Fresh Peach Cobbler Raw Food Dessert from Elaina Love – The Renegade Health Show Episode #355

Monday Jul 20 | BY |

We spent the weekend in the Pacific Northwest…

Hanging out in the sun, running and attending (and speaking at) the Raw Spirit NW Celebration.

We managed to capture some good footage while we were there. Today, we’re going to show you Elaina Love’s raw food recipe for peach cobbler. Watch out… this one could cause uncontrollable cravings. LOL! 🙂

Take a watch…

Your question of the day: What is your favorite brain food?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Elaina Love’s Raw Food Recipe for Peach Cobbler

Pie Crust

2 Cups Walnuts
1/4 Cup Raisins
1/4 Cup Dates
Pinch of Salt
Cinnamon

Put in Food Processor and pulse until crumbly. Take out 1/2 and put to the side for topping.

Process the rest until gummy.

Lay down on the bottom of a pie or glass pan.

Topping

6-7 Peaches sliced
1/2 Cup Dates
Tablespoon Psylium Husk
Pinch Nutmeg
Pinch Lemon Zest
Pinch Cinnamon

Put 1/2 of sliced peaches in the food processor with all other ingredients. Blend until smooth.

Take blended mix and add back to sliced peaches.

Pour on top of crust and add crumble on top.

Here’s where you can check out more of Elaina Love’s raw food recipes: www.PureJoyLivingFoods.com

Also, to see about more events in the Pacific Northwest, please visit www.RawVeganSource.com

1. Brian says:

It’s hard to say. If I consume too much or too little of any important food groups, it will inhibit my brain power.

I consider lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, hemp, blueberries, quinoa, beans, grape seeds, krill oil, spirulina, chlorella, and soaked nuts as brain foods.

2. Lynn says:

walnuts!

3. Tyra McMahon says:

Goji berry juice is quite powerful. Also drinking nasty noni juice. I’m visiting Hawaii right now and have been fortunate to taste alot of the local organic vine ripened fruit. It’s been an amazing experience.

I will try making that peach cobbler when I get home. I sure miss my blend tec for making smoothies. Did experience drinking a fresh young green coconut. Wow!!!!!

4. Christina Dodson says:

Kevin and AnnMarie,

I am new to your show and love it so much I’ve already told my family about it this week. We are devouring your archives!

Just one question though…

Is there any way your episodes could be listed on a separate page from #1-current?

Thanks SO MUCH for everything you guys do.
    You’re terrific!

Christina

5. Danette Crump says:

I adore your show. Thanks for what you are doing.

6. junglegirl says:

Slightly dehydrated, marinated broccoli florets topped with a walnut sauce. Yum…

7. Katie says:

YUMMMMMMMMM!!! Thanks for that recipe

8. Judith Fine-Sarchielli says:

What is psylium husk in the peach pie recipe? Where do you find it?

Thanks,

Judith

9. Bryan says:

We have been taking Blue Manna from Ancient Sun.It’s awesome!!!I hate to keep bringing this up but I’m still on the fence about the 80-10-10 thing.They say glucose is fuel for the brain, so it’s hard to believe that sugar is so bad.They also say the good fats are very good for our brain,but;you see so many people having success w/a very low fat high fruit approach.

10. Susan Bessette says:

I am more alert when I include kale in my morning smoothie.

11. Nicole says:

I honestly don’t notice specific foods that makes me feel smarter, more focused, or more creative. I just notice when I feel sluggish or foggy, which usually just means I’m tired or need to eat more. I read something about bananas helping alleviate depression and “cheer” you up, so a school was giving them to their students to eat before exams. I thought that was neat.

Someone else posted about 811 and sugar, and I’m curious about this myself. I feel better eating high-fruit low-fat but sometimes I get “the sugar shakes” after a mostly fruit meal, becoming kinda jittery and my hands shake a bit. I usually try to “ground” myself by adding greens to my fruit meals, but I’m still experimenting with this.

Love your shows; watch them every morning they are available! Have a great week~!

12. Pat says:

Mega dosing e3live , believe me , If u have a test or really needs some brain function for various reasons or extra healing advantage..
    2oz by 2 or 3 times a day=2 to 6 oz a day empty stomach before meals and drinks… the best thing is consistancy though …. IMHO 1 once a day forever is way better overall than meagdosing for short periods of time because it really has a accumalative affect!!!

Enjoy:=) Yumm
    Also great time to take your probiotics the love the e3live and bee pollen …

Oregon

13. zyxomma says:

My go-to food for a brain boost is sea vegetables! Judith, you can find psyllium seed and psyllium seed husk at any good herb shop. If you don’t have an herb shop, Frontier Co-op is a good online source for organic herbs. When you eat psyllium, make sure to hydrate adequately. It’s used by health practitioners to bulk up the stool, and sweep the colon clean. Health and peace, everyone!

14. Christa says:

Hi Kevin and Annemarie, thanks so much for all of the wonderful info and great recipes that you share. I live in Seattle, and was really excited to come and see you guys at the the Raw Spirit Fest. Unfortunetley, I wasn’t able to make it. However, I did get a chance to at least see you at Chaco Canyon Cafe, when you were eating, the night before the fest. I was too intimidated to approach you, especially during your dinner. It was such an honor, no less, to be in your presence.(I was there with my husband and three year daughter.) Thank you so much for all of the great information that you continue to deliver and all of the positive energy that you express. You guys are such a blessing to all of us!

15. Angela says:

Deep green smoothies make me feel great. It clears the fog in my head in the mornings. Coffee does the direct opposite, just why does it taste so darn good?! Nuts also are great brain food along with avocados and coconuts.

16. Sharon says:

Grapefruit is awesome for concentration. So is chia but not together!

17. Nick says:

wheat grass or most wild food that is in season What Elena said is so true about eating in season but it is hard in the winter living in the north east. Thant may be a good show 4 u guys in the future if u did not do it already what is season local in the winter in the north east?

18. Justin says:

Love what you’re doing. Thanks for sharing. That peach cobbler looks incredible! 🙂

19. Tanya says:

I have been putting a mixture of wheatgrass and kale in my Vitamix in the morning, blending with apple or other juice, straining through a cheesecloth bag, then putting back in the blender with frozen blackberries, blueberries, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and a bit of almond oil. Yumm, and does that make you feel good! Sometimes add a papaya for double yumm.

Thanks for the peach cobbler recipe, it sounds excellent.

20. Justin says:

Sorry, forgot to add great post! Can’t wait to see your next post!

21. rose says:

lecithin
    raw egg yolks
    protein powder
    supplements

22. Rene Oswald says:

Cauliflower and walnuts!
    Correct Food Combining helps most people think better, clearer, and stay more focused. If your digetive system is having a battle with the foods it recieves, blood flow is focused there and there’s less circulation to the brain! That’s why we feel so “drugged” after a heavy meal of poor combinations.
    Rene –www.reneoswald.com

23. pip says:

blue manna-sparklcy!!

24. Suebee says:

THANKS Kevin for listening to my request to always include your lovely AnnMarie!

So Im not sure what I would consider brain foods per say, but I do believe the adage “full stomach, empty brain” If I eat too much, instant brain fog. So it is more eating the right AMOUNT of quality food, I think, for optimal brain function.

I also have noticed that when I eat too many greens I am a bit foggier, so BALANCE is impt too.

Thanks again, as always, for this fun, great show!

25. Chris & Sara says:

HHMMM Let be see it was on the tip of my tongue,HHMMM I can’t quite remember at the moment. JUSt joking we like to graze. Eating smaller meals all day with foods low on the glycemic index.

If I don’t drink ample amounts of water I get a little dingy.

Lots of Love

26. Chel says:

mono meals of fruit or greens is my brain food!

walnuts and other fatty foods slow me down.

i wonder, when people say things like “walnuts are good brain food-they’re shaped like a brain, they have essential fats, etc…”, do they truly feel a difference in their brain or are they saying that because someone else told them that?

i used to think the same thing about walnuts, vegan omega-3 DHA supplements, magic potions and powders…i was %100 sold because of all the propaganda telling me that it improves my brain function, joint mobility, and so on…turns out, the food that tastes best to me is the easiest to assimilate and therefore puts the least amount of strain on my body so that it can put energy into other things (like thinking clearly!).

i think that ever in the “raw food movement” we’ve gotten in our own way too much. we preach the mantra that the body is a self-healing miracle if we only let it be that by giving it the best fuel and then turn around and fill ourselves with “natural” versions of the same big pharma snake oil. Either that or we try to recreate heavy and poorly combined traditional cooked-food meals in a somewhat “raw” way, and call it brain food? fats (like walnuts) and fruits (dates and peaches)=good food combining? I appreciate the idea that this is a meal “for fun” or for folks who are transitioning but the truth should be proclaimed much more loudly than all these fancy complex, spiced up, time-consuming recipes. It doesn’t have to be this complex…Raw does not always=healthy! Superfoods do not=healthy, Eating is simple, life is simple, letting go of the mentality that we need complex recipes to be satisfied (which only keep strengthen the ties to their cooked food counterparts) \, or that certain things are good (fill in the blank) food because someone else told you that gifts the most fantastic freedom there is. The freedom to experience things on your own accord….

That turned into a bit of a rant…probably slightly incoherent at times…look like someone needs some brain food.

peace and love.

27. Ed says:

A dusting of cayenne and a chunk of ginger in my morning green smoothie,helps clear my mind and adjust my mood

I have also tried a pinch of cayenne and a pinch of gingko biloba, swallowed (but not mixed) with a pint of r/o water. The effect is surprising…even a little scary. I got that idea from a Dr. Schulze product (brain formula).

28. Anthony says:

I am so making this cobbler this weekend!

29. Genevieve says:

I would have to say my walk first thing in the morning is most invigorating and certainly wakes up the brain cells.

30. Tina says:

Any Live Sproats in green drink or smoothie!

31. Brynda Bechtold says:

Psyllium seed husks are from the plantain plant and contain polysaccharides in addition to mucins. They “glom” up cholesterol and remove it from the body as well as bulking up the stool and making elimination easier. There are 8 polysaccharides that are considered “essential” and we get too much of the glucose and galactose. A young healthy body will use a back-up system to make these but often fails as we get older or stressed. These other sugars are:xylose, fucose, n-acetyl glucosamine, n-acetyl galactosamine, n-acetyl neurominic acid (sialic acid) and most importantly…Mannose. They combine w/proeins & fats to form structures on the cell surface which are used for cellular communication and the immune system. I don’t know which ones are in psyllium, but the more I can get into my diet, the better. I take Ambrotose which has all of them and has recent research that it improves brain function.

32. Matthew Knoefler says:

My favorite brain food is wild plants or leaves blended into my morning green smoothie and if i really want my brain turned on I will put fresh Ginkgo biloba leaves in. Oh and i have been using Hawthorn leaves lately, mmm good. and Mulberry leaves too. oh and Gogi berry leaves too. plus many others. purslane is good too. and so many more. I love the wild green smoooooth

33. Judith says:

Please I want to know, when is it better to use psylium husk and when iris moos? I used allready psylium by the end of a feast, but not in recipes. Irish moos not yet.

Then it seemed to me that I heard from Elaina, that she put some bakin in, is it (soda) or (pouwder), or did I understand something wrong as it is not mentiond in the ingridiences?

Thanks Judith

34. Brynda Bechtold says:

Matthew, you have the right idea using wild greens. This is where you find some of the polysaccharides mentioned above. Gogi berries have 4 and there are many in seaweeds. The secret to full “glycosylation” around the cells is to get all eight. Medicinal mushrooms also do their magic using these sugars. It depends on the soil/trees that these plants are grown in. Adaptogenic herbs usually have them as well. Full glycosylation means the cell surface has all the necessary sugars to build all the different protein and lipid structures depending on how they fold. Each fold can mean a genetically influenced disease. When children are born w/these deficiencies, they can get a disease called Glycoprotein Deficiency Syndrome or mucopolysaccharidosis…google it. Much research goes on in this area but they will deny any benefit comes from eating the polysacchrides. They only want to develope a drug that will do it which will bring lots of $ in profits as well as research grants. There is amazing science all over the world going on. Google any auto-immune disease and one of the sugars…mannose, fucose, sialic acid, etc. and be ready for the massave amount of research.

35. Traci says:

Do I soak the dates for this recipe?

36. Tenisa says:

See if you can eat just one of these!!! When I need a brain boost, I make some of my delicious brownie bites: dates, walnuts, pecans, cacao, fine ground almonds, pinch of salt… all in the food processor until it sticks together. Roll into balls and enjoy!

37. Dottie MacDonald says:

Would LOVE to see future programs on the glycosylation mentioned above relating to polysaccharides and especially in relation to cancer.