Sweet and Savory Soup Raw Food Recipe with Frederic Patenaude : The Renegade Health Show Episode #557

Wednesday Apr 28 | BY |

In Costa Rica, we’re staying with Frederic Patenaude and his fiance Veronica…

We’ve been eating a lot of fruit as an experiment to see how our bodies adjust to the tropical food.

So for the experiment has been successful… acne is not popping up and I feel great (and full!)

We’ve had about 1-2 watermelons a day, 2-3 mangoes, 1-2 pineapples, coconut water, tomatoes, cucumbers, some flax seeds, and fruit whenever we feel like it. I just ate 2 cantelopes. 🙂

Today, Frederic will show you how to make a surprisingly good raw food recipe for Sweet and Savory Soup.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: Please leave Frederic and Veronica some wedding wishes!

To check out Frederic Patenaude’s website, please visit www.fredericpatenaude.com

Here’s the raw food recipe for Sweet and Savory Soup

Frederic Patenaude’s Low Fat, Raw Food Sweet and Savory Soup

2 Mango
1 Tomato
1 Cucumber
3 Stalks Celery
1 Green Onion
1 Handful Parsley
Chipotle or Cayenne Pepper to Taste

Blend, but not too much! Add back chopped tomato or cucumber then spice.

1. Sarah says:

Congradulations! I have been married for 16 years to my best friend and twin flame. It has been awesome. Thanks for the new recipe. I am looking forward to making it.

2. Yum, sweet and savory together is my favorite!

3. eyla says:

Congratulations!

Have a wonderful day on Tuesday 🙂

4. eyla says:

Oh and the soup looks delicious, I will definitely try it,
    It’s great to get low fat but satisfying recipes, thanks!

5. Horst Schmidt says:

veggy cutter site, please TO ORDER

6. Barbara W. says:

Best wishes Frederic & Veronica! Just checked out a delightful video on Frederic’s website. It documents Frederic & Veronica’s love story. Head on over and check it out! It’s part of the April 14th posting.

7. … and congrats on the marriage Frederic and Veronica! I really love what you do … Sunfood Cuisine was one of the first raw food books I read when I discovered raw.

8. I AM A COSTARRICAN, LIVING HERE, AND HAPPY TO SEE THAT YOU CHOOSE THIS WONDERFUL COUNTRY TO GET MARRIED. MY BEST WISHES, AND AT YOUR SERVICE. MY PHONES ARE 2228-2287 AND 8384-9255.

9. kate says:

Congrats! Loved your book and hope you come out with another low fat cookbook!

10. Christine says:

BEST WISHES ON YOUR WEDDING DAY

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU BOTH

11. Pamme says:

Best Wishes Frederic & Veronica!

BTW, I just signed up on Low Fat Raw Vegan Ning!

Kevin & Annmarie, you have to try biriba while you are down there. I had it when I was down there a week and a half ago and it’s yummy!

12. Geri says:

May God be with the both of you! Congratulations!
    Thanks for the recipe! Looks yummy!!!

13. Mary Artemis says:

Well, you can’t say it better than Christine, above:

God bless you both with more blessings than you could ever imagine !

I just read about your leaving Costa Rica. Chalk it up to another chapter in the proverbial ‘book’. – Glad you could share some of it with the Gianni’s and hope your friendship blossoms.

I could tell by looking at Veronica on Paul Nisan’s video that she is the perfect sweetest wife!

I also have done my stint in the tropics and, as a Corporate Wife, have lived in Singapore and the Philippines, worked in Malaysia and lived traveled additionally all over the Pacific Rim. I did get tired and moved to Sonoma, CA, now home is Stamford, CT.

I think what means most to me is my marriage to my piano teacher husband, all my kids and thoughts of a garden, eating well, teaching others and serving those around me.

Blessings on all your readers, fellow students in health !!

Mary from Stamford, CT

14. Wonderful Wedding Bliss to Yummy Frederic and Veronica – Blessings from Calgary,AB!! May you experience All encompassing Love ! Tukomunayoq!

15. Bob Harrison says:

Thanks for sharing the soup recipe Fred. Also, much thanks for forwarding the photos taken in Hollywood. Wishing you and Veronika a memorable wedding on Tuesday and a life of bliss thereafter.
    Bob Harrison in la belle province.

16. naomi says:

thanks for the recipe frederic! will try it, all the best to you and veronica in your life together, i will check out your website now

17. Dianne says:

All the best on your wedding day Frederic and Veronica.

Dianne – from Ottawa where it actually snowed yesterday. 🙂

18. Leam says:

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their hard work. For if one of them should fall, the other one can raise his partner up…And a three fold cord cannot quickly be torn in two. Ecclesiastes 4:9,10,12b Congratulations!

19. Tamikko says:

Congrats to you both. Would love to have Veronica on too. Recipe looks delicious. Insanely jealous right now. Yummy! Would love to hear how other things are going in Costa Rica, like prices of food and weather etc.

20. RJ says:

Thank you, Kevin and Annmarie for introducing me to yet another health enthusiast!!

Are their any wild edibles in Costa Rica that you could share with us?????? Thank you. 🙂

I went to Frederic’s website and found the following lovely video of him and Veronica.

Please tell the lovely couple that they have inspired me to try the internet for the love I am searching for.

Frederic and Veronica’s Love will Last Forever! ~~~~~CONGRATULATIONS~~~~~

21. Diana Press says:

Congratulations Fred and Veronika! You all do so much for the raw food movement, thanks for all the inspiration and support,it makes a world of difference to me! Keep up the great work and best wishes to all.

22. Jacqueline says:

Congratulations and the best in everything to you and Veronica on your special day and beyond! Thanks for the recipe! I will try it!

Yours was the first raw program I ever bought!
    As a french Canadian you have a special connection for me…I truly enjoy listening to you and hearing from you!

the best in everything!
    Jacqueline

23. Amina says:

Peace and blessings from San Antonio, Texas!
    May Allah bless you with long and happy lives together!
    Amina

24. Christine says:

Thanks for the soup recipe. I’m new to raw food and am trying to get my husband as excited about it as I am. May you have a wonderful life together, filled with the things that make you happiest. Congratulations on your marriage and may God bless you both!

25. john says:

Great recipe Frederic.Wish you and your soon to be wife all the Best. Keep God and prayer in your life and In your mind, on a daily basis even when life does not go your way ,keep Jesus Christ first last and always and read and study GOD’S HOLY WORD.

26. Monica says:

Kevin,

Will you please give us your take on eating aloe vera gel? I’m a bit confused by how much positive and negative info I’ve come across. Thanks!

27. Jo says:

All the best! Auguri!!!

jo

28. Linda Miller says:

Fred and Veronica, congratulations and God’s blessings on your marriage.

29. Nicole says:

Congratulations, and bonne chance, Frederic!

Kevin, hope you enjoy your trip!

30. Keith says:

Congrats on the wedding. Hey Kevin, on another episode you were discussing how oil of oregano kills both good and bad bacteria. I was wondering if you could look into and discuss hydrogen peroxide on a future episode. Apparently good bacteria thrives in a high oxygen environment and bad bacteria does not. This would make H202 a good alternative to antibiotics and oil of oregano. It can supposedly be used for mouthwash, orally, externally for many ailments. I’d really appreciate it if you could discuss it on one of your episodes.

31. Pary says:

Dear Frederic and Veronica, Congratulations on your wedding Day! I wish you all the best for now and the future. Thank you for the beautiful video. Lots of fruits, veggies and MANGOS! My favorite fruit! I can live on eating just mango.

32. Sandra says:

One of my daughters lives in Costa Rica. I just returned from 26 days of pura vida. Amy
    is 110% raw – mostly fruit and lives simply, sustainably and is authentic. She is very, very happy in CR – it supports her life style, not just a raw food diet. Read more about Amy and her incredible story at: http://www.visionmagazine.com/archives/0903/LivingArts_Manhattan.html

Rawvelous Sandy (the mom)

33. Melissa says:

Congratulations! 😀

34. Rossana says:

Hello!I wanted to ask you about fruits.I saw a movie from the Hippocrates Health Institute and they said you must limit your fruit intake to 5 % a day.Do you know something about this?
    I recently turned vegan,about 60% raw vegan and I like eating lots of fruits is this bad?

35. Siobhán (Ireland) says:

Thanks for the soup recipe Fred.
    Wishing you and your fiancee a lovely day on Tuesday and lots of health and happiness for your life together.

36. Jan says:

Congratulations Frederic and Veronica.
    Thanks for the recipe, can’t wait to try it. I enjoy sweet & sour taste.
    Looking forward to future shows with you.

37. Colleen says:

Congratulations (Felicitations) to Frederic and Veronica!

That soup looked absolutely delicious, I am definitely going to give it a try once we get some mangos here.

38. Kris says:

You guys are too cute together! Thanks for the recipe! (ps Frederic, I have your dvds and love them.)

Frederic and Veronica, I wish for you a lifetime of blessings!

39. To Veronica And Frederic,CONGRATULATIONS.
    May your lives be like wild flowers,
    growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day.
    love peace and joy.
    fatima

40. Melissa says:

Congratulations Frederic and Veronica!! May you have a wonderful and joyful life together:)

41. Rhonda D says:

Frederic and Veronica Best wishes on your wedding. May your health and love last forever.
    The soup looks really good must try it.
    Thanks Kevin and Annmarie

42. Mark says:

Hi guys,
    Love the show and information…
    I would be interested in knowing:-
    If you were diagnosed with cancer What systems / protocols would you put in place to give your self the best chance of curing yourself? (please be very specific)
    Also
    If you were diagnosed with heart disease what systems / protocols would you put in place to give your self the best chance of curing yourself? (please be very specific)
    The reason I ask this is that almost everyone we know will die from one of these things (not with standing accidents) and it is very hard to get a definitive answer. I realise that the information you give is not medical advice; However, I am sure many people would appreciate a solid starting point.
    Many thanks
    Keep up the good work
    Mark

43. Amy says:

Congratulations, Veronica and Frederic! I wish you all the best!

44. June says:

Best Wishes. I enjoyed your talk in Calgary but I can see why you like Costa Rica. It is snowing here today.

45. raw thing says:

May your love stay alway raw and ripe and never fade!

Greetings and congratulations from Croatia!

Have fun at the wedding!

46. Derrick Coleman says:

Congratulations! May God bless your union and bring you peace and prosperity!

47. brian mason says:

AWESOME recipe..thank you very much! We are just getting ready to sit down and enjoy a late Friday night dinner:) We have been consuming a living diet for some time now–of course we aren’t perfect–but we do consume about 75% (or more) of our daily nutrition from fruit–I read a comment above asking if that is okay and I say… it is probably up to your own body. As for me? Fruit has saved my life and made me feel the best I have in YEARS–I am a high energy person and it gives me the bounce I need to keep up with myself:)–I tell people it is the secret to my vibrant health and upbeat energy–including my wife and 2 boys. They have NEVER consumed any animal product other than a bit of honey and are the healthiest children I know! Thank you again–we truly enjoy your website and look forward to learning more–let me know when you’re coming to Michigan:)

48. Jacquie says:

Thanks so much for sharing a recipe and look forward to more. Congratulations on your coming wedding! Blessings and all the best to you both! 🙂

49. Nihacc says:

Congratulations!!! Happy wedding and lots of love!

50. Kathy says:

This is a great recipe I will have to tell all my friends how delish this is! Thanks,

51. Erin says:

CONGRATULATIONS FREDERIC AND VERONICA!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day and life together.

Thank you for the recipe. I just got your DVD series and am really looking forward to checking them out!

All the best!

52. Wonda says:

You guys are two of my favorites, it’s so good to see you together. Thanks for the show.

Fred and Veronica I wish you all God’s blessings.

53. Another great show!!!

Wishing Veronica and Frederic a Beautiful Wedding and Marriage!

Blessings,

Dr. Linda.

54. i am having a problem with your program.it is my understanding that you should eat fruit by its self ,because it passes to the intestine.when you mix fruit with veg. it stays in the stomach and rots.right or wrong?
    thanks jack

55. Leah Disney says:

Great recipe! And to Veronica and Fredric Congrats!

56. Christine says:

Congratulations to Fred and Veronica. May God bless you and keep you together and happy for the rest of your lives!
    Thank you Kevin for bringing Fred into your show. He is also one of my favorite people in the raw movement.
    God bless the Patenaudes and the Giannis!

57. Val Jacobson says:

I noticed Fredrick scooped out the mango. I wash the skin while the mango is whole, then take out the pit and add the peel and all! It’s a nice peppery flavor, so you may not need the Chipotle. This is similar to a soup I make with cilanrto and cumin in place of the parsely. Try it!

58. Pat G. says:

I still have Frederic’s Eat an Apple magazines and met him in 2003 in Corvallis at an intimate setting of one of the first International Raw Food Festivals. He was such a lovely mature engaging guy; I’d wish I was 20! Other luminaries there were Ani Phyo, Victoria Butenko, Elaina Love, Tonya Kay, Fred Bischi, Viktoras Kulvinskas (hey, this raw food works wonders for memory) John Kohler, Cheria Soria, Tim Trader, David Wolfe, Doug Graham and Rozalind Gruben, PhD (a fave speaker). I wish I was back there. Anyway, this ain’t about me and my 57 y/o memory!

My 87 y/o mother was influenced by Frederic when she read Raw Secrets and stopped making carrot juice every day; said she had to eat the whole veggie…lol

I also did Frederic’s Body Enlightenment System in 2006, a phenomenal program which led me to meeting my current housemate, Marianna, and learning EFT. It was nice he remembered me on his calls.

Anyway, dear Frederic, may you enjoy a fulfilling and fun life with Veronica and a special partnership that will continue to thrive.

Your friend in San Francisco,

Pat Godinez

59. Maryanne says:

Hi .. can someone please let me know how this amount of fruit affects the body when one has hypo or hyper glyceamia ? usually after eating lots of fruit one can get very shaky and weak.

Maryanne