Raw Food Vegetable Party Dip – The Renegade Health Show Episode #282

Wednesday Apr 8 | BY |

Last night in Ojai, CA we went to a potluck with Matt Monarch and Angela Stokes…

Michelle, who put it on, made and incredible raw food vegetable party dip that everyone was raving about.

So Annmarie decided to get her to share her secret recipe for all of you.

Your question of the day: What is your favorite dip?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Go ahead and check out Michelle’s blog by clicking here!

1. debbie rivero says:

no video

2. David says:

My favorite dip is:

Mix just with a spoon to a creamy consistency:
    – Almond butter (ORG, raw)
    – filtered water

Add and again mix smooth:
    – hemp seeds
    – cinnamon
    – (optional: add handful of soaked pumpkin seeds)
    – (optional: substitute soaked chia seeds)
    – (optional: add spirulina for a green kick)

This seed/nut combo (1-2 types per dip) is simple for easy digestion. The hemp/pumpkin/chia helps to balance Omega3/Omega6 a bit. The cinnamon adds a little spice and kicks up your natural digestion.

Unfortunately, a nut/seed dip only combines really, really well with greens, cucs and celery. I like to drizzle down a cuc (no seeds) or celery ‘boat’ and enjoy.

David.

3. Kim says:

Awww…..you didn’t post the recipe. Bummer. Great show though. (~_~)

4. Hi… Sounds great (Hemp Dill Dip!)…we will do it soon! Our “default” dip is our all raw
    sprouted hummus. We elaborate on it as the mood and ingredients are present. Also, Garlic Tahini Dressing, substitute sunflower seeds for a variation; Royal Tahini Dip with Beets…Great look, great taste!
    Your vids are a daily “electronic supplement” for us and we direct all our friends and club members to them! Thanks so much… Joe and Fran

5. Kristin says:

can you please post the recipe for the dip?
    Thank you.

Kristin

6. gina says:

Thanks…it is different..I will try it..but I will have to leave out the brewers yeast besides that I dont have that ingredient but my brothers family is gluten free I think that yeast has gluten in it? I want to try this for Easter.
    Oh also just wanted to let you know kevin & annmarie I am using 2 other recipes that you guys have posted recently for part of easter dinner. The califlower mashed potatoes and the puddings with avacado and papaya. I think all of my family (who eat dead food mostly) will like them. Thanks again.. I appreciate everything you guys do and you two look like your having a blast..keep posting the videos they are exciting, full of energy, and funny which is something I love to do…laugh

7. John says:

I love <3 guacamole and hummus!

8. zyxomma says:

So many dips, so little time! Probably pesto (when basil’s in season), sometimes w/baby spinach added to the mix. When basil’s out of season, guacamole, but please, people, no onion! Just lime, New Mexico chile, garlic, tomato, and a little Himalayan salt.

9. Jenni says:

This is the best dressing/dip I’ve ever made, I didn’t invent the name! I left the blogger’s comments as they were. It is so good! I’m bummed that I’m working late tomorrow and will miss your San Francisco appearance 🙁

CREAMY-ASS RANCH DRESSING:

This is sooo creamy and yummy for when you crave something dairy-like, i just made this today from this new raw food recipie book I bought (Jennifer Cornbleet’s ‘Raw FOod Made Easy for 1 or 2 people’). I have to say that this book is the best I’ve ever read, simple and tasty recipies and I love how after every recipie she states how long they last in the fridge – super helpful for when I double recipies to use the following days. I swear I don’t work for her, I just love this book since I live alone. Here it is:

Yield 1 cup, 4 servings

1 cup soaked raw cashews (about 2 hours soaked is enough)
    3/4 cup water
    2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
    1 Tbs minced fresh basil, or 1 tsp dried
    1 Tbs minced fresh dill weed, or 1 tsp dried

Place cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add the basil and dill weed and pulse briefly, just to mix. Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, Ranch Dressing will keep for 5 days.

Variation: for Thousand Island dressing: add 1/2 chopped red bell pepper (about 1/2 cup) to the blender along with the other ingredients.

Keep shining your light bright! ^.^

10. Gabriela says:

Joe and Fran Guerino, could you please post a recipe for raw sproted hummus ?

11. erin says:

great recipes guys, thanks. They all look amazing. You should post them at this raw foods site for more people to see.

12. Charlotte Cormier says:

Bravo! I was really impressed by your pharmacist visitor Sue Cohen who authored ”Drug Muggers”! This book should be in every home!
    Please post the dip recipe for April 9th! Great for our next pot-luck!

Many thanks! Charlotte Cormier New Brunswick Eastern Canada!

13. Necrowitch says:

I’m transitioning right now so SADly my favorite is still hidden valley bacon/ranch..
    (joke intended)
    I’m looking for a homemade sauce but so far I lack the ingredients to make any recipes i find. T_T

14. pat kapsak says:

Hi, Don’t know why I can not get your videos anymore ? ! Is it my computer or do I have to do something different that just bringing up your site and clicking on your website ? Thanks, pk

15. Wonda says:

I love anything with Avocado.
    Great recipe!

16. Micele says:

Raw Pesto Veggie Dip
    2 cups fresh basil
    1/3 cup pine nuts(soaked one hour and drained)
    1 large garlic clove minced
    1/4 cup olive oil
    Celtic Sea Salt to taste
    pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)

Place first three ingredients in food processor with S blade and process until creamy. Then slowly add oil until dip consistency. Add salt and cayenne to taste. Serve with a tray of broccoli and cauliflower florets, carrot and celery sticks!

17. dave says:

my favorite dip is a “dip” in the ocean…but seriously those recipes all sound really nice…loving you Kevin & Anna Marie & all foodists everywhere.

18. nbcreative says:

favorite dip:

Hummus dip from rawvolution (matt amsden’s book), food processed with mini red peppers. MMMM… tastes just like roasted red pepper hummus! oooo and extra cumin.

19. Hummus:

3 1/2 c. chick peas
    1 Tbsp. cumin
    1 tsp. chili powder
    1/3 c. olive oil
    1/4 c. lemon juice or Braggs A.C.V.
    2 cloves of garlic
    4 green onions chopped
    1/4 chopped red bell pepper
    1/4 choppped green bell pepper
    1/4 c. parsley
    1/3 c. black olives (opptional)
    salt or Herbamare & pepper or Mrs. Dash to taste

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. Place the mixture into a container and refridgerate for about 4 hours allowing the flavors to fully blend together.

Yum!