A Raw Food Dessert from Ani Phyo – The Renegade Health Show Episode #262

Wednesday Mar 11 | BY |

Oh man…

If you like raw food desserts, you’ll have to check out this strawberry parfait!

We’ve been doing shows from different kitchens lately and Suzanne (our team member and host for the last few days) has a great one. 🙂

Your question of the day: What are you noticing this spring?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

If you want to find out more about Ani Phyo click here!

Ani Phyo’s Strawberry Parfait

Topping:
1/2 cup sliced strawberries

Strawberry Syrup:
1 cup strawberries
1/4 c agave syrup

Kream:
1 cup cashews
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil, liquid
1/4 cup filtered water, as needed

Garnish:
Mint

To make your syrup, place strawberries and agave in your blender, and pulse to mix. Set aside.

To make your kream, place cashews, vanilla, and Nutiva Coconut Oil in your blender. Add water, only as needed, to blend into a smooth pudding texture.

To assemble, place kream in 2 glasses. Top with sliced strawberries. Drizzle on your syrup, and garnish with a sprig of mint.

1. Sean wagner says:

I loved J-five at the Beginning ! Im definatly going to make that parfait, Yummy. Thanks

2. natalya says:

We have right now peaches and citrus blossoms here in OC, CA

3. Charles Long says:

It’s too early in the year to notice anything. It’s still wintery cold here.

4. Bonnie says:

Nothing!! I live in Anchorage, Alaska. I cannot wait for our spring to come, which comes around may.

5. Bette says:

Birds glorious birds singing.Not seen much blossoming in CT..haha.
    Funny show.I noticed starbux logo right away..funny.
    Love Jonny 5 waving.We need to see him more..hooray meeeeoooooooooowwwwww

6. Kendra says:

Thanks! That looks super yummy!!!! I loved your chat with Ani Phyo, too!
    (BTW, I love my Blendtec!!!)

7. Katie says:

How do I know it’s spring? The little cardinal is back outside, staring at my cats through the window. Weird I know, but I know good weather is near!

8. karen says:

You guys are rawsome and meeting you both in Pittzburgh I must say your even nicer in person!
    Happy Healthy trails to you both.
    Thank you both for your dedication and inspiration in supporting a healthy day!

9. John says:

I can’t believe you’re bashing the Blendtec; I love mine! It’s more powerful, less expensive (by $100 or so), and 5 inches shorter than (yet the same volume as) the Vita-Mix. I’ve had mine for 5 months now and used it nearly 300 times (it gives me a count) and it works great for everything I’ve thrown at it – juices, smoothies, soups, dips, desserts, ice, iphones, etc. I would love to see you do a true comparison of the two blenders side by side and then pick your favorite. I have a friend with the Vita-Mix and we’ve been talking about doing that ourselves, may have to make a video.

OK enough about blenders, sorry. What have I noticed about Spring? It’s not here yet! I live in Iowa and it was about 20° F today with wind chills around 0° F! I’m looking forward to it though; I hope it gets here soon!

10. Jia says:

Hold on you guys. I love the Blend Tec and I am a professional chef. I have had one since they first came out about 8 or so years ago. You just have to give them a chance. Shanti Cousens likes Blend Tec too. Ask her about it when you are at The Tree. In Vibrant Health… Jia

11. Heather Rose Ritter says:

Nothing blossoming in Michigan’s spring except snow lol…..I really enjoy your videos, if i wasnt a college student id probably make more of the food you guys show….but unfortunatly raw food is expensive and college kids are poor.lol.

12. Sara says:

I don’t know if I am very bad tempered today (I probaly am, because I am really irritated now!), but Kevin, really, could you perhaps let Ann-Marie do the kitchen shows herself? It would be so much nicer to dive into the food, without having you distroying it by giggeling astray on other subjects all the time!
    And really – why do you start bashing Blentec, instead of just recognizing you’r not familiar with it!?

13. Sara says:

And after posting that I just read my daily quote from Abraham-Hicks:
    “Your Inner Being likes to skip and laugh and think about things; your Inner Being likes to offer compliments and feel appreciation and contemplate something that is not fully understood and then feel the understanding
    come forth. ”

So… i guess I should add that I do watch your shows… they are often interesting and I have learned a lot from you guys… 😉

14. marijana pontoni says:

I notice change in light and birds singing more loudly! Everything is somehow happier. And that great shade of green on plants – amazing!!!

And, about Blendtec, I have it since in Vita mix does not have international model and I live in Croatia so Blendtec was the way to go. It is a great machine. One thing that you can do with Blendtec and not with Vita mix, you can put in process something to blend, let it work and use your hands to prepare something else. Really handy. I love preprograming and it just takes some time to adjust yourself (3,5 recipes LOL).

But, I think that the bottom line is, the best blender is that one which you know how to use.

Greeting from springy Croatia

15. Rene Oswald says:

Our mulberries are now ripe and delicious! We have also been enjoying ripe bananas, right off the tree, and tomatoes, lemons, oranges, herbs and lots of greens, go to our website at http://www.reneoswald.com if you want to see a slide show of our “Backyard Jungle!” (click on the “Free Videos” tab on the left and scroll down to #44) We’re blessed to live in Florida, come visit us anytime!

16. sharon in Sugar Land says:

Here in Sugar Land, I have fig leaves. Maybe a bit too big for the parfait, but it would certainly have worked to cover up “David” on the apron. lol See you in San Antonio!

17. Carl says:

I have a blend tec ($399) and I have a vita mix ($399)
    NO comparison.
    Vita mix is far—– superior
    Any body want a good barely used blend tec
    ($200)shipped

18. jasper says:

We noticed… the mallard ducks have paired off, sunshine, rosie cheeks, and purple crocus popping up in yards.

“Oh! I just love daffodils!” (They are blooming all over the hill.)
    “Oh! I just love pterodactyls!” (my 5 yr old grandson responded), “what’s a daffodil?”

19. Jodi says:

Just wanted to let you know that, as I watch your show, I am sitting here eating lunch with a cesar salad dressing made with cashews, lemon, garlic almond milk, and nutitional yeast…..Made with a blend-tec (btw)….We bought a blend-tec because the Vita-mix is a monster that won’t fit under the kitchen cabinets. I quite like it.

Now I will go try the dessert with my blend-tec!LOL

20. Jo Mama says:

less bees this spring in south florida which makes growing tropical fruits much more difficult

21. Betty says:

Kevin.
    I know you’re not a doctor but I would really appreciate and love some suggestions.

My 98yr old grandmother just fell, and is going for emergency surgery for her hip. And that means at elast a month in a hospital and doing therapy. And lord knows we’re not feeding her hospital food. She’s a healthy, optimistic and happy person who up to know lived off no medications of any kind…just natural supplements. When she was 85 she broke her other hip and recovered well. Up until know she walked fine with a cane and was pretty self sufficient.

Any suggestions on foods, supplements, juices and drinks to help her recovery, aside from lots of love….cause she’ll be getting that 🙂

Thanks!!!

22. Marie says:

Lots in bloom here…pear, peach, & plum trees. Plus I saw a ton of bluebonnets blooming in my neighbors front yard. Yesterday and today have been cold (32 deg. yesterday) so we will see what blooms are left in a day or two. Kind of the way it goes here in west/central Texas…really warm and then somewhat cold.

23. I’ve been waiting for spring to roll around to get outdoors and start foraging for delicious wild edibles for salads and green smothies. The wife and I have alot of black stem mint growing around the house and we drink gallons of the stuf during the hotter parts of the summer. That’s one of our favorites that brings a cool and refreshing taste to ones pallette. All sorts of wild garlic comming up now, but I really havent had a chance to get out long enough to take stock of what may be out there. Anyway, lots to look forward to.

24. Betty: I just read your post about your grandmother. Altough I am not a practitioner persay I have studied herbs and alternative methods of healing for a number of years. Comfrey is a good herb to start with in both as a tea and warm compress. It is high in naturall occuring calcium. Also raw foods such as celery, bokchoy, cucumbers, zuchini, are good for nutrition that targets the bones.
    Wild comfrey was brought to America by English immigrants for medicinal uses. The allantoin content of comfrey, especially in the root, has resulted in its use in folk medicine for healing wounds, sores, burns, swollen tissue, and broken bones. Allantoin, found in milk of nursing mothers and the fetal allantois, appeared to affect the rate of cell multiplication. Wounds and burns seemed to heal faster when allantoin was applied due to a possible increase in number of white blood cells. Comfrey has been reported to promote healthy skin with its mucilage content that moisturizes and soothes, while the allantoin promotes cell proliferation.

The allantoin applied to external wounds is either a 0.4% solution or a 2% ointment. An effective allantoin formulation is difficult to prepare from comfrey due to the low and variable content of this substance. Hart (1976) reported that dried comfrey leaves contain 0.1 to 1.6% allantoin while dried roots have 0.4 to 1.5%. Since fresh leaves are 85% water, they could not contain more than 0.2% allantoin. It would require anywhere from 8 oz to 8 lb of dried comfrey leaves per quart of water to produce a 0.4% solution that would be effective.

Hope this helps

25. del says:

I saw Skunk Cabbage blooming in the wetland swamps. A sign that spring is coming to Connecticut. YIPPY.

26. Gail says:

Love my blendtec but you have to know how to use it, both blenders are good its what youre familiar with that makes the difference.

27. Barbara says:

I love my Blendtec. Great show. I would buy the $200 Blentec. my email is fb_barbaraw@comcast.net.

28. Esther says:

The really cool part about living in Hungary is that it comes much earlier than in New England! The weather has been much warmer, I hear birds constantly, there’s no snow, and the air/ground smells like spring! (Can you tell I’m excited?…)

29. Carole says:

I’ve been trying to make this since I saw it, but my teenage son keeps scarfing down the organic strawberries before I get it put together (and the raspberries!). At least he’s getting something to help digest the school lunches he insists on, bleech!

Which brings me to an idea for a show. Surely there’s some school out there somewhere that has an excellent nutrition program. Anyone? They’re so awful, generally, and I can’t believe that the kids wouldn’t eat better if presented with decent alternatives. If you build it they will come, in other words. Yes they’ll complain and be hungry for a few days. But then they’ll eat. It happens at home and it will happen at school too.

A show from such a school could set off all kinds of thinking-action.

30. Carole says:

Also, you know guys, blenders don’t have feelings! Kevin and Ann Marie are delivering their opinion about the machines, exactly what they promised they would do. And I’m glad.

31. Cheryl says:

Yikes….
    can we actually listen without the guy Kevin constantly constantly constantly talking….it’s very disruptive and annoying listening to his empty stilliness.
    Don’t be such an attention seeker!!

32. Amanda says:

I can’t wait to try this recipie! It looks so yummy! I love every show I have seen so far! Keep up the great work!

What I have been noticing is all of the ice in the morning and water puddles in the afternoon (although there is still lots of snow)…it is nice to see that things are starting to warm up 🙂