yoga I would be thinking about it. 🙂

When we got home, Annmarie made it just as good as it was in Costa Rica and now wants to share it with you…

Your question of the day: What is your favorite flower?

If you want to get some Spirulina Crunchies click here!

If you want some high quality, organic maca, click here!

Here’s the Raw Food Smoothie Recipe for Spirulina Crunchies Sweet Chlorophyll Smoothie

For 2 servings:

2 cups coconut water
1/4 cup coconut meat
4 tbsp spirulina crunchies
2 tbsp fresh local bee pollen
1 tbsp maca

Blend and enjoy 🙂

1. Stephanie says:

Gotta say… it’s a tossup between Gerbera daisies and the lowly carnation. I have always loved carnations! Perhaps it’s a throwback to high school corsages….

2. Geri says:

I love any and all flowers but my favorite is roses, all colors!
    Is it better to leave cilantro in water? Nice to see Johnny 5 again!

3. Susan says:

White tulips – You both look wonderful, so relaxed and content.

4. You guys look great. It seems like the juice fast was a good thing.

My favorite flower – small cala lilys.

5. Marilyn says:

Bluebells, without a doubt. Here in the UK they are now just at their best.
    A walk in the woods with that purple/blue haze all around, the sun shining through the branches above and the beautiful sound of birdsong – pure heaven.

6. My cat love spirulina crunchies as well. So do my kids. That’s about as good as an endorsement as one can get.

7. Lilacs … although the season for them is way too short. Other than that, any wild or fragrant flower …

8. Sandi Seegert says:

My favorite flower is the peony!! Fragrant, big, showy…the best!

9. Nadia says:

casablanca lilies. Also love the smell of jasmine flowers.

10. nick says:

Honeysuckle looks great,smells great and it taste great in a tea,wine,sorbet,syrup and its even medicinal great . fever, headache, cough, thirst, a soar throat for especially when pared with Forsythia Powder!! Grows wildly easy but the most amazing thing is that it is classified as a noxious weed in Illinois and Virginia, and is banned in New Hampshire. …

11. Judy says:

I love all types of roses. The most fragrant one is the Double Delight (two tone, yellow/peachy color). The lavender rose is also fragrant but they don’t last very long.

12. cindy says:

FREESIA
    BANKSIAS
    THISTLES
    SUNFLOWERS
    DAISIES, ALL KINDS

13. Bev says:

Favorite flower, orchid or blue lotus…

Why not give Johnny 5 some of the Spirulina? He probably needs what is in it as much as we do.

I remember getting a sample of either spirulina or blue green algae or chorella and my cat pulled it off the counter and wanted it so I gave him some. In the winter I add one or the other to the raw food we make for him every two weeks. In summer I figure he can get the plants outside so I don’t add greens to his food but still offer him some if he wants it.

Cats and dogs have nutritional needs too in fact quite high ones. While we are taking care of our own health we should be taking care of theirs too, they depend on us to do so.

Peace, Love and Harmony,
    Bev

14. kate says:

How is it a JUICE fast if you are drinking smoothies???

15. Erin-Elyse says:

Love that Johnny 5 likes spirulina crunchies. It is tempting to buy some just to try out on my friend’s cats. As far as flowers go I love almost all of them. But if I had to choose one for a bouquet it would be a toss up between beautiful orchids and great smelling star grazer lilies. As for wild flowers my favorite since I was a child growing up in California would be the coastal morning glory. These are small to medium sized white trumpet flowers with purplish stripes on the back side and they grow anywhere such as in cement cracks and climbing up dead grass.

16. Kuru says:

I like Cindy’s favorites (#10); I love whatever flower I’m looking at or smelling at the moment!

And I’ve also found Spirulina to be a natural for cats. That was the one thing I could get my cat to eat when he was dying: he would lick the tablets.

17. Lee says:

“how much cat tail?”….hahaha

18. Melissa says:

My all time favorite flower is a purple subalpine daisy!

19. Elaine says:

The sound for the song is so low now that I immediately turn the sound up to hear it, and then your voices are too loud, sure wish you could make them both the same.

20. Diane says:

I just love the scent of lily-of-the-valley, and also lilacs!!

21. Dan says:

I love crocus as it tells me winter is coming to a close. You two look good, and I love cats, so hi to Johnny Five.

22. bcb says:

Wow, some people really know they’re flowers. I’d have to say I do have a affection for the hawaiian flowers and their vibrant colors. I also think edible flowers are fun to accent with but harder to find.

23. Calla lilies, roses, lilacs, lupine…

Can you use powdered spirulina instead of the crunchies in that smoothie?

24. This looks great! I recently made the connection that I was getting headaches from spirulina, as Kevin had said he experienced. I was wondering if you are back on spirulina or you just tolerate the crunchies?

I love,love,love hollyhocks!

Christie

25. Sophia says:

One of my favorite flowers are sunflowers! I am also growing native plants and can’t wait to see them bloom!!!

26. Michael T. says:

Roses are my favorite, though there are many other delightful flowers. Orange blossom has the most amazing fragrance. Passion flower is perhaps the most beautiful. Tropical flowers are really amazing.

I was just admiring a pineapple flower today. Yes, pineapples start out as flowers, first showing up as a spike with small blue flowers. Each segment of the pineapple forms at the base of one flower.

And coffee blossoms are sweet, similar to gardenia. Hawaii is a wonderful place.

27. lynette says:

night blooming jasmine! the smell is soooo exotic!makes a delicious tea! the tubular flowers are pure white and the hummingbirds just love them as you can imagine! they thrive in the florida keys and i am fortunate enough to be able to go there soon to visit old friends, family and check out that new awesome place “Helpyourself Cafe” i thank you guys so much!after a 10 hr workday i look forward to your insightfulness and all the research and effort that you put into getting the lifesaving information out there! and the love and laughter you share in doing it! Lynette

28. Tyra McMahon says:

orange daisy’s for a visual effect. Jasmine for the smell effect. Mine is blooming right now. And in memory of my father, Keray Regan, Glads.

29. annerib says:

Awesome show! I just discovered you guys. My favourite flower is the lilac, and they’ve just begun to bloom where I live!

30. josanne says:

Gardenias, they’re so exotic and fragrant!

31. Kathy says:

All flowers are my favorites! And yes, some spirulina would be very good for Johnny 5! I once brought a dog back from death’s door by adding spirulina and some other things to its food, also knew a 17 year old puppy who had eaten blue green algae every day since puppyhood and he never did get old. He’d be 27 by now, doubt he’s still living, but he sure had a good life!

32. Lee says:

I love the Stargazer Lily!
    My husband tried to suprise me with them
    one year on our anniversary… but I
    sniffed them out. LOL

33. Alyse says:

Irish Bells! I love the way they grow and their gorgeous color of green.

My dog LOVES Jameth Sheridan’s Health Force Green Mush for pets, which is packed full of good stuff!!

34. Yvonne says:

My favorite flower is the old fashion carnation. You know, the ones that smell really great. The new hybrids have little to no perfume.

35. Karen says:

My absolute favorite is gardenia – put a couple gardenias in a room and you won’t find a better room deodorizer. Right behind that is citrus blossoms.

36. MaryAnna says:

Plain medow daisy. They look best on medows not in a vase.

37. I have to agree with Kuru #13: whatever is blooming at the moment.
    Next would be Cindy #10. I have 60 different plants in my gardens.
    If I had to choose just one, it would be the longest blooming: knock-out roses.
    The one I’m happiest to see: lilies.

We have spirulina every morning in our smoothies. Great stuff.
    Welcome home.

38. Kevin, in previous shows you mentioned to websites about pesticided in foods, could you remind them again as I couldnt find in the archives.

39. Crystal says:

Orchids and Siberian Iris

40. Sarah says:

Orchids are amazing! Their designs are so intricate and delicate…I just love them!

41. Casey and Mateo says:

I love lilac’s cause they smell, ohhh ohhh yumm and you can eat them (* absolutely only the flower no green parts*)! Ohh ohhh yumm! I only this week realized that they are my favorite, before it was Elderberry (*same warning as above*), cause they smell ohh ohh soo yumm and you can eat them too, or make them into champaign! Ohh how I love flowers!

42. Ella Jane says:

daisies and gardenias!

43. Jessic a says:

My favorite is the purple lilac because the smell is absolutely intoxicating. My favorite smell of all!!!

44. Tessa says:

I have a question (that has nothing to do with today’s show).

I would love to have more information on natural AND effective contraceptive methods. I took the pill for a while but do not trust that its good for my body.

So if health conscious people are not taking the pill, whats the prefered birth control method?

Thanks!
    Tessa

45. Patty says:

jasmine – gardenia – lilac and cattail (haha)

46. Isabel says:

Honeysuckle and lemon tree flower!

47. Angela says:

I love sunflowers! Gardenias are up there too.
    Daffadils, tulips, freesia…we have a wonderfully creative God! By the way, how did you 2 meet and get together? How long have you been together? You guys are such a cute couple!

48. John says:

I love the smell of lily of the valley, also really like my Japanese Irises and poppies are beautiful too, tough to pick just one though. 🙂

49. Hope says:

Curcuma, or TURMERIC. I have my first flower now and it is beautiful, huge and lasts a long time, plus you have fresh turmeric root after.

50. Kani says:

My favorites are aloe flowers and tuberose. I have lived both in Hawaii and Mexico and I do have a thing for tropical blossoms and their fragrances.

51. Carol says:

My flower favorite for smell is hyacinth, and
    for looks is hydrangea.

52. Peg says:

I love apple blossoms!

Your intro song is too quiet–needs to balance with your voice.

53. john says:

Excellent show,even Johnny 5 a cat loves organic greens not bad for a so called carnivore .I have too many favorite flowers if you mean edible flower I would say Sunflower if you mean a decorative flower I would say probably the Red Rose. Take Care and By By. PS. Enjoyed that excellent drink best served cold on a hot day -Hey.

54. Cindy says:

A few years ago I planted artichokes. I like how they come back every year and produce more plants. But letting the artichoke stay on the stalk and bloom is one of the coolest things ever. I have never picked the artichokes to eat, I just love them as flowers. And they stay in the flower stage a long time too, so I can enjoy them for weeks. If you haven’t seen one, try it.

55. Cindi says:

Gardenia

56. KAREN BEATTIE says:

WHAT IS MACA AND WHERE CAN YOU BUY IT? ALSO THE COCA CHOCOLATE DAVID WOLF MENTIONS. MY FAVORITE IS LYLAC AND WILD ROSES, GINGER SMELLS HEAVENLY ALSO; FOOD FOR THE SOUL!

57. Dan Desmond says:

by far my favorite flower is the SAGUARO CACTUS flower which happens to be flowering right now here in Tucson! This year there are a ton of beautiful flowers which means there’s a great chance that we’ll have a ton of saguaro FRUIT!!!! If you haven’t tried saguaro fruit, it’s a gazillion times better than durian or any other fruit that people go bonkers over. I harvest saguaro fruit every year & i have a great feeling that it is one of the great untold SUPERFOODS here in the United States.

58. Will Stern says:

Hi Kevin and Ann,
    I’m really not a flower person but, I usually say Sweet Williams. Only because my name is William. Heh. My favorite is the wild Wood violet I like hiking and I always have my mind on Wild edibles. Hmm. Sounds good don’t it?

59. Gwen says:

Gerbera Daisies are the first flower that comes to mind when thinking of favorite flower but I also love Calla Lilies and Gardenias.

60. Bill says:

My cats love spirulina too. They go absolutely nuts over it! My favourite flowers are sunflowers. I just love the size of them and the happiness that they bring. All edible flowers I love, but these are my favourite.