Two Amazing Raw Food Recipes for Pudding – The Renegade Health Show Episode #274

Friday Mar 27 | BY |

We’re still at Nomi Shannon’s and she’s whipping up some amazing raw food recipes for us…

Today she’s got two awesome raw food puddings that take literally 4 minutes each to make (with explanation!)

One is banana-papaya and the other is an avocado base with banana.

Your question of the day: What is your favorite pudding?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

To find out more about Nomi, please click here!

1. Bette says:

Fave pudding…chia seed with banana,coconut and walnuts….yummy. These sound delish too though. Made me want some.
    I wanted to tell the people who have never met you two, you look wayyy better in person. The camera doesnt do Annmaries beauty justice…haha.
    Happy you are having fun.Keep us posted..

2. DebB says:

I thoroughly enjoyed today’s show! Thank you Nomi, Kevin and AnnMarie.

I haven’t made a lot of puddings, but I have made one that is just scrumptious. It’s mango and banana ~ that’s it. My granddaughters are going to be here over Spring Break and I bought mangos last week at Costco so they’d be ripe for them to have this pudding.

Debbie *Ü*

3. Crystal says:

It was great to see Nomi in action, I love her books. But I have to wonder if she is promoting the raw food lifestyle, why is she so overweight. She does not look like a “picture of health”. Victoria Boutenko is another person I don’t understand why she looks so unhealthy. As a newbie on raw, I am disappointed to see these women and I really wonder if they are following the advice they are giving to others. I understand every person is different and everyone’s body is different, but beening overweight is what it is no mistake.

4. Rev Bob says:

I miss not having the recipes,
    Nomi’s recipes are always good.

5. cathy says:

Hi Guys
    I made something like a pudding today it was frozen banana processed with goji berries and blueberries. This was a thick creamy consistency. I was aiming for a smoothie but had to eat it like a pudding. I would consider it more like a ice cream especially if you refreeze it some. It was incredibly decadent and very easy to make. Try this sometime. I am gonna try frozen bananas with kiwi fruit and some goji next time.
    Peace out!

6. Karen says:

Kevin and AnnMarie you both are so positive! Keep up your great message and good vibes all across America…We Americans needs all the nutritional support we can get. You two are doing such great work. Thank you. Blessings 2u2!

7. Jenn says:

It is great to see you both on the road and interacting and having shows with other real life people(the rest are good too but sometimes not as easy to relate to on daily basis). Favorite pudding is something fruit based like you made in this show. While I still use dairy(mostly local farm fresh raw milk or cheese)I have always hated yogurt but I love the fruit based textures and tastes!

8. Pat says:

I love Nomi! However, my favorite pudding was made my Tonya Zavasta here in Alameda, when she was touring and giving lectures several years ago…mangos and swiss chard….it’s delish and comes out a fantastic green color…yum! I’m a big believer in greening the diet. I’m already a little fruity…;-)

9. Great Kevin, the sound was perfect this time (you can turn the volume up on the intro and the trailer just a smidgeon if you want).
    Before this show all I knew about was store-bought pudding but now Iam going to get out my blender and blow the dust off of it and get over to Everybody’s Whole Foods for some groceries tomorrow and start puddening.
    When will you be pulling on through Fairfield Iowa?

10. Ineke Helby says:

My favorite pudding is the one that Nomi made with the avocado’s. I make this all the time but instead of juice I add a splash of non dairy vanilla milk and a tsp of vanilla and nutmeg. You also can add cacao. A little bit of cacao gives it a caramel flavor. Add lots of cacao and you have a wonderful chocolate pudding

Bon appetit

11. Nicole says:

Thank you, volume is much better. I could hear what Nomi was saying today. Oh, and I just got her book last week; now when I read a recipe I can hear it in her accent:-) Bananers. Lovely. Pudding-wise…I don’ t really like pudding. Closest thing would be a mango smoothie.

12. Bonnie says:

Hands down Chia pudding
    Chiaseed+almondmilk+misquite+agave+
    cinnimon=delicious! Thanks Angela Stokes!

13. krissy says:

definitely chocolate! here’s the raw recipe:
    avocado
    raw cacao powder
    water
    something sweet (i used honey!)
    sea salt

its AMAZING

great show guys!! i’m going to try those too. i LOOOOVE pudding.

14. Elaine says:

Great show!! Very good sound, too!
    My favorite pudding is chocolate and avocado. I also use it for a fruit fondue/dip. Delish!! I use it as well for banana “ice cream” and frosting for my 15 Minute Cake. Love it!! I must try the fruit puddings one of these days.

15. marijana pontoni says:

My kids concluded that they like sometimes “straight“ puddings. That means that I blend just one sort of fruit with a little psyllium and some fat for creaminess.

16. linda says:

i am glad you are going to read this before
    you print it because you might want to research it first!!!
    the bananas with brown spots…i have read where
    they are finding parasites in bananas and they enter through the bottom of the banana…… if you break open the ripe bananas and the center has black looking seeds kinda thingies they are parasites.
    it doesn’t matter organic or not organic…some times the organic are worse. i buy bananas 12 lbs
    at a time and freeze for our daily green drink
    and it is difficult to find a whole banana with no parasites…..i break away the bad parts and freeze the rest!!! it will be interesting to hear what you find.

17. Cynthia says:

Aloha,

Wow, that looks delicious, thanks!
    Our favorite pudding is…………. avocados,banana,dates,vanilla, and carob powder blended in the food processor, extremely easy and fantastic!
    We would love for you to come to Hawaii someday!?
    Cynthia

18. Ildiko says:

Great show!! I loved the papaya puddig idea, was just wondering if I could send that to my daughter’s daycare for snack for my daughter. If she eats it later, would it not turn brown because of the bananas? I really wonder. It would be a great snack for her to take with her.
    My favourite pudding is the chocolate pudding I make from avo, honey (raw), carob, lemon juice. It can be used as icing on a cake, it is rich and creamy.

19. deb says:

One way to change the health of the world is to realize that our purchasing decsions affect others. Non-organic bannanas may have “thick” skins, but the workers who harvest bannanas do not. Imagine being “bombed” by pesticide while you work. No thanks.

deb

20. dromenon says:

i’m still too close to the diabetic line for puddings yet but i just wanted to say how much i enjoyed today’s show. nomi is great!! i can’t wait to try these recipes.

any chance of a future show on kefir? i know doc cousens drinks it every day and i’d love to know more about nut mylk and water kefir.

thanks for fixing the sound.

21. dede says:

Great show – – Great to see all three of you having so much fun :-).
    Nomi makes food preparation so fast and fun and easy – just like you do, Annmarie.
    So – ya know – I EAT those little brown parts of a banana – – is that a bad thing? I never thought that maybe I should cut them out?? hmm….something to ponder :-).
    You guys are the best!! hugs, Dede
    PS – I received Frank G.’s book the other day – the recipes look great!!

22. Laura says:

Chocolate! Banana, Avo and raw cacao.

I have some fresh strawberries. I’m going to try Banana, avo and strawberries. Oh yea!

23. ann gleason says:

Loved this show!
    Made me realize my smoothie is really more like a pudding – also depends on how much banana/avocado/other fruit you put in there!
    Here’s my favorite pudding recipe:
    banana
    avocado
    frozen blueberries and peaches
    chia
    acai
    maca
    cacao power
    ReVitaPhi
    Cordyceps
    Island Fire

24. JT says:

the best pudding is chocolate pudding in the frig. overnight. I know it ain’t good for u, but it is good.

25. Petra Recor says:

Kevin, I am sure you guys heard about this scary bill that sounds like food safety issues are taken care off, but in reality they are trying to get all organics off the market too…HR 875..anyhow, here is the website:http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=12671
    Please read it and I don’t know if you can also spread the word, since you guys have such a big following..it is very scary to think they might get it through at one time, because nobody knows about it!

26. JT says:

it also can make the makers of all the junk resposible for what they make. at least what i hear. ????? not sure

27. Melody says:

I like Carob pudding.

Made with banana, avocado and carob powder.

That papaya pudding looked yummy. I will have to try that sometime.

28. Suzanne says:

Enjoyable show as always. Too bad I didn’t use Nomi’s cautious handling of a meat cleaver. Six days ago I had a rather unfortunate incident involving a young coconut and a meat cleaver–spent part of the night in the emergency room. I have purchased two coconuts since then–love them!–but still haven’t worked up the courage to open them. Hmm … does this mean healthy food can be hazardous to your health? Keep up the great shows!

29. John says:

I was never a big fan of traditional pudding but will try these, they looked great! I have made one mostly raw pudding with peanut butter/cashew butter, cocoa/carob, banana, sweetener (honey/agave/whatever), and I think that was all and it was really good.

30. John says:

I forgot to mention, my nickname since I was about 11 has been puddin’. 🙂

31. Shelby says:

Wow, what a coincidence… I made pudding for part of my lunch today! So, I pulled it out and enjoyed some of it while watching your video.

2 avocado
    1/2 banana
    3 dates
    sea salt
    vanilla
    1 tsp Bragg’s soy sauce
    lime juice
    agave to taste
    2-3 Tbsp cacao powder
    1 Tbsp cacao nibs
    coconut water until smooth pudding consistency

*heaven!*

32. Karen Jackson says:

Such simple recipes and they sound so good. I think adding some lime juice to both would be really yummy.

33. Cindy (Sydney, Australia) says:

Kevin & Ann Marie,
    thanks for the great ideas I love the recipe shows. I do have a question though. Do these fruit puddings last for any amount of time in the fridge or is it something that has to be made and eaten straight away. The basis for these are banans and advocados, both fruits that oxidise quickly. Would adding lemon juice help as that is what i use on avocados to stop them going brown, as well as when i make fruit salad.
    Thanks in advance for your answer. Have a great day.

34. del says:

Just prior to watching this I made whipped up frozen blueberries, soaked almonds, with half a banana and gogiberries and cacao nips in a VitaMix blender. It was yummy DELicious! It’s not quite a pudding but still really good.

After seeing the Blendtec in action I like the wide container opening but the plunger like tool that comes with the VitaMix does a great job in pushing down the food into the blades while the machine is still on. I don’t think the Blendtec has that. A question that might be interesting in the future is to do a survey of BlendTec and VitaMix users. BlendTec folks seem to be pretty enthusiastic and love their machine.

35. Didiydi says:

To Crystal who asked about Nomi and Vitoria being overweight. I was wondering about the same thing, and from what I know overweight can be due to several reasons:
    -very sensitive people’s long habit of using extra weight as a shield,usually not good at coping with all emotions and/or linked to mild/severe eating disorders (doesn’t matter if they eat too much or very little),
    -not enough exercise
    -when people develop spiritually (which is what happens when on raw food), they become more sensitive, so again the shield, but it’s on the higher level than the first reason.

36. Susan Fenwick says:

Maybe if we were less critical of ourselves we would be less critical of others. Since you never know what’s inside the book until you open it we shouldn’t judge a book by its’ cover. I’m appreciative of the new learnings being shared with us each and every day.

Thanks to Nomi, Kevin and AnnMarie. And thanks for the increased volume as well. : )

37. Nadia says:

This is my breakfast pudding:

1 cup of 2 day sprouted buckwheat
    1 banana
    1 TBSP of a ‘green powder’
    dash of stevia, cinnamon, clove, allspice and sea salt

Very fulling 🙂

38. nancy sirianni says:

Amen Susan. Not everyone’s metabolism works at the same speed….some people, me included,have a slower metabolism. There are plenty of unhealthy thin people in the world….thiness doesn’t equate to good health. Naomi, you are beautiful and radiant!! Thanks to all who contribute to this program….I have learned so much!