Yummy Breakfast Recipe for Raw Pancakes – The Renegade Health Show Episode #467

Wednesday Dec 23 | BY |

During the holidays, there are lots of opportunities to get your family into healthy raw foods…

Breakfast time is the best because this is when most people are thinking fruits and other sweet tasty stuff.

So, today, we’re going to give you a raw pancake recipe that you can try out with the fam over the holidays and see what they think!

Your question of the day: What do you want from Santa?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comments here!

Here’s the recipe… (We’ve adapted this from here)

Raw Pancake Recipe

For the pancakes:

1/4 cup sprouted buckwheat flour
2 tbsp fresh grated coconut
1 medjool date or 1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
3/4 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp coconut water

Blueberry Topping

1/2 Handful Blueberries
2 small dates or 2 prunes

Instructions: For the pancakes, whisk all ingredients together. Form into pancake shapes and place on a teflex dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate for three hours and then flip and dehydrate for another three.

For the topping, put the blueberries and dates into a food processor and process until they’re liquid. You can add a little orange juice or coconut water to thin.

Enjoy!

Here’s that video on how to sprout buckwheat! Click here to view it!

1. Zeb says:

I love some of your recipe… just wish I would get them sooner to sprout in time for Christmas morning!! oh can you make ahead a day and “reheat” in the dehydrator the morning you eat them?

2. Sheilah Renaud says:

I want something BIG to happen on this planet…something that will get everyone’s attention and snap them out of their routine illusions….and put all of us into an economy based on LOVE and SHARING so we can harnass our computers to coordinate our daily good and services…for absolutely FREE! ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!!!!!

3. Debra Raiche says:

I want a macro lens for my camera!!! I have been a good girl!!And in infar red sauna, 640 acres of prime Vilacabomba land…..ummmm…all of these wants paid off~~~oh~~ & lots of greens!!!

4. Debra Raiche says:

oh & world PEACE………….

5. Ali says:

Dear Santa,
    Please leave me a mandolin slicer and a nice knife set under the tree. I’ll leave you almond milk and raw cookies!

6. barbara says:

Great video! The family wanted to have breakfast for dinner on Christmas Eve. I think I’ll make a few of these. They sound delicious!! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

7. I want health, peace and joy.

8. rose says:

You could add ground flax seeds to the pancake mix, and you won’t need to dehydrate!

9. PE says:

Sheilah, Santa and helpers may just have something BIG for you (for us) in the coming year, what with the Norwegian Spiral and other starry events.
    Stay tuned; I’ll be with you in a moment.
    And SHARE THE WORLD!

10. Rosemarie says:

I want to see my grand children for Christmas.

11. Anne says:

Please someone comment on allergy to buckwheat. I love it, but have gotten a rash the last 2 times I’ve eaten the sprouts. Have heard that it has that reputation. Also, if you find yourself in a situation where you have to eat regular pancakes, eat some sprouts or spinach–anything raw and you’ll save your energy! Hooray for raw!

12. Manny says:

Nice recipe for pancakes but I doubt I would ever do that if it takes 3 hrs, anyway to cut that in half or less? and Anybody seen the infomercial for Montel Williams Health Master- Vegetable and Fruit emulsifier? Any thoughts or opinions on this product?

13. Alice Shakti says:

All I want for Christmas is World Peace,
    I agree with PE, it’s on the way!
    Check it

14. Joan says:

If you are going to eat something cooked, eat raw first! From Santa, I wish for peace, comfort and joy…

15. Nancy Zare says:

Yesterday I watched a documentary entitled Tapped. It was fabulous, excellent information, well filmed, well narrated, very provocative. What I want for Christmas and all the year is for people to STOP drinking bottled water. The water is acidic, highly oxidizing, and very costly. The cost per gallon exceeds gasoline! And the bottles themselves are problematic. So much petroleum goes into their manufacture and distribution. Then there’s the issue of health. People living close to companies that produce these plastics develop cancer at higher than average rates. Those of use who drink from these bottles risk exposure to carcinogens. Finally our environment cannot handle the mountains, no acres of plastic bottles that are clogging streams, rivers, even the ocean. There is a place in the Pacific twice the size of Texas that consists of tons of plastic bottles. It takes over 1000 years for them to degrade. In the meantime, the fish eating the plastic pieces are getting sick and die. We who still eat such fish also risk these plastics accumulating in our bodies. Can you see the disaster? It’s here. Please stop buying bottled water (soda too). Let’s be mindful of our legacy to the next generation as well as protecting the health and environment right now.

16. Dear Santa,
    I would like the beautiful new double-egg water vorticiser from Sulis Health of the UK. Even if you don’t believe in energized water, the devise is beautiful! Thanks

17. michele Owen says:

I chuckled at the two front teeth comment. I want to slow down and see things more clearly.

18. Paula says:

Everyone to start eating healthy and thus stop the need for a healthcare plan.

19. Dave says:

Excellent little recipe episode. It is very positive for me to learn of something else I can do with my food processor. I will be definitely trying this recipe when I get the ingredients together. These practical recipe episodes are the best!

For Christmas? I want people to get away from the concept of Christmas, and to take a good, hard rationale/logical look at their religious traditions. I want to experience a winter holiday season in which more people share their awe at the wonder of the planet and the structure of the solar system, and to share and enjoy true humanistic community, without the B.S. fairy tales.

20. Renata says:

Great ideas for the pancakes.Thank you.To be more environment friendly I suggest to bake the pancakes in the waffle maker without using any oil.It would be still a healthy option compare to a regular pancakes.
    Whish more snow so I can go to X country ski running.
    Marry Christmas to all of you from Sweden, a Santa Claus home country

21. john says:

RON PAUL- for president so he can bring back our CONSTITUTION and The Peoples FREEDOM–For WE THE PEOPLE . And start to CLEAN THAT FILTHY HOUSE AND ALL IT’S CORRUPTION,MURDER and LIES , for We The People are to rule not the Government.The CONSTITUTION is our CEASAR, it is higher than any law or ANY SUPREME COURT/JUDGE or PRESIDENT , it is the SUPREME LAW of the land.The principles contained in it and the men that wrote it were Christian and the Constitution was totally framed around the Bible KING JAMES,Because It’s rights come from God– ( One Nation UNDER GOD–IN GOD WE TRUST,(our pledge and on coin) ,for WE THE PEOPLE so as to have LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS , so as both parties democrat or republican or any other( 3rd party) would be held accountable to this Master Piece of a document and exercise and do what it says in it and OBEY it, as our founding fathers who gave up and PLEDGED THEIR LIVES THEIR FORTUNES AND SACRED HONOR,for-OUR CONSTITUTIONAL FREEDOMS so in the end, the Government would serve the People and be the peoples slave (as it were),NOT the other way around, were the people are slaves to an out of control Government. Our Founding Fathers left England Because of an out of control Government they had Tyranny far less than we have today.Yes,America is a Christian Nation. Because our fore fathers sought and prayed and had daily prayer and read the bible in the White House and Congress, most people do not know this,this is a Fact , Mr.Dave Barton has done an extensive comprehensive job in researching this and many many facts on our Constitution ,All The Founding Fathers,All the documents,dates and many many quotes from the founding fathers etc,etc,etc.

22. john says:

PS.Dave Barton web site is — Wall Builders.com

23. Ann Marie Huntington says:

I am a white american born woman and i just wish every one would stop judging people because of their race , origin or whatever and just love one another for who they are individually. I worked for muslums for 6 years and they were the nicest people in the world. I want world peace for Christmas and GOD and prayer back in our schools no matter what religion . …

24. Kellie says:

Have you ever done a search on the origin of Dec. 25th? I began to research this years ago and found what we are told about this day and what the truth is are two seperate issues. Dec. 25th is a day recognized all over the world by all walks and faiths of life. How is that? How does one celebrate someone’s birthday and you don’t know when it is? The scriptures indicate that it wasn’t in Dec. at all, but during the time of year when it’s warmer as shepards would be out with their sheep. Then we don’t give gifts to that person, but to other people. That’s crazy confusion. Scripture specifically tell us not to learn this practice because it’s pagan sun worship and Satan Clause isn’t god, but wants to be worshipped as such. No one knows when you are sleeping or awake, what you’re doing, but the creator. This celebration is about coveting, going in to debt, in some cases people don’t appreicate the gift giver, or the gift. This is one of the times, if not the biggest problem, it’s close to it when people are depressed. How could that be if it’s at connected to the Savior of the world’s birth? All the days on the calendar are pagan in origin from Jan. to Dec and that includes Groung Hogs Day, April fools, July 4th, and Turkey day. We are to observe the days the scriptures tell mankind to observe. These are very important matters that need to be confirmed. The LORD our creator is coming back and we must be ready. It’s good to take care of our bodies to be good stewarts of what he’s given us to serve him with, but if we do things whether we want to honor him or not that don’t please him we will give an account to him. Check out these resources: Doc Marquis’ dvd “America’s Occult Holidays”, Fred Coutler’s book Occult Holidays or GOD’s Holy Days – Which? This book is available sometimes on their website free, or you can purchase it at Amazon.com. I recently saw the video “America’s Occult Holidays” on YouTube, check it out. Also do a search for the “Shocking Truth about Dec. 25” by Elder Keith Ellis, and of all things “Testacle on the Tree” by JesusISComingRUReady. I refer to these resources as I know their content and it’s already been done, I don’t need to reinvent the wheel. I share this with you all because you have shared so much with me, and though I value that health info, this info because it involves your possition with the GOD who created you and everyone and thing in the world. Kellie

25. Jill says:

I want books on drawing, a couple of XBox games and I’m not sure what else. Great episode, those pancakes look like they’d be good 🙂

26. John says:

I’ll be Santa this year and I’m going to finally get an Omega Juicer. I was struggling with which juicer to get but read some great reviews of the Omegas so I decided on that one. I also need a new food processor – probably a Black & Decker since the last one lasted a very long time and worked very well for me.

27. sari says:

i agree with 14 !!!!! and that is what i want as well

28. Brenda says:

Good news is that something BIG did happen on this planet. World Peace, the Prince of Peace came. All I want for Christmas is for others to find the joy and peace of knowing Jesus as their Savior. Merry Christmas to all.

29. Debbie says:

All I want for christmas is a Aero Garden to grow my own herbs! 🙂

30. Heyward says:

hahahaha…I want a BM for Christmas.

For Christmas I want…..okay, if there are infinite realities, then that means there is a Heyward who really did get this stuff for Christmas! He is dancing around celebrating his new:

1. Ab wheel

2. 24 day Juice Feast at Gabriel Cousen’s “Tree of Life”

3. Blendtec blender- thank you Matt for the convincing demonstration.

4. Annmarie’s skincare line- woohoo! It makes you look all sparkly…like a dead Obi-wan Kenobi!

5. Brown dress socks!

6. “Turbulence Training” by Craig Ballatyne

7. Jar of “Bee Alive” Royal Jelly

8. Byron Katie’s “School of the work: Los Angeles,” March 19-28th.

9. Girlfriend. A gorgeous sweet girlfriend, who is head over heels in love with him, pulled towards him like a magnet, cannot understand why she is so attracted to him, but loves it anyway. She says “why do you look all sparkly?” Thanks Annmarie! ;P

10. Aromatherapy alarm clock http://www.hammacher.com/Product/70460?source=FROOGLE

31. Heyward says:

11. Two and a HALF heads of lettuce per day.

in yo FACE!

32. Have a merry, merry Christmas to all!

33. Hi all,

Here’s a very funny thing about health that was emailed to me! Have a great Christmas!

Ian

Q: Doctor, I’ve heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
    A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it…don’t waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
    A: You must grasp logistical efficiency. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable product.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
    A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
    A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
    A: Can’t think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain…good!

Q: Aren’t fried foods bad for you?
    A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
    A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
    A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
    A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
    A: Hey! ‘Round’ a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets…&…

Have a nice day! 😉

34. Christine says:

Merry Christmas to y’all!
    Joyeuses Fêtes!

35. Brianna says:

Let’s see… I’d really like a little herb garden for Christmas. Or Annemarie’s complete skincare line- since I’ve heard amazing things about it!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

36. Marty says:

I’m just beginning my raw food journey, and I’d of course love a Vitamix and an Excalibur dehydrator.

37. Jill says:

Ian that is hilarious, thanks for sharing! 😀

38. Marie1225 says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

Thanks so much for sharing these! I don’t have a dehydrator, so the toaster oven would have to do. I definitely think raw is best, but healthy is always better than refined flours and sugars.

This Christmas I really wanted my husband to receive Christ as His Lord and savior, but that didn’t happen, atleast not this year.

I also wanted a Vitamix, a Green Machine or Champion Juicer, a Saladacco, and an Excalibur dehydrator. I didn’t get those things, but thats ok.

I did enjoy celebrating my savior’s birth and my birthday all on the same day no matter the gifts since Christmas is about the gift already given over 2000 years ago.

God Bless you guys,