Raw Food Recipe for Mexican Rice – The Renegade Health Show Episode #272

Wednesday Mar 25 | BY |

Annmarie has been craving Mexican food since we’ve been in the southwest…

So today, she’s going to get her fix with this raw food recipe for Mexican rice. It’s not really rice, but it tastes really good! 🙂

Your question of the day: What is your favorite beach?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Recipe…

1/4 head of cabbage, shredded
1/2 small sweet onion
2 TBSP Sun-dried tomato powder (or Fiesta Mole 😉 )
1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chili powder or more to liking
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 clove garlic
1/2 ripe tomato, diced

Place cabbage in food processor fitted with s blade and pulse until rice like texture

Transfer to large bowl and add, onion, sun-dried tomato powder, oil, salt, chili wder, cumin, onion powder, garlic, and tomato, toss gently.

Can warm if you like in a dehydrator set at 125 degrees for 30 mins to 2 hours.

Serve with ‘Taco Nut Meat‘ sliced avocado on a romaine leaf.

*taken from Raw Revolution Diet

Here’s our schedule for the next few days…

Sunday, March 29th, 2-4 pm at Ski Beach/Crown Pt. Shores in San Diego. Hosted by San Diego Vegan Raw Meetup. The Kale Whale Experience: See the veg-oil fueled green RV and meet Kevin and Annmarie Gianni, hosts of The Renegade Health Show. The dynamic duo are traveling the country, exploring the culture of natural health in America and sharing their experiences along the way on their daily internet video blog, The Renegade Health Show. You are invited to be a part of this amazing journey! Find out more on www.TheRenegadeHealthShow.com.

Kevin will be discussing both the Tour and his new book, “High Raw, a Simple Approach to Health, Eating and Saving the Planet”, and will show the veg-oil fuel system. Contest: help us find 100 gallons of unfiltered, used vegetable oil, and win a bottle of Island Fire (raw noni juice superfood supplement from Elements for Life!)

Please bring your own blanket and/or chair for seating. This will be an incredible event and not to be missed!

RSVP required: http://www.meetup.com/SanDiegoRawfood/calendar/9942476/

_________________________

Tuesday, March 31st, San Diego: An Evening of Qi Gong, Raw Foods and Fitness with Kevin Gianni, host of The Renegade Health Show, and Qigong instructor Nicole Francis. Free Qigong session at 5:30 pm, then at 6:30 catch up with Kevin and Annmarie Gianni as they talk about their travels around the country in a veggie-oil fueled RV interviewing health experts for The Renegade Health Show. Then join us for a raw food potluck. Please RSVP: nicole@ dragonhearthealing.com or through Rawesome Raw Food Potluck Meetup in Central San Diego: http://rawfood.meetup.com/527/calendar/10009347/

Qigong is an ancient Chinese healing art for centering the body-mind. It is a an hour class guided in breath, movement and visualization to tangibly build life-force energy for health and healing. Nicole is a certified teacher through the Supreme Science Qigong Center and has been an Oriental Body Therapist for 10 years. She is a Holistic Health Practitioner specializing in neck care who can be contacted through DragonHeartHealing.com. Also, contact her to be invited to monthly raw food potlucks in the heart of San Diego.

Kevin Gianni is an internationally known health advocate, author, and web TV host of The Renegade Health Show. He has helped thousands of people through his multi-media productions on optimum health, raw food and abundance, and longevity. He is the co-author, with Annmarie, of “The Busy Person’s Fitness Solution,” editor of “Smoothies for Optimum Health” and has created over a dozen programs and courses on natural health. Find more on www.TheRenegadeHealthShow.com

__________________________

Thursday April 2, 1:30-2:30. Shop with Kevin and Annmarie Gianni, Hosts of The Renegade Health Show, at Henry’s Market, 39606 Winchester Rd, Temecula, CA 92591. (951) 694-3680. Learn how to shop for your raw and whole foods diet, and what to look for on labels with these young, fun and dynamic health and fitness experts! Sign up on for their eletter for more events: www.TheRenegadeHealthShow.com

__________________________

Thursday, April 2, 6:30-8:30 PM. Superfoods Event with Kevin and Annmarie Gianni, hosts of The Renegade Health Show. Come learn how you can use the new ‘Superfoods” to create your optimum health. Super foods improve how your body works and make a positive difference on your genetic profile. They can prevent cancer, help your eyes, lower blood pressure, increase your energy, enhance your immune system, and help you live a longer more active life. What makes these true super foods different from nutritious whole foods is their high concentration of phytonutrients, health giving components found in plants that are neither vitamins nor minerals. Hosted by Michael Tryon. 25100 Vista Murrieta Rd., Murrieta, CA.

___________________________

Saturday, April 4th, 5:00 PM. Rialto, CA. Stopping Cravings in Their Tracks: A 5 Step Approach to Overcoming Binging and Emotional Eating with Kevin Gianni, host of The Renegade Health Show. Followed by a raw food vegan potluck. For more information visit the Inland Empire Raw Food Meetup/San Bernardino: http://www.meetup.com/rawfood-happy-health/calendar/10014006/ Location: Fellowship Hall at the Lutheran Church of the Cross, Rialto, CA; look for the Blue “Raw Food Meet Up” banner on the door. There is enough capacity for 60 people, restrooms, and a secure playground area if you wish to bring children.

1. Deena says:

WHERE DO WE GET FIESTA MOLE???

2. Pamala Seipp says:

Hey Guys,Just a little tip from Ani Phyo’s kitchen…De-vein your garlic, this means cutting the clove in half and removing any green root that has begun to sprout in the center.  Removing this sprout will give you a milder flavor and make the garlic easier to digest!  Also try Brigitte Mars Spanish Rice recipe…it rocks!  Love you guys!Pamala Seipp

3. Misty says:

I just have to say, you guys are AWESOME! I love watching the show and will continue to do so. I really enjoyed the interview with Dr. Gabriel Cousens and was inspired by both him and you and Annemarie. Keep up the good work and don’t let the naysayers get you down.

Bright Blessings!
    Misty

4. cathy says:

Hello Kev & Annmarie
    Keep your great show going we love it! Kev don’t worry what people gripe about. Someone will always have a insult but that don’t matter. You have a right to speak about anything. Your cool!
    My favorite beach is Kure Beach/Carolina beach in NC. The outer banks is beautiful but I have yet to make it their.
    Best to you both!

5. Susana says:

No haters! 😀
    You two ROCK!
    Keep on keepin’ on & keep on keepin’ it REAL!
    We’re ALL, all of us: INDIVIDUALS!
    It’s your UNIQUE set of skills and interests that attract ~
    There are more than enough “sheeple” ~ the idea’s to COUNTER that with THIS ~ and more~
    ONE SHOW AT A TIME!
    YEAH!
    RAWk on! 🙂
    The WORLD’S best mole is from Teloloapan, Guerrero, Mexico, just a few winding miles north of Acapulco! 🙂 YUMMERS with hand-ground cacao/cinnamon/chili peppers/freshly harvested local peanuts & more! You’ve _GOT_ to go there! The whole town’s ENVELOPED in a “cloud” of MOLE AROMA! 😀 LOVELY! 😀
    (My computer speaker’s bass unit is under the “foot hollow” of this desk, perched on a 5 KILO BUCKET from there! 🙂 YEAH! 🙂

6. brenda says:

Favorite beach in CA: Zuma in Malibu

7. DebB says:

Favorite beach? Wow — anywhere on the OR or WA coast, just sublime! The beaches on Puget Sound are great too because you get the tides, etc. – but not the blasting wind and pounding surf, so a completely different vibe.

As far as the negtive comments after Gabriel’s show – well, we can’t please all the people all the time. Keep doing exactly what and how you’re doing – I love it! All the banter, laughter, flubs, ETC – don’t change a thing okay?

Enjoy California! (Are you headed to WA State?)

Debbie *Ü*

8. You can talk about religion all you want, I will always listen to you guys. I have from the beginning and i’m not going to stop now. Keep on rawkin. Love you guys. Life is about balance and spirituality is a part of it.
    I have to say my favorite beach is Clearwater Beach, Florida since I lived there for 6 years.
    Keep up the good work, Ann Marie Huntington

9. Barbara says:

Kevin,

Do not stop the health show. I look forward to watching this show every day when I come home from work. I’ve been learning good stuff from you guys especially eating raw and making new dishes. Keep up the good work.

10. Ginny says:

Favorite beach–Trunk Bay, St. John, USVI

2nd favorite- Destin, Florida

Good looking recipe. I’ll just call it Mexican Slaw. Since I’m not 100% raw and don’t want to be, I occasionally eat brown rice or Forbidden rice. But I’m always looking for a new way to use cabbage. Thanks.

11. Steven King says:

Hi guys. My favorite California beach: (It’s been 30 years since I’ve been there so I can’t say if it’s as nice today) -driving north through Big Sur it’s about the first clearing that emerges into Monterey, a cove to the left called Monastery Beach (because up on the hill to the east is an old monastery that overlooks). I did a scuba dive there and it was amazing, lush kelp forest, lots of fish, sea lions, great visibility…
    Also, about “religion” on the show, go for it, I like your attitude. It’s like on a recent Oprah show she interviewed actor Riann Wilson who spoke about the Baha’i Faith (I too am a Baha’i), which is a religion that believes in one God and ALL the prophets of ALL religions, a religion truly for unity of all races, religious beliefs, elimination of prejudices and peace for all. (You can google up Baha’i writings to read, including those from Baha’u’llah, the Prophet).
    Don’t stay in the overpopulated parts of CA (ie most of CA) any longer than necessary, the traffic alone will drive you crazy, let alone all the cars, cement, and crowds.
    God bless,
    Steven King kingofguitar.com

12. dawn says:

i thought that the gabriel cousens interview was deliciously awesome and actually watched it thrice! keep doing this wonderful work, and people will get what they want from it, when they are ready. go with your intuition about what is good for the show. really, i think it just keeps getting better!!

13. Annette says:

I think that you guys are just perfect the way you are and I would be disappointed if you changed even a single thing!

14. Charles Long says:

Beach? I live in Colorado. What’s a beach?

15. Langer says:

re:favorite beach

AnnMarie- What?? Not Watch Hill,RI??!!!! miss you tons!!

16. Kim says:

Keep the show going…

Annmarie CRAVING? HUH? What kind of oil did you put on your face?
    topic suggestions…Beauty Tips from Annmarie
    (other than eating Raw)

favorite beach…toss up, Outer Banks, Emerald Isle, Clearwater, Jamaica, well? I guess at this moment just about any beach will do.
    Peace and Blessings
    Kim

17. Russ says:

You mentioned Walnut meat, How do you make that?
    My Favorite beach is always, whatever one I am on!

18. Bette says:

yum made me hungry
    Sannibel Island Florida
    Venice Beach Florida
    any beach is an awesome beach to me

19. Rosey Dow says:

I love Grande Anse Beach in Grenada, West Indies. Or any other beaches in Grenada. Clear water, gentle breezes and swaying palm trees. Awesome.

20. Dawn B says:

Mmm, so far to date my favorite beach is in Melbourne, Florida – esp. in October.

21. natalya says:

I like Coronado beach in San Diego.

22. bryan&wendy says:

happy healthy people laugh & have fun so forget your critics.i’m being polite!isn’t any beach an awesome beach.as far as the gabriel cousens thing or people not being happy w/ the spiritual commentary, we just have to love and accept those that aren’t quite there yet! we love you guys!!!

23. Elaina harman says:

I love laguna beach and maybe huntington beach has easier parking for you to bring the kale whale to. Hope to see you soon you are making your way to my territory. I think you should do exactly what you are driven to do and those with to sensitive ears will have to grin and bare it. huh?

24. Beach Bunny says:

Hey, it’s your show you can talk about whatever you want. Will you be cruising up 101 near Pismo Beach and San Luis Obispo? We have a great raw food restaurant at the Smiling Dog Cafe.

25. Caryl DeHerrera says:

Hi,
    Santa Cruz, CA.
    Has Loads of fun things to do…….:)
    Have Fun!!

26. Geri says:

Since I live on Maui, it would most definitely have to be any beach here!
    You guys are so funny! Another good episode! AnneMarie is just too cute! aloha, Geri

27. Geri says:

I forgot to ask this, I drink the juice of one fresh lemon in warm water every morning. My mom says it will thin my blood and says it has too much citric acid in it and I shouldn’t be doing that. Is this true? Should I stop? thanks, Geri

28. Betty says:

Wow….so I went back to the comments made about Gabriel’s speech… some people just don’t get it…and that’s okay!!!

The key is to have an open mind. There is no right, no wrong. Different people have different ways of doing things and different beliefs. But from what I got from the show, Gabriel was trying to push God into anyone’s lives…he was sharing his experience and advice.

As for those who thought that “letting go” meant neglecting responsibility and prancing down streets not giving a crap….that’s not what he meant. I believe Gabriel meant that when we have an intention… we must let go…meaning that in our mind we have to accept that it may happen or it may not…and either way is okay. Doing this relieves unnecessary suffering emotionally, mentally and physically. And you know what…better action follows from this. That’s what letting go means…its letting go of your internal struggle.

Anyways, Kevin and Ann, I know those comments won’t discourage you from continuing. You’ve gotten past the stage in your show where you simply talk about cacao, overall health is deeper than that and it affects you on all levels, including spiritually.

Love guys…keep on kickin 🙂

29. Betty says:

Edit**: I meant that Gabriel WAS NOT trying to push God into anyone’s head. 🙂

30. Denise Wagner says:

I live in West Texas so no sunny beaches for me. And as for the Gabriel Cousens comments….don’t change a thing! I love your show as it is! I love the humor and the tons of information! I can’t wait to watch your show every day! Love yall! Ha Ha! I said yall!!!

31. Zen says:

Where’s your kitty kat?

32. jen says:

forget the critics! some people are so touchy! i loved that interview with dr c.
    my favourtie beach is one my husband and i found in costa rica. we went on a hike through the jungle for a few hours. heard sounds of waves in the distance, followed the sounds and came across paradise!

just like you said, it was covered in hermit crabs, ect, ect.

noni fruit was dropping from the trees, flower peddles scattered throughout the white sand. the water was warm.

oh wow.

you guys rock! love the show!!

33. Dustin Smerek says:

Hey Kevin thanks for another great show. I would have to say the best beach I have been to so far has to be Playa del Carmen, Mexico. I had such a great time.

Regarding the recent negative feedback, I urge you to keep your show just the way it is. You know the way you want to be: entertaining, fun, lively, and inspiring. You are doing great things and providing great information. Keep it up! I’ll end with a quote relevant to this topic.

“I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.”
    – Bill Cosby

Thanks again Kev

34. Carol B says:

There is a beach here in Nor Cal that you can camp at if you going up the coast in Sonoma county, it’s Doran Park. You get to park REALLY close. See you soon.

35. Jo says:

My favorite beach? Virginia Beach. I loved it so much, I moved here in 91. I live 5 minutes away from it so I can go any time. It’s also near the A. R. E. so I get to mix two of my favorite things – the beach and inner knowing. 😀

I loved your show today. Pretty funny, down-to-Earth and informational. Keep up the excellent work (and the great recipes)!

36. My first choice is not really a beach but more like a narrow landing at the base of the cliff under the Lighthouse at Point Fermon in San Pedro, California. My second choice is Avalon Harbor on Catalina Islnd. Very nice places for swimming and scuba diving (but watch out for the Western boudry of the wildlife sanctuary in Avalon Harbor – don’t pick up any shells, pretty rocks of wildlife in the sanctuary or the wordens will yell at you)… Bill

37. Madia says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie! My favorite beach would have to be Ponce Inlet in Florida. It’s where my husband, Jesse and I got married. :o) Love your show and please feel free to always speak your mind. It’s what makes your show special! Much love and safe travels! Madia

38. Stephanie Tisone says:

Hey Guys!
    im visiting san diego as well, im in mission bay staying right near the beach
    staying at the bahia hotel with my dad
    im also a fellow east coaster!
    however been living on kauai at noniland
    just visiting my family here for a bit on the mainland and traveling
    im here till friday lets get together!!
    im friends with frankie giglio and asked him for your info to connect
    still havent heard back
    hopefully we can meet up
    im also a friend of matt monarch ill email him for a way to connect as well
    hopefully we can hang out!
    anyway enjoy your time here
    Steph

39. Bonnie says:

Long Beach Washington! No problem parking the kale whale on beach. 1930s era beach town, summer kite festival, and great wood carvings around town.

or . . . The State Park at Cape Dissappointment WA (name does not do it justice), has a great “Waikiki” beach for swimming. Only the hardy allowed as this is cold WA Pacific ocean. Lots of deer at dusk. For local entertainment, the coast guard also does training around this area, pretty cool stuff.

40. Donna V. says:

Fave beaches = Siesta Beach/Siesta Key Florida for lounging and swimming, Kahaluu Beach Park, Big Island Hawaii for snorkeling, Pacific NW for writing and reflection. 🙂

Following up on Dr. Cousins- bear in mind that most of your feedback was positive. The few who get grumpy at the mention of God, or who are so rigid in their thinking that they miss the point, are simply in a different place in their own development. Gotta just let them be and keep moving. 🙂

41. Ivette Cervantes says:

Now that you’re near the beach, I was wondering waht kind of suncreme you use? Is coco oil good? I saw you used it also as a hairstyling.

From Holland

42. sanjula says:

Kevin, as you said on one of your shows a while ago – Food isn’t everything. Aiming at a holistic approach of Health, Spirituality is definitely a part of it too.
    following what you feel is right to do will attract those folks that are looking for exactly that and others will fall of – everything is perfect!!! 🙂

I wish I could get some of the stuff coming up in your show like this Fiesta Mole (mhhh) or laughing giraffe stuff etc.
    here in Germany… it is just to expensive (not only postage but also customs!!) to have it shipped grrrr
    Blessings
    Sanjula

43. deb says:

My favorite beach? The one I’m on! And that includes anything from Lanai in HI to a pull out along the Colorado River. Yes, even VB is beautiful. I lived there for years and truly loved the north end. I love the sun shining on my belly and sand squishing between my toes.
    Enjoy your trip up the coast. It’s one of our national treasures.

44. Jackie says:

The Renegade Healthshow wouldn’t be the same if Kevin didn’t speak and make jokes in the background.
    Greeting from Belgium
    Jackie

45. Heather Hemphill says:

I would love to try the Fiesta Mole. But I was searching the internet and can not seem to find it in Canada.
    About the detractors. We live our lives for ourselves. Do what makes you happy and you will be fulfilling your purpose. What ever you do, don’t take anything detractors say personally. It is their stuff don’t make it yours.
    Favorite Beach Mara Lake B.C. Canada.
    Have a great day and continue to have fun.
    🙂 Heather

46. victore says:

Southern shore of Maui. Not crowded, gorgeous sunsets. Paradise. Tough to get your RV there though.

Kevin, flavor of onions has a lot to do with the soil their grown in. If you ever make it over to Georgia, try Vidalia onions. Vidalia Georgia’s unique soil makes them very sweet. I don’t care for onions but these I will eat!

47. Eranah says:

Hey Renegades!

My favorite beaches (so far) are in St. Thomas USVI (where I live currently please come and do renegade health show here!!!) is Coki Beach and Linquist Beach. The water is beautifully clear.

Also my husband and I use acronyms so thats something you all might want to try. For example, GST = Go to Sleep Time

And last Please don’t stop the show, be yourselves, you guys are great and its awesome that you are exploring ultimate health solutions and sharing it, I gain so much inspiration from you guys and raw food world show too!! I think its really cool that you all are making a living doing what you love as well, so keep being true to yourselves and helping people and let the naysayers be, they are always there no matter what you do so ignore them, you can’t please everyone. I thought the clip on Gabrieal Cousens was very interesting and I actually thought it was too short. WSM= I want some more!!! I just made that up just now :LOL!!

peace,
    Eranah

48. CINDY says:

favorite beach carpentia beach -very nice and only 15 minutes from santa barbara, ca maybe on the way up from san diego you can stop at a restaurant called 118 degrees ….i heard it was good its in costa mesa,ca

49. Susan Fenwick says:

First to address the spiritual comments . . . I’ve never quite understood why some people and/or religions are so turned off by other’s beliefs or perspectives. You never know when you might hear something that does resonate with you and opens you to new things or at least discussions that broaden our views. It doesn’t have to change who you are or what you believe. On the flip side it’s also ok to be where you are. Acceptance of others and their differences would make our world a more peaceful place to live – but then again that’s my perspective and I won’t force it on anyone else.

Now for the beach question . . . the Florida panhandle more commonly known as the Emerald Coast is my favorite. White sandy beaches that are so fine it’s compared to sugar. There’s been a fair amount of development on certain parts of the panhandle so the key is finding the right spot. If you’re in the area be sure to check it out.

Peace,
    Susan

50. Elizabeth says:

I am really interested in this talk: Stopping Cravings in Their Tracks: A 5 Step Approach to Overcoming Binging and Emotional Eating. Do you have any resources for or previous shows on this issue? It seems to be my main stumbling block.
    I no longer live in that area, but I second the Doran beach recommendation. Another favorite was at Olympic National park in WA, but I can’t remember which one.
    And, my very favorite was an absolute secret along the coast of Maine. It was published in Yankee Magazine last year and became very crowded. So, I am sorry to say that I cannot tell you its name!

51. Bridey says:

Yummy! I love Mexican Food!!!! I liked the Gabe Cousins interview. I also LOVE this show, all your talkin and all. I’ve only been to two beaches. In the gulf coast and somewhere in Wales. Both have good memories, although I’d have to say the one in Wales was more exciting! =)

52. Gail says:

What you have to remember that you cant please everybody and their opinion isnt what everybody else thinks, so keep doing what youre doing in covering a lot of varied topics.

Thanks Guys

53. Mellos says:

We love your show. Life is truly a blessed amazing journey and sooner or later, spirituality ends up having a place! Thank you so much for all that you’re doing. The world is the best place ever … one show at a time!

Favourite beach … Justy’s is Mokau beach, on the border of Taranaki, New Zealand.

54. This sounds delish. I will make this recipe, thanks for sharing it. 🙂

55. Deena says:

Ilive in Israel.My two favorite beaches are in Ashkelon and Herzaliyah.Come and visit them.

56. Nadia says:

Fav Beach; I lived and travelled in Asia for almost 12 years and spent time on several beaches. One of my favourite places was Kudle Beach in India – simply amazing!!

I think it is great that even people that don’t agree with everything on this show still feel they can post their views. Let’s not scare them away, their input is important too.

Keep up the great work, I am so proud of both of you!

57. Connie says:

Ginny, if you see this–your contact e-mail doesn’t work, and I so want to chat with you! Please fix it!!!

Connie

58. Linda says:

The ‘rice’ looks delicious. I have everything except the mole…..but I will still give it a go. About the comments on Dr. Cousens…..thank you for standing in your own truth. To hide information or to refuse to consider alternatives to what we have been so ardently programmed to think because others may not like us anymore, or because they may ‘judge’ us harshly is what sets the stage for all types of control issues that work to our detriment. Without options people perish. Without knowledge we are at the whims of others. At least you’ve stirred the pot that’s how one gets the flavor consistent throughout. Don’t second guess yourself just keep on rawkin’ . Luv ya, Linda

59. linda says:

PENSACOLA BEACH,FLORIDA and the sugar white sand.

and you thought your condo kitchen was small………
    you adapt well and we appreciate you still uncooking
    on wednesdays..

60. Dustin Callahan says:

Awesome show! Love the humor. Don’t change a thing. Different perspectives are what it’s all about. Isn’t that one of the biggest reasons for going on the cross country tour? In order to provide a variety of perspectives. Glad to see you’re in Socal again 🙂

61. Jeneane says:

For those of you that choose to criticize and say that you would no longer watch/listen (you still are), shame on you. You owe Kevin and Ann Marie and apology. If we were all the same, and had tunnel vision, it would be so boring.
    I’m with a few other people, after being in the cold and snow, any beach would be welcoming. I plan on visiting some of the beaches mentioned.
    Thank you for all you do!

62. John says:

I didn’t really care for all of the Gabriel Cousens interview either, not being religious or spiritual myself, but I was still able to get something out of it and it definitely won’t stop me from continuing to watch your show. 🙂 You can’t please everyone all the time I’m sure you know.

I love all beaches but the cleaner the better! I really enjoyed one I went to on Grand Bahama Island but unfortunately I don’t know the name of the beach.

63. Joseph says:

Yes you should continue the show.
    It is the first vid blog I am addicted to.

My favorite beach since I am from the east coast
    would have to say I enjoy the beaches along the Chesapeake Bay

If I am traveling I would love to live in Tahiti

64. Ron says:

Hi Y’all,

On parking the Kale whale. Sinc it is large you can buy a pair of cheap motorola walkie talkies an hav one of you out side the “home away from home” talking the driver into the space! They save a lot of time and stress… Just a thought.

It’s especially handy if your late getting to the camp site and it’s dark.

65. Connie says:

Hey, Heather Hemphill, my Dad lives just above Mara Beach!!! Beautiful country…

66. Diana says:

Just got around to hearing the Gabriel Cousens interview. I thought it was great.ITS SO AWESOME TO SEE YOU GROW KEVIN, NEVER STOP!!!!Like Betty said, overall health is deeper than just healthy foods. You are not the same person who started Renegade Health promoting just food and exercise. In your search for the best, you have found other elements that are just as important. I can’t wait to see what awakens in you next.

Oh, my favorite beach is Sannibel, great shells.

67. Lois Kubota says:

Pebble Beach! And I loved the Gabriel Cousins show.

68. Nanette says:

I’m a Great Lakes kinda girl, grew up in Wisconsin, lived in Michigan, Ohio, now Illinois, sooo give me the fresh water shores of Lake Michigan on a hot August day – nirvana!

Fiesta Mole in soup, in salad, on avocados and tomatoes, it’s my favorite late afternoon dinner – yummers! It’s been a huge help for me in eliminating those late afternoon and evening cravings and helping stay on a healthy raw path.

Hugs, smooches and big THANKS for the new recipe!

Nanette

69. christine says:

i do the rice thing with cauliflower or celery root instead of cabbage.

70. martha says:

I love where I live at atlantic beach nc considered the crystal coast. it is a quiet beach, not very developed and nature abounds. also the county has alot of water; rivers, streams, bogue sound. you can always see activity. sometimes you get lucky on the beach and can see the dolphins playing…the birds are always active as well. you should come….greenville, nc – ecu fans – just got voted on the best place to live by forbes it is only 90 minutes away. though the area here is not very raw, there is a movement interested in buying local produce. there is a very limited health food store here. thank you for all the website intro’s to great places to get products. m

71. Sheri B says:

I love how you two interact with one another. It makes the show more enjoyable.
    I’m not really a beach kinda girl. Mainly because if it’s over 65 degrees I’m miserable. I like the country, with plenty of trees and maybe a mountain.
    I am a vegan and my goal is to be 75-80% raw by August ’09.
    I am definitely going to try the mexican cabbage/rice this week.
    Keep the recipes coming, I really appreciate it.

72. nancy sirianni says:

Fav beach is the one at Hanuma Bay on Oahu, Hawaii. There’s a bunch of coral and tons of colorful fish….you only have to go up to your ankles to see them and waist high to swim over the coral reefs. The bay is made from an old volcano. Fun!!

73. Destiny says:

Favorite beach: Megan’s Bay, St. Thomas!!!

74. I know I’m late reading this…but I just discovered you. I live on the Outer Banks of NC…best beaches in the continental US…if you and Annmarie are ever here, I hope you will shoot me an email!