Raw Food Recipe for Thai Peanut Sauce – The Renegade Health Show Episode #392

Wednesday Sep 9 | BY |

We’re back in the kitchen…

Annmarie wanted Thai food, so she’s put together a raw food recipe for Thai peanut sauce.

If you like Thai food, you’ll most likely like this recipe. Ann put the sauce on kelp noodles, but you can put it on zucchini noodles or celery root as well!

Your question of the day: What is your favorite ethnic food?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Raw Food Recipe for Thai Peanut Sauce

• 1/2 cup soaked jungle peanuts
• 1/4 cup water or to consistency
• Juice from 2 lemons or limes
• 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
• 1 tsp Raw Honey
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
• Salt to taste

Serve over your fav Veggie Noodle or Kelp Noodles with carrots and red pepper. Enjoy!!

1. VeggieGirl says:

Favorite ethnic food = I love Italian, Thai, and Japanese.

2. David says:

Raw food of course … the original ethnic food.

Kidding – thai. But don’t do peanuts, I suppose you could sub almonds in this recipe?

3. Brigitte says:

Love Italian and Mexican – guacamole is wonderful!

4. Sharon says:

THAI! All the way! I even took cooking lessons for Thai but not raw so this is awesome. It’s the worst non-cooked food to tempt me!

Also love Indian food.

Yes, go into the organic raw seasoning business!

5. Melody says:

What are Kelp noodles? Where can i buy them?

6. crow says:

No doubt about Mexican!!!

7. Sharon says:

Ooops, meant to say “cooked” food!

8. Susan says:

Thai! Love the bowl. Where’d you get it?

9. Barbara says:

I have always been partial to Mexican Cuisine, especially tacos and enchiladas. Ann Marie, I really liked your Mexican rice…it was yummy!
    Thanks for your show and for sharing your lives with us.

10. Donna says:

Can any other type of peanut be used as I have some raw regular peanuts!!!!?

11. Lisa says:

WILL, and DO forego the HONEY… for organic, grade B maple syrup. [I’m, happily Vegan–for a few years, now].
    But, I LOVE you guys! You can do no wrong!
    THANK YOU for consistently bringing important information to the masses. I recommend your info to everyone I know.

12. Katherine says:

Ethiopian! I just wish it was a bit more healthful. 🙂

13. Hector says:

Why do u soak your nuts in water & how long.Also which ones do u soak ,is it important.Organic and nonorganic.

14. Kelly says:

looks so delish and thanks for the tips on the kelp noodles. I would substitute raw pecans or pistachios as peanuts are a hard to digest legume! =(

15. Peg says:

Favorite ethnic: Indian food..since I (Norwegian) married an Indian. We have been married for almost 29 years and I can cook Indian! I still haven’t talked him into all raw, but he really loves fruit. When he was a kid, his parents told one of the fruit vendors (pul wala) to let him eat all he wanted and send them the bill.

So, as I continue eating raw, I keep cooking Indian. It is easy for me now.

I look forward to trying your peanut sauce. My son really likes Thai food and I bet he would like this one.

16. Leslee says:

What are jungle peanuts and where do you get them? I thought you should stay away from peanuts and cashews because they are stored & had things in them that can make you sick?

17. Tiff says:

Indian curries and Thai red curry. Just curry all the time & I’m happy.

18. Kaz says:

Japanese! My eldest sons fave food is sushi and he is not very impressed at my raw nori roll attempts 🙂

And Thai food is a close second – a good vegie Pad Thai is hard to go past. It was one of my signature dishes! But I do make my own raw version of Pad Thai which the kids and I love.

19. Dominic says:

Asian in general.

20. LuAnn Agustin says:

Hi Kev & Ann Marie,
    Just a couple of comments:
    You mentioned synchronicity last week and on Friday I went to a Raw Food demo and luncheon and the hostess made some recipes she got from a recipe book by Abeba. I had never heard of her but when I got home, what did I find but a Marinara Sauce demo by none other than ABEBA!; then I had recently read about OIL PULLING and started the therapy on Monday. When I watched Renegade Health Show on Monday night, the comments left by at least 4 of your viewers mentioned OIL PULLING!! hmmm…
    LuAnn
    P.S. enjoyed seeing J5 flash by. And I love many different styles of food, hard to pin point one but I guess I’ll say Mexican since I live in San Diego.

21. Mindy says:

I love Indian food! Unfortunatly, I just found out that I’m allergic to ginger and garlic 🙁 I guess that real Indian food isn’t that healthy for me anyway!

22. RS says:

I am going to try this asap. As luck/synchronicity would have it, I just got a shipment of raw peanuts. I make a killer Thai curry, it’s really addictive on kelp noodles. Also, the acid thing is spot on. I always just let them marinate in whatever sauce I am eating them with for 30 mins and they are the exact consistency of rice pasta.Today I made raw vegan pesto and I mixed kelp noodles and zuccini noodles – it rocked!

23. schmoop says:

Indian! Please make some pakoras. I think Elaina Love teaches an indian class.
    I love this peanut sauce: http://goneraw.com/node/2846 in a big bowl of cabbage with chopped dates, shredded carrot, scallions, a few cashews, and lots of cilantro…Yum! I could eat it every night.

24. Debra says:

Oh yum…we just had peanuts w/noodles (non raw) at work and i would love to try the raw..perhaps you could comment on the intricacies of peanuts since many of us won’t have the jungle peanuts on hand.

My fave ethnic foods are Indian and Middle Eastern hands down. Yummo.

25. Dawn says:

My favorite ethnic foods are Thai, Chinese, Mexican, and Italian.

26. Debra says:

One caveat – I saw a Daniel Vitalis video on Raw Honey – he was actually advising against non-organic raw honey because it has a lot of bad stuff in it…if you can’t find organic raw he actually advices cooked filtered rather than non-organic raw.

Video link:

27. Georgia, Australia says:

I make thai green curry paste and mix it with blended young coconut water/meat and pour it over vegies. It’s the BEST BEST BEST.

vita mix:

2 lemon grass stalks (out leaves discarded, use the bottom third only)
    8 kaffir lime leaves
    1 inch of ginger
    3 garlic cloves
    palm sugar/honey/sweetener
    fish sauce/salt
    green chilli
    small bunch of scallions
    stems of one bunch coriander/cilantro

lasts in the fridge for 1-2 weeks as well 🙂
    handful of thai purple basil (optional)

28. Delaney says:

THAI! is my favorite.

When you two look at each other, you always look like you’re about to make-out. I feel like I’m spying. Super cute. This is said in a non-creepy way, of course.

29. LisaE says:

I love Thai food. We call it “a party in your mouth” 🙂 For those looking for a recipe using almonds, The I Am Grateful Cookbook from Cafe Gratitude has a wonderful “peanut” sauce. They also have a great one for phad thai .

30. Christine says:

My favorite Ethnic Foods are Japanese and Mexican all the way…Peanut Sauce/dressing is my favorite salad/noodle dressing…I can’t wait to make this..thanks so much…

31. Linda says:

Running a close tie is Thai and Indian. I LOVE both of them.

Peanuts are legumes and they are really hard on the digestive system. When I try this recipe I’ll probably substitute the peanuts with pecans or walnuts.

Can’t wait to experiment with the exchange!

Looks really good. 😀

32. Henrik Petersson says:

Debra: I’m no honey expert but I know that none of the bee keepers I buy from grind the wax into the honey. They use unheated centrifuges to extract the honey.

33. Henrik Petersson says:

My favorite ethnic food is probably Italian, Mexican and Indian.
    I really love the native Swedish cuisine though, but it’s sadly hard to replicate most of the dishes as raw vegan.

34. Nancy says:

My favorite ethnic food is East Indian. I would love to find some raw Indian dishes.

35. Rafael Morales Jr says:

Great recipes, Can you explain to me what kind od noodles were you using please. it was not clear in the audio side.
    Ralph

36. Louise says:

I have read from one of Gabriel’s books where he states that garlic and onions disrupt communication between the corpus collosum…….what do you think about this Kevin, I noticed you use garlic and ginger regularly.
    Louise

37. Elena says:

I love Thai, Indian and Mexican flavors.

The sauce looks so yummy. I don’t have access to jungle peanuts so I will try a substitution.
    Same for the kep noodles. I will try the angel hair zuke.

I thought you both said that you were phasing our nuts in your diet. I would love to hear how often you are eating nuts in your diet. Daily, once a week, or more. Just curious.

Thanks for sharing. You are both wonderful and fun to watch.

38. Elena says:

PS zFor those who love Thai and would like to buy a RAW Thai Cookbook, I have heard people rave about Raw Chef Russell James’s Raw Thai cookbook available on his website, I guess.

39. Rene Oswald says:

My favorite ethnic dish is my Italian Luscious Lasagna (see recipe and demo video at http://www.reneoswald.com –video #50)

Conventional peanuts contain aflotoxin which is a carcinogenic compound that is produced by two fungi (Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus). Depending on the levels, the toxins can severely affect the liver and they are a known human carcinogen. The reason it is such a high concern in the US is the high level of peanut consumption here, especially in children. Certified Organic, Raw Jungle peanuts claim to be free of aflotoxins.

40. Rene Oswald says:

You can purchase the Kelp Noodles at the Sea Tangle Noodle Co. at http://www.kelpnoodles.com/

41. Martha McCarble says:

1175 days ago, I married a Lebanese, Middle Eastern Cuisine! So, the best dish in the house is Squabouli! It is hard to tell the difference from using wheat! Love your show!

42. Chris & Sara says:

I would have to say it used to be Mexican, but since going “High Raw” we have really not been as attracted. (which is really bizarre as it was our staple food for a loooong time) .
    We would say the curries are our top pick now. Thats today. who knows what is to come… Love the ride!!!
    Thanks for some new ideas to incorporate. Gotta get oodles o’ kelp noodles~
    Rock on !

We love you!~~!

43. Tommy says:

Mi gusta mexican food.

44. Charlotte says:

Don’t know if this qualifies as ethnic really, but I love french food! Especially southern France (mediteranean) and la cuisine provencale. The quality of the food is amazing and it’s so colorful.
    I also love lebanese food!
    Great Show! (I would still love for you to do a show on GMOs though!!
    Charlotte

45. Godwin says:

American ethnic food isn´t that roasted Marshmallows?

46. Love, love, love your show!

47. Tanya says:

Indian, middle eastern, & Japanese are my favorite. I also just found your site, LOVE IT, LOVE IT keep up the great work, will pass on to all my friends

48. Wonda says:

Umm, yummy. I ususally make a Thai “Peanut” Sauce w/ Tahini instead, because I don’t digest raw peanuts well, soaked or not. Maybe this is because they are really a legume. Nice recipee though. I can’t decide what my fav ethnic food is… but I definitely don’t like Chinese. God bless!

49. dirk diggler says:

good pick on thai. yummmm. i think i have that same bowl from wal-mart. i know i know…shouldn’t support wal-mart, but can’t get away from the rollback $$.

50. Kym Hutcheon says:

It’s hard to pick one, but I guess actually it would be Thai. Lived there for a while and got addicted to chillis. Can’t imagine eating them whole now though.

For Louise above (#36?): I lived with some serious meditation people for a while and they avoided garlic because they regarded it as a stimulant (interfering with meditation). Instead, they used hing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asafoetida

51. Kym Hutcheon says:

Actually, I also have a question regarding soaking. I had thought soaking was to soften the nut, seed, bean, etc to aid digestion and also to remove any toxins that might be present.

Recently, on this blog, I read that with nuts (I guess?) soaking also helps to break down enzymes coated on the nut by the plant to stop sprouting. However, I think the same person later wrote that grinding the nut renders this unnecessary because so much of the nut is exposed.

Particularly regarding the grinding, I wonder how necessary soaking is? Toxin removal I can understand. But can’t the other points be achieved relatively well simply by chewing the item throughly?

52. Carol says:

I’m actually surprised you eat kelp noodles, since they all come from China, none are made in the US, and the purity is questionable, and they are sooo processed. What are your thoughts on that? Maybe you could address that in a show.

53. Beth says:

Glad we are back in the kitchen. Your Thai sauce looks so yummy!
    I haven’t tried the Kelp noodles yet, but will look for some this weekend.

My favourite ethnic food is Japanese, Sushi in particular.

54. I love spicy Mexican, Indian, Thai and Japanese foods. We need a good “ethnic” raw food cookbook.

55. Gwen Forbes says:

My absolute favorite treat is sushi so I guess that makes Japanese is my favorite ethnic food and we are very lucky in Red Deer, AB to have Japanese Restaurant named Shiso that makes great sushi.

56. Indian! Annmarie, could you do a couple Indian dishes? I need more experience with these.

Kevin, I would also like hear your opinion about oil-pulling! I’ve been doing it now for about a month and have noticed that my teeth are much whiter… but not much else. (And that’s reason enough for me to do it until I get to try some of that Tooth Soap stuff you recommended! : )

Lisa Marie Lindenschmidt
    Rite Food and Company

57. Henrik Petersson says:

Lisa Marie: Kevin did bring up oil pulling in episode #195. Hopefully it will answer your questions.

58. Larry Jay says:

Indian food. Still looking for a good raw saag recipe – a hint hit for Annmarie!

59. fairgnuegen says:

Hello,
    I taste it and it will be my favourite for the next raw meals.

Thank you so much for your funny and helpful videos.

Kind regards from Germany
    Klaus

60. Nama Mama says:

I love all food from all over the world. You may buy delicious kelp noodles from http://www.kelpnoodles.com Sea tangle company sends out a case of 12 for 3.00 per bag. Yeah

61. Irondoll says:

Having lived in Brooklyn a lot of years, I’d say Italian tomato sauces are yummy. However, the first time I “cooked” for a boyfriend, which developed into a long-term relationship, I made him a raw lasagna. The noodle substitute were thinly slice zucchini, and he LOVED it…circa ’85.