A Refreshing Raw Food Recipe for Berry Popsicles – The Renegade Health Show Episode #397

Wednesday Sep 16 | BY |

We’ve had a lot of our younger viewers chime in on what they want to see on the Renegade Health Show…

Today is their day!

Annmarie is making some pretty special raw food popsicles with berries and coconut (and she even added a secret ingredient that all parents will approve of!).

Take a look and enjoy today’s show…

Your question of the day: What is your favorite popsicle fruit?

Also, ladies, please check out Ann’s new skin care line… www.RenegadeHealth.com/annmarie

Here’s the recipe…

Raw Food Recipe for Berry Popsicles

1 pint blueberries
1 lb strawberries with the tops cut off
Meat from 1 young thai coconut
2 tbsp water from the thai coconut
2 tbsp Raw Honey or your preferred sweetener to taste
Handful of the secret ingredient (greens!! Spinach and Bok Choy is what I used, they disguise well)

Blend well and pour into 3 oz Dixie cups, if batter in thick enough then add the Popsicle stick right away. If not then wait about a half hour and place in then. Freeze over night! Enjoy with your favorite child and there friends as a great after school snack!!

You can always try different combos of fruit Tropical with mango and bananas and or Fruity Tutti with pineapple and grapes.

1. Debra says:

Awesome good show! On a humorous note, my bird Clark got scared by Kevin’s GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE!!! And in a poof of feathers and a big squawk, flew off my shoulder and away!!! Clark will stay in his cage when I watch these spots from here on out!!! LOL!!!!!

2. Cindi says:

cherries….. yummmmmm

3. Dave Tyler says:

GOTTA have some mango in a popsicle 🙂

4. This looks AWESOME! I can’t wait to make these! Could you post the recipe with the amounts or proportions to use?

Thanks!

5. Peggy Davis says:

The show was Romper Room

Love your shows!

6. carol clausen says:

Another show that did the names in the looking glass was Romper Room.

7. Barbara says:

So what’s the secret ingredient? Looked like seaweed to me.

8. Bonnie says:

STRAWBERRY & BLUEBERRY! You two are so sweet together! Besides your glowing skin – your love for each other shines & glows equally!

You’re both in such good shape. Can you share with us due to your busy schedules what kind of exercises you do?

9. Barbara says:

Those popsicles look really refreshing!

Cool idea about the non toxic skin care. Here are two pages that are good resources if you are wondering what the products you use contain and it is toxic. You can also see a list of companies who have publicly signed a commitment to bring safe cosmetics. The resource pages are:

Cheers!

10. Teresa says:

Strawberries are my favorite popsicle fruit!

11. Irondoll says:

Green tea. How old are you guys?

12. This looks like a great recipe for my nieces/ nephews and even ME..

Congrats on your new skin care line…
    YOU both look RADIANT…. I hope to try this in the near future….

Blessings, Marina

13. Kelly says:

Yes, please share exercise and 1 sample of what you both eat in 1 day. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

14. The berry popsicle would make a fab adult dessert too. Pour it into a rectangular glass baking dish & freeze. Thaw for a bit. The use a melon baller to make fancy-smancy decorative balls & place them in a margarita glass.

15. Tara Burner says:

mmmmm will have to try this (less the honey–sorry vegan me ya know)

and must have pineapple in popsicles!!!

16. Tara Burner says:

oh duh forgot to mention I ordered Annemarie’s skin care goods…gift for my mom!

17. Tiff says:

Don’t forget “I see Amara” 🙂 🙂 She’s the best dancer to your theme music you’ve ever seen!

18. Rafael says:

What is the secret ingredient that was used in the fruit popsicle?

19. Peg says:

I am looking forward to making this recipe!

My favorite popsicle was root beer–not exactly a fruit. 🙂

LOL! about Clark, the bird, that got startled with Kevin’s cheerful “good afternoon”!

I have ordered the new skin care product. I am always on the lookout for something my sensitive skin can handle–am looking forward to trying this new one!

20. They sound good! I like strawberry or raspberry best.

21. debbie says:

Hi Ann Marie and Kevin,
    This is Leo. I think my favorite is grape. I REALLY liked seeing my name on your show. I’m going to send it to my grandma (and Aunt Diane, and Aunt Kathy, and grandpa and….).

Thank you for doing the show for ME. I will make them with my mom tomorrow.

Your friend,
    Leo

22. Gabi says:

I am excited to try this with my niece… I happen to have all the ingredients ready 🙂 I have been receiving your newsletters and watching your shows yet have not introduced myself just yet.. I am Gabi from Chicago and I truly appreciate you always seem to be discussing something I am thinking about!!! It is really quite strange!!! I send you my love, thank you for doing what you do!! <3

23. crow says:

Watermelon popsicles.

24. jackie says:

Ann Marie,
    It seems we can only order the mask, and if lucky get a sample of the body oil. Can we get a full size body oil? Don’t wanna have to order 2 different times and pay 2 shipping charges :~!

25. Mary says:

Your skin really does look radiant. Funny you should bring this up. Since looking into the raw food thing with you as my guide (we are making slow changes, but getting there), I wondered about the skin care products I use. I actually quit using some of them and started using a natural bristle haired brush to polish my skin. What is amazing, is my skin looks better. The next step was to go to a natural health food store and see if there were any products out there pure enough for the skin…and then, WaaLaa, AnneMarie’s line. As soon as I get some money saved (I am layed off) I will buy your product.
    On one of your shows, could you talk about “brain food’? I have been doing brain teasers on the internet to sharpen my thought procesess and then, Duh, thought I could ask you what would be a good food support for the brain. I will turn 60 on the 23rd of September and need all the help I can get.
    Sorry for the length. I may be shorter on memory, but not on words.
    Thanks so much for your show. I love you guys. And the cat too.
    Mary

26. Misty says:

AnneMarie, The kids show you were talking about was Romper Room. Thanks for the shows. Misty

27. Dawni says:

Incredible!

My favorite is lime coconut popsicle.

When I was a kid — it was big sticks.

To both of you, your skin does look great.

I love the Body Deli products created by a vivacious and creative 30 something fellow that I met at We Care Spa in Desert Hot Springs. I’m headed there October 16-18 and then to the Alchemy Conference in Los Angeles, October 23-25.

When I go I load up on his edibles for the face and body.

Dawni

28. Christine says:

Hi Kevin and Ann Marie…

Have you guys tried plain old honey on your face? It works great… Just rinse your face with hot water and then pat dry and cover with honey and let sit for 30 minutes…Then rinse off with hot water and finish with cold water…Another great face lifter is BLACK STRAP MOLASSES…You can actually feel it tightening your skin…

Christine G.

29. Moira says:

My favorite is coconut…although I have never made them, only eaten them pre-made. How did you open up your coconut? It was so perfectly round. I would really like to try your popsicles. However, isn’t it difficult to find coconuts that have not been irradiated? Does Jimbo’s or Whole Foods have them? Thanks for your great show! And I too would like to know if a full-sized oil is available in order to avoid extra shipping charges.

30. Sharon says:

Lemon-lime makes a great refreshing flavor! How about orange juice with cacao? Or raspberries with cacao? Okay, the truth is as a kid my favorite frozen popsicle was chocolate milk but I did a lot of experimenting with whatever we had in the fridge. Still love my frozen sweets but they’re a lot healthier these days.

Congrats on the new skin care line Annmarie. Sounds yummy and yes, you certainly are both glowing!

31. Kym Hutcheon says:

Fortunately, I couldn’t handle popsicles as a kid because they were too cold. (Huge forehead constriction pain, etc.) But even then I wondered about those traffic-light colours.

The cosmetic line sounds pretty exciting. Should satisfy my metrosexual side, but you gonna do any with dude smells?

32. Kym Hutcheon says:

PS: Thanks to Didiydi for the tip on Dr Mercola yesterday.

33. Hey Guys,

Well, the show you reminded me of was “Romper Room”. Do you guys even remember that one? 🙂

I would have to say that Strawberry & Banana’s are my FAV.

I’m excited about the skincare line.

Thank you for all you do.

Jen

34. Sandi Seegert says:

The show was Romper Room…”Romper Bomper Stomper Boo, tell me tell me tell me do…Magic Mirror, tell me today did all of my friends have fun at play?”
    Great popsicle recipe!

35. Linda says:

My favorite was a “cream cycle” from a “Mister Softy” truck! LOL! I have to figure out how to convert that original into something healthy.

I ordered Annmarie’s skin care products also. I hope there is “something secret” in the product that will create those great dimples that she has. LOL! Too cute AMG! 😀

36. Linda says:

Sorry, forgot to add great post! Can’t wait to see your next post!

37. jane magpie says:

Thank you Annmarie and Kevin for educating and ncouraging us to treat ourselves well. However I could not treat myself at the expence of the lives of others.

Honey is the essential food of another being.

When we steal, what they have worked all summer to collect and process and store for their winter food and their food for their babies, we condem them to malnourishment and death.

Taking THEIR honey and even if you give them something else, sugar water for example, it is not good enough. The bees are losing their natural immunity to diseases and surely you must have heard of how the honey bee population is dying out.

If sugar was good enough, you would be using sugar water rather than honey and giving it to human babies and letting another species take a human mother’s human milk to spread on their bodies to make their skin ‘nicer’ (or putting it in our drinks and food to make it taste nicer – surely all of us who follow your shows are beyond that now)

You make a good point Annmarie,about how you feel inside reflects on the outside.

Honey is not vegan.

If we live ethically, without greed and with respect for all other creatures on this planet which we share then, we stand a chance of letting our inner beauty shine through.

Please stop promoting honey and all non vegan products and tell people why.

38. Didiydi says:

I’ve been following your show for a few months now, and I have to say I’m really proud to be a part of this group…
    Kym, you’re welcome:)

Could be that this is the future of any successful business- no more big corporations but people who put a lot of time and effort to come up with something safe and high quality, stand behind their products, use it, and show with their example that it works and how good it is. We need more people like you two…

39. Mara says:

AnnMarie, can you please tell us what shampoo and conditioner you use? I’ve had a hard time finding all natural ones that don’t turn my hair into sticky, dull straw. Also when will we be able to buy your body oil by itself?

40. Jean says:

Have to say my favorite is orange pinapple coconut. Kinda tastes like the cream sicle I USE to get from the Good Humor Ice Cream truck. Kev I ordered the kev’s smoothie powder three weeks ago and still haven’t received it. Are you out or should it take this long? I live in Michigan. I would like to order the skin care but will wait to see on this order first.

41. May says:

I soooo thought you were going to announce a little Gianni on the way! Surprised nobody else has said the same.

Love the way you two are together :-*
    May

42. Wonda says:

Umm, yummy. My favorite is strawberry, but pineapple w/ coconut milk is also high on the list.

43. Leam says:

I love mango.

I too thought the announcement was to be a new addition to your family.
    Congratulations on the “new addition” of your skincare line.

I enjoy the information you present, but I also really enjoy reading the comments. I have learned a great deal from others. Thanks!

44. Courtney says:

Anything with a variety of mixed fruits. Blueberry, kiwi, mango, strawberry.
    Courtney

45. Mae says:

Great receipe

46. Estrella says:

Growing up, my favorite was cherry and also orange creamsicles. Now it is lime. Talk about refreshing!

47. christine says:

do you mean “the magic garden”? with 2 ladies playing guitar? if so, you’re the only other person to remember that show!

48. Barbara says:

Where do you get those Thai coconuts??? I live in Michigan and it’s like…good luck with that…

49. Deanna says:

Banana is my favorite ice pop.
    Your berry one looked refreshing & great.
    Plus it was pretty simple.
    Thank you for sharing!

50. Brenda Rex says:

As a kid I had a mug that would freeze juice and make a slushie … the mug was made like a blue ice idea then that was place in a holder with a handle…. it was very kool.

Not sure if they still make them or not. I would put in orange juice into into or even concord grape juice. Great memories!!

And, as a adult I freeze bananas, mangos, berries all whole and make ice cream.

Great show. Very Sweet for the young ones. Keep it up!!!

51. Susan says:

Funny I watched that show when I was a kid. It’s Romper Room.

52. MARY THOMAS says:

Yes, I thought you were going to say there was a baby on the way too! Must be waiting in the wings, eh?
    You both look absolutely radiant.
    In answer to the question, raspberry ice pop.

53. Jill says:

LOL “highlighter fluid filler” I don’t like Popsicles really but push ups (orange!) were good! That mix you made looks delicious, though I’d do what Annemarie said and just drink it as a smoothie. 🙂