A Raw Food Superbowl Not-Yo Nacho Cheese Bites – The Renegade Health Show Episode #497

Wednesday Feb 3 | BY |

Yes, the Superbowl is coming up…

And yes, I realize not many of you care about it! 🙂

Today, we wanted to give those of you who have to go to Superbowl parties a raw food recipe to bring with you.

It’s called Not-Yo Nacho Cheese bites…

Your question of the day: Who do you want to win the Superbowl?

Here’s the recipe!

Raw Food Recipe for Not-Yo Nacho Cheese Bites

The ‘Meat’

3 Carrots
1 1/2 C walnuts or sunflower seeds – soaked and rinsed well
4 green onions
1 garlic clove
1/2 tbsp tomato powder
1/2 tbsp cacao powder
cilantro – to taste
cumin – to taste
cayenne – to taste
sea salt – to taste
splash of tamari

Process all in food processor

The Raw Food Nacho ‘Cheese’

1 cup cashews – not soaked, just rinsed well
1/2 yellow pepper
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 clove garlic
juice of one lemon
1/4 turmeric

For the Bite

Cut a piece of Romain Lettuce in four bite size pieces

Top with a bit of nacho ‘meat’, ‘cheese’, and garnish it with chopped up tomatoes and avocados.

Enjoy with friends… thanks for the idea Truth-I! 🙂

1. Dr J says:

GO GO GO Colts

2. RJ says:

Wow! I am fairly new to your show and I must say this show was my favorite. BOTH of you were at the very, very TOP of your game today!I most certainly think this particular show would make an excellent “screenshot” for a TV producer to veiw!

Superbowl? If only the Vikings…:(

I realize it is impossible for your show to answer every question posted on this comment section, but I always check back for answers from other health-minded individuals.

Thank you for giving us all such a wonderful gift!

3. Jean says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie — more than your recipies, just want to say thank you for being you — your love for each other and the joy and love you put into all you share is so palpable that it’s just plain good for the soul to watch you. Have a great Superbowl!
    I’m rooting for the Saints.

4. JoyfullyRaw says:

Saints Baby!!!

The got their shot. Let’s see what they do with it!! = ) ~Colleen~

5. Susan Ross says:

Which teams are playing this hockey match?

6. Rose Goddess says:

mmmmmmm looks yummy! I am now fully prepared for superbowl sunday. Doesn’t matter who wins to me as long as they go into overtime:)

7. I honestly don’t even know who’s playing in the superbowl.. but I do know that was a GREAT recipe.. Thank Guys!!

8. Carol says:

Kevin,
    If you are still in Key West, there was a girl that lived there, Rita Romano. Do you know her? She wrote the “Dining in the Raw” cookbook, and had a raw food restaurant in Key West. She also gave raw food classes in her marvelously decked-out kitchen at her house.
    This is her website with her contact info on there if you want to hook up with her~ http://www.rawkitchen.com She might be in West Palm Beach, FL now, though. Maybe you
    can catch her on the way back up north. Just
    a thought.
    I am hoping for a Colts win this Sunday.
    Thanks for your wonderful and entertaining shows! Where’s Jonny5?

9. Sarah says:

So here is a random question: Are there any birth control methods that you would recommend? I have never tolerated hormones well, and have had a copper IUD for the last 4 years. I have been battling Candida for the last 4 years as well and after doing some research, I think the copper is contributing to the problem. I have tried the “rhythm” method before, and that is where my daughter came into my life… a blessing!! But I sure would like to have a reliable alternative that wouldn’t interfere with my health. I am having the IUD removed tomorrow.
    Thanks for everything you are doing!! You guys rock!

10. LOL says:

You guys are so cute!

Drew Brees all the way! Go Saints!

11. Mary says:

Well….because I live in Indiana…Go Colts!!
    Hey, Annmarie and Kevin, where did you or what kind of knife do you have there? It looks like a very nice knife.
    How about a recipe for flax crackers.?? I have been looking for one. Or, have you already done them and I missed it.
    Thanks for the wonderful talents that you two share with us.
    Mary Peyer

12. Carol Lani Johnson says:

Look good…will definitely try them. Thanks! Right now I am so glad to be raw for the year & be getting lots of greens. If nuts are my biggest slip, then I am doing great!!! Using pico de gallo (adding onion & jalepeno, lemon jc & cilantro to the tomatoes on top even some pineapple or mango!)jalapeno would be more nacho-y to me! I will use a sundried tomato or two to substitute for the tomato powder. Made my first flax crackers today with sundried tomato & poblano pepper…yum! I don’t have a fav for the superbowl (Will always enjoy seeing New Orleans be happy), but enjoy the commercials.

13. Peg says:

OK, so if the Vikings can’t be in it, I guess I will root for the Saints. I don’t watch much sports, though–I get too tense.

I am, however, looking forward to trying the recipe for nacho bits.

14. RJ says:

To Sarah #7,

In my long life I have discovered only 2 non-toxic birth control measures. Oral sex and masturbation. Oh, I forgot, abstinence.

Responsibility could come into play somewhere. It puzzles me as to where; in this, our over-populated world.

Here is a website for your daughter

15. Sparrow says:

Yeah, where’s Jonny5!?!?!

And the only football team I ever root for is the Packers so I know nothing about this year’s teams. Umm…. how about the Colts!

16. Maybe I am one of the only guys who does not watch sports or care about them.
    The recipe looks really good just I don’t think I could handle all the fat.
    What I will do is try it separately.
    Love the in the kitchen episodes in the RV because I have barely two feet of counter space myself. So I know how you feel in the compact RV kitchen.

17. elle~b says:

Go…Nuts!

18. RW says:

Great Show! love the recipe and in Colts Country, GO Colts!

19. Katrina says:

The Saints! Without a doubt. 🙂

20. Tyra McMahon says:

Sorry don’t watch football.

As far as in the kitchen pic, why don’t you put a picture on of your niece and nephew in the kitchen. Just a suggestion.

21. Pam Dummitt says:

I may not care about the superbowl but I sure care about superbowl snacks! Thanks

22. Pat G. says:

Hey, macadamia nuts are too expensive to grind to a pulp. Ask my friend Leland at Alive! in SF. You can buy broken cashew nuts to make this; they are cheaper…

23. Kym Hutcheon says:

Cool recipe. All my US buddies are CPTs so they’ve been obsessing about the SB. Personally, after growing up in New Zealand, it’s a bit hard to get into.

It’s like watching a slow game of chess where the pieces are hidden under a pile of padding. But if you like it, enjoy!

24. john says:

Very good show, both of you should be on the food channel . You could probably be a guest with a letter of introduction with EMERAL LIVE food channel and show the health side of food alternatives. It is sad to hear that Key West here in the United States has allowed in violation of the constitution such ungodly lewd behavior and allowed by the those that govern their shame on all of them that help destroy the most important institution in america the family ,ordained by God himself.Who ever hear of going about naked with no shame ,must be a lot of QEER HOMOSEXUALS. GOD’S word the Bible calls that SIN.And is a ABOMINATION in the sight of God. You have divine law Gods law . And humanism, rational ways that man rationalizes and self justifies to himself to en gauge in a sinful life style etc. . And no it is not normal or I was just born that way is no excuse it is how those that live a life in sin self justify it as being right, contrary to God’s word. Now having said this God loves the homosexuals/ bisexuals but HATES the —SIN. Back in the old testament God himself in that dispensation of time, commanded they be put to death by stoning .But today we are not under the Law but under GRACE,We are under the Apostle Paul who gave to us in this dispensation of time the GRACE MESSAGE.Read Paul’s books Romans thru Philemon ,Pauls 13 epistles.Where paul is the only Apostle who was revealed from God about the MYSTERY–of the Grace of God. However those that practice this lewd life style will go to hell God says ,But those who sincerely repent of there sins and belive that Jesus died for all their sins,and rose himself from death, or the grave.God promises if you confess your sins He and only God will be faithful and just to forgive you of ALL your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteous.God says you will be saved!!! Your name will be written in the lambs book of life.You Are Joint heirs with Christ. FOR ALL ETERNITY .Read John 3:16. God bless

25. Seleneca says:

Superbowl? Hmmmm … sorry, I don’t follow hockey.

26. Linda says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie!

I haven’t posted in a VERY LONG TIME! I was “recalled” to work in November and since then I haven’t been able to participate in the Thursday Chat’s which I miss tremendously. I JUST realized that even though I’m not able to be in the chat room on Thursday’s (still trying to figure out HOW I can turn that around) I could still call in and listen, so I’ve been doing that the past couple of weeks.

Thanks for this recipe AMG. I just watched the movie “FOOD INC.” the other day and some friends and I were wondering what we are going to eat and snack on while watching the game.

I just found a vegan “black bean burger” recipe that looked scrumptous on the “Hacres.com” website and NOW I have the perfect crunchy snack to go along with it. I’m sorry, I’ve GOT to have some “chips”. So I’ll be getting some flax crackers to go along with the “cheese” dip and burger. I won’t have the time to dehydrate the burgers but at least they’ll be vegan.

I’m a New Yorker, so it should have been the Jets at the Superbowl this year (Oh well, I’ll have to wait and see what next year will bring). So all I can say is…let the best team win!

Miss you both SO MUCH!

Linda

27. june2 says:

I don’t understand why we Americans can not even mention the word “naked” with out someone going off about it in some extreme fashion…I guess I must consider myself blessed to have grown up in Germany (to American parents) where everyone runs around naked or topless and it is seriously no big deal. Gorgeous 24 year olds, incredibly wrinkled 84 year olds and 2 year olds. Whatever!

Europeans are aware that sex has nothing to do with nudity. Of course they have sexy nudity, but if someone is naked in nature, they understand that. They are two different things entirely! Seriously, Americans need to learn discernment and become comfortable with a natural state of being.

I highly recommend being brave the next opportunity you get – the sauna, the hot spring, nude day at the RV park. First time is best with strangers or a partner, if you’re shy.

Of course, until you have a sense of how great it is to be free and that awareness protects you, be aware that as long as you are in the US, there will inevitably be some man, (no offense, but it’s generally true), eyeballing you inappropriately. Hopefully not, though. Ignore them completely.

Because, unless I am in your bed, my nudity is about my need to BE in Nature, to feel it, and feel safe there, and not about someones immaturity and ignorance of the beauty of that experience. Allow me that pleasure without the energetic interference, ok?
    ~~~ the goddess has spoken, so respect that.

28. jane says:

Hi kevin

Please do a video on heavy metal detoxing/chemtrail detoxing.

I am starting to get ill.

29. Great recipes! A suggestion about the camera, try not to move it too much, because it makes it hard to watch. Thanks for all you do~!

30. John #20: I may or may not agree with you, either way this is not the place for religious opinions. You are well meaning for sure, however…
    I agree with Amelia #24. Kevin, HOLD STILL. In front of the camera, you look like you are doing the pee pee dance. Behind the camera, it gives us eye strain!
    But we still love the message, love the show, love the recipes, and love you both.

31. Patty Jordan says:

Great recipe guys! I guess I’d like to see the Colts win the superbowl. I enjoy reading other people’s posts – but I could have done without the preaching =( I love the Keys. Enjoy the beautiful sunsets and whatever else Key West has to offer!!

32. Leam says:

Superbowl? – I’m sorry, but I don’t have any knowledge or opinion on those playing.

I think the final result of your recipe looks picture perfect, but I know my digestive system would be in a woeful state if I ate this. I think I would share kale chips as a snack alternative.

33. Britt says:

I only get excited for college football, personally. And around campus a lot of people don’t pay attention to the NFL because we are too busy rooting on our basketball team. yeah Michigan State! 🙂

34. Linda P says:

I want the New England Patriots to will, darn it!!!!!!!!!!! 😉

35. Beth says:

I don’t watch or care about Football. However, I will be taking advantage of the Superbowl being on to go downtown to Winterlude and check out all of the ice sculptures.
    Hopefully everyone else will be glued to their TVs and we can experience the beauty of the ice sculptures at our own relaxed pace 🙂

Looks like a great recipe.

36. yauboo says:

Raiders

37. Michelle says:

YUM – Those look great!
    I’m not a huge football fan, but I am rooting for the Saints! Doesn’t New Orleans deserve a break anyway!?

38. Michelle says:

oh, and by the way John, I am a homosexual “sinner” …but thankfully I am a Buddhist too, so I’m not ostracized by ignorant people in my community

39. Hope says:

Go Saints, but they say when the Saints win the Super Bowl is when #*%& freezes over, so watch out!

40. Joan says:

Looks yummy – thanks!

41. Jo says:

We are having a women’s only party during the superbowl with NO watching of the Super bowl!! Well….it might be on in the other room if anyone wants to check the score:)I hope the Saints win!

42. TERRI says:

who dat saying the Colts are going to win?
    NOT ME!
    GOOOOOO SAINTS!!!!

43. Mary Artemis says:

WOW,
    How about the Saints? That’s b/z they sound “good”.

Otherwise, I’d have to say, how socially responsible is it to support a sport that espouses at best reptilian brain function? Ah Ha!! 😉
    Mary from Stamford, CT

44. ceecee says:

I don’t think God says nudity is an abomination. Geez dude! the recipe looks yummy gonna try for sure. I am also a die hard Steelers fan but ….Go Saints

45. My birthday is Super Bowl Sunday, and all I want for my birthday is a Colts Championship! Go Colts!

I used to make something like this all the time before I went on my contest diets! I make ‘sour cream’ (cashews, lemon juice, sea salt & a little water) & my ‘world-famous awesome guacamole’ (see my website for recipe!) to go with it also! I like to roll it all up in purple cabbage leaves for taco wrappers! YUM!

Great show you guys! You’re so lucky to have fresh tomatoes this time of year. I am so jealous! 🙂

46. Jill says:

I don’t personally care about football (or any sport for that matter) but my fiance wanted the Vikings to be in the superbowl just so Brett Favre tell the Packers to shove it! hehe My fiance is in the superbowl pool every year at work too.

47. Chris & Sara says:

ALOHA!

THanks guys! That is so cool that you know Truth I ! We met him at Raw Spirit and he is such a beautiful soul. Thanks for inspiring the recipe Truth I. It looks sooo yummy. I have been making nut milks lately, maybe I can use the nut mush for the cheese….

You guys should check out his music (I Star) Soooooo good. 🙂

As for the John comment. Thats just weird. Why be so judgmental? I was in such a good mood and read that and it just scares the HELL out of me that people think like this and have such anger. There has been many wars fought with just this type of thinking. I will send John some love.

(Another example of why were are all vitamin D defficient, hee hee)

PS if you are afraid of nudidty- Dont come to Hawaii ! LOL.

Love & ALoha!

Chris & Sara

48. Chris & Sara says:

PSS- No football or tv here, Were going Kayaking with the Whales!!!!!

49. AnnMarie says:

…don’t care about the Superbowl…making this anyway!

I saw an interview with Jameth S (hey, I think it was a Rawkathon video) where he explains that tamari is just as raw as nama shoyu…

50. eyla says:

Dear Kevin and Ann-Marie,

I love the shows and love reading the comments to see all the different topics and directions that come up,

This time I am more than upset, how did the homophobic comments of John make it past the regulatory step,
    It’s completely unacceptable and as ridiculous and dumb as those comments are, they are still highly offensive and exclusionary to folk,

i hope you will consider this and keep a closer eye on what goes up.

51. Cindy (Sydney, Australia) says:

Hi guys,

I live in Australia so i don’t know (or care) about the superbowl but i do have a question about today’s show.
    Why don’t you soak the cashews for the “cheese”.
    I thought it was best to soak all nuts/seeds to remove enzyme inhibitors and since you are blending them I wouldn’t think it would matter. Wouls love your feedback and also how long most nuts/seeds should be soaked for as i yhought 20/30 mins was no where near long enough but maybe it depends on the type/ consistency of the nut/seed.
    thanks and have a great day from wet 7 rainy Sydney, Australia.

52. jasmine says:

Love to John, not the “sinful” comments…

53. lala says:

YUMMMmmmm… i would have to go with the colts… once i had a shirt of theirs from goodwill… 😉

54. Nick says:

I’m sure this isn’t a DUH only to me, but the “superbowl” IS FIXED. Recall how superbowls used to be almost always blowouts. Then at some point in recent years they consistently were close, exciting games. It’s a business. And it’s militaristic. Sorry, but i prefer reality, life & love to voluntarily watching a death cult’s head games on the idiot box. Raw raw sis boom bah, humbug

55. Michele says:

How can I print the recipe, to use it, without printing all the other colorful things on the page?
    Michele