Refreshing Summer Raw Smoothie Recipe Cilantro Surprise by Rhio (The Best One Ever) – The Renegade Health Show Episode #347

Wednesday Jul 8 | BY |

This raw smoothie recipe is by far the best one we’ve done on the show…

I personally treat cilantro like a fruit. It tastes so fresh and amazing.

Annmarie was pumped to show this smoothie recipe as well, because she loves papaya… but only when it’s really, really ripe.

Your question of the day: What products do you buy online?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment below!

To get this recipe and 165 more, please check out our new smoothie book… www.ultimatesmoothierecipes.com

PS. Kevin and Annmarie Gianni from The Renegade Health Show are coming to Grants Pass!

Kevin will be discussing his new book, High Raw – a Simple Approach to Health, Eating and Saving the Planet. Find out more on http://www.TheRenegadeHealthShow.com Also, Annmarie will be sharing a delicious, easy-to-create, raw food recipe!

Bring your favorite organic, vegan, 100% raw food dish and or superfood drink. This event is hosted by the Southern Oregon Raw & Living Foods Meetup Group.

The cost to attend is $5

There is limited seating available – so, please RSVP on the group’s meetup page:

1. natalya says:

Are you planning on opening your own on-line store? If you will I will buy products from you.
    I buy kelp noodles and other sea weeds on-line, superfoods, msm things, books, dvds about health, marine phytoplankton and other algae (blue-green, chlorella tablets and spirulina tabletts), Health Force products, etc.
    Actually, it’s too much to mention what I am buying on-line. The rest of my food I am getting from local farmers markets and picking from my own yard.

2. Kandy says:

Kevin and Annmarie:

You two are awesome together! Love to watch you and enjoy all your inspiration.

3. Kristi says:

I buy Goji Berries, Raw Carob powder and Cacao powder. Also, Nori Sheets!

4. Kay Smith says:

Hi guys — great show. How would I go about purchasing the actual smoothie book — I purchased the e-book this afternoon — but thinking I would like a book to look through. Thanks, Kay

5. DELANEY says:

I would love to buy some chia seeds online. Suggestions? I currently get my Nori sheets at Whole foods for $5 for 10 sheets. Anyone find them cheaper online? Best spirulina? I usually get this at Whole Foods, too. I would love to get all of these things online but shipping is always so pricey…

6. Barbara says:

This smoothie recipe convinced me to go order the book 🙂 Things I buy online are too many to mention but include kale chips, organic raw nuts & nut butters, hempseeds, Vitamineral Green, coconut milk powder and raw vanilla powder. I have an order coming tomorrow with sunflower sprouts, wheatgrass, raw sunburgers, mangoes, sapodilla and white sapote. Love you guys!

7. Iryna says:

I often make my smoothies with cilantro, fancy frozen berries (cow berries, black\red currants, sea buckthorn) and banana, but papaya was a good idea – thanks! Things I buy on-line: chlorella/spirulina, hemp powder, whole vitamin C / acai powder, Co-enzyme B complex, etc.

8. Nancy Ryan says:

I buy so many things online it’s hard to list them all. Some of them are cacoa powder, goji berries, maca, chlorella,bee pollen, chia seeds. From the store I get hemp protein powder,flax seed. Love the videos this week!…..all the other weeks too!

9. Donna says:

Nice, I use the whole bunch of cilantro in one smoothie, with some ginger and banana! It’s incredible!

10. kristine says:

Online I get green food powders; Nikken greenzymes,and just splurged for some Revitaphi. I have bought herbal and homeopathic remedies online. I also buy an immune support supplement for my dogs on line. I bought my bed and my water system online through Nikken too! I’ve bought stuff from HealthForce online.

All my other food I buy at the grocery store or neighborhood farmers market.

Buy Jordan Rubin’s raw food vitamins at the Vitamin Shoppe but thinking if I keep eating so healthy I won’t need those anymore!

You guys are having a positive effect on me. I just chose fresh orange juice with green food powder in it instead of chocolate ice cream for dessert. Wow!

11. Peg says:

Just a note about cilantro–not everyone can eat it. If you have a certain genetic make up, the cilantro tastes like soap–my niece is one of them.

Having said that, I love, love this website and am looking forward to trying the new recipes.

🙂

12. Organic Chlorella Tablets

13. When you add one raw, peeled beet to any smoothie, it helps sweeten it and turns it a nice read color (and it is full of nutrients). By doing this, you don’t end up with the unappealing color.

14. Sabrina says:

This one sounds great! It is almost a Mexican smoothie. I would love to hear more about high raw eating for athletes. You talk about eating cooked grains in the evening for the calories. Any other tips for an athlete. I run and practice martial arts so I go through some calories, but do not want to lose any more weight. I am currently high raw and vegetarian.

Love, love you guys!

15. marlene says:

fruits and vegetables in the store, raw sauerkraut, brazil nuts, tea, . Online: tahini, dulse, nut butters, energy bars, raw cereal, protein powder, green powder, goji berries, olives, supplements, lucuma, maca and other.

16. Heather says:

I am in Canada and have to find most of the different ingredients that you have mentioned on your show from online sources. I purchased the vanilla powder and really like it. I purchase lots of nutritional substances like Nan02+ and Rezilience (Resveratrol). Plus sprouting seeds. I sprout alot.

There are lots of things that you have mentioned that I have not yet been able to find a Canadian source for like the Lucuma powder. I would love to find raw almonds somewhere but that just has not happened yet and there are a few other things I am still looking for.

Unfortunately getting things sent over the boarder has been a problem at times.

🙂 Heather

17. Genevieve says:

Wow! I learn so much from ALL of you. I generally only buy supplements online, and occasionally other things.

No video came through above. ????

18. Tonya says:

I am having thyroid issues and LOVE my kale chips and my kale and collard green smoothies. I am now hearing that I shouldn’t eat cruciferous veggies raw. What is up with this?

I use to live on the Miracle Mile for years…nice farmers market and Good Earth!
    Smoothie looks good!

19. sue says:

I usually buy all the stuff I cant find at my fav. local health food store– mainly kelp noodle and dehydrated “staples” (since I have yet to splurge for the appliance) like these amazing Sanhydra raw corn chips. Also, when I want to treat myself, Ill go all out and get some stuff from Awesomefoods– they have great “bread” and “tuna salad” and tempuraw. Also treats like uli mana truffles or gnosis choc. I also cant seem to find my ayate organic (cactus) washcloth anywhere other than online. That thing exfoliates like mad and doesnt mildew!

I also get my green powder– green vibrance online. Its not raw but it has so many beneficial things in it and Ive been taking it for years….

I just have to say I love u guys more each day– u r like the cutest couple ever– I feel like I know u! When r u back in ct?

20. Etejal says:

Things I buy online is Msm, Billy’s green formula.

21. Nick says:

Online I buy Dulse, wheetberries for growing wheat grass, Sunflower seeds for sprouting, in the store coconuts and avocado, use urban organic to deliver fruit & veggies

22. Tonya says:

Online stores I get maca, chia seeds, mesquite powder, agave, vanilla powder, cacao butter, coconut butter, coconut oil, toothpaste stuff, Vitamineral Green, chlorella, nori sheets, kelp noodles, hemp seed, hemp powder….

Local stores I get herbs for herbal remedies, Fo-Ti, tinctures, essential oils, Raw vitamins, seaweed, Kombucha, raw nut butters, Miso, organic wheat free tamari

I belong to several local co-op groups where we purchase raw coconut sugar, coconut, goji berries, truly raw almonds nuts and seeds, cacao nibs, cacao powder, Frontier products, E3 Live, essential oils, herbs, organic bath & body products, kelp powder, nutritional yeast, buckwheat groats, extra virgin olive oil, braggs liquid aminos, etc.

I am the organizer to the IEOPBC http://www.meetup.com/organicproduce where I get 90% of my produce.

23. Tonya says:

Oh! I forgot to tell you that I bought ALL of my appliances online, too. My Blendtec, Excalibur, GreenStar, KitchenAid Big Mouth food processor, personal blender…etc..etc..

It sure would be great to see you all have an online store that supplies it all.

I would like to try vanilla powder.

I have purchased from several online stores. While some are great others take FOREVER to ship…like months and it is very upsetting. So, I am happy to see that you two will be doing this. What a delight!

24. Danny says:

Hey…you guys are pretty cool and you are everyday people and thats makes you fun to watch. So keep the energy flowing,baby!

25. Kathy Thompson says:

Peg—-a wise old Korean herbalist once told me that if cilantro tastes like soap , that person is carrying a toxic load of heavy metals in their system. I am one of those persons too, so when it tastes like soap I start out very slowly (gag, gag) and gradually increase the amount until it tastes good as she said the cilantro would take out the heavy metals! After a couple of days it tastes good!

As for ordering online Kevin, I buy dog food, cleaning supplies, anything there is no other way to get it, but I strongly believe in eating local food so am waiting patiently for our farmer’s market to open.

26. jackie says:

I buy seeds and nuts, some appliances, dulse, green powder, superfoods, dried fruits,supplements, etc. on line. But where in the world can I get lucuma? Google doesn’t even know what it is! Local health store doesn’t have it, either.

Are you guys coming to the Veggie Fest in e Chicago on Aug. 8-9? It’s technically in Naperville. Would love to see you…

27. Sara says:

Hey Kevin and Annmarie…
    The products we buy online are those we can’t find in Bozeman. Unfortunately, even though our Coop is great in most ways, they don’t have ANYTHING for raw specialty products. I just placed an order with Matt at http://www.rawfoodworld.com and for those who are wondering, I’ve found them to have the greatest selection of goodies at good prices. I am waiting for the raw food mail fairy to show up at my door with: raw nori, chia, lucuma, nama shoyu, hemp shake, carob, coconut, and goji berries. I will also be buying vanilla powder and Vitamineral Green. Yum yum!

Take care!
    Sara

28. Tandi says:

Great show, I LOVE smoothies! I purchase chia seeds, goji berries, cacao, cacao butter, nuts, seeds, hemp seeds, stevia, coconut oil all online.

In the grocery stores I purchase baby thai coconuts, fruits, veggies, dried fruit, flax seeds, honey.

29. Tara Burner says:

OMG you two crack me up with “surprise” ingredient..could it be cilantro? 😉
    Meanwhile I buy nori sheets, chia seeds, nut butters and some other goodies online.
    Any chance of you guys touring to South Florida? 🙂

30. Mary Ellen says:

The most awesome product I have purchased online is OPC3 from marketamerica.com/americashop. Isotonic antioxidant.If you have allergies, let me tell you, even for small children, it’s amazing! If you still have symptoms when using that, you have a food allergy! I am looking for a site to buy sproutable grains that are reasonable in price, yet quality product. Any ideas? Thanks. Bob

31. Irondoll says:

You guys are growing on me, and AnnMarie has the best senewy arms! I used to buy lots of stuff online, but since we in San Francisco have Rainbow, and that store has everything I was, why bother? Seriously, I’ve purchased bags of chia seeds, black seseme seeds, delicate rice protein, Himalayan salt, maca powder (before it was available at the store), a couple of juicerators (which are now called “juicers”) and some vegan shoes…do they count? I don’t do much buying now, since I’ve pretty much cash poor these days…to change so liquidity soon! I love http://www.rawganique.com/

32. Kathryn says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

On line I get chia, hemp, goji, himalyan salt,Chorella, cocao, some supplemnts.

Blessings,
    Kathryn (:)

33. Bobby says:

I buy Chia, Hemp, Supplements, Health Food/Raw/Vegan products, Books, and anything else that’s easier to deal with by purchasing online. I’m looking for more choices purchasing these things since I got the shaft on my last 3 orders from The Raw Food World. Forget about trying to email them for a resolution. They ignore you…..

34. Jesse says:

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get organic coconut water or coconuts? Thanks!

35. DebB says:

I order a lot from iHerb: Nutiva hemp seeds, lucuma powder, mesquite, maca, spirulina, chlorella, most of our supplements and a lot of our toiletries.

Some from Matt Monarch: chia & lucuma when he had those on sale.

I order quite a bit through Azure Standard. We do a lot of shopping at Costco.

We have a little health food store in town, but the prices are very high and I can do better price-wise from above. I do buy things there though. I can get organic dates there for $3.60 per pound for example. I get my alfalfa and red clover sprout seeds, nama shoyu.

36. Bill says:

I do not personally buy a whole lot online, but my wife and I sell Raw Superfoods, Raw Snacks, Blenders, Juicers, Books, DVD’s etc. online in Australia.

I am privilaged to have loads of Raw Food at home so I never have to order these online!

What we do not stock we get from farmers markets, so we rarely go into any physical stores!

MMMMM – think I will go make a smoothie now! 🙂

37. Chris says:

Hi you guys,
    This smoothie looks awesome. I’m gonna make it today !!!
    Where I buy online? I used to buy a lot from Sunfood and Health Force but since I moved to Europe, I found this great online shop http://www.healthxl.be. Good range of Sunfood & Health Force products and others, and shipping is not as costly as in the States.
    Your shows are a terrific way to start my day here at the other side of the world.
    Bless you both,
    Chris

38. Carachi says:

I buy all my produce locally, and all my dry goods (algies, “superfoods” etc) online. I also buy seeds and beans, seaweed and such in a local store.

I have a question that I would like you to speak on some time:
    How much fat do you eat?
    All the recepies you make contains A LOT of nuts, hempseed, chiaseed, and even though they are GOOD fat – it is still FAT!
    Is it because when you give us a recepie you make something special, and then it is often fat – or do you really eat that way every day?
    I am following the “green” line, with a lot of greens, sprouts, not to much fruit. Still. I think my body would choak on all that fat every day? When I see your recepies (like today) – if I made that amount of almond milk it would last as my main fat source for at least 2-3 days…?! 😮

Also, another question: I tried your chia porridge. I have never been so frequent at the toilet! This is never mentioned? Is chia seed some kind of laxative? (And if so – do you digest all that fat or is it just going right trough you?)

39. Bobby says:

I see that you rejected my comments about what I buy online since I also included negative comments about the Raw Food World. It’s great to know that you too pick and choose how you’ll have things.

40. Mary says:

I have purchased a few things online, vanilla powder for one, but most of what I buy I can get through my coop. All I need to do is order it. I really need to find the farmers markets by me. The one in town isn’t very big and the guy who sells vegetables, just sells the same stuff that if in the stores, not local. We do have local farmers, but it is very expensive to buy from them.
    Why do you not keep the almond pulp? What do you do with your papaya seeds? I have heard you can use them, but I haven’t heard how.
    Cilantro does remove heavy metals, but because of different growing conditions, it isn’t always recommended on using that. You do need to be careful if you do have heavy metals, that you don’t release a lot at once and cause redistribution.

41. Elana says:

I liked today’s smoothie much better than yesterday’s, but not because of the color. I liked it because you used all real, fresh, whole foods. Yesterday’s was all processed, packaged foods. They may claim to be raw, but they can’t be as good as a fresh papaya and crisp green cilantro! Stick with the real foods please. The other stuff makes me feel like people are into it for the money, just like Kraft and Carnation!

42. Erika Matt says:

Marin County has the greatest farmer’s market and there is one on Thursday morning. It is in San Rafael at the Civic Center. I have not yet been able to download your raw book. Apparently I am missing some software for this.

43. Ann Marie says:

I buy my supplements online, Dr. Schulzs super food, @herbdoc.com.
    Love your show!

44. Lori says:

I truly enjoy being privy to your RV kitchen and lifestyle since I too go that route part of the year, depending on my husband’s next contracting job. Currently in Phoenix but went to Disney over the weekend, stopped at a Date farm in Indio since it was along the route and bought 15# medjools, 5# khadrawi, 3# each of honey and blonde dates – yum! I’m in heaven, the medjool dates are what I usually order online. I buy a lot of the hard to find ingredients online too, and a good source for those is NaturalZing.com. They seem to have everything from supplements and books to lucuma,maca,mesquite – those seem to be hard to find otherwise, and already dehydrated snacks like crackers and chips. OneLuckyDuck.com is another fun source because it’s Sarma’s “Pure Food and Wine” restaurant in NY – she always sends you a free sample of something to try when you order and it’s fun to peek in on the restaurant. Hope I’m lucky enough to have dinner there sometime! Oh, and I too think I’ll purchase your new book based on this week of smoothie shows.

45. Dianne says:

Heather,

You can buy lucuma and raw nuts in Canada from upayanaturals.com or realrawfood.com

46. chris says:

I did a search and it seems almond nut milk is only 30% fat.

Also, I just tried the Revitaphi for the first time yesterday…..my house has never been so clean.

47. Jeani says:

I know what papaya seeds can be used for, Mary. A missionary doctor working in Mexico let us fellow missionary’s know that we can use it to get rid of the amoeba parasite. You dry the seeds, then grind them up and mix them with some nut butter. Take 1 tbsp mixed in nut butter each day for a week, and voila, no more amoeba parasites!!
    It works! I used this on my family when we lived in the jungles of Peru. We never had to use a pharmaceutical like Flagil (which is very hard on your liver) and we remained parasite free.

As far as buying things on-line, I only buy what I can’t find at Whole Foods. And I try to eat simply; buying and consuming fresh fruits and veggies. The packaged “raw” and “health” foods are still packaged and processed food. I live by this rule:

“Be suspicious of any food that requires
    a corporate headquearters,
    a laboratory,
    a marketing department,
    and a legal team
    to get to your mouth.”

48. Rhonda D says:

So far I have only purchased Books on Raw food, sprouting, things of this nature online.

Thinking about buy some of the lucuma and the vanilla powder.

I try to buy locally as much as I can.

Thanks for all you hard work. Be safe.
    Rhonda D.

49. Courtney says:

Hi Kevin,

I am curious why the price of the hardcover copy of the smoothie book is so expensive. You generally put out more affordable products (thank you! :)). Usually a smoothie book of around 150 recipes would retail for $10-15. Why is the book $40? Do each of the authors/contributors get a cut (I have nothing against that–it would be very fair), was it it super-expensive to make a printed copy with color photos because you are only printed a limited number, or is there some other reason? Just mulling over whether to get the hardcover version…I won’t pay an arm and a leg unless I know there is a legitimate reason. Thanks and hugs! 🙂

Courtney

50. Michelle says:

Kevin,

I enjoy your show immensely. I was a vegan, and raw-curious, but I never thought I could do it. Here I am, I consider myself to be 50% raw and counting. I’d love to know the response you gave (if you had time) to the above question about how much fat. I’ve been eating a ton of fat as well, via chiaseed, hemp seed, coconut milk and almond milk. (I also had the chia-toilet experience)

Thanks! You’re changing lives!

51. Chris & Sara says:

Awesome show! Awesome question!

We shop farmers markets for majority of produce. I even found a lady on Craigslist who has a garden that overproduces, so we get a lot of greens from her. We just stop by her beautiful home and go pick what we need. Sooo awesome!

What we cant get from there, we get from a little health food store.

Dont get too much online. Problem for us online is shipping to Hawaii is expensive. We are trying to find better and better sources. Like finding a local supplier for our coconuts, exotic fruits, sprouts, and seeds for our garden (which will be producing in about 3 mos from now YAY!!) So we dont have to buy produce. We can even work out trades with people once we are growing too!

Most expensive stuff we buy on average- coconut water, sprouts, papaya, nectarine, or other exotic fruits, oils, nut butters

(we dont really buy supplements) But do get herbs, teas, medicinals at Dragons Den Herb Store here on Maui- or wherever we are.

Things like – salt, spices, oats, quinoa (etc) , kelp, gojis, other dried fruit, seeds, beans,nut yeast- we buy from the bulk section and is very affordable. Like .45 cents for a baggie of spices that would cost $4 or more if you get it in a containter (which I already have and then just refill from the bulk) Salt is waaaay cheaper in the bulk verses a bag on the shelf- for the SAME salt. So this is a great way to cut down costs.

Ironically, just yesterday we were going over our grocery receipt, (we shop every day/ to everyotherday) trying to see what we spend the most on and came up with some interesting reallizations:

funny that some of us would (AND HAVE!) pay almost $5 for a latte, $20 bux for a bottle of wine, $5 for 1 beer or $15 for filet minon, (the list goes on) and then say “I cant believe coconut water is $5, or sprouts are $10 ! Chocolate bar $5???!! Goji berries are too expensive! It sooo expensive to eat good!!

????????????????

Since eating better, we have slowly eaten less and less junk and meat and alcohol and find that what appears to be expensive now, is still less than our old habits were combined, when you look at overall spending.

52. Melissa says:

I buy all natural mineral makeup from SpellCosmetics.com Also, I sell all natural, animal free soaps on my website! SummerlandSoaps.com

53. Tonja says:

Sea vegetables (many kinds), kelp noodles, sprouting seeds (many kinds), chia seeds, hemp seeds, olives, brazil nut protein power, hemp protein powder, boku, delicious greens, maca, cacao.

Someone asked for a place to buy chia seeds. I bought them at http://www.naturalremi-teas.com – good price, quick shipping. I also found them in larger quantity but don’t remember where. You can pretty much google any food you want to buy and find it. A good place for sea vegetables is http://www.seaveg.com; for kelp noodles http://www.kelpnoodles.com.

54. ken says:

First a soaking/sprouting note. The soak and rinse water can be used to give a little nutrient boost to what-ever’s growing nearby. I use the “rinse” to water my inside plants and the first soak/rinse for outside(it seems too slimey to have in the apt.) When your on the road you could throw it in the fridge and then share it when you park for the night, even though your essentially in a rolling grey water system this stuff is best fresh.
    I just webbed some organic tumeric, and a few experimentals, DMSO & DE and a Berkey fluoride filter(i’m making my own bucket filter). I co-op for chia, brewers yeast,manuka honey and bulk, fair trade sugar and tea to feed my kombucha,and then over to Essential living foods for bulk gogi,macca powder,cacoa. farmers market for the rest!

55. Elizabeth says:

I buy yacon syrup, raw cacao, maca, chia seeds, and some sprouting items online.

However, I actually responded in hopes that you would show us how you open a Thai coconut (since I saw one sitting there). I have purchased several in the past and it has been disastrous to say the least when opening. I now avoid all recipes that use coconut period unless it is the dry flakes which I can buy. I would like to learn a good techinique.

Thanks!

56. Ellie says:

Kevin,
    I read at Dom’s Kefir in-site that: “Green Papaya contains papain and chymopapainenzymes; however, ripe Papaya contains so little enzyme if any, that the ripe fruit is unsuitable…”
    What do u think or know about it?
    Thank you.

57. Carole C. says:

I would buy so much more in the natural marketplace if the handling-shipping had not skyrocketed. Not long ago I needed just one item. The shipping almost doubled the cost of this purchase. I’ll never say never, but I am pretty sure I am done buying this way. If I cannot pick it up from a store locally, or the shipping is free, I will do without or figure out how to substitute.

58. alice says:

I don’t buy much online as I live in Fairfield, IA. Lots of raw foodies here and so the local organic market caters to us. Just want to say that Anne-Marie has the most beautiful smile. I’m always taken aback everyday! Kevin, you are a lucky guy.

59. Linda says:

Let me see…veggies/fruits/dried fruits/nuts & seeds/honey/maple syrup/toiletries/coconut oil/sometimes bread/sea veggies are some of the items that I purchase from the health food stores. (I have two that I frequent often)

Supplements/green food/yacon syrup/chia seeds/hemp seeds & powder/milk bags/Lots of food prep DVD’s & CD’s/recipe books are some of the things I purchase online.

The purchased items online range from $50 to $100.00 at a time with s/h & tax included (if applicable). Then I proceed to use these items that I’ve purchased sparingly. I’m on a VERY tight budget.

60. Valerie says:

I do a lot of herbal infusions, so I buy herbs like nettles and oatstraw in bulk (usually 5+ lbs at a time) online from Mountain Rose Herbs.
    I’m lucky to have an awesome food co-op – there’s not much else that I can’t get there!

61. Nick says:

None…for the most part, except an occasional item–like New Chapter food derived vitamins (from fermentation), mycomedicinals & big things, like a vehicle, a laptop, a cell phone, a place to live…–but that’s off of craigslist — does that count?

Then your green smoothies — this cilantro one, anyway — isn’t very green. (altho eating raw vegan organic is a very green act) Makes me wonder if you folks would think i put in too much greens? But i thought that was the point: to centre our diet in the colour green (the colour of the central heart chakra). Ok, that last idea is of the kind put forth by Don Tolman. The first i was taken by Angela Stokes singing Green Leaves to Green Sleeves & other such admonishments to emphasize the need & ease from being green.

62. Jan says:

What brand/model is your blender?
    I have no idea where to purchase many of the ingredients that you use like vanila powder, raw cacao, maca, chia seeds and some of the berries.

63. Jan says:

What brand/model is your blender?

64. I buy very little online because the shipping is so expensive! I only do so if I really need the product and cannot find it in a local store. For example, I recently purchased heirloom seeds for my garden from a vendor in my province so the shipping would be minimal. I then bought some more garden seeds along with some sprouting seeds from another Canadian vendor that was offering free shipping. I do not buy from the States anymore unless there is absolutely no Canadian source and I MUST have the item, because I have been caught too many times with extra fees for crossing the border and sometimes an extra Fedex charge. If I buy from the States, they have to take VISA because I will not wait weeks for cheques to clear the bank (fouls up my bookkeeping).

I would like to buy stuff from Dr. Ben Kim in Barrie, Ontario, but it is all shipped from the States so I do not.

We happen to have a health food store owned by a naturopath just down the street, so when I get really inspired to eat healthy or try once again to help my family do so, I will drop in there. In December I bought apple cider vinegar, vitamin D, raw honey… The local Independent store has a health food section where I regularly buy soymilk. Recently I purchased coconut oil, hemp seed, ground flax and chia seed as well.

I want to buy an Excalibur food dehydrator and cannot find it in any local stores (why not???) so I am going to buy one online, from a source in my province. I want to buy a pressure canner but since that is available at Canadian Tire (and there is one down the street) I will go there.

I am a Juice Plus distributor and have an online store for that, so you could say I get my Juice Plus online. Really, it just comes every month so I do not have to order. If you want to check that out, go to

Connie

65. I notice you scooped and discarded the papaya seeds when you made this recipe. Do you usually discard the seeds when you eat/use fresh fruit? Could you not add them into the smoothie, or at least dehydrate them for use in other recipes or later snacking?

I ask this because I am trying to learn to use EVERYTHING and want to stop my bad habit of discarding such things as squash seeds. I keep hearing about pumpkin seeds; are the seeds of all the other squashes just as healthy for you. Are there any seeds we must not eat?

Cannot think at the moment of other seeds we could discuss–but there must be lots.

Perhaps you could do a show on this topic?

Connie

66. Kat says:

HI!!! I really love your show, i’m trying to change my diet and I make a few of your recipes specially smoothies!!!

I’m from central america, From El Salvador!!!

Blessing

67. Deborah says:

I purchase my Nutronix Silver Solution liquid and GEL and CELLFOOD online, E3Live & raw cacao powder online. There is a wonderful local farm that opened a storefront where I get all my organic sprouting seeds, raw nuts, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame seeds at great prices. Organic produce comes from where ever I can find it. I pick blueberries fresh from a berry farm. Will be looking for a source online for chia (they don’t have that where I get my other seeds)and I have been wanting to try lacuma powder. I, too, heard that Natural Zing is a great source.

68. tessa nisbet says:

wow u get so many replies! i live in mexico and often shop online and then have to find someone willing to bring the goods down here as most places either don’t ship to mexico or the price is exorbitant….i will use local seasonal produce as much as possible but i love to splurge on the specialty foods i see as raw fooders are spreading so much great information about various foods….chia seed – whole oat groats (for making yoghourt) raw buckwheat groats – quinoa – the ‘zapper’ david wolfe advertised – heirloom garden produce seeds – occasionally nuts ands seeds if i find a good price – otherwise i rely on friends shopping at trader joe’s – organic garden spray fertiliser and pesticide control –

69. Tina says:

For those concerned with the color of your smoothies, I have two preschoolers with similar concerns, and I’ve discovered that adding a tablespoon or two of beets does wonders for the color of otherwise “unappetizing” looking smoothies. I don’t think it changes the flavor much except for maybe adding a little sweetness. Hope this helps!

70. Janie says:

Hi,

Well,

Let’s see, your question of the day was, “what raw food products do I buy online/or in the store”. Hmmm, I am extremely new to being a raw foodist, actually only been doing this for a couple of weeks. I buy all of my products in local stores. The only thing I have bought online was my excalibur dehydrator. I would buy more things online. We don’t have lots of options in Louisville, KY. However, we recently got a Whole foods market and we have Rainbow Blossom. Oh, I also had to find an online store for nut milk bags…..we are very limited in this part of the US…..would love more options.

Thanks once again for being so inpiring! I was raised farming cattle..you can understand a little better how inspiring you guys are!!

We love your show…changing my families health with your help…one show at a time!

Blessing to you and yours
    Janie and Bob

71. Janice says:

Hi Kevin,
    I buy sweeteners that I cannot get locally like lucama powder and yukon syrup. I buy allot of organic herbs and supplements. I buy chorella tablets and antioxidants like astaxanthin and different strains of algae. And I bought your smoothie book, actually I love cook books or shall I say uncook books?! I have also purchased green powders. Gosh, I buy quite a bit……never really thought about it before. Keep up the great shows, I have seen them all. You two have come a long way in a short time.

72. John says:

I shop online for nearly everything except for fresh produce of course. If I can find a really good deal online then I go for it otherwise I buy locally. I do prefer to buy locally but if it is not competitive then I go online. Clothes can be difficult because unless I can try it on first I don’t really know how it will fit and I have gotten things online that do not fit right even though it is my normal size and that’s frustrating. Electronics I buy almost exclusively online. So basically I shop around for things and go for the best deal I can find – online or off.

73. annette says:

I just read in Rhio’s cookbook that coconuts need to be purchased refrigerated. It sounded like all kinds of coconut. My best price on coconut is the Asian Market, but they are not refrigerated. I noticed New Seasons Market refrigerates theirs but they are very pricey. Have you heard anything about that?

74. Cheryl Holt says:

Hi Kevin & Annmarie!

Great Smoothie recipe! Thank you for sharing!
    I purchase online via Elements For Life as I am a distributor the following:
    Marine Phytoplankton
    Cacao
    Macca
    Gold Rush!!! WOO HOO
    Goji Berries
    Inca Berries
    Raw Sacred Heart Chocolates
    Revitphi (amazing greens)
    on occasion I purchase on line
    various raw nuts, raw nut butters, sea salts.
    Raw Food Preparation Supplies(like nut mylk bags)

At the store I purchase:
    Raw Nuts, organic and non,
    Raw Organic Nut Butters,
    Raw Coconut Oil,
    First Pressed Olive Oils, and other first pressed oils.
    Raw treats: Laughing Giraffe Snackaroons, Raw Cacao bars, flax & other raw crackers.
    Occasional fruits and veggies that I can not get at the farmers markets.

I purchase by the case young thai coconuts from the local oriental market. I also buy sea salt at the same place in bulk as I use it in my bath water. It is much cheaper that way.

Love, Light, & Peace,
    Cheryl

75. Karen Anderson says:

HBi, You can buy many raw foods online, such as lacuma, raw almonds, etc., at “Real Raw Foods” for good prices in Canada. just goosle it. Karen