Raw Food Recipe for Cinnamon Banana Ice Cream : The Renegade Health Show Episode #562

Wednesday May 5 | BY |

Once we got a hold of the ceylon cinnamon, we wanted to use it with everything…

Today, Frederic Patenaude, Veronica and I are making a raw food recipe for Cinnamon-Banana Ice Cream.

It’s completely raw, completely vegan, and completely awesome.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: What is the most bananas you’ve eaten in a day?

Raw Food Recipe for Cinnamon Banana Ice Cream

1-2 Bananas
4-5 Frozen Bananas
1 Cup Almond Milk
Vanilla and Cinnamon to Taste

Enjoy!

1. Leam says:

This looks really delicious! I used to make banana ice cream the same way Frederic did with a champion juicer and frozen bananas.
    I have gotten away from eating bananas; they seem too sweet to me now and they often give me a headache. Anyway, I’m sure many will enjoy this simple and sweet treat.

2. Linda says:

Looks delicious!!!! I already have some frozen bananas….think I’ll try this for dessert! Thank You

3. Quinny says:

I once ate 28 bananas in a day. Nothing but bananas!!

The ice-cream looks yummy but I was adviced not to eat fruits with nut together…

4. Sarah says:

I can’t eat more than one banana a day or I gag, even though I love bananas. This dessert sounds good. I’ll have to just make it for myself since my husband said he won’t be having any. All the more for me!

5. Betsy says:

Hi Kevin, Is it true not to eat nuts with fruits together, thx.

6. MomT says:

WOW thanks. Looks great. Can’t wait to try it.

7. Janet says:

No no no, Kev! It is Kerala cinnamon that is the best, even better that Ceylon cinnamon. It is the true cinnamon 🙂 🙂 🙂

8. John says:

on a terrible binge, i have eaten 24 bananas in a day. OMG I MAKE THIS RECIPE ALL THE TIME!!! but i add some pecans

9. Stephanie says:

the most bananas eaten in a day? probably 5-6. i don’t do it often, but they are such an easy snack to grab on the go…. i do love them.

10. Martha says:

I guess the most I’ve eaten is 5 on this week on the 7 Day Raw Food Challenge! I think I will start eating bunches of bananas and try this ice cream that sounds so yummy!!!!

11. Karen says:

Hey now…

This recipe looks sooo divine ~ cannot wait to try it and try it with my teen who loves ice cream. I teach a raw live class this month in Minnesota and I may demo this as well…

I bet you can replace the “I’m a kitchen Moron” with “I’m becoming kitchen loving” We are all growing and our language is so important.

I’m thankful for the offerings you give, you and AMarie and the others you bring. Give thanks.

one love,

karen

12. Sandy says:

Lovely to see Veronica and Frederic looking so happy and how wonderful that they share the same raw food passion.
    Very interested to hear about the Ceylon cinnamon A query about this great looking fast recipe please – for me everything has to be really quick and I have never been able to be bothered to set up the juicer to make ice cream before but this looks so easy and so good I’ve got to try it. The video doesn’t seem to show Veronica putting any unfrozen bananas into the blender with the almond milk yet the recipe says to add unfrozen ones first. Any more info on this please?
    All the best to you all from the UK.

13. Nihacc says:

4 bananas in one day! 😀 I was in another city, I was really hungry and it took me at least one hour to find a fruit store… so when I found it I ate four bananas in a row. Crazy!

14. Basia says:

A suggestion for Leam. Often people who are sensitive get headaches from non-ecological bananas. When you try making your ice cream, make sure you get ecological ones and see if you still get the headache.

15. christina r says:

INVEST IN A TRIPOD!! PLEASE!

16. Eli says:

How many bananas I ate today? HAHA!

I ate 15 bananas today! Yup, low fat raw vegan is the way to go!!!! And now, I’m gonna eat this delicious ripe papaya… mmmmmmmm… yummy in my belly !

Congratulation for the wedding Bella and Fred!

PS : Don’t eat bananas with nuts… and go read the 801010 book by Douglas Graham :o)

17. Stacy says:

Sounds great but the recipe posted below the video does not match what she did…please proof the last 2 linse of your recipe and if you could correct it, that would be great, it doesn’t make any sense and I want to make sure we do it right…thanks :)…

“Blend the Almond Milk and unfrozen bananas first. Then add the frozen bananas. Add spices last.”

18. Amber says:

Oh my goodness! What a treat!!!! I saw the video and immediately made some banana ice cream, but then I decided to add some raw cacao powder and then added unsweetened coconut for garnishment. I feel like I’m eating german chocolate ice cream now.

Thank you for this wonderful idea that is not only tasty, but so good for you.

Amber

19. Debra Johnson says:

Hello,

Thank you for that cool ice cream recipe. That gives me great raw food desert to make.

Debra

20. Once and awhile, on special days, we just make banana ice cream as a meal. My favorite recipe is:

Approx 6 frozen bananas (chop in small chunks and freeze)
    1/2 cup hemp seed
    1/2 cup coconut meat or shredded coconut
    4 soaked dates
    2 tbsp cacao powder or carob powder (or both)
    2 tbsp maca powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tbsp vanilla powder
    pinch of sea salt

I have a VitaMix, but I generally make this in my 14 cup food processor and it turns out great. So indulgent!

Here’s a couple of our renditions:

21. Denise says:

Looks like you are having lots of fun – I have been a fan of Frederic Patenaude for a long time (I was actually in his first Do What You Love course), and I think he was how I found out about you guys!

Please pass on my congratulations to the newlyweds, and thanks for all the hard work you guys do to bring us healthy living ideas every day.

I think I have had 3 bananas in a day!

Cheers!

22. Joan says:

Looks really yummy! Can’t wait to try – I think I have eaten, at the most, 4 or 5 bananas in a day…prefer a variety of fruit, but bananas are the easiest to grab on the run!

23. Derrick Coleman says:

Serioulsy, my mouth was watering during this video. Bananas are probably my favorite fruit, still, I think I’ve only had 3 or 4 in a day max! Thanks for a great recipe!

24. Barbara says:

One banana a week would be my max. There’s way, way too much sugar in bananas.

25. Pedja says:

haha oh I love Mitch Hedberg. You guys look like you’re having a great time in Costa Rica. Great Ice cream recipe too!

I’d say about 10 bananas

26. anne says:

add some cacao powder and its chocolate banana:)

27. Hi Kevin,

Thanks, Veronica (and congrats) for the recipe. I do not eat bananas, at all, as they do not agree with me (last time I developed a skin rash from them and I even ate it as a mono meal, according to suggestion from Dr Graham). I would have to substitute the bananas with frozen mangos, persimmons, etc (which would be delicious, just the same.

As to the person who mentioned about nuts and fruits not being mixed. Yes, it is better to eat fruit by itself and not add any nuts. I would probably skip that part in the recipe, myself or try to find another way to make it.

I have not been able to post to my own blog lately, but you are welcome to check it out and read up on my 42 day coconut water cleanse and other health-related articles I have written (to read about the cleanse from the beginning you need to go to the archives starting in December 2009).

Namaste!
    Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beauty

28. I’ve probably eaten as many as 5 or 6 bananas in a day (especially as banana ice cream!) …

My favorite banana drink is 2 bananas, about 8 ice cubes, 1-2 tbsp cacao powder and water to blend, pureed … makes an awesome low fat no added sugar chocolate shake

29. Corrinne says:

My what a wonderful recipe I can’t wait to try it! Thank you and my best to the newlyweds. I have only eaten 1 banana in a day.

30. em says:

The presentation is beautiful.
    I’m sure it tasted even better!

31. giselle says:

the most I ate was 4

32. Steph says:

OMG! I can’t wait to try that ice cream!

3 bananas in one day. I know that might not seem like alot but I’m diabetic, so it is for me:)

33. Guylaine says:

Thanks for the two awesome recipes Fred. Frederic, Veronica, Kevin and Annmarie, you rawk my world today.

34. amy says:

5 bananas on day 2 of this group cleanse in the morning meal! I thought that was ALOT of bananas but I ate it with the mixture of other ingredients and felt satisfied.

35. Lucia Belfiore says:

Recipe sounds great…I’ll have to try it!
    I’ve eaten 8 bananas in a day.

36. Caroline says:

Yes, Eli, lowfat raw vegan!! I’ve read dr. Doug graham’s book, too, and a very nice one at that.
    Hmm…fruit with fat..? Not so much with me anymore… : / .

Most bananas in a day you ask? Around 15 to 20, I’d say. Don’t really keep track that much. And that wasn’t even on a banana island day! =) !!

Hope you’re having a good time with all of that ripe fruit! ’cause i’m uber jealous!! =)

37. This looks great, I haven’t tried cinnamon in my banana ice cream… what a great idea! I think that the amount of almond milk and fat content is negligible, plus this is a dessert, not a staple.

Thanks very much!

38. I think the most bananas I’ve eaten in one day was about 8… blended with greens, as kind of a mono-meal.

39. Yasmine says:

I didn’t raise my hand….

40. john says:

Thank you kevin and your guests for sincerely and genuinely caring and sharing about information about cinnamon . I will throw out all my toxic hard cinnamon sticks.Got a bang out of your banana joke,you have class Kevin. Thank you Frederick and Veronica and Ann Marie! You all are High Quality People.Bye bye.

41. Nicole says:

Hmm, I’ve eaten six bananas in one sitting, but could probably eat a lot more. I’ve never let myself go wild and eat as many as I wanted in one sitting, but maybe someday I will. Love bananas with cinnamon!

Note: banana ice cream with durian mixed in is also delicious!

42. Elaine says:

The most bananas I’ve eaten is when I was 2…yes I remember this. I loved bananas. My mom kept them under the sink, on a shelf and I snuck and took one at a time…throwing the peals in the garbage can outside…until they were all gone. I still love bananas…but Ino longer eat them due to a brain tumor (sugar content). Could it have started then??? I ate bananas with Hershey’s chocolate, with Quick chocolate, with fresh cream frozen on sliced bananas…but, alas, all good things come to an end. Just writing this makes me want a banana or two…hehe.

43. Hilary says:

Sounds awesome, will be a hit with my children :). It’s always good to find sweet recipes like this that I know they’ll love. Thank you.

44. rawsip girl says:

Yummy…I blend frozen banana with frozen strawberries…fast and very good.

45. Chris & Sara says:

MMMm. Looks delicious. Love the presentation. Fancy Pants! 🙂

We love bananas (ooo-ooo-ahh-ahh) They are growing plentiful here on our property and have never eaten as much as we do now! They make the perfect base for green smoothies. Ours are smaller and called “Apple Banana” .

We did a cool video on harvesting our bananas! Check it out~

The most we ate in a day maybe 5?? Not sure. But they are the only thing in the freezer.

We like to use coconut meat and banana for really creamy ice cream. Great to give someone who eats regular ice cream. They will LOVE.

Or you can replace the almond milk with coconut water if you are concerned with fat.

Thanks for the vid. Congrats to Frederic and Veronica!

Aloha~ C&S

46. Eric P. says:

I’ve never eaten more than two bananas in a day, as I believe it’s unhealthy do eat more than that.

47. Jonathan says:

During my freshman year at college, my roommate and I found a box of bananas (one of the big boxes that they ship a whole bunch of bananas together) for only $5 at the grocery store. We bought them with the intention of eating the entire box that night… which we did… over 35 bananas each!

48. Jan says:

Thanks for the recipe.
    With the weather getting warmer my family will start asking for ice cream.
    Thanks again!

49. Cherie says:

Thaks for the recipe and all the great recipes in the comments. The most bananas in a day, 5 or 6.

50. Tara says:

Hi My name is Tara I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited to make this banana ice cream but I am wondering if its suppose to turn out like thick a pudding??? after making i put it in the freezer..

Is it make and eat or make and freeze then Eat??????

51. Genevieve says:

I am going to go make some right now!!! I keep banana chunks in the freezer, so I don’t even have to wait 24 hours for the bananas to freeze.

What about using hemp milk or coconut milk in place of the almond milk?

Interested to hear more about the different cinnamons too.

Thanks.

52. Tyra McMahon says:

Looking forward to you carrying that cinnamon since I put it in my smoothie every morning!

53. Elaine says:

I think I’ve had up to 8 in one day.

54. Veronika says:

Yummy!! So many combinations I could try…maybe I’ll try blueberry without the cinnamon.

Regarding the fruit & nut combo – yes, it’s better to fruits and nuts separately as they digest differently. But the amount of fat & protein in almond milk is pretty slim, and definitely not the same as eating whole nuts with fruit. And if you make sure own almond milk you can make it more watery if you want.

55. Yeroc says:

It looks great and I love bananas as much as the next guy, but Am I the only person on here that can’t digest bananas properly? Bananas have always clogged my system. If a food backs you up, then it can’t be that good for you, right?

56. Myriam says:

I don’t put milk in my banana ice cream. I usually make smaller pieces out of the frozen bananas, put in the flavor i want and blend in the vitamix. Had a bit of water if necessary, it will do the trick!

57. bear says:

I grew 13 different varieties of bananas in the Baja. Like to freeze them and I probably consumed up to 15 to 20 nanners a day during the season. Like eating ice-cream.

58. Congratulations! your wedding was beautiful, i’ve seen the photos.. 🙂

Great recipe, nice and simple I love that.

I eat at least 25 bananas for afternoon tea!! I love to cut up cavandish bananas then pour blended Lady finger bananas over the top. The ladies are thick and creamy, it’s just like custard.. I call it my Banana Custard Pudding.. just divine!!

Great stuff Kevin and Annemarie.. love your work!

Karen 🙂

59. andy says:

DO they sell that Ceylon cinnamon there ?

60. The most bananas I think I’ve ever eaten in a day is 4 or 5 but I could probably eat more.

What is the deal with not being able to mix fruit and nuts anyway? Why is it bad? I love fruit-nut combinations.

61. Tracey says:

I recently decided to give up dairy and was sad about losing ice-cream on hot days. Your recipe sounds great and I’m going to try it out right now!!!