Raw Food Recipe for Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes – The Renegade Health Show Episode #252

Wednesday Feb 25 | BY |

In Kansas right now and still trying to figure out what our schedule is and how to manage it…

Our team is amazing and have been doing a great job organizing this and I have to learn to listen to them when they tell me that I’m taking on too much! LOL! (Sorry guys!)

Anyway, today we have an “In the Kitchen” raw food recipe for cauliflower mashed potatoes inspired by Wendi Dee!

Take a watch…

Your question of the day: What can we do to take care of (save!) these plants?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave a comment now!

BTW: I want to thank Wendi, Jim, KDcat and Julia for being amazing hosts and friends 🙂

You can visit their site at www.PureJeevan.com

Raw Food Recipe Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes

1 head of Cauliflower
1 clover garlic
1 TBSP Fresh Dill
1/3 cup EVOO
sea salt to taste

1. Bette says:

Plants…sad.I had plants kick the plantbucket too because of the cold.They are tropical and my big ol apartment was less than tropical this winter. I dont know how to revive cold plants.
    But I liked the show today.The mashed taters looked yummy.I loved the cows.Make sure you do that if you can..show us out the window.
    I know its all flat out there until you get farther west.Funny.
    Have fun.See you tommorow.

2. Adam says:

I loved the show. I’ll be trying this out for sure!

Quick unrelated question, what are some good foods to get calcium from? I eat almonds which seem to have a decent amount but I was just wondering what you guys eat for calcium.

3. Dr Rona says:

oops u left the nuts or seeds or butter out of the recipe…did u mean to? or ?
    looks good. and i just happen to have some cauli here 🙂

i don’t have suggestions other than to talk to the plants, tell them you’re sorry you left them in the cold and let them get frosty.
    they’ll respond.

also, i’d really love to see some footage of jonny5 watching the cows!!!
    ok?
    thanks!
    dr rona 🙂

4. Linda Holloway says:

You two are so brave to just go off into the wild blue yonder. You undoubtedly will have an exciting journey, and so will Johnny5 I’m sure.
    If you make it to Fort Collins, CO, please let me know!

5. barbara says:

The recipe looks wonderful – thanks! I might try it out this weekend. Sorry, I don’t know much about how to save your plants, but the blanket idea sounds good.
    I’m loving your trip so far. The pasture with the cows looks so peaceful. Enjoy!

6. Betty says:

You forgot the nut butter in your ingredient list! 🙂 Heads up

7. Robin says:

Thanks for the recipe – I can’t wait to try it!

About your plants . . . I’m really sorry to tell you this, but once they get frozen (or past their cold tolerance level) it destroys their cell structure. They cannot be saved. 🙁 (Think of a strawberry that is frozen, then thawed – it loses cell integrity.)

If you want to keep plants with you in your RV, may I suggest replacing the dead/dying ones with pothos? They can be hung from the ceiling if you like, but they don’t need to be. (Some plants are more sensitive to vibration as it is very unnatural for them, so you might have more success with hanging plants.) And pothos not only is great for cleaning the air, but is very hardy and tolerant of temperature extremes, and can even withstand a little neglect (forgetting to water it, etc.) and still bounce back.

Good luck!

8. Cathy says:

Hi, I luv your shows! I am new to the raw foods and I stumbled upon your show on YouTube and was instantly entertained and surprised by your wealth of knowledge and down to earth persona. Keep making the shows and help educate america. When me and majority of most people are so use to eating bad food all of our life its like learning to eat all over again with the healthy raw food. I am so thankful to have found your site and your knowledgeable experience is such a blessing to me and to so many other people. Thank you both for sharing this all with us. Peace and best wishes!

9. Teri says:

Hi, Your recipe looks great. Not a specialist about plants, but my plants love to be watered with warm water in the winter. Might help them get over the cold.

10. Anthony says:

Maybe you could buy a mini space heater that is battery operated to give the plants some heat. Just make sure you keep it on low and not to close to anything to prevent a fire. Some space heaters will automatically turn off if it starts getting too hot. So maybe that could help the plants stay warm.

11. Christa says:

Are there any natural birth control methods that are effective? I am happily married yet am sick of being on a synthetic birth control to prevent pregnancy. Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

12. Geri says:

I would love it if anyone knew of a natural birth control method! That is so funny cause I was just going to ask that too. Thanks

13. Rawdawg Rory says:

Hey guys! Great meeting and hanging with you both at the party! Best wishes on your health crusading! Peace~ Rory :0)

14. Bobbie says:

They might put new leaves out if the main growth points are not damaged. Great cauliflower recipe. I’m just learning how to prepare cauliflower. It hasn’t been in my diet before. Thanks for offering great tips.

15. Dennis Clark says:

man u murdered your plants 🙁 talk to them give them some plant food and keep them warm

Put the plants where the Microwave was

YOu can order that olive oil online at http://www.livingtreecommunity.com they have some great stuff

love ya both
    Dennis

16. Blankets and sheets over the plants–especially at night. Make sure they get enough water and food. Nice cauliflower recipe—-I’ve always found cauliflower and broccoli hard to take (flavor-wise) raw. However, I’ve made a few recipes with them.

17. Katie says:

Have you tried doing energy work around/on the plants? That always seems to work with them. : )

18. Heather says:

I would have to go with what other ppl have said like getting a small space heater and talking to your plants more and trying to expose them to more light.

How much nut butter do you use in the recipe

And I’m also very interested in Christa’s question as well for a natural birth control recommendation b/c the regular stuff totally affects my behavior hence why I haven’t used it in years

19. Cheryl Holt says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie!

Could you get a plant light or set up an aquarium like light with out risking a fire? Are the appliances set up the same as the ones at home in your motorhome as far as electrical outlets are concerned? : )
    Maybe mount a light where the mircowave was and use that as an alternative site for the plants when parked and in a cold spot.

I agree with Denise about talking to them and telling them how much you love them. Try some Ocean Water or Marine Phytoplankton?

What about warming small bean bags to place on the soil and around the pot to warm it a bit or placing the pot in hot water (is it too thick to do that effectively to warm the roots and the plant)? Using a heating pad around the pot or underneath the pot where no water would drain on it?

Love, Light, and Peace,
    Cheryl : )

20. Sharon says:

Recipe looks great! Plants are toast though. Sorry! No houseplants really like being moved (or frozen). You’d need to trim them right down and resprout them if you really want to keep them. Cut the dead stuff off. Maybe stick to some herbs that you can eat and replace regularly if you’d like greenery. Nothing will survive in the summer unless you have the AC on all the time though. They’ll dehydrate. Sigh…..

21. Sanjula says:

do you know Perelandra?
    you can order some Rescue drops for Plants, its called ETS (emergency trauma solution) for Plants

what a pity that you are probably not passing through Germany with your Kale Whale 🙂 🙂 🙂

blessings on your journey
    Sanjula

22. Amber says:

Kevin, you look so much in love with Annmarie, you have no idea how much it shows on your video!
    Thank you for the recipe, and ‘bravo’ to Annmarie for preparing scrumptious dishes in whichever circumstance!

Love, XX
    Amber

23. Sara says:

Maybe your food dehydrator will fit in the space where the microwave was. That how I replaced the microwave that was in our house. 🙂 The space is perfect.

24. Fred says:

Just in case you’re not aware of it, California has strict regulations about bringing in fruits, vegetables and live plants to reduce disease and insect pest infestation. We’ve had our produce and plants confiscated several times at California Agricultural Inspection Stations. See http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/phpps/PE/transport_animals_plants.html for details, and you may wish to call ahead for specific details so you don’t lose your precious plants and produce. You may need to leave them with friends in Arizona while you’re in California.

25. I tried the cauliflower recipe — and just a slight difference—- I made my own mac nut cream in the blender — separate from the cauliflower in the food processor. I used about 3/4 cup mac nuts, sea salt, garlic and water to cover the nuts — blend until creamy. Add mixture to cauliflower in food processor. Then, finely chop green onions and dill– mix in with cauliflower in food processor — Turn out into a bowl and enjoy with whatever you’re serving it with!

26. Marilyn berg says:

Hi guys… I’ve been married 25 years and love my man very much. But he still pisses me off on a regular basis. I’m a raw vegan and have watched you two for a while now, and want to know…Do you two ever fight? You always look into each others faces when your doing your show and that speaks volumes about how much you love each other. BUT Kevin is still a man, Annemarie and he has got to annoy you once in a while. Just wondering.

27. Roberta McMillian says:

Kevin and Annmarie, I sure enjoyed meeting both of you last night at the Kansas City meetup. The camera does not do either one of you justice. You are both beautiful people inside and out. Thanks for answering my question. Funny how we already know the answer already, we just need to hear it come out of someone elses mouth. I hope you both realize how important, inspirational, and hopeful the work you are doing is, it gives me hope for the future to see young people involved in spreading the word that we can all be healthier and happier by changing our lifestyles. That it truly is up to us. Many blessings in your journey. Roberta

28. Wendi Dee says:

Oh, I was so sad when I saw the plants. 🙁 I hope they are doing better, now. Maybe the roots and main parts of the plants are still okay and they can come back with new life–that’s what I’m hoping for you, Annmarie. *hugs*

KDcat is working on a drawing for you, to hang so that people don’t let Johnny 5 out. 🙂

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
    XOXOXO

29. jodie says:

Natural birth control.
    Also you can search in Amazon.com, under natural birth control and a selection of boks comes up 🙂

30. Cary Ellis says:

Kevin – great source of protein!!! SPROUTED LENTILS – try this salad: – Sprouted Lentils (easy 2-3 days)
    Minced Garlic
    Shredded Cabbage – organic of course

Dressing – Blend:
    1 c Water
    2 T Olive Oil
    2″ Ginger Root (cut in pieces)
    pinch Sea or Earth Salt
    Squeeze Lemon or Lime Juice

Pour over salad. Make Nori Roll-ups!
    You’ll feel like you got needed nutrients!

31. Ann Gleason says:

Talk to your plants!
    Tell them how much you love them, and ask them what they need to thrive!

32. Kathie says:

Hi Kevin & Annmarie

A garden center will have a heating pad made for growing new seeds that will keep your plants warm.You do need to water more.

33. Steven King says:

Kevin,
    what are your and AnnaMarie’s birthdates?
    I want to figure your numerology
    joy,
    SK

34. Patti says:

I don’t know if you read all of these posts but an idea for your plants. If you don’t want to turn the heat up in the rv. Buy a heating pad and place in under the pots without the fabric cover and only if there are trays under them. turn it on low. This will hold them over til you get back home. They can be revived depending on how badly cold they got. Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the recipe. I can’t wait to try it.

35. Melanie says:

Wow! I know what I’m making for dinner – the added bonus is all of these great comments. You people are great! I thought the same thing – getting a dehydrator soon and figured I should replace my microwave for counter space… Bonus recipe for sprouted lentils looks great! Love nori wraps! ;o)

36. Terresa says:

just made the cauliflower for dinner, it was YUMMY! I didn’t have macadamia nut butter, so used a scoop of tahini instead, also , right at the end, added a bit of flax oil and a big scoop of brewers yeast for a cheesy flavor. YUM! LOVED THIS RECIPE!