Raw Food Cauliflower Soup with Heather – The Renegade Health Show Episode #257

Wednesday Mar 4 | BY |

We’re in the Kale Whale command center here in Anaheim, CA…

Heather, our amazing team member, is here with us to help gear up for the Expo West. It’s going to be a lot of fun!

Please, if you’re out here, come to the Expo West and meet up with us 🙂

(Or maybe we’ll see you at Au Lac!)

Anyway, we first met her when she was working with our local organic food store. She would always prepare these awesome raw soups and meals in the deli and then pass them along to us to try.

Today, she shares one of her favorites…

Your question of the day: What can you garish this soup with?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Today is the last day of the Bon Voyage Sale! Click here to get up to 50% off all our products!

1. Elaine says:

Looks wonderful! I just have to happen to have a head of cauliflower in my frig. I’m going to garnish mine with diced red pepper and a couple sprinkles of pine nut cheez.
    Keep up the great work. I really enjoy your show.
    Gratefully,
    Elaine

2. This looks YUMMY.. I look forward to trying this in the next few days.. Thank you Heather .. Blessings, Marina

3. Rhonda says:

Hi guys,

Lovely raw cauliflower soup. I would probably garnish it with some raw pine nuts and a little Braggs soy sauce. I tried making the energy soup that Angela made in Mexico and for whatever reason, mine did not turn out edible.
    So I am hopeful this one will turn out. Sometimes when we don’t have all the ingredients or measurements, we are not sure how it is suppose to taste.

I am shooting to be at the Expo this weekend, so I will look for you guys there. It would be nice to meet in person opposed to our chats on line.

Take care,

Rhonda

4. heide says:

the soup looks great, can’t wait to try it

and the comparisons you were describing are called ANALOGIES – cauliflower:pepper::kevin:ann marie
    (she’s what spices you up!)

5. Carolyn says:

Looks delicious ….
    didnt catch the green leaves she used …kale & what??? is there a recipe for this somewhere …?? so Ican give it a whirl ! 🙂
    a garnish could be sunflower seeds and grated carrot, freshly ground pepper
    cheers Carolyn

6. David says:

Just a big of Cinnamon … same for the top of a green smoothie.

Thanks for a great show as always.
    David.

7. cathy says:

Hello
    The soup looks great. I would maybe try some mixed spices like oregano or cumin, paprika etc. What about some green onions?
    Peace!

8. Ariane says:

Hi lovely Ann-Mary and Kevin.
    I can feel your good vibe through the computer! You look really in love!

We don’t have a lot of time nowadays to watch all the e-mails we receive.
    So when I decide to watch you guys, I expect to look at something clear.
    Like for the cauliflower soup, your friend did’nt mention a couple ingredients, that is a bit frustrating for me.
    I understand the big fun you are all in but could it be possible for you to focus a little more on having everything right please?
    blessings bunches,,
    Ariane x x x

9. Esther says:

Swirl in some raw “sour cream”. Blend about 1/2 cup macadamia or pine nuts with some water until a creamy texture is reached. Stir in the contents of one probiotic capsule and partially cover. Place in a warm place(I put mine on top for the fridge), for a few days, stirring once or twice a day, until it tastes tart like sour cream. Yum, yum!!

Esther

10. Nessa says:

Raw macadamia or sunflower sour cream and finely diced chives or parsley with a little sprinkle of cayenne pepper.I have some other idea’s but I won’t give all my secrets away. I’ll wait for another show…LOL

My hubby and I both love raw soups and this will be a great addition to some of my faves.

Thankyou for another great recipe.

Nessa

11. Bella says:

Toppings/Garnishing Options for the Raw Cauliflower Soup

Some chopped cauliflower
    Parsley or Cilantro
    Red Pepper Flakes
    Cashews ore Pistachios (sp?)
    Nutritional Yeast
    Sprinkle on some of that Chopped Salad
    A bit of Cumin, swirled
    Shaved/Spiroolied Carrots
    dehydrated Onion

Those are a few 😀 ideas.

Best wishes,

12. Bella says:

Oh yeah….one more idea.
    chopped green onions.

13. Katie says:

I like topping everything off with cilantro! =)

14. Heather says:

The soup looks good

Do you think you can add the recipe of it online?

15. Julie Baranski says:

Hello Kevin and Ann-Marie!

I think a nice garnish for the cauliflower would be finely diced yellow, orange and red peppers for a nice spectrum of color.

I also wanted to say I’ve been watching your videos for 2 – 3 months now and I really enjoy watching you guys! In the your Kale Whale travels are you by any chance coming by Vancouver, BC, Canada?

16. This comes at a perfect time! My organic farmer just sent me some huge heads of cauliflower. I would top it with some shredded carrot and tiny pieces of avocado.

Chana Rachel

17. Rawdawg Rory says:

Heather you rock! Your soup at the send-off potluck was amazing and that one you whipped up in the video looks great! If I were to add a topping I’d probly sprinkle on a lil’ bit of green onion slices. Rock on guys!~ Rory :0)

18. Grace says:

Love watching your videos. You guys to a fantastic job. A written recipe would be helpful. For instance, what were the greens Heather put in the blender first, before she started naming ingredients. Didn’t look like kale or chard. Looked more like romaine heart? And I guess she sometimes adds 1/2 a cucumber? Saw her cut it, but didn’t see her use it. After all, we want to be able to recreate these recipes. Sure, we can be creative, but sometimes we just want the ingredient list. ‘Cause it LOOKS DELICIOUS!

19. Carole says:

Back to the Dr. Bisci Therapeutic Enzymes, I notice in the ingredient list on one site that offers them that they contain soy sprouts. Aren’t we supposed to avoid soy, especially women? Or is that a form that is considered okay?

20. Dr Rona says:

hi guys! welcome to ca. i hope the sun is shining for you today! (it is up here in ventura)

i think a nice veggie garnish for that yummy looking soup could be some shaved daikon and carrots (for color)
    ~could add also some scallions or mmm shallots for more color and a bit of a kick (shallots sound yummier )

or like someone else mentioned some sour-nut cream

some walnut pieces

some red salsa (since people like to SAY salsa!–do u remember that seinfeld episode?) but really some salsa and some chips u dig or flax crackers

kev will like this one
    sprinkle on some KALE CHIPS!!! (that’d be good!!!)

or again, to alter flav and cheese it up if u like some nut. yeast.

ok that’s all for now.

i’m going to look into coming down this weekend but not sure i can do it.
    either way, have a wonderful time
    and sometime…we’ll have to meet! (esp. since me and ann marie are from JERSEY!)

hugs and love to u all there,
    have fun,
    dr rona 🙂

21. Laura says:

How about a cashew “sour cream” and some chives. Yum!

Are you guys going to the Raw Food Fest in Washington DC? It’s the last week in August there this year. Yay. They’re bringin’ it to the east coast!

22. marius says:

Nice soup!
    I love soup – easy to make, refreshing and delicious!

For garnish I think Bella mentioned some nice options.

I also like to sprinkle some spirulina and chili powder on top of my soups to add some sweet, tangy and spicy quality to it.

Cheers

23. Amy says:

Would love to make this but Heather threw everything in so fast I don’t know what all is in it. Usually you have alist of ingredients at the bottom – but not with this video. Could you please list the ingredients!

Thanks

I am new to raw foods and I really do look forward to your wednedsday. Have tried many of your recipes and it is helping me to stay on my goal. So far I like everything I have tried from you Wed. shows.

24. Wendi Dee says:

Ooh! It sounds so yummy! Heather is so cute, too. Thanks for the recipe, Healther!

I’m still on my cauliflower kick and created something yummy earlier this week. You might like it, Kevin–it has a bit of a spicy bite to it and it’s so YUMMY! Check it out if you are still in the cauliflower mood (I shared it on my blog). 🙂

I’d love to have an assistant with us when we head across the country–especially if she prepares food, too!

Lots of love to all of you!

Wendi
    XOXOXO

25. Margit says:

hi Kevin and AnnMarie
    i watch your show faithfuly every day and enjoy reading and hearing all your good advise. Lately, for the last 3 days I can’t view them nor hear your comments. What can I do to get you back??? I miss you guys!

26. Patricia J Allen says:

How about a printed recipe for this cauliflower sour? Thanks!

27. Joseph says:

You guys forgot to post the recipe.
    This is going to be my lunch next week.
    Always making this awesome raw food I can eat for a few days.
    Thanks

28. Mary says:

The Cauliflower Soup sounds terrific, but don’t toss that avocado seed. Remove it from the avocado by hacking into it with the knife, give it a twist to remove it, then with knife still in the seed, gently slice it in two, then into 4 pieces and add it to the Vitamix. It has a fairly bland taste and adds lots of soluble fiber. If one seed is too much, use only half and freeze the other for another day.

29. Geri says:

how about cilantro? I love cilantro. That was so cute what you said about AnnMaries’ arms!

30. Patty says:

my best guess:

1/3 head cauliflower
    2 chard leaves
    2 kale leaves
    4-5 tsp. sunflower seeds (preferably slightly sprouted)
    3 stalks celery
    ½ avocado
    ½ lemon (peeled)
    1 Tbs. olive oil
    ½ tsp salt
    ½ tsp pepper
    1½ cup water

Blend in VitaMix till smooth, and top with diced pepper and tomato

31. Dorothy says:

One more thing to add to the list… 1/2 cucumber. Wouldn’t it be pretty with some flowers? Great job everybody!!!

32. Bob says:

Please include a recipe! I don’t have time to watch this twice and write down the ingredients. Thanks!

33. Hi Kevin & Annmarie,

I’m wondering how some freshly grated nutmeg would taste as a garnish for this raw soup… I’m going to try it!

Jennie